Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Scruntcave

It didn't take very long after the fight for the adrenaline to wash out of Mung's system and for him to swing from his murderous manic state to a dour depressive state in only a handful of minutes. He shook his flamer briefly to gauge how much fuel was left in it before stowing it under his robes, leaving the nozzle to trickle a few drops of promethium behind him as he walked. He doubles back toward the first dograbbit alpha, the still burning corpse providing enough light for him to see by as he walks on by.

He comes around the corner and finds the mutant corpses and a mantiscrunt hanging from the ceiling above the bodies. The techscrunt figured leave just as well along with the mantis since it doesn't seem aggressive to the other scrunts all the while being no less flatulent. The scrunt shuffles solemnly over to the mutants and upon seeing the autogun pries it from the still warm body of the mutant. He notes the brace of slamite bullets disappearing into Drekk's backpack and makes a mental note to work on his own development of slamite ammunition.

For the time being however, he takes his looted gun and his collected assortment of other servitor parts and silently rejoins the others. barely nodding to anyone who would ask him a question.

---

Sorry, I intended to post earlier, but I kind of fell into an Xcom 2 hole over the weekend. Going to go ahead and steal the Mutant's gun and add it to my collection of servitor parts from before. I may use these as a justification for my alternate career path come the 2500 exp mark and switch to the techpriest alternate career that gives me gun servitors.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Don't post while hosed up on sleep deprivation.

Fixing my post.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Tunnel Scrunts

Mung shuffles through ankle deep rock blood to rejoin the others. At the mention of potential dog food, he nods in agreement, adding "I think I biffed on cookin' dinner anyway." before pointing to the still flaming alpha dograbbit. "Les'n you lot like eatin rock blood and ash, I'ma be lookin for the consolation prize."

---

Joining Murdellia in the norther exploration.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Base

Mung didn't really know what to think about the strange metal man, but he did know one thing for sure: "Ach, there ain't enough meat left on them bones to make a proper scruntmeal. Last time I tried ta eat boiled metal it gave me bloody shits fer like three weeks."

Mung did approve of his new surroundings though, This new metal cave allowed them a solid workspace away from prying eyes and was more than likely more defensible than the farm they were previously on. They would need to excavate out areas, but that that could happen with time and provide them with the scrap to run improvements on their vehicles.

"Oi, you Burb or whatever yer name is, you belong to the scrunts now. Whatchya got ta eat in there? All we got is burnt dogthing, rock blood, and a buncha promethium. We need some proper food to pair with our good drinkin' gas. Also where's the garage at, we gotta get the nuke inside a'fore the others start trying ta cuddle wiv it."

He pauses a moment, the metaphorical (and also one literal) gears grinding in his head, before adding "You use ta live here a'fore, this is a nice hole fer sum scrunts, why'd the humans up and bail?"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Base

Mung nods to Yurik and whispers back "I was finkin that I don't trust the techyman as far as I can throw him. I was jus' ponderin jacking him full'a the experimental combat drugs for science and for a laugh, but that plan works too."

The gear in Mung's brain continues to grind, occasionally sparking and causing the techscrunt to twitch. He reaches into his robes and pulls out his karaoke machine / Signal Jammer and passes it over to the brainscrunt, adding "If'n yall let him out a'fore I get back, turn this on and follow him around. Hopefully it'd keep him from phoning 'is buddies. I got it set ta play the songs of our people, so jus follow him around with it, it'll keep him right encouraged. Gimme yer multikey here, 'case I gotta break security on something."

He noticed Murdellia setting up a triage station and promptly ignored her. Last time he went to her for medical advice she had him eat boiled metal because she thought Mung needed more iron in his diet. Fool Mung once, shame on you, fool Mung twice, also shame on you. Mung never really understood the concept of personal fault in any of his actions.

He breaks off from the group and goes looking for any cogitator engines he can break into for delicious delicious secrets.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Base

Mung makes it as far as the unpowered doors before he realizes he won't be able to slink off to dig around in the computer lab. Frustrated and looking for someone to blame other han himself, he stomps back over to Yurik, swipes his signal jammer back and yammers back to the slightly puzzled scrunt "Oi yer a daft jerk trickin me like that. Wev gotta get the power turned back on afore we kin do anything 'bout anything."

The techscrunt sighs and turns to the wreckage barricading the techpriest into his cell. "I guess wev gotta dig em out. Give me a hand with the scraps, an' lay em out over there in order of least to most awesome. We need a lascutter. Oi Groin get over here and facetorch this poo poo."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung scratches at his junk as he waited for the techpriest to finish activating the base. This was already taking too long and he wanted to get into the base to lick his claims.

Mung was ecstatic as the power returned to the facility and he got a good look at what they were dealing with. When he seen the word Armory show up on the pict-screen he poo poo himself in glee. "Oi lads, it says it's got an arm-ry in it. I'm gotta take a look at what we got fer guns."

---

Wandering off to the armory to take stock in our new toys.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Click for music

The Arm'ry

It took Mung a while to get the armory in proper scrunty condition. The feng shui of the rubble was all off and it was putting him in a bad mood. He assembled several slabs of rockcrete and an upturned locker into a lean-to bench for him to do his mechanical work. He scavenged a couple of battered empty footlockers and empty lactose shipping crates to hold excess weapons and ammunition.

Mung was dragging the last of the metal scrap up to the vehicle bay as the vehicle convoy showed up. He dropped his load suddenly, pinching a couple of toes off a shocked mechscrunt, as he turned to start directing limos into the bay. After much shouting and threats of incineration he was able to get the vehicles into the wide bay. It wasn't until after he was reunited with his techrats and able to assess the sudden influx of filth and swearing that he discovered one of the drivers had somehow managed to high end his vehicle on some debris trying to impress his feckless comrades.

After several slaps to the head of the offender, Mung attempts to rouse a couple of other scrunts to help him dislodge the car from it's captor. The gormless shits can't be bothered to try, protesting with cries of 'but it's awlful heavy boss, n' I gottsta sleep for the night". His recently reunited cyber-rats can't help for the obvious reason of not having opposable thumbs. Distraught, Goes into planning mode. He engages his brain gear and attempts to work his way to a solution.

Turning around, he notices that his cyber rats are fighting over bits of flesh hanging off a piece of the looted servitor that fell out of his pack. Cleaned of the flesh, Mung figures the cybernetic bits could be augmented to fit his scrunty frame if he so tried. Lucky for him he knew just the person to help him with techy bits.

He takes off in search of his new friend Serb but stops at the tanker first to fill up his drinking fuel flask...

The Upgrade

Mung awoke the next morning in the medbay with the worst fuel induced hangover of his life. He breathes in ragged gasps, shockingly more ragged than normal. It takes him a moment to realize that the hardened lump and jagged scars covering his throat was some sort of filtering device that came from the the scavenged servitor parts he looted back in the cave. He reaches up to feel his head and found more metal than usual. Serb must of tried to install the servitor cogitators to him into a brain-dead automaton, but either the cogitators were too far broken or too far incompatible with his scruntly physiology for it to take hold. He shrugs it off and staggers to stand himself upright only to find way more weight to his body than before. The Servo arm now attached to his back must of required significant reinforcements to his skeletal frame to handle the increased load and pressure it puts on him. As a test, he tries to push his his body upright using his new servo arm, overshoots, and throws himself a meter backwards and he topples into some scrunt in recovery after loosing several toes last night for some reason.

He makes a point to thank Serb before he gets back to work on the vehicle bay. As he waddles his way out of the medbay he shouts at a lone techscrunt peeing in a corner "Oi lad, get the crew together, we gotta get the plasma forge put back tagether!"

---
Made the upgrade to Archiscruntus Magna using the excuse of Serb installing the new career's implants and trying (and failing) to servitor me. Bought an intelligence advance, Logic, and Scholastic Lore (chymistry) before making the switch, leaving me with 50 loose exp. I'm going to go ahead and start Working on upgrading to a Tolerable Vehicle Bay.

Out of curiousity, since we have a tolerable medical bay, can I go ahead and get that bionic heart in my inventory installed with my other upgrades or do we need to wait for Murdellia to roll for it?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 10, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

before you go get hearty - and yes, your medlabs are in good enough condition for you to get one of the hearts installed - bear in mind that recovery time is 2d10 days minus your toughness bonus, for which i have already rolled.

you can make your case for relevant talents, pre-existing implants etc if you think this should be reduced

Fair enough, I'll hold off for the moment, unless you're going to make me roll recovery for my new implants as part of my new kit. If that's the case gently caress it make me hearty.

My case for reducing the recovery time on the heart is that my good quality Autosanguine means I basically always count as lightly wounded to heal all wounds. :downs:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 11, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Revelation

Mung makes it about a dozen steps out of the medbay before flopping over onto the ground, clutching his chest in pain. He tentatively claws open his robes and rubs his hands over lengths of dirty machine rags and duct tape holding together the rough sutures in his ribcage.

When Mung comes to the realization that Murdelia must of installed the bionic heart when doing the other implants he immediately gets annoyed.

"Phaw, gawdammit, she done stole one of my organs, AGAIN! Fool me once Murdelia, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you again you fakkin jerk."

Mung about faces and starts crawling back to the medbay, shouting "Gawdammit you better give me that heart back, I need ta eat it fer good luck. "

---

Disregard previous plans, I am in rest and recovery mode until DJF says otherwise.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 14, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung rolls listlessly in his cot. It wasn't enough that Murdelia did open heart surgery on him when he was out. But he can't even eat all his old biological heart in one sitting due to the fact that she relieved him of his stomach in the process. Not that it mattered, according to her, because his stomach was all blackened and withered like a rotted out jackfruit. "Aside," she said, "It's not like ya needed it anyway, prolly hadn't worked right for the last coupla years." In the meantime it seems as though Murdelia's double cousin had the idea to get some of the other scrunts together for a rousing game of Mungball in the courtyard. Mung made a mental reminder to enact his revenge against the double cousin at a later time.

His autosanguine blood seems to be handling the grunt work of stitching the wounds up, but that doesn't stop the attending medscrunts from bringing him some wood grain alcohol to disenfect the jagged stapled flesh (and also for Mung to drink when they weren't looking). At the rate he was healing it shouldn't be too long before he's back on his feet, but until then it gives him the chance to critique Murdelia's work on the Experimental Combat Drug using as many expletives as possible.

-----

Changed my Scholastic Lore (Chymistery) from my previous post with Forbidden Lore (mutants) to give us a bit more knowledge spread as a group. If it's at all possible for me to do so without ripping stitches and bleeding to death I'll try and assist on the experimental combat drug research using my new found knowledge of how mutations work.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 21, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Laid out

Mung grew increasingly irritated at his body not healing fast enough for his standard. It was at his peak moment of frustration when he was approached by one of the medical aids.
"Da' gently caress is this?" Mung asks incredulously at the hospital aid holding out what appeared to be a bucket of mud with some hunks of concrete mixed in.

"Murdelia said it'd make you feel better if'n you ate some dirt." replied the bewildered scrunt. The youth probably realizes that if he upsets Mung that the techscrunt will hurt him, but if he doesn't do what Murdelia said, she threatened him with atomic swirlies.

"I eat dirt all the time, dude. What makes you think this is going to make me feel better."

"Well she didn't say why, but she did say they stuck it in the nuke tank ta get sum radiocharged or somefin. Don't know why, radio stations suck around here. All you hear is 'Praise the Emperor' this, 'defeat the traitor army' that..."

Mung snatches the bucket suddenly from the bewildered aide and slaps him aside with his servo arm, sending him sliding on his but across the room and bouncing him off a pillar. "Well'n why didn't you tell me that to begin with ya idjit? She was sayin somefin earler about tolerable doses of radiographies bein something what's good fer ya."

Mung downs as much of the radioactive slop as his mechanical stomach can tolerate before laying back down.

The next day

Mystifingly, Murdelia was right on the money with the radioactive mud being just what the doctor ordered. His autosanguine seems to have kicked into overdrive and by the time he woke up the next day he was up and moving again.

His first action after getting back on his feet is, obviously, to go brag about his new toys to the other techscrunts. He meanders into the garage to see that same damned limo still high ended on a concrete hunk, he figures this is as good a time as any to show is new prowess and calls over some nearby ambling techscrunts. Sticking the servo arm under the limo's chassis, Mung squints and strains and his servo arm squeals in protest before finally giving in and lifting the limo off the rock and upending it onto it's side, crushing the leg of another techscrunt who just got out of the medicae with cybernetic toes. The audience coo, clapped, and farted in celebration while their comrade shrieks in pain.

Mung takes a minute to showboat before using his servo arm to slap shot the offending hunk of concrete out the bay doors to tumble down the hill multiple meters. He then pulls the limo back onto its wheels, much to the relief of the freshly re-maimed techscrunt that the others hop off to the medicae again.

Mung beams a smile at the rest of the crew and say "Roight, let's get ta work shall we?"

---

Fixing the critical damage on the chimera here and doing whatever miscellaneous fixes to poo poo I may or may not have damaged during the farm fight so our vehicles are ready to go.

We also need to do an armory check on the Tauros, since we're tracking grenades for that and our idiot manchildren scrunt militia probably fired all the shots off while we were in the cave. Are we going to be able to load up shotcannon shells for it before we leave?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 25, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung heard the rabble getting restless as the crew assembled to roll out. Some were mincing about, complaining they would have to eat grass if we didn't bring home some food. Mung didn't have to worry about food right away, worse came to worse he can always eat his cyber-rats to stave off starvation. He can always make more later.

Speaking of, it seems as though his cyber rats were stowed away for the trip. He has them hidden away in a compartment in the front of the chimera, ready to explode out and harry anyone who gives him grief, or simply to give Mung a laugh, he hasn't decided which yet.

In the chaos of the vehicle bay, Mung leans back and takes a moment to contemplate what he wants to do with his life. These moments of self reflection come only rarely to him, so he made sure to take special note of it. Overall he was rather happy with how the base acquisition went, but with his avarice knowing no bounds Mung can easily think of new wants for himself. Of course he wants to continue chop shopping up some kickin' rad vehicles, but he was so happy and proud with his cybernetics that he can't help but want to share with others and get a bionics lab up and running to borg up as many scrunts as he can. In addition, while he's had all the fuel he could drink for a while now, he would like to try and get some stills built to make some good scrunty wood grain moonshine.

His self reflection quickly ends as he laughs at a scrunt who just got backed over by another techscrunt in a limo. Mung jacks himself into the chimera by means of his mind impulse unit and gets ready to roll out as soon as all the lads are loaded up.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung didn't understand a lot of things, but among others he doesn't really understand some of the other scrunt's obsession with these dograbbit things. He ate some of their brains back during the cave fight when he was out of his mind on trucker drugs and he wasn't terribly impressed with the taste. It was kind of bland and not as riddled with parasites as he generally likes his meat to be. He figured there would probably have been plenty of good nutritious rats and worms to eat had anyone the mind to look for them while they were loving around for the last week, but he guessed that's neither here nor there at this point.

In the meantime, he tried to tap into the feral subconscious of what a feral herd of wolfrabbits would do when a bunch of vehicles showed up and started blasting. Presumably, he thought, they would run and probably in the opposite direction of the sound and the stench. In order to keep them from scattering he would need to be proactive in keeping them from scattering.

He decided he needed to try and herd the rabbits as they tried to escape. Like some sort of giant loud metal canine barking a chorus of "Scrunt"-s and "Feck"-s he does his best to drive around the outside of the swarm and keep them from scattering to the winds.

---
Assume my 5 turns are spent driving the chimera in doughnuts a big circle around the rabbits to try and keep them from scattering too much.

Edit: gently caress, you beat me with an update.

Edit 2: unstriking my post, it still works for what's going on. I'm attempting to circle around the outside and herd them back toward the others.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 25, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
More like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SZYZLfZ7E

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Click for Mood Music

Mung grips the wheel tighter with his greasy sausage like fingers as he slides forward in his seat to better jam the gas pedal down as hard as possible. These rabbit things will rue the day they milled about aimlessly in an open field waiting to be shot and/or stabbed and/or ran down.

---

Continuing to flat out in chasing the fleeing mobs of ferocious bunnies. Should something large and rabbity pop out in near vicinity to me, then switching my action to RAMMING SPEED. Keep in mind I've got +10 from mind impulse unit and +5 from my armor.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 17, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung's zealous indignation at defenseless dograbbits quickly turns south as the marauding colossal hellrabbits march their way out of the trees.

Faced with several combatants several times bigger than his vehicle, Mung's overdeveloped fight or flight instinct kicks in and lands squarely on "flight". He jams the chimera in reverse and guns it the way he came from: in reverse.

____

My character's mood is feculent and fearful. Full speed ahead behind!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Wounds: 12/12
Fate: 2/2

Mungs fear turns into rage as he sees the sentinel turn into a colossal fireball. The techscrunt screams at the top of his lungs "YOU MOTHERFAKKER, DON'CHYEW KNOW HOW LONG IT'S GONNA TAKE ME TA FIX THAT HUNKA GARBAGE?"

Mung, upon hearing a squeaky voice calling him a dingus in the back of his consciousness spins to look in the back of the chimera to shout "SAYS THE IDIOT HELLFAKKER NOT ON THE FAKKOFF BIG GUN, GET ON THAT MULTILASER YOU IDJIT.". All the while completely unaware that his foot has engaged the vehicle back in the forward direction.

---

Traveling forward again, this time at regular cruising speed instead of flooring it. Seriously one of you idiots get on the big scary multilaser that does 2d10+10 damage and fires on full auto.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 14, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung feels a weird tugging at his soul as the hellrabbit bursts into flames. Normally Mung associates this feeling before he's about to poo poo his pants, but this somehow felt more gross, if that was possible. He shakes his head and continues driving toward the flaming hell abomination.

---

Continuing on cruising speed.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

After the fight

"Jus' fer the record, this is really stupid." Mung clamors on the comms as he starts laying on his horn to get the frenzied scrunt's attention. The techscrunt throws the chimera into reverse ambling away from the raging ball of elbows, teeth, and explosives as he continues taunting him over the loudspeaker.

"Oi, where's yer mom at anyways? Last time I shaved her back I weaved it into a nice coat. Maybe this time I could stuff a mattress with it. HAH."

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 5, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

After the fight

With the skill and attention span of an excited toddler, Mung quickly lost interest in leading groin around as he spits and cusses. The techscrunt farts loudly and decides to help out the collecting of the spoils in a way that keeps his rear end in the chimera seat: He drops the rear bay door of the chimera and attempts to scoop dead wolfrabbit corpses by backing up over the corpses.

Helped on by the rest of the passengers and hindered by his own need to occasionally spin doughnuts and fling the helpers off, Mung hoped that it wouldn't take long to either fill the chimera to capacity or to collect all the corpses.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Forcefully ejected from a plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI

Mung jumps at the psyscrunt and the medic both yelling simultaneously and does a double take. "'Well itsabout time you guys snapped out of it, yall act like ya hadn't ever had Ricky Doo's Special Supreme Swill, Ya'lls a buncha lightweights. But man we had ourselves a hoot though. After we sent the lads on the way with the rabbits all yall got real goofy on me. Fun story, I'll tell ya about it sometime. Just don't ever try ta poop bomb a base again, yall caused me a problem something fierce."

Mung puffs his chest out self-assuredly, "Luckily I think I got it under control at least until the turrets break and they come in to kill us all." Mung tugs at the wires that feeding from the console into the patch of machinery where his nose once was "I'm smellin; us a way outta here, but in da meantime, one of ya do something with this" he exclaims as he rustles through his pockets, finding mound after mound of rabbit-wolf gore before coming upon the small brick of plastic explosive that he plopped down between the other two gawking scrunts.

Using his bi-directional smell array, he could tell that the machine spirits of the console was deeply offended by his odor, but he went ahead and sent some binary unlocking pheromones to the machine to attempt to bypass the login. As the login processed, he took a moment to interface with his awwgrr array to look for some hazard that could be blown up to create an obstruction. As he did all this, he absent mindedly asked to the scrunts standing behind him, "Now whichn of ya brought the rope?"

---

Hitting the floor running here, going to run either tech use +10 or Security +0 on the console, whichever is more relevant, I'm assuming +10 from MIU smell-o-vision would put me at a target of 75 for Tech Use or 65 for security, more if I had Yurik's multikey or an assist. I almost added multi tool but then I remembered my utility servo arm is gone, unless the mechanicus axe counts as a combi-tool (Not as stupid as it sounds, the core rulebook's Omnissian Axe actually counts as one).

I'll also use my good quality augur array here to try and detect a source of heat and/or radiation we can bomb out to hinder pursuers. Barring either of those, maybe try and find a structural point to try and collapse that can block them out without killing us all.

How big is the room we're in?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 4, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Plan B

Mung's brain fires idea sparks as his plan comes to light. He starts wiggling uncontrollably and spinning his sevo arm in a circle as he blows more data down his bi-directional smell array along with several small bubbles of oil out of what use to be his nose. He squeaks out to his companions over the sound of lasfire, "Get the rope uncoiled from the chopper lads, an' start stickin it down that shaft like it was yer mum. I gotta do a thing here then we're blowing this popsicle stand." He also gets on his comm-bead and tries to raise the others, unsure if they could even hear him from this range: "Oi lads, I got some distractions coming right up, grab whatchu can and leg it. Jus' keep 'way from the turrets fer now."

The techscrunt scentloads a series of commands to the console, waiting for the acknowledgement responses before unjacking himself and spinning around on his heels. He darts over to the chopper, fumbling with his brick of explosives. He set the explosives to remote detonation and sticks it on the chopper, away from the smoldering bits but out of sight. He clamps his servo arm onto the copter wreckage and attempts to slide it as close to their egress point without going over it as possible, hoping to get more of the line's slack down the shaft to limit the distance they had to fall to get to the bottom. That being done and him being satisfied that the console had enough time to upload to all the networked things, Mung sprints back over to the console and with a leaping swing brings his servo arm down on the console as hard as he can to smash the cogitator and render it inoperable. He couldn't have the security forces outside undo his beautiful work after they left, after all.

His work being done, he turns his attention to getting the hell out of here.

----
The spoiler tag is there because I don't know if anyone outside of the two other scrunts beside me can hear me on the comm bead, I will let DJF decide how much of that message actually makes it to the others.

This is all reliant on time, start trimming what I can get done based on remaining time as you see fit.

On the computer console I want to do the following in order of importance:
-Try and get a blueprint of the facility scentloaded into my mind so I've got an idea of where to go when we get out of here.
-Disable IFF on all turrets I can have access to.
-Enable Continuous fire on all those turrets - even if they don't have a target they should all be firing full bore until they run out of ammo or jam or explode. I'm hoping this can work as a my psuedo-timer on them.
- If I can identify which bulkhead doors contain scrunts, I'm going to leave those shut to give them their privacy and open all other doors. If I cannot identify said doors or cannot open all the other doors without opening the pool party door and the rabbitdog meditation chamber door, then scratch this option entirely.
-Hijack all networked Laud Hailers in the base, have them all play the songs of our people. If I don't have songs smellloaded into my cerebral cortex, then make Laud Hailers play continuous loops of dial up modem noises at maximum volume.

After that, I'm going to do the following:
-Plant demolition charge on the helicopter so that when we make it down, I can set it off, blow up the copter, and the guard cannot scurry down the line after us.
-Try and move the wreckage of the helicopter with my servo arm so that it's closer to the shaft and we can get the cable a little closer to the ground.
-Smash computer console
-Get the gently caress out down the helicopter line assuming Yurik or Murdellia got the line down the shaft. :catstare::catstare::catstare:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 8, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung, upon seeing light at the end of the vent shaft, cleverly thinks to cause a bit more mischief as they all pop out. He loads another couple of songs of his people up and warms up his signal jammer to blare out upon the the lander guards.

---

Setting up the signal jammer to play when we spring our ambush. The guards will not be able to radio for help over the soothing melodies of the scruntsaphone.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 18, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Like turds in a sewer, these are the scrunts of our lives.

Mung clamors out of the access tunnel relatively cocksure. Most of the walk down the tunnel was filled with him bragging 'bout what he did back in the tower. He sqeaks out "See, now that's what'n I can do if my plan comes together. Now with any luck we won't see any more guard on our way to nick stuff due to the turrets and the commotion we make elsewhere." He enters the daylight again and peeks over the nearby barricade to see a massive swarm of guards. "Oh well fack my rear end." He swears as he swaps his Triplex pattern lasgun to sniper mode to pick out a target of opportunity.

----

Staying in my current cover for the moment. I'm working on the assumption that we have a weapon out already. Going to half action aim and fire a single sniper round at Sniper 2 if I can see him, whatever convenient target of opportunity if not. +10 aim +10 accurate +10 single shot + 10 short range (normal range in sniper mode is 150)

Edit: Also there is no way I'll be able to get to those turrets to disable them in 4 rounds. Unless the next action after I disable them is 'get shot to death'

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 29, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

disable, subvert, either or. these ones you can just commandeer and turn friendly by swapping 'ignore people with IFF tags' to 'only target those with IFF tags'

Less so a problem with the turrets themselves and moreso about the gaggle of people who will be riddling me full of holes when I run out of cover to sprint over to the command console.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The heavy stubber weighs a little over 65 lbs not counting ammunition and the Autocannon weighs almost 90 lbs. If you were carrying the MM as well you were towing around almost 250 lbs of gun before counting any of your other gear. I would guess it's probably safe to assume the unclaimed heavy weapons are back in the chimera or in the base.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

"Go fack yerself!" Mung proudly exclaims as he shockingly outsniped the sniper. He takes a second to glance around quickly, his comm jammer catching brief bursts of techpriest commands to servitors and turrets. Once Mung realizes that the nerd is planning to turn on the turrets, he springs into action. He sprints out of cover, shouting at the tech priest, "You fakken nerd better hope you die afore we're done or I'm going to give you a turbo wedgie and rip yer butthole in half!"

---

Sprinting forward toward the turret consoles. Moving to F7 if I can, G10 otherwise.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 7, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

Mung squats behind the fuel tank for a second and peeks over the edge. If he keeps running he can make it to the turret control to disable them. However, upon checking to the left, he spots the ogryn that had decided to go give the fuel tank that one element of the fire team was hiding behind a hug. Not one to leave an opportunity like this to go to waste, he indulges in his not so secret joy of pyromania. He draws out his flamey burncaster and leans around his fuel tank and unleashes a fuel mist at the cluster of foes and yells "Yer fired, fackin dumbshits!" before hitting the ignition switch.

-----

Half action draw my burncaster, half action fire at fire team 5 and the ogryn and the big rear end can of gas they are hiding behind.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 19, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Edit: better question for OOC

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 3, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The life of a techscrunt is a bizarre one full of weird technological rites often involving bodily functions. Of the several things he's learned he's currently taking a few to heart. First and foremost is not to get shot at. Secondly, don't hide behind a big tank of gas when the enemy is shooting at you with burning phosphorous rounds less it lights the tank on fire. Third being break the big gun about to shoot you should you get the chance.

Mung adds to the offensively bad smell released by Yurik by releasing his own battlefart and charging headlong at the turret to his north. His mind set on toppling the turret before it comes fully online.

----

Charge action to E1 so I can hide behind the computer console for cover and rather than attacking the turret, going to attempt to FEAT OF STRENGTH it with my 75 str unnatural strength 7 servo arm in an attempt to flip it it over or otherwise break the turret in a way that the guns are unable to aim and shoot at us. I'm running on the assumption that overriding controls on one of these guys is going to be some sort of opposed tech use check against the tech priest and as DJF has so kindly pointed out, I'm feeling kind of risk adverse due to his helldice hating me. Going for the safer bet in disabling the turret rather than taking control.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 4, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Keep in mind too guys, surpressive fire is probably going to help our odds if we can put people on the deck and from not firing at us.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

gender illusionist posted:

having just figured out what that means 😋, can I go back and change my aim to ranged volley?

Comrade orders work independently of your own actions. You can aim *and* ranged volley.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Something to note for the wounded people is that you can spend a fate point to regain I believe 1d5 wounds. This is useful because it removes critical damage first (though any permanent maimings remain) which will help ease recovery times. IIRC there's also a toughness/defense talent that changes the fate point heal to 1d5 + toughness bonus

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds 10/12

All things considered the techscrunt was in a surprisingly good mood despite being a bullet magnet. His adrenaline was pumping, there were fires blazing all around him, the pungent aroma of scrunty warp juice was in the air and reminded him strangely of home. Most importantly for the moment though, was that he was wearing a one tonne lascannon turret as a hat. He cackles in maniacal glee at the situation and sets his eyes on the closest thing stomping it's way over to him. Reaching up into his new turret toy, he grabs a handful of wires from the capacatative banks and shorts them across what he was guessing to be the triggering mechanism, causing a sizzle and smoke as the wires spot weld themselves in place - discharging the leftover power and sending the turret's guns into action on whatever the fakk it was coming up to him. Still feeling mouthy, he shouts the first thing that comes to his mind, "MOLTENNNN COOOOORRREEEE!!" He wasn't sure what it meant, but it felt good to shout it.

----

GUNHAT = PARTYTIME.

So what I'm going to do is shoot to kill the Ogryn first until he's dead as gently caress, then send any extra successful hits downrange if at all possible. Assuming this is a ballistic skill check using range as the furthest target (i.e. specifically not point blank vs the Ogryn, just short range), +10 range, +10 half action aim, +20 Twin Linked puts my target at 83.

http://orokos.com/roll/446844 I roll a 9, for 8 degrees of success. 3 hits +1 for Twin Linked. Murder that ogryn and if I'm able to send any extra hits to whatever fireteam is closest to being immediately behind the ogryn.

After that, I'm going to do a free action to lean the turret down, assume I'm just putting the nose in the dirt so I'm not hefting the whole weight of my new hat and also to try and block incoming fire. If you want to warrant this taking a half action to do then cut my aim action off of the above attack and put me at 7 degrees of success, which is still 4 hits.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 18, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds 10/12

Mung, satisfied that he's done a job well done today, flops the now inert turret husk aside, shaking the ground with a dull thud as its mass lands upside down. He circles around the Valkyrie to see a handful of scrunts peeing and rolling around in the various plane fires to put them out. Satisfied that his help wasn't needed there he shouts "Oi you lads are doin good up there, I can't pee that fire out since I drink so much fuel I actually would make it worse. I'ma get this poo poo fired up." He climbs up the crew ladder of the valk and slides the bay door open only to lock eyes with the last member of fire team 5 who at some point during the scuffle apparently shuffled away from the combat and currently held a red fire extinguisher in his hands, no doubt he thought to extinguish the craft and escape before the scrunts caught on. The techpriest, who at this point was still trying to board lashed out with his servo arm instead of flailing at the enemy with his fists. The clumsy swing of the metal arm missed the man but slapped the fire extinguisher out of his hand.

The man goes to pull his rifle, which Mung snaps into the vice jaws of his servo arm seconds before crushing it beyond recognition and chucking it over his shoulder. Mung struggles into the ship as the dumbfounded guard fumbles for any sort of sidearm and the techpriest collides bodily into the man, bouncing him off the other side of the Valk and stunning him long enough for Mung to reach past him with the servo arm, put the vice clamp down on his belt loop, and lifting the man up a meter off the ground by his underwear and the armored plates of his leggings. The fight is taken out of the man in an instant as Mung looks up at the man suspended over his head. "I promised yer tekkboy out there the wedgie of his life but he went an' got himself vaporized, so you done 'inherited it." He chuckles to himself as he throws his weapons into a stow compartment out of reach of his still dangling new prisoner and sits down in the pilot's seat of the chimera. He grabs the pair of wires out of the portion of his face that use to be his nose and hooks it into the Valkyrie's console, sending a techsmell command to start the initiation sequences for the craft. The man, still dangling a meter off the ground by the servo arm that's now flexed backwards over the pilot's seat begins to squirm and kick in protest at the uncomfortable position he's in. Mung gives his servo arm (and by extension the man suspended from it by his pants a good shake and yells out "You fakkin stop movin back there or I'll rip ye in half from the butthole upward, ya catch me?"

------

Taking that soldier 5 that was trying to put out the fire as a prisoner. In addition I'll be staring the plane's launch procedure to get us the gently caress outta here.

I'm trying to remember, didn't that Inquisitor's lockbox we had require three different species blood to open? Does Yurik still have that? Would Ogryn blood be 'unique' enough to count toward the requirement given that it already has scrunt and human blood samples?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 31, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Edit: I hosed up this post by accident and cannot recover it, a scrunt post use to be here RIP

Something something Best Quality Crimson Armor. Something something soldier taken prisoner by swarm of chromed out rats. Something something PLANE RIDE YAY!

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 29, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Fack it was boring on this plane ride. Thankfully Mung had an idea to keep himself occupied. The way his most recent spat of cybernetic enhancements were set up allowed him a bit of modular design. By modular of course, meant using his cyberrats to spotweld whatever he could scavenge up on the metal portions of his skin. He therefore had a couple of hours to scavenge the redundant safety features out of the cockpit and cab of their vehicle in order to augment himself. Obviously if it's redundant, that means there's at least one extra one he could selfishly use for himself, right? The extra extinguisher could be safely drained by emptying it in the face of Groin so that Mung could then re-purpose it as an atmospheric recycler. Who needed control surfaces when the thing was on autopilot anyway? While he was working on himself, he started poking Murdellia incessantly until she stitched up his fleshy bits while him and the cyberrats worried about the technological bits.

Throughout the existential puzzle box crisis Mung didn't pay any attention at all. It didn't matter what he was now that he had his new transcendent form. He had surpassed what his creator had intended for him anyway.

By the time Mung got back to the pilot's seat, the void ship was in eyeshot. At the behest of his fellow scrunts he jacked his scent array back into what little remained of the plane's dashboard, blew every override command down the interface as his mind could remember, and started jamming on the control stick randomly to try and angle them toward the lab deck.
---

Spending 400 exp on The Flesh Is Weak, giving me the machine(3) trait as I ascend to my proper place as a trash golem. Machine means I no longer breathe, I'm immune to Vacuum, extreme cold and mind influencing psychic effects. My armor points apply toward damage while on fire and I gain 3 AP all that stacks with worn armor. Banking the other 100 for now.

I'm at 11 armor on my body now and 10 everywhere else. I am king junkmonster.

Taking control and trying to fly us to the lab.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung spun the chimera around in rapid circles, firstly to avoid the missiles but also because it was fun as hell. Then the warning clarions sounded as electrical shocks in what little flesh remained of his sinus. The missiles were wheeling around, attracted to some sort of beacon on the ship. He spins to the other and yells in a new mechanical staccato "Oi, you pack a' fakkers get lookin for something that looks beacon-y an' smash it. I got a plan in the meantime."

The techscrunt lets out a shrill binary emergency code with his vocal implants to set his rats in alarm mode. They swarm off of the prisoner who was too busy being paralyzed with equal parts fear and pure utter disgust to attempt a coup at this point. The techrats mass around the cockpit, beeping for orders.

Mung begins a rapid binary instructional plan and the rats get to moving, scurrying into the dash of the fighter, finding the radio and comms controls, and temporarily splicing it into the signal jammer, still playing the music of his people on loop. Mung scentloads commands into the comms to try and get the signal jammer running on the Valkerie's comm band.

-----

As above, tech use to try and get the signal jammer running on the same channel the missiles and tracking bits and bobs are running on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
On the back of the beast

Mung, self satisfied that he flew the gently caress outta that jet is contented himself to move on to the next activity. He fumbles for his signal jamming talkbox and shoves it back into wherever it is he keeps it, pulling out what little remained of the Valkerie's control panel with the malformed scrunttech. The atmosphere draining out of the ship didn't phase him so much, due to both his new void sealed armor and also his redundant backup systems protecting him from the lack of atmosphere. If the other scrunts wanted creature comforts like 'breathing air' they would have to go out and find their own for themselves. gently caress Them, Got Mine he contently though to himself. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Speaking of survival of the fittest, upon leaving the pilot's chair Mung catches a glimps of their human prisoner - in a emergency rebreather he must of pilfered when nobody was looking, attempting to squeeze through part of the wreckage and away from the horrible monsters. He wasn't quite quick enough to make a clean escape from the vehicle though. Mung pounced on the mans legs and started clawing at his ankles. When he started thrashing Mung instead turned toward the servo arm on his back, snatching the man by a snag in his armor and forcibly dragging him along with the other scrunts. The man groaned in defeat once more, consigned to his fate of be the prisoner of lovely little monsters.

------
In the Belly of the Beast

Now that things were starting to wind down, Mung started to take extra interest in his captive. He squints and considers this man, for whom his BDU read SPC. Slaughter. "Oi you dumb fakker," Mung asks, giving the man still held aloft by the Techscrunts servo arm, "You were plannin to get away on that ship a'fore we shot up your buddies. Whatchya know 'bout this here ship? And don't hold out on me or else you get the rats again." He adds, dangling one of his cyber rats directly in front of the man's face for emphasis.

Little did the man know, of course, that regardless of Specialist Slaughter's answers, the techscrunt was planning on cooking and eating him anyways. It had been a matter of hours since the last time he ate and he was convinced that he would soon begin starving if he didn't get some proper food in him.

-------
Questioning the prisoner. Starting with intimidate at trained, followed by Interrogate untrained if the first fails, followed by cooking and eating him at the first opportunity if both fail.

If I succeed we cook and eat him at the first opportunity anyway.

If anyone else thinks they have useful questions, I guess go ahead and ask them in character here and we'll see what he knows.

Will amble and follow the scrunt location consensus wherever that may lead for the moment.

• Locked thread