Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Cargo Bay, approximately four feet from the ground.

Gumbo Bulge came to to find himself bobbing a few feet in the air, hoisted on the shoulders, arms and in one case leg or a group of rambunctious young Scruntlings. The last thing he remembered was chugging a keg of something green, distilled from fungus and peelings. It wasn't clear if these young Scruntlings wanted to toast his achivement or sacrifice him to the Scruntfather. Possibly both, judging by the smell there was certainly something burning nearby. The evidence was inconclusive, from one side of the rabble someone presented him with a mug of something lukewarm with a distinct scent of mouse piss, a soothing scruntlager, on the other side someone was jabbing at his belly with a rusty fork. The chanting was no help either. Get any dozen Scrunts together and eventually they'll be chanting "SLAM SECTOR". He wiggled about scruntily, but found the youths had an iron grip on his arms and buttocks. He took a few moments to think - and a few gulps from the scruntlager - and came up with a plan of action.

"Oi!" he shouted.

This did not have the desired effect, so he took another few swigs and started kicking at the Scruntling nearest to his right foot. The Scruntling slowed, whilst the Scruntlings on his left kept running forward, causing the small crowd to turn right for a moment. He kicked out with his left foot next, and the crowd turned left.

In control of the gang, he now looked around for something to navigate to. To the left were some flaming tents - probably best to avoid. Up ahead was a large pile of dead Scrunts - not an uncommon sight, but it wouldn't be much use in this situation. To the right was a little more promising - Gumbo started kicking hard on the right, and successfully steered the Scruntlings directly into an ongoing melee.

The ensuing chaos allowed Gumbo to roll away from his captors/fans and out into open air, slamming face first into the deck but somehow not spilling his drink. He climbed to his feet in front of a somewhat panicked Scrunt he recognised and downed the rest of his scruntlager, throwing the mug back into the melee behind him.

"Awrigh Dak whas the rub?"

Moola, I've added some drunk and confused Scruntlings to your fight, do what you will with them. GreenLantern I'm here to help with your barrel problem but I doubt there's much Gumbo can do.

I don't think I'll be able to get another post in today, as I'm out in the middle of nowhere, but I may be able to get a little reception and will check up on the thread if I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Scrunt Container.

Surrounded by other friendly Scrunts, Gumbo was enjoying the atmosphere and escalating stench of the confined space. At some point he had even attracted a lady Scrunt with a rather fetching mutant lobster claw. Someone in the Container, another Scrunt had started up a bbq, and Gumbo's stomach started rumbling at the stench. He looked forward to a traditional Scrunt meal of extremely burnt meat and gristle.

He peered about the container, searching for the source of the smell.

Then he found it.

Also presented in gif form:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Crash Site.

Waking from a short impact induced nap, Gumbo crawled from the wreckage, dusting debris amd bits of Scrunt off his uniform. He noted the blue skies, singing birds and lush trees with disinterest and went looking for his gun. His gear was scattered about, but he found it all in short order, having to chase a Scruntling away from the chainsword with a burst of las pistol fire at his tiny hosed up feet. It looked like the rest of the surviving Scrunts were milling aimlessly about, as Scrunts often do, but there was a small gathering chattering frantically, so he headed in their direction.

As the others got him up to speed, Gumbo sketched a crude map in the earth and then stood back and stared at it for a while.

"Ways I sees it, we got options...

We's can hide in dat hole, iss a nice hole. But then we's in a hole and they's not.
We can get them in da hole, in der box or on der feet. We jus gots to cover it and lead em over, be easier to get th box in, coz they won be lookin so close, but we's got to block off the other routes, maybe needs a decoy"
he glanced at Kreb.
"The other thin - we could rush the bastard. Problem is tha big gun. If iss wha I think, iss got a mean big gun, blast us ta ooze. We gotta be up close before it knows, cut our way in thru th back. We's could hide in the pit until it crosses, or try to take it at the buillings. The buillings got cover, good chance to sneak up close without it seein, special if we gots a distraction
He indicated the aimlessly milling Scrunts "Whatev we do I thinks t'others ought ta hide 'em in th' buillings."

"The holes the leas risky, but the leas rewardin too" there was a glint in Gumbo's eye at the idea of getting that vehicle, of becoming Mechanised Scruntfantry. "So's I guess th question is, do yous feel lucky, Scrunts?"

Looking at the map if the Chimaera wants to drive up to the crash site it pretty much has to cross the pit or it'll be going over difficult terrain. There's definitely better tactical options that just attacking them on the road. The buildings may allow us to extend the element of surprise a little, especially if the squad disembarks and splits up to search them. Also it may be worth searching the buildings for anything useful.

E: Schlong where should I put my insanity points on my sheet? I will just make a little Insanity heading at the bottom for now

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Crash Site.

"Awright boys, ahm right itchin to cut up some blokes aftah that" Gumbo gestured back to the wreck, "and all o this" he pointed his chainsword at a singing bird and revved it, causing the bird to flap awkwardly out of the tree in panic.

"Ah'll find us a good spot t' ambush dese fuckers" he said, and trudged off to examine the nearby terrain.

Gumbo will fight the infantry, unequipped as he is to fight the chimaera.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The buildings seem like the obvious place to engage the infantry to me. Put ranged in the buildings and fire from cover at the enemy squad, melee hide somewhere to cover the escape route if they try to run/mop up survivors of the ranged fire

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, the ambush.

Gumbo shields his beard from the flames and laughs as the humans stumble out of their transport, wild eyed. He looks over to Urok

Don' think they wuz espectin' tha...

He trails off as, rather than rolling around in a panic as he expected, the humans launch themselves forwards, gibbering like lunatics and drawing knives from their belts. An uncharacteristically Scrunty tactic from the human soldiers.

"Aw bloody 'ell. Less get to it then."

He raises his chainsword high in the air, revs the chain and screams an ancient Scrunt battlecry before throwing himself at the nearest enemy.

"GO gently caress YOURSELVES!"

------------

Gumbo will be making an all out attack (since we're in a surprise round) at the nearest soldier (5). I'm not sure what modifiers apply to chainswording a flaming man on strong psychoactive drugs but WS is 40, all out attack grants +30, pls roll for me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Schlong do I need to move Gumbo to be close enough to melee 2 or 4? I'm assuming not.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, the ambush.

Gumbo is gratified to find his chainsword and stumbles backwards to avoid being splashed with blood by the soldier's spurting stump. He trips as he does, but is able to turn this motion into a roll with the grace of a Scruntball star. He comes to his feet a little further out of the melee, and brushes himself down. The humans are still gibbering, they don't seem to have noticed their fellows' violent deaths. He tugs at his beard.

"Wuz goin on wiv these lads?" He wonders aloud, before deciding it doesn't really matter. He shrugs and hurtles back into the fight.

------------

Charge against trooper 2. 40 WS + 20 for charge. Trying to get Gumbo to where Urok is so we can double team stuff for huge bonuses.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, somewhere smokey.

"Whut the bloody ell is goin on in dere?!" shouts Gumbo, waving in the general direction of the careening, smoking Chimera. "Groin?! GROIN!? Somebody get in dat car and figure out what de hell is going on in dere!"

Gumbo sees the last human run past, screaming, and make a solid hack at Urok's torso which is also his face. He releases a howl of incoherent Scrunt rage, revs his chainsword and gives chase.

Another charge, this time at Sarge. +20 for charge, +30 for double team.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, somewhere smokey.

Gumbo gives Urok a hosed up thumbs up as the Sergeant collapses, quivering.

"Noice."

All thats left is the Tank. Gumbo hikes up his trousers and takes off at his quickest scrunty waddle-run after the Chimera.

Gumbo will also run for the rear hatch

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, lying on the road.

After finally rolling to a halt, Gumbo takes a few minutes to enjoy the feel of the road against his face. It feels just like his bed in his boyhood home, which was also made of road. There's things to do though, so he hops to his feet, checks his equipment, dusts off his uniform and starts looking for Scrunts to order around.

First he waddles over to the nearest group of civilians, now milling around aimlessly at the side of the road. He grabs a passing Scruntling by the scruff of his arm-neck and hoists him into the air.

"Big meetin in fifteen minutes. Go an tell t'others, one frum each family. By tha tank"

The Scruntling looks puzzled, so Gumbo swings him around to face the Chimera, punctuating his words by shaking the Scruntling aggressively in its direction.

"Tha tank! With tha wheels"

The Scruntling gibbers something that might be understanding, so Gumbo hurls him in the direction of the nearest Scrunt group and then heads over to the Chimera himself. He has a short conversation with an overenthusiastic Scurrilous to ascertain the state of the vehicle, and is satisfied by the results, though slightly disconcerted by the top half of Groin's face peering at him suspiciously from above.

He passes Grumb and his new companion, and instructs him to meet at the Chimera in a few minutes. He tries to make the frightened human feel welcome by patting him on the head, but this just seems to distress the creature more, so he heads over to Dak and Urok to show the medic his light injuries from the earlier tumble. There is a sizzling sound from Urok's direction.

"Got sum scrapes, doc. Whas Urok doin to tha fella?"

I'm calling a general meeting of Scrunts to discuss our next move and instruct the civilians

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Scrunt Assembly.

Gumbo is pleased. The assembly has come together with very unscruntlike efficiency, interrupted only by a characteristically scruntlike unplanned grenade detonation. The most popular option amongst the more capable Scrunts, the A Team as he has started calling them in his hosed up head, is a life of land piracy, which sounds pretty good to him. He addresses the assembled Scrunt civilians

"Alrigh then. Us lot can ride in tha tank an youse lot..."

He looks around as if suddenly surprised at the lack of available transportation. Maybe there's a bus stop nearby?

"It looks ta me like we be needin drivers an we be needin vehicles. As anybody ad a look round ere? Us lot'll find you lot sum more wheels, youse... find yourselfs a sewer an hide until wes get back"

Gumbo voices his agreement and suggests the other civilian scrunts stay behind, although hed like to know if any of them want to volunteer as drivers - if so they would have to come with us so they can drive the looted vehicles back for the others. I remember somebody scouting earlier - maybe scurrilous? think we should head for the nearest farm etc and steal civilian vehicles, then later we can scrunt them up.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Scrunt Compartment.

As the Scruntmeet wraps up Gumbo repeats his request for volunteer drivers, focused this time on the more industrially minded Scruntfolk.

"We be needin good Scrunts for ta driving. If youse know wheelz and you got a leas two arms I wants you in or on the tank"

Satisfied with the Scrunts that present themselves, Gumbo clambers into the Chimera and settles into a seat beside the prisoner. He takes out his chainsword and begins liberally applying wax from his hairdo whilst peering at the human in what he believes to be an authoritative manner.

Gumbo is providing added menace to hopefully improve the intimidation attempts

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo waffles to the front of the Chimera, pushing through the civilian members of the crew, currently engaged in gambling, farting and gambling on farting. He comes to the driver's seat and plants a fat hand on it, leaning in beside Groin to peer at the gate in front of them.

"How we drivin in, Groin? Farwads or backards? Farwads is safer I reckon, backards, we can rush em."

He gestures to the hatch at the back of the vehicle where a small gang of Scrunts has gathered impatiently.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

As the chimera lurches forward, Gumbo hurtles backwards into the passenger compartment, rolling at speed into a small gaggle of gambling Scrunts and scattering their dice and tiny poorly painted models throughout the compartment.

And then the shooting starts. Gumbo heads over to a gun port but the combination of his torso-positioned head and his tiny tiny eyes mean he can't get a good look through. He grabs a nearby Scruntling and throws him to the ground below the port, then clambers onto his head/belly to peer through the port.

There isn't clear what exactly is happening out there, but there seem to be humans shooting at his Scrunt brothers (and one Scrunt sister).

The hatch behind him drops with a clang and a strange yelping sound and without another thought he hurls himself out of it, determined to get closer to the action. As he runs he rummages through the bum bag where he keeps all his precious mementos and explosives to find something to throw at the enemy.

half action move out of the chimera - but probably not too far, would like to keep using the chimera as cover for now - and half action to ready a frag grenade

E: gumbo has a scrunt/autopistol in one hand and a grenade in the other

Phoon fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 23, 2014

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, outside chimera.

With a honk and a mechanical smoke belch the chimera careens away and Gumbo finds himself stood in the open yard, gunfire blazing all around him.

Gumbo clutches his grenade, hikes up his filthy trousers, and dashes toward the nearest cover that is unlikely to drive off without warning.

Full move run toward the main building hopefully into cover beside one of the windows.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, hiding by a wall.

Gumbo slides/skids/faceplants into cover at the building wall, then peeks inside. He sees two groups of soldiers firing wildly, but his tiny eyes fixate on a slightly blurry figure - some sort of beautiful alien maiden.

He stares for a few moments at the fuzzy but enchanting siren, but his reverie is broken by a strange combination of yelp, grunt and howl of rage.

"Urok?"

It is indeed his friend, valiantly struggling against a gang of hosed up human freaks.

"Hole on lad!" he shouts, "Ahm comin for ya!"

Without looking down he revs his chainsword - and in doing so discovers he is actually still holding a grenade. His squat little fingers catch on something and there is a tinkling sound that you wouldn't think he would hear in a firefight. Perhaps living for years with tiny eyes has made his other senses more acute.

He throws the grenade as best he can and then slams his fat hands over his ears.

Half action aim (if possible with a grenade), half action to throw a frag grenade at the dudes attacking Urok. If aiming isn't possible with a grenade (I don't have my book with me), use the spare action to ready chainsword.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, hiding by a wall.

Gumbo squints at the melee, the haze from his grenade combining with his tiny eyes to obscure the action completely.

"Urok? Are ye still there?" he shouts. "Urok?"

Off to his left something bursts from the building and hurtles towards the chimera. Gumbo tracks the motion, then looks back at the melee. His head snaps back and forth, torn between two things that need hitting, when he hears a grunt from the haze. He knows that grunt. He raises his chainsword and throws himself at the nearest silhouette, screaming his battle cry.

"GO gently caress YARSELVES!"

Charge at the hybrid, WS 45 + 20, STR 34, Chainsword (1d10 + 2 + SB, pen2, Tearing, Balanced)

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, covered in entrails.

Gumbo laughs uncontrollably as his chainsword glides through the hybrid, spraying ichor just about everywhere. He takes stock of the action around him, watches Urok throw himself at the remaining farmhand. Across the hall a lone soldier raises his rocket launcher, and is struck by gunfire from... somewhere.

Out in the yard there is further commotion, it appears the fuzzy and presumably beautiful alien maiden appears to be attempting to mate with the tank. Gumbo suppresses a pang of irrational envy for the transport, assisted by his near certainty that the vehicle does not have genitals. He supposes, against his romantic instincts, that they will have to kill the alien.

"Tis a shame for sure." he clicks his tongue, looks around again and revs his chainsword.

Don't think I can reach the stealer with a charge so I'll run towards it AB:3.

Unless:

the farmhand survives Urok, in which case all out attack on the farmhand. WS 45, Chainsword (1d10 + 2 + SB, pen2, Tearing, Balanced)
the rocketman survives Kreb, in which case charge the rocketman

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, big building.

Gumbo catches a cigar from Urok and takes a few celebratory puffs, waiting for the effects of whatever corrosive substance a Scrunt has instead of adrenaline to wane. He watches Urok take a corpse apart, which has an additional soothing effect, takes another puff, shrugs, and waddles away to check on the rest of the squad.

Some of the squad are about the Chimera, others clustered around the corpse of - something ugly. The civilian Scrunts they brought with them must have wandered into the compound at some point, and are now milling about in the yard. Gumbo heads over and starts trying to wrangle them into some sort of order.

"We gots to search this place lads, could be anythin in these buillins. Go an take a look see. An if anythin is movin then ya just yell fer one of us." He indicates the other squad members, although he can no longer see Urok. He must have stumbled off somewhere.

One of the smaller Scrunts, barely past Scruntling, pipes up in a high pitched yelping voice.

"Mister Gumbo sir. The lady-"

"The Doc?"

"Yeah." He shuffles uncomfortably. "She wants someun to help wif the alien"

Gumbo nods. That makes sense. Murdelia's always cutting things up.

"Then someun help her wif the alien". He points at three civilians with the stub of his cigar, then tosses it aside and turns back to the Scrunt mass. "the rest of ya, turn this place over." He starts to walk away, towards the rest of the squad, then pauses, and pivots back, peering at the young vocal Scrunt. "Whas yer name boy?" he asks.

The Scrunt looks about nervously "Pirk, sir."

"Come wif me Pirk. I need someun, to help me out wif things. I can teach ya thins, teach ya fightin. Stick wif me lad, an yul go far."

He turns and strolls over to Grimply, Murdelia and Grumb, confident the young Scrunt will follow.

Command, 43 Fellowship, +10 Command, +10 to other Scrunts to harangue the Scrunts into order, including some to help Murdelia get the alien inside the building. Also now in a position to join in with the radio conversation. This young Scrunt will be Gumbo's new comrade, Pirk.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, in the yard.

"Awrigh boys, settle down eh." says Gumbo. He knows that Scrunts, especially young ones, have a tendency towards excitement and a tendency away from knowing what the gently caress they are excited about. Most likely these have found something shiny, or a pile of garbage with a pleasing stench.

But then shiny things can be good. His chainsword is shiny, or it was before it got covered in hybrid goop. And no Scrunt should pass up a good garbage pile - he'd be turning his back on his roots. He rubs his filthy little hands

"Show me wat yav foun' boys"

He follows them towards the sheds, but pauses on the way to hand his chainsword to Pirk.

"Giv this a cleanin boy. Nice n shiny, right?"

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, barnstormer.

"Whas this?" Says Gumbo, as a mob of unfamiliar Scrunts flows around him. On instinct, he grabs at one by the neck, then, on a much deeper instinct, wheels the unfortunate around and uses him to shield himself from a torrent of vomit.

"Kreb!" he yells, and his voice breaks unexpectedly, "ya nearly ruined me uniform!" He lovingly pats his poorly sewn imperial guard uniform, encrusted with blood and flecked with bits of bone, then remembers what he is holding. "Who are ya?" He screams at the Scrunt in his hand, who then gibbers uncontrollably and also starts vomiting.

Gumbo hurls him outside, as best his stubby little arms will allow, and the mystery Scrunt rolls out the barn door spraying scrunt puke over everyone around him.

Gumbo follows, Scrunts both familiar and unfamiliar, now stream in all directions, but many cluster around what Gumbo hopes is not an impromptu Scrunt orgy. "Ids not tha time for tha!" he shouts in dismay and possibly arousal. "Get yerselves inside! Humans a comin!"

"Has anyun moved th alien? We gots to get it ou there" he points out away from the farm in a random direction, then feels a tugging on his sleeve.

A familiarly scrunched up little face peers up at him, holding an unfamiliar chainsword.

"Pirk! I tole ya to clean it! Not ta..." He peers at it closer and reaches out a grubby little hand to grasp the handle. "What did ya do to it? Ids...ids beautiful..." He revs the chains and takes a few experimental swings, and Pirk dives for safety.

Pls use Gumbos command for any tests involving getting the Scrunts indoors and some moving the genestealer outside the farm for pick up (with whatever bonuses apply from everyone else also yelling at them in their posts). Also claiming the chainsword, will probably go find Scurrilous shortly to ask him to affix the tox injector from the old one.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, very suspicious.

Gumbo watches the newcomer with suspicion, his tiny eyes narrowed into tiny slits. He doesn't trust this strange scrunt with his obvious education and entirely plausible stories of Scrunty heroism. Then he notices what Yurik is doing, forgets what he was thinkg and waddles over excitedly. "Maps!" He exclaims "I luv maps". He stamps about on them for a few seconds, pretending to be a giant, then crouches down and traces the route the fuel convoy will be rolling along with a stubby finger, whistling at the impressive detail. "Good maps" he says, scratching at his beard and discovering a small piece of viscera, which he tosses aside. "Us lot crashed some'ere ova..." he picks a crossroads at random and prods at it confidently "ere". He pauses, stares into the middle distance for a while, then snaps his head to stare at Yurik. "Bollocks!" he exclaims. "Da Uvvers. We forgot em. Bollocks." without explanation, he waddles out of the chapel and yells across the yard at Pirk, currently trying to explain to some larger Scrunts that he does not have any cash, and that if he did it wouldn't be of use, since there is nothing to buy, and furthermore, how did any of them even know what cash was.

"PIRK! Ge us one uv them cars. A shiny one! We goin back to da crash! I jus got one thin to do first!"

He heads toward the barn with all the swearing and clanging, or the one with the most at least, but bumps into Grumb on the way.

"Awrigh mate." He says, patting his friend on the shoulder, which is easy, since Grumb is almost 50% shoulder. "Ahm off fer a bit. Can ya keep an eye on tha odd feller while ahm gone? Ees in dere" he motions to the chapel. "I dun trust him. Ee knows a lot of stuff." He says, confident that any other Scrunt would be as suspicious of such a trait as he is.

Inside the barn, he approaches Scurrilous - currently busy affixing things to other, bigger, things - with a chainsword in each hand.

"Ere, Scurr, m'headin back to fetch dose uvvers" he says, and Scurrilous stares blankly in response "from tha crash - we left em - ah whutever. Can ya help me out wif summin? I needs dis-" he points at the tox injector on his battered old chainsword "da goop squirtin thin'- on dis" he says, and reverentially places his shiny new chainsword on a nearby crate. Scurrilous puts down what Gumbo assumes is a tool and scampers over to investigate it for a few seconds, before returning to his work. "When ya get rawn to it mate." He says, and quietly shuffles away.

Pirk meets him outside with a sheepish expression and a fresh bruise on his chin, and Gumbo sighs and rolls his eyes. He throws a door to the storage shed open and punches the first mechaniscrunt he sees as payback. He spots Groin lying face down surrounded by loose iso leaves. "Oi! Groin! We takin one of dese cars. Get dese useless idiots inner sum sore of order", he finds himself slightly aroused by the last word, and shoves another mechaniscrunt, who falls face first into a barrel. "Jus do summin. Fix tha gate, work on tha cars... See if Scurr needs anythin. You lot," he gestures to the lazy Scrunts "do whateva Groin tells ya, ees in charge of ya." He then waddles over to the hydroponic iso and grabs a small handful. "An ahm havin sum o this".

Sitting in the back of the car as it trundles out of the farm he carefully slices up a cigar, and stuffs it full of iso. He takes a long drag there'll be no trouble - without his chainswords all he has is pistols, and even then... He takes out his laspistol, hitherto unused and therefore the only part of his gear not covered in a thin crust and peers down at it. "May as well av a go" he mutters, removes the plastic wrapping with his teeth and starts pushing at protruding parts at random, huffing on the blunt. In the front seat, Pirk gibbers nervously and tries to make himself as small a target as possible.

Gumbo is off to fetch the other scrunts and also learning how laspistols work. Not sure if Scurrilous is too busy to swap the injector since he put out all the actions already, maybe a technoscrunt can do the work. I'm not sure if I can actually command the mechaniscrunts to follow someone elses commands, but maybe it will give a boost to command tests moola makes? Fellowship 43 Command +10 anyway

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, standing on an upturned bucket.

"Pirk!" Gumbo scrunts (between a scream and a grunt) at the aforementioned Pirk. The unfortunate young man scrabbles from sleep to a salute like a sack of potatoes falling upward and, when the wobbling stops he yelps "Sah!"

"Ver gud salutin Pirk" he says, and squats down awkwardly to pat his young ward on the head from his bucket perch. "Ver gud." He chews thoughtfully. "Wer are we on t'mobilisin, private?"

"Sir... I was jus sleepin sir, you were the one who saw." Gumbo shakes his head, downcast.

"I wuz asleep too. I slep on this bucket. I think is time to fight somethin. Ambush!" he shouts as he remembers and his tiny scrunty eyes light up with excitement. "THE TANK" he scrunts at nearby Scrunts, "Everybody to the tank!" he pauses and tugs on his beard as a new memory presents itself "an the limos! the clean vehicles! Mos of yuz go to tha limos." He tugs on his ear. "Werrs my sword, boy! Fine chainsey"

"Ern... " Pirk holds up an object wrapped in cloth and Gumbo whips the new chainsword free, and - as a bonus - soils the cloth in the mud in a pleasing fashion. He jabs the weapon about for a little while, laughing. "Less go find tha tank an get rollin". Gumbo looks about, its getting dusty now the vehicles are moving about everywhere.

"I think the tank is leaving, sir." says Pirk, pointing off into the dust. Something lumbers by about six feet from Gumbo's face. This surprises him but he imagines he just hadn't looked in that direction recently. He scrabbles from the bucket and onto the side of the moving Chimera with surprising dignity, then reaches down a hand to yoink Pirk up beside him. He then clambers up and into the open turret, climbing in face/beard first.

Everyone is getting in cars and leaving

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, up high.

On the top of the bunker, Gumbo rotates slowly. He knows that the key to a successful ambush is control: control the environment, control the enemy and control your bladder. The spot is good, but not ideal: good cover, but too many exits and entrances. Ideally there would be two fewer. The crags are set to collapse, as planned, but there ought to be rock to spare, and there are trees all over the area. He hops down onto the road and flags a passing Scrunt - one of those that had hitched a ride in the limo.

"Lissen here boy, get sum othas together and see what ye can do about blockin these roads - anythin you can find that migh slow down a vee-hickul." He jabs a finger at the road to the south "Tha one firs" he says. He releases the unfortunate Scrunt, who stumbles away, and hopes he will remember his instructions.

Now he just needs something to do himself. He knows Yurik is preparing a trap for the riders, but someone will need to deal with the aftermath and move in on the fuel truck. Up close and personal - he runs his thumb along his new chainsword and licks his lips. He should find someone else to help, someone who hits hard.

He finds Urok stood in the centre of the crossroads clutching a grenade and grinning. A good idea. Gumbo hooks his chainsword to his belt and runs his fat fingers lovingly along his remaining grenades, he hooks an incendiary with his finger and then tosses it up and down a few times. He chuckles.

"Awrigh then Urok, Me an you can-."

"And me sir!" Pipes Pirk, who has appeared from somewhere, some sort of trash pile by the looks of him. Gumbo cuffs him about the ear in a brotherly manner and then again in a sergeantly manner (much harder). Having lost his train of thought he shrugs, grabs Urok and Pirk by the arms and goes to look for a spot for them to hide.

First: A tactics check just to see if there's any way to predict the enemy actions in this area etc - is the truck likely to press on ahead when the rocks fall, or stop and try to figure out whats happening etc: INT 36, trained in tactics

Gumbo has a grenade readied in his right hand and his laspistol in his left, since the chainsword can be readied as a free action. He is finding somewhere for Urok and himself to hide which will provide cover from fire but will also be quick to exit so that they can rush the enemy. I'm not sure if this would be the bunker or the treeline, I think it depends on the design of the bunker?

Also a command test to wrangle scrunts to try to block off the entrances using whatever is available, rocks, trees etc: first the south, then the north, time, materials etc permitting. I'm honestly not expecting any success here since it seems like we are v low on time. FEL 43, +10 Command. If there's not enough civvie scrunts to do this and help Yurik then Yurik's trap takes priority.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, the roadside.

Gumbo grins as a series of humans tumble to the ground. He stands up out of cover for a moment to give the attack order.

"Awright ya bastards! Get on em!" he yells, in what he hopes is an inspiring manner.

The fuel truck rolls to a stop fairly close, and he makes to throw his grenade before pausing. Something isn't quite right here.

Beside him, Pirk fires wildly in the direction of the bikers, Gumbo takes a precious few seconds to think.

He looks at the grenade clutched in his chubby fingers, a small flame stencilled on the side, and then at the fuel truck, adorned with yellow signs with a similar icon, then back at the grenade. Maybe this is not such a good idea. Sighing theatrically, he hooks the grenade back onto his belt and rips off his remaining frag, losing the pin in the process. He slings it toward the nearest riders and crouches back into cover.

There is a bang.

Unhooking his chainsword, he revs once and then nods at Urok, a smile on his face. Time for a fight.

Half action to switch grenades, half action to throw at the nearest standing or mounted biker (just whoever is active in the fight), free action to ready chainsword. Also a get them order as a free action.

I'm assuming a half action to switch grenades but if you don't think this is necessary i would have taken an aim action instead. Also I'm not sure if comrade bonus applies to throwing grenades but Pirk is providing covering fire if so.

Throw: 34 BS (is it bs to throw a grenade?? I'm at work without book)

Get Them: +0 Command test. Fellowship 43, +10 Command, Air of Authority

Phoon fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 9, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, the roadside.

Gumbo grunts in frustration. That grenade was less impressive than he had hoped, though it was quite funny when it landed on that man.

The humans had shouted something that was niggling at him. He cocks his head to the side "Saturation pattern" it was, and it does sound familiar, and doesn't sound positive.

His thoughts are interrupted as Urok hops up beside him and launches toward the smoke. Gumbo raises his chainsword and dashes out beside him, glancing back once to check Pirk is following.

"GET THE FUCKERS" he yells

Scholastic Lore: Tactics check as a free action to attempt to understand "saturation pattern": INT 36

Charge at the nearest biker not engaged by Urok with a close quarters order for Pirk: WS 45+20+5(chainsword)+10(ganging up bonus from Pirk, I'm guessing this isn't affected by double team but if it is another +10)-10 = 70

Another Get Them Order as a free action: +0 Command test. FEL 43+10 Command, Air of Authority

Also Gumbo has Parry+10 for the inevitable attack next turn and also counterattack if successful

Phoon fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 14, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, in the middle of the road? drat this smoke. Cough.

Gumbo stumbles aggressively into combat, swinging hard at the first human who appears out of the smoke and taking his leg off at the knee. "Useless uman buggers" he mutters, unimpressed, as the unlucky man collapses, clutching at his leg stump with his crippled arm which is in turn clutched by his functional arm.

"YOU SEE THA!" he yells, "NUTHIN TO EM." He hopes the other Scrunts will be inspired by his confident attitude and general rowdiness.

As the Bikers line up ahead, Gumbo knows the enemy vehicles will be here soon, and he ought to think about disengaging, but he doesn't think about it very hard because he is a Scrunt. He glances at Pirk, and Urok swinging wildily at some hopeless trooper.

"Wiv me, Pirk."

He advances on the nearest human, chainsword raised.

A Feint against closest enemy, followed by a Standard Attack, with a Close Quarters assist from Pirk. WS 45 + 20 (DBL TEAM/PIRK) +10 (STD ATK) +5 (CHAINSWORD) -10 (SMOKE) = 70 (Not sure what bonuses Feint tests get, if any.

Another Get Them! Order FEL 43 + 10 (SKILL) = 53

+10 Parry and Counterattack for the biker attacks

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, big smoke

"Ah gently caress!" shouts Gumbo, clutching at his leg, immediately grateful for his (now battered) armour. There are too many of these humans here, and more are coming. Outnumbered and wounded, it's definitely time to disengage.

The humans though, they're mostly still standing.

He thumbs the tox injector on his chainsword and a pleasant stench fills the air as a delicious looking liquid leaks onto the teeth. Intrigued, Pirk reaches out to touch it.

Gumbo laughs and revs his weapon, he grabs Pirk's retreating wrist, bringing the whirring teeth of the chainsword an inch from his face.

JAB THE SYRINGE IN ME LEG BOY he screams, and Pirks nimble fingers navigate the injector from his belt to his arm.

"AV THIS YOU FUCKERS" he screams repetitively. He catches the spent syringe and tosses it at the nearest human, then lunges forward as his vision grows hazy. Before the syringe strikes him in the forehead the human trooper reads the words

EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG

Tox injector! Experimental Combat Drug! Pirk is helping!

Another Feint + Standard Attack on the nearest human, although if it's possible to attack the guy that just shot Gumbo he would probably do that.

Another Get Them! Order FEL 43 + 10 (SKILL) = 53
and a Close Quarters Order for Pirk

45 (WS) +5 (Chainsword) +10 (Std) +20 (Pirk) - 10 (Smoke) + ???????

+10 Parry and Counterattack for biker attacks

Phoon fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 27, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, Gahsiakaudhz

Gumbo cuts down another trooper, and stomps his shiny, heavy new feet on the fallen man's chest. Whilst this sadistic impulse is unfamiliar to Gumbo, who considers himself a professional, his head buzzes with a clear purpose: Revenge. Revenge on the humans who had struck him before. They try to strike again, but cannot pierce his iron skin. He laughs, or tries to, and starts coughing - something prods at him and he peers out, his tiny eyes peeping out from behind his iron cheeks.

"Tjsisiqlaixnwisiskajajskaa!" says Pirk, who looks frightened and seems very far away.

"WHAT?!" he shouts and Pirk recoils further. "WHAT AR YA SAYIN BOY?? SPEAK REGULARLIKE!!"

"AKAOASODNDBDHSHSSKAKAK!" screams Pirk, as he scrambles backwards. Gumbo rolls his eyes and turns back to the humans, there's no time for the boy's nonsense right now.

He points at the nearest human and screamss "YOU SEE THIS HUMANS?! I'M THE IRON SCRUNT!" The humans seem almost suicidally alarmed at this and Gumbo is pleased. This over the top grandiosity centres the Scrunt somewhat.
He decides to focus, to ignore the now angry buzzing and to try to clear his lungs. Then he will indulge the buzzing.

I assume no orders since Gumbo can no longer speak proper but imo hes still very inspiring.

Attempt to clear lungs: TGH 32. If successful and gumbo gets an extra halfy it just means he has a little more time to compose himself pls consider it a halfy aim before the attack. If not its not too important this turn but he may need to run soon :ohdear:

Standard attack the trooper engaged with Urok for +30 Dbl Team bonus.

45 (WS) +5 (Chainsword) +10 (Std) +30 (Dbl Team) - 10 (Smoke) = 80

+10 Parry and Counterattack for biker attacks

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, likely artillery target

Gumbo feels great satisfaction as the last human interloper collapses - that will teach them! For what, he isn't sure, and what is an interloper anyway? He shakes his iron encrusted head/body and the buzzing in his head recedes a little.

He looks about for a new enemy, but its hard to see through the holes in his new exoscruntington and its still pretty smokey around. It doesn't seem like anything is moving nearby except for Urok and Pirk, who are engaged in jumping up and down on a mortally wounded human trooper.

Gumbo thinks hard. If the enemy have been eliminated, then surely he ought to be securing the objective. But what was the objective? He remembers something large hurtling by and a series of loud crashes. Truck!

He knows roughly where it is, and another brainwave strikes him as he remembers the humans speeding in on their bikes. He waddles over to the nearest and hits the starter.

It doesn't start and the buzz returns, angrier than ever. Useless! Modern technology never works when you need it, and he can never figure out how to set the clock. He will have to stomp over there himself, if he can catch his breath. He tries again to clear his throat.

I assume the bikes aren't working what with them being in the middle of the electrical disruption (if they are somehow working I want one!!) so Gumbo will make the longest move possible (length depending on the outcome of the toughness roll) towards the truck, ending in cover if possible.

AGI bonus is 3
TGH 32

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, truck doorway

Gumbo reels very slightly as he is struck by the driver - it is very difficult to reel when covered in thick iron skin. Behind him he hears what he thinks is Pirk, but the boy is still screaming nonsense, so he pays little attention.

The buzz in his head intensifies again, now accompanied with a building homicidal rage that is part familiar and scrunty (the homicidal part) and part unknowable and alien - Gumbo usually keeps a tight control on his emotions, for a Scrunt at least.

The buzz calls for vengeance, it seems angry that this human has dared to pierce his armour. Gumbo awkwardly thumbs the tox injector on his chainsword and hurdles forward, a cannonball of indignation, swerving at the last moment and whipping up his chainsword, the whirring teeth spitting corrosive goop in every direction.

Tox injector activated again (that's two uses this combat, I think??), feint and attack on the driver.

WS45 + 5 + 10 = 60, willing to spend fate to make this attack because I want this guy dead this turn

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, fuel truck of mystery

"Pirk!" shouts Gumbo, as he awkwardly drags the human corpse out of the trucks cab "Pirk ya idiot!! Come help me wi this!!"

Pirk remains at what he hopes is a safe distance from his incomprehensible and unrecognisable mentor. He is, at least, a little more confident that Gumbo is still Gumbo after seeing him dismember yet another unfortunate human and a little less concerned that the scrunt will turn on him. This assurance begins to fade as the iron shelled scrunt stomps in his direction, screaming incoherently.

Pirk retreats too late, and finds his wrist clenched in an unbreakable iron fist. He starts to gibber wildly at Gumbo, who resolves to just ignore this nonsense.

"Ahshswjssjawjasbsnakaj!" he squeaks, as Gumbo slings him into the cab of the truck. He collides with the door on the far side and has to peel himself from the window.

"Time ta leave, lad" says Gumbo as he clambers into the truck. He depositions himself in the driver's seat, slightly crushing Pirk as he does so. The windows don't seem to be working so he kicks one out with an iron boot and leans out of it.

"Come on lads!" he shouts to the confused, disassembled Scrunt strike team. "Back ta tha farm!!"

When this has little effect, he decides to start the truck and honk the horn. He turns to the controls and tries to decipher them. There is a button that looks like a starter, so he prods at it with an iron finger, but nothing happens.

"Hmm" he muses "Migh' be tougher 'n I though'.

Gumbo has retrieved Pirk and is trying to start the truck in the cab.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

"-RGE! SARGE! SARGE!" screams Pirk, grabbing for the wheel which is no longer clutched in Gumbo's iron hands - in fact, where are his iron hands? What has happened? A wave of exhaustion strikes Gumbo, and he feels woozy. On his seat and across the floor of the truck are chunks of iron - things slowly start to make sense.

"I was the iron scrunt" he mumbles.

"SARGE! SARGE!" continues Pirk, so Gumbo slaps him about the face, then takes the wheel.

"Is tha all yav bin shoutin this ole time?"

"You was actin all weird an I didn know what to do Sarge." Pirk still looks worried, so Gumbo decides to change the subject.

"Yurk? Whers Yurk? E was wiv us" he asks, ripping a loose sheet of paper from the windscreen in front of him and stuffing it into a compartment in the door.

"He jumped out! Out that window!" squeeks Pirk, as another sheet is ripped out of the cab by the wind. Gumbo tries to poke his head out the window with little success. Another sheet of paper gets stuck on Gumbo, and he reads CONFIDENTIAL before he snatches it and hands it to Pirk.

"Th paper? Hmm, he's righ'. Could be summin useful, more targets. Gather up them papers Pirk, wer goin back to tha farm wiv the objective. Hope th others keep up"

Driving back to the farm, Gumbo has navigate. Still need to reduce his stats will do so before next post

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The truck swerves alarming from side to side as Yurik grabs at the wheel.

"Yurk? Wherev ya? Ah nevah mind, Get off me y'idjit, or ah'll throw ya back out ta window!"

The truck hurtles over a bump and everyone in the cab strikes the ceiling, except for Pirk, who strikes the underside of the wheel. Gumbo kicks him away from the pedals.

"We needs to slow down - don't even know where wes goin! gently caress ahm tired" he rubs at his tiny eyes "Less jus - stop th' truck, ah need to think"

As the truck slowly rumbles to a stop, he peers backwards out of the broken window, a manoeuvre that requires gripping the edges of the window and wrenching most of his body outside. The road behind them is scuffed and oily, plants and grass are crushed and the truck is leaking smoke. A small, rabbit like creature is splattered across the road. Behind them the convoy is starting to catch up.

"Wes leavin too much of a trail, Yurk. We needs to find som'ere we can drive wivout all tha mess. Ya remember the map, righ??"

Yurik seems uncertain, so Gumbo shakes him. He throws up into the footwell and Pirk squeaks and scrambles away from the steaming scrunt sludge. Gumbo shakes Yurik again.

"We needs ta find anovver road Yurk! A new road! An we needs to get ther wivout makin a mess."

Gumbo tries to remember the map and beside him Yurik scruntches up his face in what Gumbo hopes is an attempt to help. They'll have to be careful, at least when they're leaving the road, and they'll want the tanks to miss the turning.

"We needs to make em think we went anovva way, Yurk. Make a big mess further on an then hide where we gone. Maybe we oughta find som'un who can drive this better n me"

He hops out of the cab to go explain his plan to the rest of the Scrunts and hopes Yurik can remember the map well enough to find a good route.

Gumbo's plan is to leave this road and find a less obvious route to the farm. As well as this he wants to make a false trail along the main road, at least until the next side road, then try to hide the route they have taken. This will hopefully combine with the other plans, (graffiti on the false turn etc) etc.
He has navigate surface and knowledge tactics which I'm hoping will make the false trail easier. He is very tired.

Potentially fellowship to convince the limo scrunts to help with the false trail/hiding the real road?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge

Tunnel time

"Groin?! Groin where're ya goin lad? Ge back ere we needs to be AYURRGH - WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING??"

Gumbo prods at the bloated corpse (he thinks it's a corpse, it certainly isn't moving) before him with his chainsword, and recoils as it oozes aggressively in response. He wipes his chainsword on a newly arrived scrunt, one of the limo crew he thinks - he ought to get these combat support scrunts some kind of uniform, maybe have a go at training them in some things. The thought excites him, but he is interrupted.

"Whut shud we du wif dis Sarge?" splutters the limo scrunt. "Shud we et et?"

"Et et? Doan eat it ya idjut! Yal get sick! Sides, migh be an importan scientify sample. Av you lot got a tarp or summin in tha limo?"

Back to the farm

Gumbo wakes screaming incoherently from a short nap as the tanker rolls into the farm. Yurik glances nervously at him from the driving seat.

"Nice drivin Yurk" he says, hoping the old scrunt didn't overhear anything incriminating.

As he hops down from the cab stabbing pains shoot up his legs and he suddenly remembers that he got shot a lot during the ambush. Once in the face even. He ought to get that seen to, but first he has some business to attend to.

"Pirk! We needs ta organise a defens- sum patrols an tha like. Those humans are still ou there, an they probably right pissed wiv us. Roun me up sum likely lookin lads - an see if theres anythin that migh make a gud uniform for em.
Don av to be fancy like, jus needs ta all look tha same.
He salutes, for good measure.

As Pirk scurries away Gumbo struggles to remember the events of the last few hours, then calls after him. "An if them limo lot brot that thin back wiv em an dint eat it, hav em bring it over to the doc so she can giv it a look"

He leaves the tanker and goes looking for Murdelia, and is pleased to find Grumb with her already. He hops up onto a table and removes his boots.

"Alrigh' doc. Ahv been shot a couple times, ain too bad - ahm still feelin a little woozers from tha in-jec-shun tho. Them drugs needs investigatin, wasn no sense to wha happened wiv em. Made me all metal, like one of em fancy staturs Was summin else too - a buzzin, like..."

He trails off, then remembers something else. His memory is all over the place lately.

"Asked them limo boys ta brin you tha oozy thin from the tunnel too, Doc. Dunno how tha went, they maybe ate it."

He turns to the side.

"Ere, Grumb, I think we oughta check ou the truck sum - somethin feels off abou the ambush, too many soljers. An I hear we got a new lad in - shud see if we can fine im, check im over"

Ok Gumbo has ordered the limo scrunts to bring the bloated thing with them and deliver it to Murdelia, but is fatigued so not expecting great success there.

He has also asked Pirk to find some Scrunts who might be open to forming a militia of sorts to patrol and protect the farm.

He then goes to Murdelia to hopefully get patched up and suggests she investigate the drugs, which he doesn't know she has taken as well.

Next up will be investigating the tanker and potentially greeting Andrluk with Grumb.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, extended care

Gumbo wakes in a hospital bed, or what passes for a hospital bed at the farm (a crate with a tarp on it). He sits up, groggy. He vaguely remembers taking a nap in the shade, he definitely remembers getting shot. A lot. One time in the face even. He touches his cheek and finds a small new scar, Scrunts scar easily and quickly, and many are more scar than skin. He looks around and finds Pirk sitting nearby, reading a colourful book about a sheep upside-down.

"Ah, Pirk. Feels like ah bin sleepin fur weeks. Them syrin-gees really does a number on ye" he grunts.

Pirk discards the book and scrabbles over, concerned.

"Sarge? We found ya in a ditch but us wouldn wake up. Doc said ta bring ya here. We wuz worried tha-"

Gumbo is touched. He sits up and slaps Pirks hand away from his foot.

"Stop touchin me boy. Wheres the troops? The new lads? An wha appened wi the truck?"

Gumbo fidgets as Pirk fills him in on what's been happening at the farm.

"Still playin ball?! We needs em patrollin, on watch! Them humans cud show up at any time!" he shouts at Pirk, who recoils and cowers as standard. Gumbo worries he has been snapping at the boy too much lately.

"Ahh at leas they gettin sum exercisin" he muses. "Sports is good fer the soul. Did ah ever tells us about the scrunt-bowl? I was jus a lad about yer age an - wait did ya say a NUKE? gently caress."

Gumbo starts to swing himself from the crate but feels a stabbing pain in his legs and thinks better of it. He grabs at Pirks shirt.

"Go fine Yurk, lad, an tha tech too - we need containmen! We cud all ge sick - or them humans cud trace it! They hav tanks Pirk! TANKS!"

Apologies for delays - no action in this post except attempting heal Gumbo's many wounds. I will make the necessary med roll when I get home later and edit it in here. Pork has been sent to find people they can come visit Gumbo if they want.

I want to get the militia patrolling asap in case the humans can also detect the radiation surge and use it to find us.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, extended care

"Ahve been sat on this ere crate fur hours now an I ain feelin any better! I wunder wot the lads are doin righ now. Prolly scrappin an tearin up the place! Them lads need discipline! An ah cahn' help em from this ere crate."

A passing Scrunt, tired of his complaining, jabs him with what passes for Scrunt anaesthetic and Gumbo drifts off into a dream of gunlines and combat drills.

Gumbo is on less than half health (5/14). For the first healing roll I rolled 100 vs 72 (I think, doesn't really matter) so Gumbo is going into extended care. If you're planning to run multiple days in the next update for Mung's upgrades and by some miracle Gumbo heals up during those days he would like to train the recruits in formations and effective patrolling using his knowledge of tactics.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, personal crisis

Gumbo stares at the syringe in his hand. It calls to him, a whisper, or the grinding of iron against iron. He removes the protective sheath from the needle, but his hand is stayed - combat, this is for combat, it says right there, he thinks, he's never been a big reader. Still, words on gear, that's practically an order. He returns the syringe to his belt and lights a cigar instead. Pirk coughs.

Grimply strolls over in his most nonchalant manner, the first sign that something is wrong. After he leaves, Gumbo takes a few minutes to consider, then turns to his assistant.

"Was 'opin wed avoi this. Ah well. Pirk, tell th others whats comin. Ahll find th boys an get em ready."

He waddles casually through the farm, picking up the odd fighter on the way, and eventually finds his way to the dorms, where Grumb seems to have found the rest. He's pleased to see someone sensible* has had the same thought as himself and decides to reward the scrunt for his forethought the only way he knows how.

"Evenin Corpral! Yev foun tha lads! Now we jus oughta figure out where to put em."

*Gumbo was unconscious for the sentinel rampage.

Gumbo will use his knowledge of tactics to (hopefully) predict the likely entry points of the severans, and then his command ability to get the militia scrunts hiding in an advantageous position with him and Grumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, in the dark

At the barricade, Gumbo waits patiently, silently. The militia around him wait less professionally, squawking, farting and occasionally brawling amongst themselves. Gumbo doesn't mind, they are eager to fight. He clutches his laspistol, untested in combat.

A battered valkyrie comes hurtling into view and Gumbo has a momentary vision of command, tearing through the skies dropping angry Scrunts upon his enemies.

Seconds later the explosion lights up the camp and Gumbo wonders if he ought to have moved the civilian Scrunts away from the wall - or into any kind of defensible position at all.

But it's too late for that now, men have appeared, presumably from the Valk. Three of them stand in full view, looking slightly confused. Nice guns, thinks Gumbo.

He nudges the militia about him, indicating the drop troopers, steps up the barricade to a firing position and - as carefully as he can manage - points his laspistol at the nearest droptrooper.

"GO gently caress YERSELVES!!" he screams. "KILL EM ALL BOYS"

Gumbo suggests the nearby militia scrunts concentrate fire on team two since thats the only enemy they can see clearly, then he makes a Get them! order (43 FEL +10 COM = 53). I also want to order Pirk to Ranged Volley with Gumbo for the +5 bonus but I'm not sure if its possible to make both orders in the same turn?
He then takes a half action aim and fires his laspistol at the bolter guy in team two. (30 BS + 10 Aim + 10 Std Atk = 50 - 55 if Pirk is helping)

Phoon fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 14, 2015

• Locked thread