Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Voting cowhole, though I guess if everyone else wants the lift complex I can servo arm the doors open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Putchyer scrunt in my cow hole

Mung descends into the grox pens and his face lights up in more ways than one. The built in photo-visors on his new helmet cut through the gloom and gave him a clear view of all his surroundings. To his delight, even in the middle of this grox pit he readily spotted cogitator consoles in the large room. The techscrunt drops his prisoners and beeps an attention signal to his techrats, ordering them to hold the man down.

The techscrunt mills over the console and presses a couple of buttons nearly at random before he hears the commotion. Cautiously, Mung unslings his tech-heretical flamer, looking for something worth burning.

-----

Put me in front of the red computer console on the right. The prisioner will be held down by the techrats somewhere narratively convenient since the rats are basically non-combat and the prisoner probably is fine being held down. Readying my flamer.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
While I'm thinking about it, something I should point out in advance is that my armor gives me good quality photo visors, allowing me to see in the dark and giving immunity to photo flash grenades and other blinding effects on top of all the other nonsense immunities I get for being a trash golem.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
^^^ Double team only works in melee.

Mungly Mung - Yoshimi Trash Golem battles the Pink eldritch robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViB5nnPRuYo

Wounds: 12/12
Fate: 21/2

Mungs senses go into overdrive as the robots present themselves. His otherwise rather pathetic reaction times became augmented when one of the recently installed gizmos in his head briefly sparked and the words Reflex augmentation activated briefly pop up in the corner of one of his eyes. A sudden rush of powerful synthetic adrenaline hits what remains of his fleshy bits and before he knows it he's shouting obscenities incoherently while blasting these newfound robots with his flaming air burst gun. After the first blast, while the fuel chamber was refilling, Mung set himself to smash as many buttons on the console as he could.

-------

Spending a fate point to move me to the top of the initiative list. Half action flaming the north group, half action tech use to activate electric fences.

Activating the fences http://orokos.com/roll/493979 Fails miserably.

Edit: Mung has photo-visors and thus night vision, shouldn't be affected by the -20 to hit penalty. Ideally I'm going to be lifting my gun to shoot over the computer, but I guess if you want to light it up for yuks thats fine too.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 9, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Fair enough. Since I'm moving to the top of the initiative would it be fair to assume anything I potentially lit on fire doesn't count as being in the dark for anyone behind me in initiative whom don't have night vision?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Fire Fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en1uwIzI3SE

Fate: 1/2

Mung cackle's gleefully at the sight of the abominable pyre of metal and flesh that now encroaches from the north. He bangs on the side of his burncaster with the flat of his hand to shake more fuel into the discharge chamber faster before letting loose with another pyroclasm at the clawed abominations making their way toward him. In the back of his mind he can still vaguely hear his techrats beeping and chirping to him in binary coding, attempting to bring the fences online. With a loud spark and a surprised squeak from one of the rats, the console flickers to life and the sound of capacitors charging and transformers humming to life begin filling the air.

-----

Firing another shot at the group of robots, as far as my last turn was concerned Fate point into overwatch probably makes the most sense, I still want to be ahead of these guys on initiative.

With my other half action will be to tech use the panel to electrify it. Which is actually successful this time 35 vs 65 (55 int, +10 Tech use, *Maybe+10 if you allow comrade servo arm advance to apply to bringing the panel online, since it technically only applies for repair work) makes it 4 degrees of success, (5 if you count the comrade servo arm)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 2, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
^^^ I mean, the group to the north is all on fire and will continue to be, so it's a pretty safe guess that they are illuminated.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Fire Fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sAnloI_es

Fate: 1/2

Mung gets his heckles up at the notion that one of the robot beasts could survive long enough to run screaming away from the continued pyroblasts that the techscrunt was sending downrange. Mung's scrunty mental calculus told him that he needed to change up his strategy for this critter that could escape the killzone. He voxes out an unintelligable battlecry, "PPBBBRRRRRR GONE FUCKIT SHITLORD" as he turns and charges the robot that escaped his original assault.

-----
Going to turn on and charge the guy from the north group that ran past us last turn. Attacking with the servo arm attached to me. 91 vs gently caress is almost certainly a miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung ?????

The Throne of Aurelia

Cogitators whirred and buzzed unendingly around the creature, as they had for months on end by this point. The creature that dethroned the planetary governor remained ever still on his glorious prize. He made sure that he prize was truly and thoroughly licked before "that fakkin thief" Groin could lay claim to it. It was his and his alone and he worked tirelessly to ensure that nobody else could claim it, not even the Severans when they started the counteroffensive.

The modifications that the slovenly techmonster made to himself before the skirmish with the necrons in the Grox pens were but a prelude for his ultimate transformation. Mung strove to integrate his scrunty form with all manner of scrap and trash, and even in their decent back to planetside almost failed miserably due to his scavenging of several emergency retro jets and "unnecessary" flak plating into his form.

When it became clear what the Throne actually was, it was Mung who chose to lead the assault on it. By this point his scrunty frame had accumulated enough detritus and assorted gizmos that survivors of the Battle for the Throne described it as though it resembled one of the Sisters of Battle's Penitent Engines if it were designed by a child and made from scrapyard castoffs. Despite it's ramshackle appearance, it proved phenomenally hardy, both in part to it's absurd engineering allowing it to shrug off blows that would drop a sentinel, and also due to the absolutely massive swarms of cybernetically enhanced servitor rats that would swarm and strip to the bone any attempt to bring melta weaponry upon it.

When it finally dethroned the planetary governor, it's ascension was complete. The foul beast hard wired himself into the titan and used a logic virus to hijack the machine spirits and integrate them directly into his brain. There would be no way to reclaim the titan for the Imperium anymore, and the only way to stop it would be to demolish it completely.

On this day, the creature known as Mungly Mung ceased to be.

There is only Mecha Scruntzilla

Long may he reign.

• Locked thread