Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby
Cargo Bay

Worried for the safety of his fellow Scrunts, Dak goes to check on the Scruntweiser barrels. After, he'll see what the shrieking and squirming bodies are about.

Relevant skills are Perception 43 and Medicae 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Scrunthold

Dak makes a dash for Groin, a scrunt Dak seems to remember as having fancy tool limbs. Groin is making a beckoning motion with his hand.

"GROIN! Ye gotta help me save the--" Dak is distracted by the brawl which has erupted around Groin. Dak looks around for Scurrilous, but doesn't see him. He notices fire, though.

Dak yells into the melee, "No time fer fightin, fellas! WE GOTTA SAVE THE BREW!" Dak flails his arm to indicate the direction of his patient.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, 'Round the Booze

Gumbo,Groin, and (to a much lesser extent) Prakk, follow Dak to the keg. Gumbo manages to establish a perimeter around the patient, the the miscellaneous scrunts seem to listen and keep their distance, though they aren't quite sure why. After briefly assessing the situation, Groin completely disregards Dak's advice and scruntily pops the spigot back in place with his hosed up tiny robot arm. Dak presses his ear to the keg to listen.

Silence falls over the crowd, except for scrunty coughs, heavy breathing, scratching, grunting, and gas expulsion.

Dak shakes his head, "We just wasn't fast nuff... dis keg's flatter 'an my nose." Prakk comforts Dak by telling him it's all the 'umies' fault.

The silence is suddenly interrupted by an empty scrunt-stein being whipped at the head of another scrunt in the crowd. Another brawl erupts. Dak decides to mourn this loss the only way a scrunt knows how, headbutting some strangers.

I didn't want to tie up too much of the party with this, so I figured this would give this situation a scrunty ending and give Dak something to do until I post again tomorrow. I recommend this as another theme song for the thread.

ThNextGreenLantern fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 9, 2014

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Scruntsite Massascrunt

Dak sits up, rubbing his eyes. Being a scrunt, the act of rubbing his eyes only made them dirtier. Once he's had a look around, he stands and rubs his eyes once more. Even though Dak had been skeptical about reaching the fabled SLAM SECTOR, he'd at least expected a better planet than THIS. Why, the only trash he could see is the trash they brought themselves! He waddles over in time to catch Pernicious Kreb's speech about catching a ride.

Dak sees Grumb Slanger head off to work on something.

"Oi, Grumb! And izzat Barry? Whatcha fellas got there?" Dak squats down to pick up a couple of interesting bones.

"A sign, eh? Lookin to get them u-mans nice n comfy? Then we BASH their 'eads in? Or shoot 'em in, I guess. Well, y'know I got yer back!"

Dak's mind immediately starts to wander due to hunger, and he swears he just heard the words "roast manflesh".

I support Grumb's plan, Dak sees lifting a tank out of a hole as way too much work. Even with all the Scrunts at their disposal, Dak knows it's tough to keep them focused. Also, Dak has no idea that Grumb doesn't like him. Dak thinks he and Grumb are friends since he fixed up Barry, even if he thinks Barry might have knicked one of his tools.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Dropscrunt Crashacre

Dak puts away a particularly interesting chunk of scrunt bone and feels something else in his pocket. A smile comes across his face.

code:
 ***Gear*** 
 2 x hallucinogen grenades 
"Gumbo, I fink these might be able to help! You need to distract some umans, den one of 'ese should do tha trick. Only dis one, tho, I'm savin' dis other one fer a borin' night." The two grenades are identical.

"We just needa scrunt that kin sneaky drop dis close or mebbe inside th' ride. Can't be me, tho. Anyone else I kin try ta patch up, but I can't op'rate on me'self. Tried once."
Dak gladly offers up one of his mind-altering explosives, but he won't be too devastated if they don't get used. He keeps them for recreational use. Also, Dak seems somewhat hesitant to hand the grenade over to Gumbo himself.

ThNextGreenLantern fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 12, 2014

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Dak hands Urok the hallucinogen grenade.

"Well, you lots gonna need dis soon. Fink I'll go make me'self useful."

Dak volunteers to help distract the Chimera, and sees if anyone else will join him.

Dak is going to be part of team 2, distracting the Chimera then running back to team 1. He's had his share of experience dodging gunfire. Also, I'm taking one hallucinogen grenade off of my gear list. Dak has two flash grenades too, but what fun would that have been?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Dak Rugby lets out a frustrated grunt. Was THAT his lucky grenade?! Dak Rugby pulls out his Scrunt Rifle and fires angrily at the PDF Sarge.

BS-10 check. 23 vs 26. A hit! d10 (5) +3 impact wounds: 8. My rolls.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Chimera Assault

Revised Action posted:

Dak finds himself sprawled on the battlefield.

"Ugh... Bfff... Wuzz... Fekin' tank..." mutters Dak as he stands up. Dak makes sure his scrunt melee weapon is ready to charge on the Sarge.

Half action to stand, half action to ready his melee weapon.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Chimera Drag Race

Dak hauls scrunt-rear end to the Chimera and pulls his shambling mass atop it. He notices Groin's fantastic shades, which remind him he just wasted his opportunity to attack the drugged up human.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Chimera Drag Race

Dak shakes his head, trying to clear out the scrunt post-fight fugue. Dak puts away his truncheon and makes sure his scrunt rifle is reloaded.

"Time ta get doctorin..." Dak mutters. Strangely, Dak does not say the words out loud, but within his own head.

Dak trundles over to Urok, and begins his dread labors.

"Oi, Urok, them tank fellas got here pretty quick. How close ya figure they live? Think that guy'll make it back?" Dak gestures at the crawling Sarge.

Medicae roll to heal Urok, Roll is 7 vs. 70 (50 Int + 20 from Diagnosticator), so 6 degrees of success unless I scrunted up the order of operations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dak Rugby, Scrunt Compartment

Dak watches Grumb's attempt at interrogation. He thought about helping, but he got the impression that Grumb didn't want to be interrupted.

Turning his mind to the farmstead, Dak decides that maybe he should get talking with the Agrarian Scrunts at some point.

Dak's loot requests- See if the PDF had any medicine/combat drugs. Also, Dak wants a shotgun.

• Locked thread