Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, somewhere in the middle of the scrunt storage bay

Grimply is suspicious of this "emperor" fellow that the humie kept blabbin about at first, but he knew about the Slam Sector so there must be something to it. It's the realm of the holy scruntfather after all, and everyone who knows about the teachings of the scruntfather must be a friend to scrunts. Seeing all the excitement and hearing endless chants of SLAM SECTOR SLAM SECTOR, fills Grimply with a holy energy(at least he thinks so) and he wants to praise the scruntfather. He uses his magboots to climb a large stack of metal crates in his vicinity. He doesn't climb to the top of it though, but sticks to the highest corner. This is important because he spreads his arms so that he looks more imposing to the huddling scrunt horde below him. He then whips out his worn book and starts to preach about the great scruntfather. But since everyone is way too excited about chanting, fighting, drinking and humpin, he has to fire a few rounds from his pistol between them to get their attention.

While this is going on, Flet does something retarded and gross that's better left undescribed. Trust me, it's really retarded and gross.

Ballistic Skill 45 with my Autopistol to see if I wound anyone or shoot at the ground like a pro.

Fellowship 42(and the +10 from the peer skill I think?) to check how well my sermon is received, and to judge what I'll do next. You can also apply a penalty if I failed the shooting test.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, stuck to the edge of a moderately high crate pile in the scrunt storage bay, above a mass of attentive and eager scrunts

Grimply's try to get the attention of the other scrunts worked, even if he failed to complete the cool scruntface on the floor. It would have been a great offering to the scruntfather, but since it still kinda looks like a scrunt face if you squint your beady eyes, that's good too. Kiling two other scrunts in the process also doesn't really bother him, since they now take their place at the great trash-table of the scruntfather. He envies them a little, and would secretly like to join them, but he knows that the scruntfather still has work for him. After all, that's what he told him when he was all alone on that weird and hosed up planet. He has to guide these scrunts to the holy slam sector, yes, that's exactly what the scruntfather told him.

Grimply spreads his puny arms like a bird and starts his speech, and by chance, a gust of wind from an exhaust fan in the ceiling makes his ragged cloak flap around. It also carries some toxic fumes past him onto the scrunts below, but he's too excited to even notice. The scrunts stare at him in awe, with their mouths wide open.

"OI! Hear me ye huddle of fackin' scrunts! Tha time for oua salvation is nigh! Tha holy scruntfather made all that is good an' scrunty in tha world, and now he 'as shown us tha way to tha 'oly slam sector!"

The scrunt crowd madly cheers, and random blurts of "SLAM", "SCRUNT", and "OI ROIGHT" wash over them.

"ROIGHT! It'll be jus' like oua old scrunts 'ave told us! Tha 'oly slam sector with trash piles so 'igh ye can't see deire top! An' with rats more plump than ye belly is wide! THAT'S WHERE WE'S GOIN!"

The crowd is extatic by this point. Their scrunty eyes almost glow with excitement about the slam sector as they jump up and down, and the random blurts now also include "RATS", "THA TRASH", and even more "SCRUNT".

"Tha lovin' scruntfather spoke ta me in me time of need! An' 'e told me ta guide ya lot into 'is realm. THA SLAM SECTOR!!"

The crowd goes totally nuts at this point, whipped into a frenzy by Grimply's words and the holy power of the scruntfather. They jump all over the place, bounce into each other and still repeat their blurts like retarded parrots. Most of them have very red faces by now, and look to be close to hyperventilating, but Grimply is much too extatic to notice it. He closes his eyes, whips his head back(technically upwards because he's still stuck to the edge of a crate pile), and just starts to ramble half remembered prayers and chants, while madly swinging his book around. Since he's so drat into it right now, he also doesn't notice that something weird happens to the scrunts below him. Those with the really red faces start to cough and wheeze, and clutch their tiny hosed up throats before collapsing to the ground. Grimply would never understand this, but the fumes that blew past him at the beginning of his speech were a little too toxic for a scrunt to endure. And since they all were huffin about, they took a really deep breath of the stuff. The imperial crew of the ship didn't give a poo poo what they were leaking into the scrunt hold, because by their book, nothing that smells so awful could be made worse by their waste.

Grimply stills rants and reaves, fueled by the power of the scruntfather, so he doesn't notice how the crowd below him falls silent one by one. The crowd itself is also way too excited and/or stupid to grasp what happens to them. When Grimply snaps out of his trance, he looks onto a pile of lifeless scrunts that litter the floor below him.

"Oi! Tha fack are ye scrunts doin? This be no time ta slack, we be goin' to tha SLAM SECTOR! On ya feet!"

But his words have no effect on the dead crowd, and Grimply gets confused by it. He climbs back down from the crate pile, swearing at the crowd on the way, and starts to kick them while still swearing. They don't budge though. And eventually, it dawns on him. All of them have gone to the scruntfather. Without him. Again! A sudden flash of grief strikes him, because the scruntfather seems to have turned him down again, and he mutters through his clentched teeth.

"Ye fackin' scrunts how could ye go without me? It's not fair I wanna be with tha scruntfather too I earned it fack ye fackers.."

But then he collects himself, and recalls the words the scruntfather said to him. He is a guide, and that is what he has to do. Be it either to guide the scrunts to the slam sector, or to the side of the scruntfather. It makes no difference in the end, and his time with the scruntfather will come when his work is done. He opens his book at a random page, and mutters a quick scrunt prayer before stumbling off to find Flet.

On his way, he sees Groin Sklunger who has his pants down, with his scrunt dong flappin wildly, advancing on a gnarly but excitedly looking scrunt matriarch. Impressed by such a feat of true scruntiness he yells

"Roight mate! Tha scruntfather is proud of ye!"

before stumbling onwards.

Let's just say I find Flet in a situation that's so weird and gross that both of us never want to talk about it. I know how he is, so I just give him a smack, order him to pray three ave scruntfathers and tell him to get his bag and follow me while I continue to preach. But not as hard as the last time, because holy work is exhausting. When the time comes to hit the pods, we just get swept up in all the scrunty commotion, but as soon as I realize what's going on, I'll try to scramble for a good place on the pods while again yelling about the slam sector and so on.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 8, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the scrunt box

When the drop sirens started to howl, Grimply was preaching to a rabble of wee scruntlings to prepare them for the glory of the slam sector. Their stinkin parents didn't even bother to tell them about the scruntfather, and this can't stand. Not at a time like this, when the slam sector is so close! When everyone started to scramble for the drop pods, the scruntlings followed, and in their excitement totally stopped to listen to Grimply. He continued to yell after them and waddled the same way, and suddenly found himself inside a metal box full of other scrunts. When the doors slammed shut behind them, it dawned on Grimply that this must be the fabled drop pod that would carry them to the slam sector. He was pleased with this, as it's clear that the scruntfather has shown him the right way again.

When he peered at the scrunts around him, he could see that most of them were excited and engaged in scrunty activites like drinking and roughhousing, which is pleasing to the scruntfather. But a few scrunts huddled into a corner, and were gibbering in fear of the weird metal box that they were in. Grimply strode over to them, his book in hand, and spoke to them.

"Oi maties! This be no time tah fear, this be a time of joy! We's be goin' to tha slam sector! Look at ye, a shivering bundle of scrunts. Pathetic I say! Pathetic says tha scruntfather!"

Grimply whips around on his heels, and squints his beady eyes to find a good example of scruntines. His gaze falls on Groin, who sits on top of a pile of scrunts, handling a steering wheel and making noises.

"See tha scrunt over dere? He be showing no fear! He be trusting that tha scruntfather gives 'im tha power to steer our mighty box through tha blak space to tha slam sector! Now stop bein' a lousy throng of scruntlings an' make tha scruntfather proud!"

The group of scrunts is still a little unsure what to make of their new situation, but Grimply's strong words and the aura of confidence(read: retardation) around Groin calm them at least. Pleased with his work, Grimply makes sure that Flet hasn't run off again, and continues to shuffle around the other scrunts. His gnarly nose picks up a certain smell in the air. A good smell. A smell like something tasty is burning in here. He finds the source when he sees Pernicious Kreb, spinning a tiny hosed up wolf over a fire, while Urok helps out with his flamer.

"Ay, this be a fine tiny facked up wolf ye be roasting here. A proper meal ta bless oua journey to tha slam sector. Yes, tha scruntfather surely is pleased with this. But just ta make sure, let me spice this one up maties!"

Grimply roots around under his cloak, but is interrupted when Flet carefully taps him on the shoulder. He spins around, ready to scold him, but sees the scrunt holding up a ragged pouch, with beaming eyes. Grimply nods, and grabs a hand full of leaves and roots from the pouch and throws them on the burning tiny hosed up wolf. Most of them catch fire and fall to the ground, but a few of them actually stick to it. The smell quickly becomes even better then before, and Grimply and the scrunts around the BBQ start to feel pretty good.

Grimply had no idea, but most of the leaves he threw were Lho-Leafs. Yes, we are now hotboxing our way to the slam sector.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, near the wreckage of the scrunt box

Grimply got knocked out during the descend of the container, but he had a really good time before it! A much better time then he had in a good while in fact. Another favor from the scrunt father? Most surely yes! He got flung out of the container when it hit the ground, but was already passed out from the rocky descend and didn't notice it. Now he groggily scampers back on his feet and tries to collect what is even going on. Let's see..he was in a box full of scrunts just moments ago, eating the most delicious roasted tiny hosed up wolf bits he ever had. He was also feeling really good, and was happy about something else in particular. What could that have been?, he wonders while picking at his gross and stubby beard. He can't recall it right now(concussions tend to have that effect, even on a scrunt brain), but the last thing he remembers was that the ride in the scrunt box suddenly got pretty rough and then he must have fallen asleep or something. Wait, the box? What box? Is this crushed wreck that other scrunts are stumbling out of the scrunt box? Why was he in there to begin with? Did he want to go somewehere?...yeah, that's it!

"Tha slam sector!"

He shouts this at the top of his lung, but nobody joins in and in fact, most of the scrunts around stare at him with a questioning look in their eyes. Grimply gets even more confused by this and can hear mutterings like "That runt is cuckoo!" or, "Tha fack is 'e talkin bout?". And now is the first time that he consciously takes a look at his surroundings. This can't be right! There are trees and grass and drat birds chirping! This isn't the slam sector at all! He falls back to his knees, and angrily clutches a clump of grass while going off on another cursing tangent. His mistreated scrunt brain is dangerously close to imploding as the facts around him collide with his expectations and faith in the scruntfather. But his psychosis gets the upper hand, and suddenly it all makes sense. Yes, of course! The scruntfather never failed him before, but he also has no use for a weak scruntling. He wants us to make our own slam sector, instead of just giving it to us. Yes, this must be right. How could it not be? Grimply was never wrong about the scruntfather before, so this is the only explanation. Satisfied with his completely clear and true logic, Grimply dusts of his cloak(or rather removes a little bit of the new dirt on it), and gets back on his feet like nothing ever happened. Just as he is about to adress the scrunts that still eye him with suspicion, he hears a shout coming from a tree. There is also some commotion over from where that came, so the scrunts around forget about Grimply's outburst and scamper off towards it. With nothing better to do, he does so too.

In the middle of the commotion, is a small scruntling, motivated by other scrunts to tell them why he's making such a ruckus. He tells them about a vehicle that's coming, and by his description, Grimply can tell that it's one of the smaller humie tanks. Last time he saw one of them, pretty much all the scrunts around him died, and he's not keen on being alone again. Also they still need to make their slam sector, so something must be done. While the other scrunts bicker, he sends a prayer to the scruntfather and listens to his guidance. Ah, yes. That could work.

Since I kinda don't want to type my plan in scrunt-speak, I'll do it here. I think the hole is an obvious solution, but kinda doubt that we can get the Chimera to drive over it easily. Humies are crafty! Also, we would probably not be able to capture the Chimera if we make it fall into the hole. That's not to say that the hole has no use though. I think we can cover it with branches and leaves, and then place some scrunts on the other side a bit behind it. The humies will probably get out of their tank, and advance on the disgusting creatures and then fall into the hole. When that happens, the rest of us scrunts will come out of the forest that's north of the hole and board the Chimera through the hopefully still open rear door. When that works, the crew will just get run over by our biting/kicking/shooting storm, and any humies still left on the outside can get attacked by anyone that didn't charge for the Chimera. We may even be able to use the weapons of the Chimera against them. The scrunt bait will probably get killed, but we have some disposable redshirts right now, so whatever. If my plan is liked, we probably need to roll a fellowship test to get them to be bait though.

E: I like Kreb's idea about the rockslide, because this would almost surely force the humies to leave the Chimera and go for the scrunt bait on foot. If they just decide to shoot with the Chimera, the lads have to scamper away and lure the humies in anyway.

Also, I think Grimply should roll some kind of test to not get an insanity point because the planet is not slam at all. Willpower?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 11, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the middle of the scrunt bicker

When Grimply hears Grump lay out his plan, he narrows his already narrow eyes and then snaps.

"Ya fackin git! Ya just stole part of me plan just like ya stole me food! Tha scruntfather curses ye facker!!"

After his outburst he immediately scoots off, so that Grumb can't punch him, and sits down near the wreckage to sulk and mutter more quiet curses under his breath. He calms down after a few minutes, and waddles back to the scrunt bicker. But he stays at the edge of it, and makes sure that there always is a scrunt between him and Grump. He also sees Scurrilous fondle and pet his fire bombs, and gives him an approving nod because humies are weak to fire.

In character, I hate Grumb's plan because it has some elements that are similar to mine, but out of character I like it because it has some elements that are similar to mine. Since we now know that we can't really block the Chimera with a tactical rockslide, using the hole as humie bait is our best shot for making them leave the APC. I mean, we could still try a decoy scrunt group that waves friendly at the Chimera, but I think they'll just get shot. Attacking the soldiers in the open should not be too difficult, since we have several weapons with longish ranges. It kinda all depends on if the humies leave the rear door open when they disembark, but I trust in the scruntfather to make that happen. With that said, firebombing the lot of them when they open the door could lead to good results, because they'll probably be too panicked to close the door again. But then our CQC scrunts will have to charge through the fire too. Lots of ifs and buts. So in short, I think hole bait is the way to go, while the CQC scrunts charge from the forest west of the hole since that is probably behind the chimera, while the shooty scrunts sit in the forest to the north, and can fall back to the buildings if the chimera shoots us too much. If the rear door is closed when the CQC scrunts reach it, Groins laser cutter could be used on the hull, Scurrilous fire bombs could hit the turret when the gunner is dumb enough to have the hatch open.

Willpower 22 vs [26(20+6)]

I don't get an insanity point, I think? Like, I'm still a little wonky on the dice mechanics, but since that D100 is lower than my stat, I succeeded, right?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 11, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Well, I figured that the PDF troops aren't the sharpest and could be lured out of the Chimera. And in turn I didn't worry much about the actual crew, since they're also PDF and can't really engage us with the turret/heavy bolter when some scrunts are inside the Chimera and present a more pressing threat. But again, it circles back to the question if we can get inside the thing fast enough. Seeing how the "firebomb humies when they open the door, then charge for their balls" plan just became more likely to work, and how Groin can lasercut a scrunt shaped hole into it, I'd say it's likely that we can get inside fast enough. But I'm also a gambler, so I like a risky play like this. Trying get the Chimera into the hole is the safer play, at the cost of it being less mint than before. I'd be fine with that in the end, but my inner risk taker is telling me to chance it.

E: Granted, my plan could also include a flash of genious by the PDF driver, which backs up and rolls over our CQC charge if he's quick enough, or the fire bomb throw could be hosed up and we all get gunned down but :rolldice:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 11, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, at the fringe of the tactical scrunt bicker

Phoon posted:

"So's I guess th question is, do yous feel lucky, Scrunts?"
Grimply gives Gumbo an approving nod.

"Aye laddie, with tha scruntfather on oua side, how can wes not?"

I still think we should use scruntbait to make the PDF get out. Like, as funny as a treasure sign or ghost is, both just don't seem to work very likely imo. And when I talk about scruntbait, I don't mean to plop a few scrunts into the open to wave retardedly at the tank. I rather thought they'd scramble off when the tank comes into view distance and force the PDF to run after them. Using the buildings to ambush them when they follow actually isn't a bad idea. The close range probably favors us more then them. And this way the chimera will likely stop next to the forest that's north of the hole. And if our chimera charge crew is in that forest, they don't have to run far to get to it. Bombing them while they disembark is still a cool idea, but after thinking about it, there are probably more PDF troopers in there then we can burn/get high at once.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Didn't scalded say earlier that if it looks like actual trouble they'll probably stay in the tank rather than get out? I think we're safer luring them out with something interesting/valuable/weird than like active hostiles.

Yeah, I also think that shooting at them from the get go is a bad idea. They're likely to just stay in the chimera and maybe even contact their Hq or something. If we present them a few tiny and vile creatures that scurry off, the probably bored PDF troopers will likely want to have some fun shooting the disgusting but mostly harmles creatures. Also, while I do like to split up into dedicated teams, my frail sniper isn't going to fare well in any of them, and I probably have to make my own team and snipe the PDF from behind when they go into the buildings. The rest of you could then use the surprise to jump them even better. And I didn't think of this before, but I could also borrow my mag boots to Groin so that he can just stick to the chimera and cut it open if needed?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the vicinity of the scrunt summit

Grimply is confused and slightly annoyed from all the bickering, and it's slowly giving him a headache. Funny. It feels kinda like when the scruntfather wants to talk to him. Suddenly Grimply's body suffers a mild spasm, and he goes "Arghlblargl." before collecting himself again. With a pleased look in his scrunty eyes, he shuffles over to Groin, and puts his arm around the shoulder of the suspicious scrunt.

"Listen mate, tha scruntfather just gave me a genious idea, yes right 'e did. See dese boots?" he says while pulling a smelly metal boot from his probably toxic foot.

"These be special boots that can stick ta metal if ya press tha red button. You got that cuttin' thing, roight? Well tha scruntfather says you shoud stick to the humie box an' cut a small hole in it, and then throw in one of oua grenades!"

Grimply beams at Groin while telling him this, and looks very convinced that it will work and is in no way dangerous for Groin. After all, the scruntfather protects.

I now really want Groin to stick to the chimera, cut a small hole into it and throw a Hallucinogen grenade inside. Question is, before or after the PDF disembark? Probably after, so that the driver and gunner will either kill each other in a drug inudced haze, or are easy pickings for Urok.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Aight, then I guess I also tumble towards the buildings because that's where the shootas should be.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the houses, scruntin

Grimply peers through the scope of his beloved Ol' Scrunt Eye, and is excited about the chaos and flames that he can make out. Again, the scruntfather showed him the right way and the plan seems to have worked. Not all of the humies are on fire, but that's okay, because the rest dropped their rifles and wildly swing around their knives. He turns to Flet and says "Roight laddie, take me book and say a prayer to tha scruntfather so 'e can bless dis shot!", and then sets his sights on the biggest humie of the group.

Flet's eyes light up at the prospect of having the holy book. He complies swiftly, and shrieks at the top of his voice

"Tha scruntfather is great and tha scruntfather is fun,
An' we thank tha scruntfather for oua guns;
By tha father's 'and we will be led,
Give us father, oua daily dead. Scrunt."

Half action to aim, and another half for a Ballistic skill against the sarge 66 vs [85(45+10+10+10+10)]

Damage to a random location = 4 Energy

cool 1 on the damage roll, fack ya scruntfather

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 15, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the houses, scruntin mad

Grimply can't believe his eyes! His blessed shot didn't seem to have any effect on the humie. How can that be? Do the humies have their own god who protects them? Surely no other god could wrestle with the scruntfather? Or maybe Flet didn't pray hard enough? Yes, that must be it! Flet just isn't ready yet. He isn't scrunty enough in the eyes of the scruntfather.

Grimply curses and gives Flet a half hearted shove which makes him fall on his scrunt butt. Flet doesn't understand why, and confusedly looks at Grimply with his big watery eyes. He is close to crying.

"Fack! 's allright laddie. It ain't ya fault. I shud 'ave known that ya aren't ready fo this yet. Now stop bein' a runt an' get back up. We needs tha kill some of those humies!"

Flet complies and sheepishly clutches the holy book, while Grimply takes aim for another shot.

-----
Grimply can't let the sarge defy the scruntfather and fires at him again.

E: Scratch that, since the other guys are about to double team him, it's probably better if I take out a mook. Let's say the commotion around the chimera, and Flet being worthless, makes Grimply pull the trigger too early, and he either hits mook 1 or 7 at the GMs choice.

Half action to aim, and another half for a Ballistic skill 23 vs [85(45+10+10+10+10)] which is a loving good hit and gives me two extra D10(which is the max) of damage because my weapon is accurate

Damage to a random location = 17+3 Energy

Also if my roll gets influenced by a smoke that somebody may have thrown, it still should hit but would do less damage

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 16, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

It's a thing that a scrunt would do, and I fully expect it to happen because Moola was actually born half-scrunt irl

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the houses, being a scrunt

Grimply is feeling pretty good for a change, because his second shot punched right through a humie. His Ol' Scrunt Eye needed a bit to warm up as it seems. Peering through his scope, the next set of events surprise and entertain him, as he can see the Chimera jumping forward and crashing into something, and then he can see nothing because some white stuff suddenly blocks his view. Using his eyes instead of the scope, he realizes that it's a lot of smoke.

"Tha fack? Which of dese scrunts made that happen?" he asks the universe in general.

He realignes his sight, and finds out that the trail of smoke comes from the turret of the chimera. He can see Groin that seems to be wrestling with a humie. This angers him a bit, because he gave Groin his magic boots to kill humies, not to have a fun wrestling match with them. He flicks the zoom wheel of his scope, intent on giving Groin a warning shot to break up his fun wrestling match, but then he can see that Groin is actually being choked by the humie who has a really weird look in his eys. And then it dawns on him...

"Bollocks, tha humie is trying ta steal me boots! Facking boot thieving humie, oi got ya in me sights!"

----------------

I assume that I'm not hindered by the smoke, so apply whatever modifier if I am

Half action to aim, and another half to shoot the boot thief 79 vs [85(45+10+10+10+10)] which barely hits lol

Damage to a random location = 3+3 Energy because I suck

Also I like that you keep posting songs that I also like, schlong :hf:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 18, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the houses, scrunting mad, again

Grimply follows the trail of his shot, convinced that his aim is true. But again, and to his anger, his lasbolt only lightly zings his target. And then he snaps.

"Fack! The fack is up with me facking rifle this facking fack..." and so on. He also throws his rifle on the ground and stomps on it for good measure. Whatever is wrong with his rifle is probably not helped by that, but he needs to vent and scrunts have no real concept of proper equipment handling. Also, Flet is cowering during this and shields his head with the holy scrunt book, out of fear of getting smacked again.

Panting, and with some of his rage leaving, Grimply stands over his mistreated rifle and then remembers something. Didn't Scurrilous tinker with his rifle before all of this? Yes, he in fact did! Grimply whips around and sees Scurrilous one building over, and yells "OI! Ya fackin git ruined me rifle it can't kill anymore! What tha fack did ye do? Ye said you made me sight better! Ye lying git I'll get ye!"

Scurrilous gives him a befuddled look, and then shrugs his shoulders with a half hearted "Eh."

Grimply is stonefaced for a second, and before he can point all his rage towards Scurrilous, another thought enters his mind "Me boots!"

ooc: I'm not changing my scrunt beef/love, because Scurrilous actually made my sight a tiny bit better and did nothing to the hosed up damage rolls of my gun. Grimply will realize this later

----------------

Half action to aim, and another half to shoot the boot thieving scrunt choker = 35 vs [85(45+10+10+10+10)] which gives me the extra 2 D10 again thank god

Damage to a random location = 21+3 Energy let's see him soak that poo poo

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 20, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, in the houses, just scrunting

Grimply had a rough day so far. Not only did the strange planet he landed on turn out to be not slam at all, but his trusted Ol' Scrunt Eye rifle left him hanging too. He's torn between seething rage and crippling doubt, so he turns to the one thing that he can always depend on. He snatches the worn book from Flet's shaking hands, and flips it open at a random spot. What he reads is enough to bring his psychosis ridden mind back into some form of balance.

"Aye. Tha scruntfather tests me and 'is ways are mysterious." he mutters.

With his mind at ease, Grimply surveys the battlefield. It seems like all the humies are dead, and most importantly, his boots are safe. They probably have some humie guts on them, but that doesn't matter. Just as he's about to set off to collect his boots, he hears Scurrilous yell over to him. He recalls that he shouted at him earlier too, and now realizes that Scurrilous probably isn't responsible for the lovely performance of his rifle. Scurrilous only tinkered with his scope, as he remembers. Grimply is now faced with a unique situation, because he feels a strange emotion for a scrunt. He is kinda sorry.

"Oi, laddie. Ehrm...Ya know...Well...I didn't...Uhh...Tha scruntfather blesses you!" is all he can muster before waddling off the collect his boots.

-------------
Since I don't really have helpful skills for the chimera, I think I should scout the surrounding area a bit, and see if I can make out signs of a town or something. Not sure if this would be Navigation Surface(which is kinda lovely for me), or Awareness(which is good for me)

Also, I wanna place some of my crude traps while I'm out and about, to catch a few tiny animals that we can throw in with the human stew Kreb and I are probably going to make.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, near the scruntmera

On his way to the chimera, Grimply took charge of calming any random scrunts that he met. Most of them are still excited about the cool battle and the prospect of tasty humie bits, but slowly the realization that this planet isn't the slam sector sets in. Grimply tells them that it's okay though, and that the scruntfather wants them to make this strange and horrible world into their own slam sector. Seeing the destruction and crispy humies around them, the scrunts tend to believe him.

Eventually he reaches the chimera, and clumsily climbs on top of it to get his boots back. They indeed have some humie guts on them, but Grimply just violently shakes the boots before putting them back on. He also tells Groin to not have fun wrestling matches next time. A fight just isn't the right time for something like that. Before climbing back down, he gives Scurrilous a hesistant nod, who is currently enthusiastically hammering on the chimera. Just as Grimply is about to leave, he hears a strange and crackling voice. This voice sounds very different from the ones he usually hears, and also seems to be coming from inside the chimera. He carefully enters through the rear hatch, passing by a gibbering humie, and locates the source near the driver's seat.

"crackle...Unit 13, please report!...buzz...I repeat, Unit 13 please copy!...frizzle...God dammit, if you guys went out for a joyride I swear the major will have your..."

Grimply is confused by the voice from the small metal box, and ponders this strange phenomenon by peering at it with his scrunty eyes. And then he hears a more familiar voice in the back of his head. It tells him that these are other humies that look for the humies they just killed. And if they can't find them, something bad will probably come looking for them. He begins to gnaw on his haggard nails, and then shivers run through his tiny body while the voice keeps telling him how he can stop this from happening. Grimply doesn't really understand every little detail of the plan the voice just told him, but the scruntfather never failed him in times of dire need. And it basically boils down to him having to lie. Which is something that he did before and is also good at. He stumbles back out of chimera, still in thought and slightly confused. While hastily looking around, he sees Urok punching a lying humie with his stun gloves. The humie trashes about, but still groans as Urok rifles through his pockets. Then the voice in Grimply's head kicks back in. He has to talk to this humie. He has to pretend to be him to make his lie work. Yes, it's all clear now!

Grimply barks at Flet to follow him, and makes his way over to the humie. Urok gives him a careful glance, and then scuttles away with his ill gotten gains. The humie looks very wounded, but still keeps groaning. Grimply kneels down next to him, and snatches the shiny metal bits around his neck that Urok didn't care for. He doesn't really know why, but has a feeling that it's important. He holds them close and carefully reads what's written on them. Then he turns his attention to the groaning humie. He grabs him by the straps on his chest and starts to shake him while also giving him a few smacks to the face. But aside from more groaning, this leads nowhere.

"Fack, this ain't roight...Flet! Get me some water an' dump it on tha humie's face. I heard ya can wake a sleepin' humie like that!"

Satisfied with his order, Grimply gets back to staring at the metal bits and sinks back into his thoughts. Flet however isn't so happy. He nervously steps around on the spot, because he saw no water anywhere. But he also can't disobey Grimply. So he does the next best thing, and unzips his pants to take a healthy piss on the humie's face. Grimply doesn't notice this, and only gets pulled back from his thoughts when he hears the humie gasping and gulping behind him. When he turns around, he sees that the humie seems to be awake again. He also sees Flet, with a guilty look and his little scrunt pecker out.

With a heavy sigh he says "Yer one weird little scrunt Flet...One weird little scrunt.."

The humie is heavily confused, by a combination of pain, blood loss, and scrunt piss in his mouth. And before he knows what's happening, Grimply leaps on his chest, and grins at him.

"Oi laddie! This be a poo poo day for yer ain't it? All yer humie friends are dead and yer goin' ta join em soon!"

"Argh...get away from me...urgh...you vile mutant.."

Grimply produces his pistol, and grins even more menacingly at the human.

"Now, now. This be na time for such words. Yer facked mate, 'tis as simple as that. But tha scruntfather is loving and gracious, and 'e told me ta give yer a chance."

Still battling his confusion, pain, and the weird taste in his mouth, the humie can muster little more than to stare back at the mad creature on his chest.

"It be like this me boy. Yer gonna tell me what I wants ta know, and then yer can go. That's roight! Tha scruntfather told me yer can live this day if yer be nice!"

"Ugh..you never get anything...anything from me...mutant!..argh"

Grimply slightly shifts his meager weight, and digs one of his boots into an open wound which makes the humie groan in pain again.

He moves his groady scrunt face very close to the horrified humie, and whispers "Laddie, it's not like yer got much of a choice."

What follows is a rough hour of scrunt interrogation. Grimply constantly switches back between being friendly and threatening, and asks the humie all kinds of questions. There is no clear pattern behind them, and they include things like where he came from, who the other humies with him are, what color his poop is, or if he heard the good news of the scruntfather. Grimply also repeats several of his questions over and over again, like a senile parrot, with no care for if they have already been answered or not. The whole ordeal turns into a nightmarish haze for the humie, and at some point, he isn't even sure himself what he told the mad creature. Eventually, the voice in Grimply's head tells him that it's enough.

"Roight laddie, this wasn't too hard now was it? Yer did good, yes yer did. Tha scruntfather is pleased with yer!"

Grimply gently taps the terrified humie on his cheek, before scampering from his chest. Realizing that he somehow survived this nightmare, relief and hope come back into the humie's features. Though, that quickly changes as Grimply clocks him on the head with the grip of his pistol.

"Flet me boy. C'mere. Yer know we can't let tha humie get back to his friends roight? Yes yer know it. Now listen ta me. Tha scruntfather told me he 'as a test for yer. Ta show yer faith and scruntines, yer gots ta send this humie ta 'is god. I gots a thing ta do, so I leave yer to it. But remember, tha scruntfather sees everything, so yer better do it roight!"

With this, Grimply waddles off towards the chimera, and leaves behind a scared and slightly overwhelmed Flet. Flet has killed humies before, but it always was with a gun, and never this close. He hastily looks around, and taps on his pockets, but realizes that his weapon is back at the chimera, with Grimply's and his other stuff. The only thing he has on him, is the holy book that Grimply let him hold today. And so, the last thing that Sergeant Frank Hardchest sees, are the stained pages of a worn book that get shoved into his face. He trashes around as he suddenly can't breathe anymore, but is much too weakend to free himself. And then everything goes black for him.

Meanwhile Grimply made his way to the chimera, and boots the still gibbering humie out of the rear hatch before he closes it. He needs to be alone for this. The strange voice still periodically crackles out of the metal box, but Grimply ignores it and starts to pray. He mumbles ever faster, and rocks back and forth while the spirit of the scruntfather fills him. Wild spasms shake his deformed body, and his eyes turn cloudy before he suddenly stops, and carefully reaches for the microphone of the vox unit.

"Argh..Here is Sergeant Hardchest calling headquarters...unf...I repeat..Sergeant Hardchest calling headquarters, do you copy? Over."

After a tense moment of static, the vox unit responds.

"This is headquarters. I read you Sergeant. Where the gently caress have you been? We've been calling your unit for like an hour! Over!"

"Ugh..I had some problems, headquarters..Sorry but nobody was near the vox when you called for us...argh..over."

"What is going on with you? You don't sound so good...Did you get ambushed by imperial stragglers? Give me a sitrep right now! Over."

"Negative headquarters..uff..No imperials..it was my own drat unit!..urgh..Over."

"What do mean by your own unit? This makes no sense. Over."

"Look..I gotta sit down..urgh...I'm bleedin a bit..Ov-Over."

"God dammit Frank. gently caress the vox protocol and just tell what happened!"

"Yeah..wait...Okay..ugh..So we got to the site...but it was just some space debris, nothing of note here...argh...and then the guys you gave me started to bicker..that the army sucked and that they only get the lovely jobs..."

"gently caress, I knew those dumb farmhands were no good. None of them had any proper training or morale!"

"Yeah..but..one of them drew his gun on me...said he wanted to ditch the stupid army and go back home..huff..He didn't listen to me..I..I had.."

"gently caress! Don't tell me you shot him?"

"I..I had to...the others also wanted to join in...urgh...I had no choice..I...I had to kill them all.."

"Holy poo poo Frank! This is bad...this is really bad! When this gets out, morale will take a huge hit! You're really lucky that I'm the only one on vox duty today! We can't let this get out...gently caress, let me think... Okay, here's what we'll do. You say that you got ambushed by imperials and that they wiped your whole squad before running away, understand? I'm gonna say that I caught some imperial vox chatter afterwards that supports your story, okay? poo poo, this is the only way. I'm gonna get some people that I can trust to come and pick you up."

"Negative...I..argh...I can patch myself with the medkit..It's going to be okay...I'll..uff..I'll just drive back on my own."

"poo poo Frank. This is FUBAR. But I trust you. I wouldn't if it were anyone else, but you saved my rear end back in '69. Now is my time to repay you for that. Update me if you do need any help, okay? Your wife was on the base earlier and wanted to see you. Well, at least now I can tell her that you'll be back soon. poo poo man, get back here in one piece okay?"

"Yeah...friend...I will...over."

Then the vox unit falls silent, and Grimply just stands still for a few minutes. When he comes back from his trance, he has no real memory of what he just did. He just has a strong feeling that what he did was right and good. It's usually like that when the scruntfather acts through him. It's nothing new for him, so he does not question it further. With a good feeling in his heart, and a happy whistle on his lips, he leaves the chimera and finds Flet waiting for him. He gives the young scrunt a questioning look, and Flet returns it with a sheepish nod, and then holds up the blood stained pages of the holy book.

"Good lad. We both made tha scruntfather proud today."

---------------------------
Right, time to not suck at dice. Since my sheet says that the GM can allow me to use Int instead of Str for intimidation, I'll roll both for my chat with the Sarge and let schlong pick.

83 vs (26 Str) lol

37 vs (34 Int) fuuuuck

Okay that was poo poo and now my deceive roll has to be good

20 vs (42 Fel)

awww yiiis

E: And if I still have the time, I want to scout for a better location and collect my traps

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 28, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, at the scrunt conference

Grimply intently listens to the scrunt bickering, and absentmindedly blesses a few random scrunts around him. A lot of the bickering doesn't make sense to him, but when Scurrilous tells of his plan of a roaming band of scrunts on vehicles, Grimply is on board. They still need to make this world into their slam sector, but you need stuff for that. You can't just build a paradise of scrap and rats from flimsy wood and disgusting grass.

"Yar laddie, you gots tha right idea!" he bellows. "Yer know, when I wents out ta trap me some food, me keen eyes saw a few humie hovels near us. These humies use that disgusting land 'round 'ere to grow thar gross food. But yer know what dese humies also have? Some vehicles, the call em tracktoars. Wes gonna nab those tracktoars so wes can fit all tha scrunts. Oua humie box is good an' all, but yer can't fit all tha scrunts in it, can ye? And Scurrilous me lad, can you show tha other scrunts how ta make carts from this horrible wood? Theys 'ave ta carry our scrap an' stuff before we can get a ride for dem."

So first I'm going to make a roll to convince y'all that there really are farm vehicles that we can plunder and pimp

Deceive test 30 vs 42 Fel

And then I'm going to make a Int check to see if I can whip up some good humie stew

Cooking test 55 vs 34 Int

Nooope, it's disgusting

Lastly, I think we can just assume that I'll collect my traps before we move on, and stash whatever I caught in Flet's groady sack. Also, I don't think that I can influence any cart making, so that's on Scurr if he wants to to it.

Also, reposting my loot wishes

I would like a simple attachement for my rifle if such things exist. If not, something to enhance my scouting like a space binocular or a shoddy auspex maybe?

E: lol Phoon, that's timing

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, eventually on top of the scruntmera

Grimply is hyped as the scrunt horde gets in motion, because every step forward is another step towards the slam sector. He hears a few especially grizzly scrunts mutter under their horrid breath, and encourages them in passing.

"Oi laddies, stop yer whining. Yer sound like yer be some fackin scruntlings that fell fresh out dere mothas arse. We can'ts build a slam sector 'ere! Jus' look at this 'ere soil. It's disgustin and green! Yer can't find enough trash ta cover all of it! We needs ta finds a betta place with more trash that wes can use, roight? Now stop bein' wankers an' gets ta work! Ye can trust in the scruntfather, me boys."

When Grimply comes near to the chimera, he can see some scrunts already sitting in the passenger compartment. They also intently peer at the gibbering humie that Grimply noticed a while back. At first he's not really sure what they want with this weak humie, but when he sees Urok rubbing his shock gloves together, he assumes they want to have some fun times. Grimply doesn't really care, and sends Flet into the chimera because he may learn a thing or two from the other scrunts. He on the other hand, uses his new grapnel to climb on top of the chimera, where he then engages his magboots and contemplates the teachings of the scruntfather. When the chimera starts to roll out, Grimply enjoys a fresh breeze around his scrunt crotch.

------------------------------
I'm chilling on top of the moving chimera and you can't stop me

Okay first I make a lie roll to have the traditional scrunts be less mad

Deceive 35 vs 42 Fel

They are now slightly less mad

I don't know if that is allowed, but I want Flet to give whatever bonus to the interrogation I could have given by just staring at the humie.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 8, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, still on top of the scruntmera

Grimply has enjoyed his time on top of the wheelybox. The bumpy ride put a bit of a strain on his ankles, but the fresh breeze that whirls through his crotch put his mind of that completely. He contemplates the teachings of the scruntfather, and searches them for guidance to the slam sector. He feels like there is something going on on this world that he needs to take into account, but it just won't reveal itself to him, no matter how hard he thinks about it. Frustrated by this and the annoying drizzle, he stops contemplating and takes a look around. In front of him he sees Kreb, with a tight grip on the cool new gun on their wheelybox. Kreb seems to stare at one of the weird human machines in the distance, and when he swings the gun around, Grimply realizes what he wants to do.

"Oi laddie!" he yells while stomping forward with his magboots. "I 'ate tha humie machines jus as much as any otha scrunt, but we dun wanna make ta much noise now. Tha humies don't know that we's coming. So let's keep it that way, roight?"

He doesn't wait for a response from Kreb, but turns around and bangs his magboots on the hull of the wheelybox while yelling.

"Scurrilous! Me boy Scurrilous! Get yer scrunt arse up 'ere. Thare be work for yer."

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, still on top of the scruntmera

Grimply waits a few minutes for a reply, while Kreb keeps fondling the mounted weapon with visible impatience. When no reaction comes from the inside, he angrily stomps towards the top hatch at the rear of the wheelybox, and uses his anger to fuel his meager strength and heaves the hatch doors open. Inside, he sees most of his scrunt compatriots staring intently at the humie, who in turn looks at him with a confused and scared expression. He also sees Scurrilous who is halfway stuck inside some machinery of the wheelybox that he messes with. It seems like he didn't even hear Grimply call for him, and the rest of the scrunts seem to be content with what horrible things they're currently doing. A vein on Grimply's forehead starts to bulge, before he snaps.

"Yer fackin' useless scrunts! What's tha matta with yer? Wes gots ta raid tha humie village! Yer fackin fackers needs ta get off yer arses right now!"

All that this outburst earns him, are a few confused looks and a thrown old boot that grazes his head. He turns to the sky and yells "Oh mighty scruntfather! Give me tha strength ta deal with these fackin' scrunts!"

And the scruntfather answers.

But not by giving Grimply the strength to deal with his horrible peers. No, that is a task Grimply has to overcome on his own. But the scruntfather whispers a word of warning to Grimply. A warning about this humie village.

Confused by this turn of events, his beady litle eyes dart around, and then it hits him. There are no humies to be seen anywhere, and the whole place is very quiet. Much too quiet. Something isn't right here, but Grimply can't say what. He needs to find out though, because as much as he currently hates the other scrunts, they are also his flock. The scruntfather told him to guide them to the slam sector, so he can't just let them run into something dangerous. He peers at the humie village, which is still empty and quiet and maybe even has some eery fog wobbling from it, and spots a crack in the wall around the village. That crack seems like it's just wide enough for a scrunt to wiggle through. Grimply now knows what he has to do, and luckily realizes that he probably shouldn't go all on his own. He bends back over the open hatch, and points at Urok.

"Oi laddie! Yer look like yer could handle yerself in a foight. Get on yer feet and come wit' me! We gots to figure out what's up wit' this weird humie village. Because something isn't roight 'ere."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) against (47) for my stealth roll to not get eaten by genestealerdemons of nurgle

lmao I swear I din't scumm this roll I'm the Solid Snake scrunt

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 16, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, behind the gate, hidden in a tactical trash can

Grimply is quite happy that there are indeed vehicles in the humie village. He would have been in a bit of trouble if there was nothing good to be found here. The muffling and shufling from the red house is worriyng, and he's not keen on finding out what's causing it with only Urok by his side. His eyes fall on the bolts that hold the humie gate, and he figures that the others can probably just smash through it. He carefully lifts the tactical trash can a bit(which has a rusty hole in the ground so his feet stick out), and carefully shuffles towards the gate.

OOC: Gonna make my stealth roll right here, because its success influences what happens next

10 vs (47) lol why can't I get these rolls when I'm shooting stuff

He deftly evades stepping on an empty can, and also dodges a carelessly dropped space-banana peel on his way to the gate. Once there, he heaves himself on top of his tactical trash can, and peers at the bolts. The stupid humies didn't even lock them in place or anything, and he just uses his scrunt knife to slowly push them out of their holding. At one point he hears the muffling and shuffling increase and quickly drops back into his can, but nothing further happens and he finishes his work.

Now he only needs to signal the other scrunts that they can smash through the gate and should help out. He ponders this for a minute, while sitting in his tactical trash can. Then he rummages around under his ragged cloak, and produces a fire grenade and his auto pistol. Yes, that should be enough to get attention. He takes a peek out of his tactical trash can, and sees Urok shuffling along the red building with exaggerated and large steps, that somehow manage to be really drat quiet. Grimply is impressed, and when he sees the grenade in Urok's hand, realizes that he had the same idea as him.

"Roight laddie, that's tha way ta go. I'll get over to dis 'ere window, to take a peek and then giver yer tha signal to throw yer boomer. I hope tha othas get tha message."

------------------------------------------------------------
Right, I'll take a peek and will shoot through the window to get my grenade through. This is the signal for Urok, and both of us are the signal for the rest. I think that there are very few things that would stop me from throwing a fire grenade into the house. Like, if I spot a gaggle of puppy-eyed humie children that have been locked up I would reconsider, but if it's anything remotely hostile the poo poo is on. Also if the GM wants to be mean and reaction fire me in the face, please keep in mind that I have dodge.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, next to a window of the red house, jimmies rustled

Grimply does not like how his day went so far. The sneaky part with Urok was pretty cool, and he looked forward to getting the drop on a few humies, but what he saw inside the building was hosed up! There were humies, yes, but demon humies! Grimply never saw humies like that, but the lizard eyes that looked at him leave no doubt about their demon status. His first instict was to get the hell away, but the Scruntfather filled him with the strength to take another look inside the building. But he kinda wishes he didn't do that, because all he could see was a horde of crazed humies barreling towards him. He also noticed that the super demon humie with the weird arms and face did something really weird in the back, but that's just a side notice for him right now.

As he's ready to run and look for a new life, the scruntmera mashes through the gate and a horde of scrunts spill out with blazing guns and enthusiastic "SLAM SECTOR" cries. A huge amount of shots rip into the crazed humies that are coming towards him, and while he can't see the effect right away, it fills him with new confidence.

"Aye, tha scruntfather protects." he mutters while trading his pistol for his rifle, with the intent of checking out what's up with the super demon humie in the back.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Half action to trade pistol for rifle, and another to half turn aim at the germstealer

Let's hope your fire was enough to get all the chargers!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, next to a window of the red house, in the zone

Grimply peers through his scope at the weird demon humie. The crafty facker tries to scurry away to some cover, but Grimply's eagle eyes do not lose track of it. Which is quite the feat, if you consider all the explosions, laser blasts, smoke, and the shower of sticky gibs that washed over him when the mad humies got turned into a red mist mid charge. In some dark part of his brain, he reluctantly comes to terms with the thought that he may has to clean himself when this is over. But presently, Grimply sees the demon humie rear its head, and shoots it square in the mouth. The recoil of his rifle knocks the scope against his eye, and his vision is impaired for a moment so he can't see what his shot accomplished. But while cursing about his watery eye, Grimply's good eye notices some humies near the big demon with large metal tubes.

"Fack! These gits 'ave rokkits!"

Grimply drops the ground, clutches his holy book and mutters "Tha scruntfather protects?"

-----------------
Full turn action for a called shot to the Jellystealers head

6 vs [85(45+10+10+10+10)] holy gently caress my rolls are on fire (I assume the stealer is in short range, of not reduce by -10)

Damage to the head 21+3 Energy

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 40 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling)

Also lol at quick scruntin while my family arrives for dinner and presents

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, next to a sizzling window

Grimply is confused by the frizzling sounds coming from the window above him, and when he looks up, he's greeted by shower of wooden splinters. They slowly trickle down on his face, and since he's still covered in humie gore, they stick and give it another layer of coating. The dreaded thought of needing to clean himself becomes even more prevalent.

"Tha fack is goin' on 'ere?" he wonders, and hefts his rifle over the window frame again.

With a quick flip of the zoom wheel, he centers on the demon humie to check what his shot accomplished. But to his anger, the demon seems to be fine, aside from a little penis shaped mark on his head. This demon must be protected by some strong magic! How could it stand up to the fury of the scruntfather otherwise? But Grimply doesn't really have the time to follow that thought, because his attention shifts as the scruntmera barrels through the wall, and a shower of rockcrete and rockits dominate his field of view.

"That's tha way tha go Groin! Smash da humies in the name of tha scruntfather!"

But Grimply's excitement gets cut short, when he sees the rockit humies grab more rockits and aim them at the scruntmera. He also told Flet to stay in the wheelybox before this whole thing started! As weird and hosed up as that little scrunt is, he's Grimply's weird and hosed up little scrunt.

"Oh 'oly scruntfather, thee aret in tha Slam Sector, give me tha might to save me flock!

-----------------------------------------
Half turn aim and a shot on the PDF squad with the hope to kill a rockit humie

36 vs 95 ( 45+10+10+10+10+10)

25+3 Energy

Curse the yeestealer for being dodgy, such nice shots wasted on mooks

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 40 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling(1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 2, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

Grimply, not that it particularly matters with so many DoS, but could you gimme a breakdown of your bonuses for that shot?

45 base

+10 from single shot action

+10 from half turn aim

+10 from accurate

+10 from my red dot

+10 from short range

It's kinda broken but I think that's right

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, next to a sizzling window

Grimply is relived when the wheelybox escapes the humie rockits, but is worried again when he sees the demon humie charge after it! However he cannot track it through his scope, eventhough its cry of YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE! gives him a very good idea of where it ended up. There are a lot of other scrunts outside though, so they can probably hold it off until he can join them to banish this foul demon once and for all. But just to be sure, he sends a quick prayer to the scruntfather.

"Me lord, who 'as delivered us this far, keep ya 'and over yer servants and ward off tha demons!"

He swings his scope back through the wrecked building, and sees Urok embroiled in a bloody melee, but the corpses around his feet give Grimply the impression that he got it under control. Another sweep with his scope makes him catch a humie that peeks over the boxes around the humie altar. His eyes look weird, but Grimply can see the fear in them.

"Roight laddie, you won't git anotha rockit off. Come on, jus' peek one more time" he mumbles

Half turn aim and a shot on the last rockit humie

(81) vs 95 ( 45+10+10+10+10+10)

8+3 Energy

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 40 / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling(1))

Welp my string of super good rolls had to end sometime

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 7, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, next to a previously sizzling window

Grimply grinds his teeth, because the damned humie ducked back into cover fast enough to only get grazed by his last shot. He does his best to keep his rifle steady while his little body trembles with rage, and squints his eye really hard while peering through his scope. For a moment, he sees the top end of a metal tube appear over the boxes, and then the humie comes back up and Grimply realizes that metal tube is another rockit! He flicks the little red switch that Scurrilous cobbled to his optic to zoom in even more, but his rifle only starts to hum very loudly.

"Yer damned facker! I swear in tha eyes of tha scruntfather that yer ain't gettin anotha rockit off!"

Half turn aim and a shot on the last rockit humie again, also I set my rifle to overload mode

94 vs 95 ( 45+10+10+10+10+10)

FATE POINT MOTHERFUCKER I SWORE A HOLY OATH

20 vs 95 ( 45+10+10+10+10+10)

19+5 Energy with +2 Pen from overload

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 11, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, checking the scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCA5n2S3FLw

After the last shots ring out, a soothing silence sinks over the runied farm, and Grimply deems it safe enough to peek through the window again. The wrecked inside of the chapel shows no movement, except for Urok and Gumbo who play ball with a severed humie head. Right as rain to Grimply. He sinks back down and and puts his hands on his face. Real demons! He saw and fought real demons! The scruntfather watched over him and his flock today. Yes, he gave them the strength to destroy the demon! Wait, why do my hands feel so sticky?, he wonders. Oh right, the humie gore in his face. He should probably clean that up. Can't be standing in the eyes of the scruntfather looking like that! His beady eyes dart around, and fix on a groady barrel with some green stuff growing on the sides. He grabs his tactical trash can from before, and uses it to scamper up the barrel. It holds what could be water, but it looks all murky and swampy. Perfect! Grimply bends over to wash his face, but the trashcan isn't placed very firm and rolls away from under his feet. Now he's hanging with his face in the barrel, and his little legs flap in the air.

"Nay nay nay!"

Of course he falls inside, because gravity is treacherous.

"Bleerg*'elp*gasp*I'm drowning*blargl"

"I'm coming!!" is all that Grimply can hear between the murky water drowning out his cries. Who would have guessed that scrunts usually can't swim?

Grimply claws his way back to the surface to gasp for air, but it's a fuitle battle and he sinks back down. A shadowy face appears over the murky surface, and stretches out a hand to him. Finally! The scruntfather came to take Grimply! Depsite drowning, he is happy because his last actions must have granted him entry to the holy slam sector. But then his world moves again, as the barrel tips over and spills him out on the ground in a wave of swampy water.

"Cough*Blergh*Fack*urgh*I was*cough*so* so close"

"Mastah! Are yer alright? Yer wet!" Why are yer wet?I came ta save yer! Yer alright, right? I did good. But yer wet. Why would yer get wet? We killed all tha humies! Yer pretty wet. But I did good, roight?"

Grimply focusses enough to recognize that it was Flet who got him out of the barrel. And now the little scrunt looks at him with an eager glance in his puppy-eyes.

"Errr...*cough* Roight, good lad...I'm..I'm good...I jus..I jus wanned ta clean..clean mah face"

"Tha's a good idea! But why did yer go into tha barrel? Now yer all wet! Uhm, we killed tha humies! Yer shud come ova to tha whellybox and look! It was fun in tha wheelybox! Err, why are yer so wet?"

"It's roight, lad...It's all roight. Yer go over to tha box..I'll...I'll come inna second."

Flet gives Grimply a big buck-toothed smile, and darts off. Grimply himself, slowly gets up and shakes his body to get rid of some of the wetness. Which of course accomplishes very little. Now he sorta looks like a wet dog, and smells like a dead wet dog, but the scruntfather says to take things like they come. He makes his way over to the wheelybox, which is surrounded by a gaggle of excited scrunts. The wheelybox looks a lot more damaged then before, but its engine is still going so it must be alright. Through a hole in the hull, Grimply sees Scurrilous already hammering away at things.

"Oi, Scurr! Yer can fix it up roight? Well, yer might wanna look at tha house over dere. I saw some humie things innit, probably traktoars that yer can use."

Before Scurr can respond, Grimply's attention is caught by the smouldering corpse of the yeestealer that is currently being fondled by Murdelia.

"Oi laddie!...nah wait that doesn't sound roight..Oi laddes! Yer want ta be mighty careful thare. This is a demon! Tha scruntfather brought us 'ere to destroy it not ta touch it! We shoud let Urok burn it with 'is flamey gun!"

Murderlia gives him a confused look, and before she can respond, a strange voice crackles out of the wheelybox

"Duuuudde... no waayyyyy... they KILLED it....

"Ermm...Yer heard that too, roight?"

--------------------------------------------------
I'm ready to do social things to the voice if needed. I also collect my grappling hook from Urok at some point. I said that I want to scout the farm for treasure, but I guess that can be done after the voice is handled.

Oh, and if there is some form of "social combat", I want to fight with Murdelia to see if she can fondle the corpse or if we burn it right away because deeeemoooonnn

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 14, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the scruntmera radio

Grimply likes the thought of getting rid of the foul demon before it can corrupt his scrunt flock, and getting some good bitz for it is just a plus for him. However, he also knows that humies are crafty and generally can't be trusted. Maybe they want to make more demons? Maybe they will only send some empty boxes after they got what they want? Or maybe they want to play a prank on him and smuggle the head of the demon into his bed tonight? You just can't know with humies! Grimply doesn't trust this and flexes his mistreated brain to find a solution. Wait! Didn't he talk to some other humies before? Mabye. He dimly remembers something along those lines. Did he imagine it? Maybe. Probably. Not sure. Crippled with doubt about his own memory, Grimply turns to the one thing that he can always rely on, and makes a little prayer to the scruntfather.

"Glory be to tha Father and to tha Scrunt and to tha Slam Sector, as it was in tha beginnin, is now and ever shall be, Slam without end. Scrunt."

Grimply's call is answered, and the whispers of the scruntfather tell him what he did it last time. It seems as the father is pleased, and thinks Grimply can now handle such things without him taking control. Grimply mutters a quiet prayer of thanks, and then takes the speaker of the scruntmera radio.

"Armsmaster Valerius, come in. This is *argh* sergeant Hardchest speaking. State your affiliation *unf* and operation clearance for this sector right..right now! If your answers don't please me, sonny, I may...*argh* I may have to report this to my superiors who then will have a talk with yours. *urgh* Over?"

I'm using the voice of the late PDF sarge and deceive to maybe wrestle a bit of info out of the stoner bro, because why not?

6 vs 42 Fellowship

My lies are impeccable

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 22, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the scruntmera radio

"Alright, bro, we're gonna send down some poo poo for you. My guys'll be down in twenty - urp - thirty minutes to come pick up the body. Need to prep it for teleport. Wish we coulda grabbed it when it was moving, but apparently at this range that woulda resulted in thin xenos soup, so, y'know. Cool."

"Uhm, yeah..cool...bro. .*unf* I was jus' joking about the rank thing, wanted to see..to see if you still remember me. Hehe..*argh* Tha beast got me good..need to get fixed first...*unf* I'll...I'll send some of the smaller ogre-ins to drag...*uh* drag the body out on the road..yer can take it from..from thare...It's better to not come in..in here. Those ogre-ins are jumpy....*argh* Oh...and some toime off sounds nice. I'll...I'll get back to yer on that. *orgh* Over."

Grimply can't shake the feeling that he came real close to being discovered. Maybe he should brush up his humie talk a bit? He ponders this while he waddles out of the scruntmera. Outside, he sees a few scrunts in ragged overalls excitedly prod some of the humie farming tools. The space humie said something about weed, which sounds like something that can be grown, so Grimply figures he should let the agri scrunts know. But before he waddles up to them, he pats his pockets for his holy book and discovers that it's not there. Oh right, he gave it to Flet earlier. But something else is missing too, his Grapling Hook! Oh wait, he gave that to Urok.

"Flet! Grimply bellows which is answered by an excited "Yes mastah!" as the little scrunt pops out of a pile of leaves and rubbish. "There yer are lad! I 'ope yer took good care of me book."

Flet pulls out the worn book and proudly presents it to Grimply. He snatches it and holds it real close to his face while he inspects it. Yes, it seems to be just as worn and stained as it was when he handed it to Flet. "Good lad! Now, do yer know where Urok is at?"

"Uhm..Urok?...err..tha scrunt with tha zappy gloves...uhm...Who's Urok?"

"Tha scrunt with tha zappy gloves!"

"Oh roight...erm..he went ovah into that humie house...I fink...uhm...Who's Urok?"

"It's roight lad. Now listan ta me, cause I got a task for yer. Yer go over ta Murdellia and tell 'er tha space 'umies will take tha demon corpse from tha road, roight? No sense in lettin em come in 'ere."

"Uhh..roight...corpse from tha road..got it...ehrm...Who's Murdellia?"

"Tha medi scrunt yer daft git! Now get goin' will yer!?" with a half hearted kick, Grimply sends Flet on his way.

He makes off towards the big humie house to find Urok and his grappling hook, and on his way he stops by the excited farmer scrunts.

"Oi lads! I see yer mighty keen on these 'ere 'umie tools. Well, I gots an idea for yer!"

85 vs 42 +10 Fellowship to motivate the agri scrunts which is a huge failure oh my god why

I previously said that I collected my hook, but I revoke that and use it as a reason to go over to Urok. Then we can chat about the scouting. I'm also going to pick up a scared farmer voice because it may come in handy for setting a trap

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 23, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the farm

Grimply intently listens to the humies, and picks his groady beard from time to time. When the humies stop talking, he turns to Urok.

"Ay laddie, we'll hunt. But thas for later we 'ave otha things ta do roight now."

Urok makes a grunt that Grimply can only interpret as "Yes", and then leaves the farm house to do whatever is on his mind. Grimply turns his attention back to the bound farmers. They seem a little less scared now that the blood stained feral creature is gone, but they are still tense because now they are confronted with a scrunt that smells like a wet carpet on a hot summer day, and occasionally mumbles "Ay me father."

"Roight! Yer lot now betta listan good. Ther be some otha 'umies on ther way 'ere. But dese are not friendly 'umies, no ther be not. Ther be space 'umies tha want ta kill us. And yer, if dey find yers in 'ere. So yer lot jus keep yer trap shut until dey be gone again, and than we can work summin out between us, roight? This be tha only option yer got, cause if tha 'umies get in 'ere and start shootin, yer done too, right?"

Grimply flashes his rugged little scrunt knife and makes a throat cutting motion while muttering things about the scruntfather

27 vs 42 to deceive the farmers and keep them quiet for now

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the farm
The first part of my post is back in time, but nothing should influence what already happened.

Grimply sinks back down below the window, after the space humies disapeared again. They must have some mighty magic, when they can just come and go as they please. Well, maybe it's for the best that they took the demon, because they looked like they could handle it. Come to think of it, those humies looked a lot more dangerous then other humies Grimply knows. He ponders this for a moment, but then gets disrupted by another humie matter that's actually very close to him.

"Are they gone? We are safe now right? Please let us go!" one of the humies pleads.

Grimply slowly turns around on the spot and gives the humie a silent stare before answering.

"Well, yer lads did roight, tha's for sure." he falls silent again, and makes some absent minded stabbing motions with his knife. It seems like he doesn't even realize this, while he thinks about what to do with the humies. The scruntfather would probably like to see them dead, but currently Grimply does not hear anything from him. He's probably busy in the Slam Sector.

"Roight! Lemme...uhh...Lemme go an' talk to me sarge, 'e'll sort this out don't yer worry. FLET!"

"Yes mastah!" the excited scrunt answers and pops out of a cardboard box in the corner of the room.

"drat it, lad! Stop crawling inta things all tha time. Wait..wa's that in yer hand?"

"Some shiny 'umie thing! I found it. It's mine. It was in tha box. Tha's where I found it. It's mine. I found a shiny 'umie thing. In tha box."

"Right, lad. Tha's nice for yer but now I need yer to focus on what I'm saying! I'll need ta go and talk to tha sarge, so yer gonna keep yer eye on tha 'umies till I'm back, right?"

"Keep me eye on them! Right!" Flet replies. He turns to the captives, puts the shiny humie thing(which actually turns out to be an old monocular) to his face and yells "I got me eye on yer, 'umie!"

Grimply sighs, and then waddles off towards the barn where the sarge went to. On his way, he passes by some aimless scrunts, and gives out a few blessings and encouraging words about the Slam Sector. Two of the smaller scruntlings seem to quarrel over a small case, and Grimply decides to check what's up with that.

"Oi, lads! Wha's going on 'ere then?"

"That facker wans ta steal me case!"

"No! Yer tha facker and tha's me case!"

The two scruntlings get into a scuffle, and the case falls to the ground and pops open. Grimply immediately spots the scope and rifle parts and grabs the case himself.

"Stop yer fackin'! This be much ta dangerous for little scruntlings like yer. I...uhm...I just will 'old on ta this fer now."

The two scruntlings look very disapointed, but Grimply speaks to the scruntfather so they respect him and obey. Though, a keen ear can pick up a quiet "Yer facker" on the wind while Grimply walks away.

Eventually he reaches the barn, and opens the door. "Oi lads, what we're gonna...."

What he sees makes him stop mid-sentence and can only be described as odd, even by scrunt standards. Gumbo and Grumb stand around, while a horde of scrunts peer at Grimply from inside the barn. Kreb is also there, with a knife drawn, standing in front of a puddle of sizzling puke on the ground and a fruity looking scrunt in a cage. Grimply takes exactly ten seconds to evaluate the scene, and then slowly walks backwards out of the barn.

"I don't even wanna know what tha fack that was."

Well, the humie problem still stands, but then again it's getting late and Grimply kinda has seen enough poo poo for one day. The humie problem can be dealt with tomorrow he figures. All he really wants now, is to get some grub and then take a nap. So he waddles off to make that happen.
-----------------------------

Aight, and now we join our current time line again

----------------------------

Grimply opens his eyes and finds that the sky above him seems to have changed. It's not blue like before, but colored in a pretty yellow and dotted with black smoke clouds. The ground below him also isn't gross and green anymore, but muddy and covered in trash, scrap and slimey mushrooms. Why, there even is a plump rat skittering around. Grimply wonders what happened, and rubs his head in confusion. Then a booming voice calls out to him.

"GRIMPLY. LOOK UPON ME AND LISTAN ME FAITHFULL SERVANT."

Grimply is overwhelmed when he sees the scruntfather appear in the sky. Tears of joy run from his beady eyes. Finally, his time to ascend has come!

"NO ME SON, YER TIME HAS NOT COME YET. I COME TA WARN YER ABOUT GREAT DANGER. YER SERVANT NEEDS YER 'ELP. YER NEED TA WAKE UP NOW."

"But me father...I...I don't understand...I.."

"YER WILL ME SON. AND NOW YER NEED TA GO."

"No! Please! I want ta.." but before Grimply can finish his sentence the world around him turns dark and he falls through a black void. With a loud scream he wakes up and finds himself in the cozy pile of rags he picked as his bed. It's still dark, and Grimply battles the confusion about what just happened to him. The father, yes. He wanted to warn him about something. Grimply doesn't need to ponder this for long, because there are yelling scrunts and general commotion around him. He gets up, straightens himself and grabs one of the yelling scrunts by the collar.

"What's all tha ruckus about then!?"

"Tha 'umies took off! They knocked out some of us and fleed!"

"What?! Those damned fackers I knew they can't be trusted! Where is Flet?"

"Err, who's that?"

"Tha scrunt I left with tha 'umies. Small lad. Always 'appy and very stupid. 'as a shiny 'umie trinket."

"Oh yer mean tha scrunt that they took with em?"

"THA WHAT!?"

31 vs 53 perception to track the humies and go on a short side adventure to save Flet and kill them all

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply & Urok, the wylde hunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ftwHWw7uZA

Grimply is seething with rage over the treacherous humies. He even thought about being nice to them! Just goes to show that you can't trust the drat fackers farther than you can throw em. Which isn't very far, by scrunt standards. And they even were so dastardly to abduct Flet! The poor little Flet. Granted, Flet is stupid and often annoys Grimply, but dammit, he's Grimply's little stupid and annoying friend! They went through a lot of stuff together, and one day Flet will follow in Grimply's footsteps, and become a prophet of the father! Praise be to the father for his warning.

Grimply easily finds the tracks left by the humies. A chain of knocked out scrunts and perfectly good trash that has been scattered instead of piled leads to the wall behind the chapel, and a worn rope is dangling from it. That's how the fackers got out! Grimply needs to act fast if he wants to catch up to them. But there also were several humies, and he probably can't take them all on his own. He turns around to look for a scrunt that can help him out, and almost bumps into Urok. The scrunt has been standing behind him, heavily breathing and with a wicked grin on his face. Grimply didn't even notice that he was there, so maybe Urok picked up some tricks from their sneaking adventure? Right, he'll do.

"Oi lad, yer wanted ta 'unt with me, roight? Well, now is yer chance ta 'unt some 'umies!"

Urok gives him a quick nod, and proudly raises his chain adorned fist and his new axe while letting out a feral howl.

"That'll do, lad. That'll do."

Grimply races outside of the broken gate, and over to where the humies scaled the wall. Their tracks are again easy to find. They dashed over the open field, and left a lot of footprints. Grimply would guess that the group is something between six or eight humies strong. Good thing that Urok is there to back him up. He continues to dash along the trail, Urok in tow, and their hunt leads them towards the dark forest at the edge of the fields. Tracking the humies in here could be tough, but Grimply is relieved to see that the humies just forced their way through the thick shrubbery and trees. The vegetation is dense, and it will probably slow them down. This is not so much a problem for the two scrunts, since they are small enough to just stay below the branches and wiggle past the shrubs. A place like this is bound to have animals too, maybe even dangerous ones. A group of fleeing humies will easily attract them, whereas two silent scrunts aren't likely to do the same. And just as Grimply finishes the thought, he picks up the faint smell of blood in the wind. Urok seems to do too, as he licks his crusty lips and mutters "Meat"

The duo quickly locates the source of the smell. A humie is lying on the ground, and a strange little creature is diggin into his flesh. It's mostly made up from a large mouth filled with sharp teeth, and could pass for a scrunt if it would have some hair on it. The creature notices the two scrunts, and hisses at them to defend its prey. But Urok hisses even harder and waves his axe at the thing, which makes it consider its chances against the two newcomers. It is smart enough to withdraw, but still gives them a petulant hiss on the way. Grimply quickly checks the humie, but aside from his ragged clothes and huge bite wounds, he finds nothing on him. Urok takes this moment of rest and uses the fresh blood to paint his face with some scrunty tribal markings. Judging by the dead humie, it seems like they did not take any weapons when they escaped. Grimply smiles, this might be easier than he thought. He beckons Urok to stay close and both dive deeper into the dark forest.

Maximus Haslinger, on the run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNmHTb8K95k

Maximus' life had recently turned into a small bubbling pot of terror. He was a simple farmer not too long ago, but then everything went to poo poo. First some strange creatures took over his farm, and then his friends too. He won't ever forget the fear he felt when he found himself bound and gagged, while watching his former friends being taken over by these...these things. He has no idea what creatures they were, but most likely some xenos. He already had given up any hope, and then someone else started to attack the farm and the strange creatures. This was the only good thing that happened to him in a while, but it also turned out to be bad because the attackers were not what he hoped for. Instead of PDF troops, they turned out to be weird little creatures that reminded him of Ogryns. But a lot smaller and even smellier, a thing he never thought to be possible. At first it looked like the creatures would set them free, but the prospects darkened as one of them asked them strange questions and threatened them. The creature was covered in gore, and Maximus expected to die soon. But for some reason the creatures just left him and the others tied up, with no real care about them. Maximus couldn't handle the fear anymore, and took the chance for escape when it presented himself to him. It was a blessing that these creatures weren't very smart.

"Max! We need to rest for a moment! Lionus' leg can't take it anymore! We need to do something for him!"

Max turned around to Balthazar, the old foreman who was supporting Lionus. He fell over a root while they dashed through the forest, and broke his leg.

"poo poo, Balthazar, I know! But we can't stop! You saw what happened to Milan when we stopped! That thing just jumped him out of nowhere and bit him almost in half!"

"Yeah! But what should we do? We can't just leave Lionus here!"

"It's..urgh...it's okay...I can..I can take it..my leg is...fine"

It pains Maximus as he watches while Lionus tries to stand on his obviously broken leg. Maximus knows that it's futile, and when Lionus falls to the ground with a loud yell, he knows it too.

"Max! We need to make a splint for him and catch our breath! Holy poo poo, we can't keep this up!"

"Shut up, Balthazar! Shut up! I can't think like this! I need to think!"

"This is a fun trip. Yer good friends, roight? We'll be 'avin lots more games togetha. It's fun. We're friends now, roight?"

"Dammit, Ellyn, make that little thing shut up! I can't think like this! I can't think!"

"gently caress you, Max! Why do I even have to carry this thing? It smells horrible! Why did we take it with us in the first place?"

"Don't be so stupid, Ellyn! If those other creatures follow us, we have a hostage! And even if they don't, we need to show this thing to the army. They have to know what's going on here!"

"Yay! I'm going ta meet tha army! Thas fun, roight? I bet it's fun. Who's tha army?"

"Dammit make it shut up, make it shut up! I need to think!"

"Max, you need to calm down, son. I know it looks bad, okay? But we can do this! We just have to fix Lio's leg and then..."

But Maximus never hears the rest of Balthazar sentence, as a bright green lasbolt punches through the gut of the old man, and travels onward into the face of Drusus. He had just sat down while the others argued. The world around Maximus seems to slow down, and he can see what happens in great detail. Balthazar's guts that trickle out of the hole in his belly, and Drusus' brain that has been laid open as the lasbolt rips his skull apart. Maximus can't help them, he can't even help himself anymore. All he can do, is scream.

Grimply & Urok, the wyldest hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZAx_OvKpM

Grimply moves his scope and tries to find another target in the darkness, the standing humie was easy enough to see. But the forest makes it hard for him to place his next shot, and so he yells down at Urok from his tree.

"Git thar 'umies, lad!"

Urok bolts off like a tiny cannonball. Only with more hissing and sharp edges. He leaps over roots and tree stumps, and hefts himself up on to a medium branch before lunging towards all the screaming. He flies through the dark forest, leaves and small branches scratching against his face. When the foliage opens up, he lands fist first in the face of a scared but surprised humie. With a beautiful crunch, he breaks the skull of the humie and his momentum carries him towards the next one. Urok tumbles against him, but is quickly back on his feet and smashes his axe into the sternum of the humie before he can get back up again. The screaming intensifies, but it's just what Urok needs to fuel himself. He spins around and leaps at another humie that desperately waves his hands in front of himself. Stupid humie, Urok thinks, you can't block an axe with your hands! Splinters of bone and splatters of gore shower Urok while he dispatches the humie, and in a matter of seconds, he surveys the scene around him. One humie is sitting on the ground and seems to be crying, another one is standing and holds a tiny hosed up knife against another scrunt, and a third one is just screaming and about to run away. Urok throws his axe after the runner, and then advances on the humie with the knife. It seems to scream things at Urok and waves the knife around, but Urok is much too hyped to care. He raises his shock gloves and lets out a mighty howl! But just as he's about to lunge at the humie, a lasbolt rips through the trees and obliterates the skull of his prey. The other scrunt tumbles to the ground, but Urok does not care. He was robbed of his kill! But through the haze of rage he hears a strange sound. Crying? Oh right. There was another humie left. Urok turns to the pitiful creature, licks his lips, and then leaps.

Grimply climbs down from his tree, and waddles over to where all the ruckus was at. Urok must have done some good work, judging by all the screaming. He pushes through the foliage, into a scene of gore. Several dead humies litter the ground, and Urok is halfway up a tree, while he's trying to pull his axe from it. Grimply takes a quick look around, and sees Flet off to the side playing with some sticks. Before he can waddle over to him, Urok speaks up.

"One escaped. Tha meat ran."

Grimply wants to answer, but suddenly a high pitched scream echoes through the dark forest, and then everything falls silent.

"Well, seems like we ain 'ave ta worry about that one anymore, roight?" Urok nods, and then proceeds to look for a proper hunting trophy. One of these skulls must be still intact.

Grimply moves over to Flet, and checks on him.

"Flet me boy! Are yer alright? Tha 'umies didn't 'urt ya, did they?"

"Oh, mastah! Fancy seein' you 'ere. I'm good! Me and tha 'umies wanted ta play a game! We 'ad fun! Me and tha 'umies. I'm okay. But tha 'umies don't seem ta be. What 'appened?"

"It's roight, me boy. Don't ya worry about nuthin. We 'ave ta get back 'ome now, roight?"

"Okay! I'll just say bye ta me 'umie friends. Bye, 'umie friends!"

Grimply sighs, and then looks for Urok. He is still working on a humie corpse, and it looks like he's getting himself a skull of it. That's fine with Grimply, and so he doesn't interrupt.

"Now, Flet. Yer gotta tells me what 'append with tha 'umies. How did they escape?"

"Uhh..I dunno...tha 'umies said we could play a fun game togetha...Uhhm..All I 'ad ta do was ta cut one of them free an give 'im me knife for tha game...but uuh..then 'e cut tha other 'umies free too....Which was fine with me..more players for tha fun game, roight? But then 'e punched me and we all ran off..that wasn't so fun at first...but later it got fun again!"

Grimply stands there, stone-faced, and then springs into action "FLET YER DUMB LITTLE PIECE OF FACK I'M GONNA KNOCK YER!!". But as Grimply storms forward, the little scrunt cowers and gives him a confused look. Maybe it's the father speaking to him, or maybe it's genuine compassion, but Grimply stops and decides to let it go. It was enough for one night. "It's right, lad. It's...It's all right." he mutters.

Urok joins the duo, with a fresh new skull on top of his head. "We done? Back home?"

"Yes, lads. We're done. But Flet, I think yer need some teaching. 'umies can't be trusted! Yer need ta learn that. Wait...I think there is a song about it in me book...lemme look for it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwdm3eC8FKg

----------------------------------------------
Yes, Grimply goes Disney and sings an educational tune on the way back. You are free to picture the whole thing in your head

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 20, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the scrunt bro down

Grimply had a fairly restful night. He usually doesn't sleep so well, but after his wild humie hunt, he slept deep like a fresh scruntling. The following day didn't present him with very much to do, so he made his rounds through the scrunt camp, giving out blessings and preaching about the Slam Sector, while Flet had to polish their guns as punishment for letting the humies trick him. However, while making his rounds he also caught some scrunt chatter about what was going on. Seems like there will be another raid soon. Didn't the space humies say something about fuel trucks? Yeah, those could be handy. Some of the scrunts also talk about how this one smart scrunt is checkin all the maps and planning the raid. Grimply likes maps and decides to check that out.

In the ruined farmhouse, Grimply finds a scrunt that he never saw before. That scrunt is peering intently at the maps before him, while scratching his dashing hat and muttering things like "That bunka is good" or "We's needs ta come from 'ere" and "Fack".

Grimply is always wary around new faces, but slowly shuffles up to the scrunt and peers at the maps too. He carefully places the bowl of hot stew he brought with him on the floor, and then introduces himself.

"Oi laddie! Yer a new face 'round 'ere. Nevah seen ya before, but as the father says, yer don't know a scrunt till yer a saw 'im. Now, these 'ere maps look mighty good. It's fer oua next raid, roight? Yer marked that bunka there, so I guess thas what we use, roight? Well, 'ow about tha trees over 'ere. Can't fit tha wheelybox inna bunka, but trees will do!"

Grimply gives him an encouraging look, and while the new scrunt is reserved at first, he eventually opens up ad agrees on the forest being a good idea. The new scrunt introduces himself as Yurik, and Grimply and he spend some time and disuss the maps and plans for the next raid. Grimply even offers Yurik some stew, since he seems like a good lad.

Eventually, Grimply leaves Yurik and wanders through the camp again. He ponders to check up on Flet, but then somebody calls out to him.

"Oi yer lollygagger! Yer want some smoke an' drink? This is good smoke an' drink!"

It's Scurrilous, who is having some smoke and drink with a few other scrunts. And since Grimply has nothing better to do, he joins them. The smoke and drink is actually pretty good, and Grimply entertains the other scrunts with the story of how he and Urok hunted twenty humies last night. Of course he's exaggerating his story a bit, but nobody seems to notice or mind, and everyone is having a good laugh about the weak humies.

Eventually Barry comes around, with the other Barry in tow. Grimply finished his story already, so nobody really notices that he seems to get a little tense. Not only because of the humie, but also because he still remembers Barry's and Grumb's theft of his stew before they got on the humie ships. He guards his smoke and drink carefully.

Then a random techno scrunt passes the group, and shouts "'lo Barry! Oi see ya found the humee that was talkin' ta Flet bout loosin' them other humies then?"

Grimply processes this information, and splurts out his drink that he was currently...well, drinking. His senses for humie treachery are still hot from last night's adventure, so he drops his smoke and drink, pulls out his scrunt knife and jumps on Barry V2.

"Yer facking 'umie! I knew yer was in on it! I knew it!"
Grimply wants to intimidate Barry Mk2 into confessing his treachery. I'm not sure what to roll since it's ambigous on the sheet. Can you please do it for me GM? And then also tell me what stat to use for it in the future :h:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 9, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, the scrunt bro down

Grimply eyes Barry V2 with menace, and is ready to cut his throat. But none of his scrunt bros have backed him up so far, and Yurik even stood up for the humie. Previously, Grimply thought that Yurik is nice but that humie lover attitude makes him a little suspicous. And Barry is here too. He'll probably tell Grumb if Grimply kills the humie, and he does not want to get beat up by a bigger scrunt. While grinding his teeth in rage, he shouts "Yer fackin 'umie! I got me eye on yer! One more fack from you and I'll...I'll....HIIIISSSSS", before running away to sulk.

He pushes his way through the scrunt camp, and let's out some of his anger on smaller scrunts that he pushes a little harder than necessary. His mind races as the tries to figure out how to get back at that stinking humie, but then somebody calls out to him. It turns out to be Murdelia. Grimply wanders over to her, but before he can ask her what she wants, his world goes dark.

A good hour later, Grimply wakes up behind a dumpster and is confused. Didn't he just talk to Murdelia? Wasn't he angry about something? Why does he wear this strangely well fitting black suit with shiny stones on it? And most importtantly, who undressed him to fit the suit under his clothes? A lot of questions collide in his worn brain, and his psychosis rears up to save it from melting. He had similar things happen to him before. Passing out only to awaken in another spot is nothing new to him. The father probably needed him as a vessel for something important. Yeah, that sounds right. Grimply usually can't remember when the father acts through him, so that must be the case here too. Satisfied with his logic, Grimply scampers up from behind the dumpster, and waddles back through the scrunt camp. A heated argument catches his ear.

"Now look yer git, this ain't tha propa scrunt way! This is 'umie stuff! We wanna go back to da 'oles and scrunt like our fathas did, yes we do!"

A group of scrunts stands behind the speaker, and he currently yells at some other scrunts that are in the process of making the farm more scrunty. Grimply walks over, and buds in.

"Roight, tha fack are yer going on about then?"

"These fackers tryin ta live in tha 'umie 'ouses, while there be perfectly good ground back at the Slam Site ta dig good holes in. Me fatha lived in a 'ole, and 'is did too! If 'oles were good enough for them, then they be fackin good enough for me!"

Grimply ponders this for a minute. While it's true that old tales talk about the great scrunt holes of the past, this planet puts them in another situation. The old ways, as good as they were, may not be the best option here.

"Roight, mate. I'll get what yer sayin, but yer gotta go with tha times, roight? A good 'ole is proper for tha Slam, but this aint be tha Slam. Not yet. This still be a 'umie place fer now. And what do 'umies 'ave? Lots of guns and wheelyboxes! They'll just ride all over us if we jus git in tha ground. We needs ta stay 'ere, to throw tha 'umies back if they come for us! But mate, if you really want ta, yer can make some 'oles over there in tha corner. Then I can send tha scruntlings over and yer can tell them about tha old ways, roight?"

The speaker seems to calm down, and thinks about what Grimply just told him. "Well...I guess I could..."

That's good enough for Grimply, so he wanders off and his way leads him to the other scrunts that currently discuss strategy over the maps. He gives them a brusk nod, and then listens to their plan. However, he can't do that for very long, because Pernicious Kreb comes running around a corner, screaming incredibly loudly and jabbing a finger at his own open mouth. Kreb pushes through the circle of scrunts, and Grimply realizes that he's aiming for him!

"Yer wot, mate?!"
41 vs 42+10 fellowship to convince the trad scrunts to not be retards

19 vs 47 Agility to dodge Kreb and keep my biomass

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 13, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on top of the scruntmera

Just like last time, Grimply used his magboots to ride on top of the scruntmera. Unlike last time though, he didn't do it for fun and a fresh breeze under his coat. No, he did it because he does not want to be in a cramped wheelybox with Grumb and his dumb stinking humie. Kreb also acted weird so that's another reason for not being inside the scruntmera. And with Yurik's recent humie loving, Grimply gets the feeling that the other scrunts could be turning against him. Maybe they are jealous because he speaks to the father? Maybe. In any case, he has to be on his guard from now.

When the scruntmera comes to a rumbling stop, the scrunts spill out and either mill about or start to gather around Yurik who seems to be yelling about things. With his new attitude of mild paranoia, Grimply does not feel like being close to the scrunt gathering, and rather orders Flet to attend it so that he can tell him what's up later.

Grimply quickly surveys the ambush site, and decides to climb up on the crags. He likes being up on things and also not being close to the scrunts that possibly plan to murder him. But while he waddles over, he notices that Grumb also aims for the crags. With a silent hisss, Grimply picks the side of the crags that Grumb is not going for. With a swift motion, Grimply pulls out his grappling hook, and easily scampers up the rugged crag. While doing that, he glances over at Grumb to make sure that he is not coming over to his side, and has a hearty laugh when he sees the big scrunt tumble down halfway during his climb. It seems like the scruntfather is in a good mood today.

Up on the crag, Grimply surveys the area. Lots of ground around them, and Grimply can spot several plumes of smoke in the distance. It seems like they are moving towards their ambush, which may be good or bad. Not sure about that right now.

"Mastah! Mastah!" yells Flet from the ground.

"Whas goin' on, lad?"

"Tha new scrunt is tellin everyone about tha ambush an..."

"Whassat? I can't 'ear yer roight from down there! Get yer arse up 'ere!"

Flet promptly scrambles for the crag, and despite his enthusiasm, he quickly falls after climbing a few steps.

"Argh! Yer not doing it roight! Wait...'ere, yer can have me climby tool."

Flet looks very happy after Grimply said that, and his expression doesn't change when the grappling hook bonks off from his head.

20 vs 47+30 to climb the crags like a pro

39 vs 53+10(Heightened Senses) perception test to scout the smoke plumes with Flet's monocular, any info gained will be shouted down to the rest by Grimply's booming preaching voice

Also, I've told Flet to load my new rifle with one of them big rounds(penetrator) and have it ready for me

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 20, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on top of the crags

Grimply intently peers through the small monocular, and what he sees agitates him. Humies! A lot of humies! Humie bikes! Humie racers! Humie stompas! And even humie wheelyboxes with cannons! That last thing is particularly dangerous, but Grimply is so busy with hissing and being angry at humies that he doesn't fully process it. And just for safety, he also takes a quick peek at Grumb to make sure that the scrunt hasn't come closer.

!!!!!!!

He knew it! Grumb is planning to kill him, and even tries to replace him as a scout! That crafty facker!

Grimply can't let that happen and has to come up with a fast solution. Well, since scrunt brains aren't known for cohesive logic, the only thing that he can muster is to report his findings faster than Grumb can do. And he does it in one loud burst.

"OILADSTHERBE'UMIESCOMMINWITHBIKESANRACERSANSTOMPASANBIGWHEELYBOXESTOO!!!"

Grimply flashes a smug look at Grumb, while the scrunts on the ground try to figure out what he just told them. Pleased with himself, Grimply takes to checking the state of his sniper rifle, and also makes sure that Flet did load the right bullets into the new rifle. Ah yes, he told him to load the big ones, and Flet did indeed load a big one. Since his weapons seem to be in order, Grimply surveys the scrunts below him. Everyone seems to be busy with preparations for the ambush except for the limo scrunts. They actually drive back and forth on the road while cheering. That's not ambushy at all! And no one seems to pay them any mind, so this could ruin everything!

Grimply jams his grappling hook into the rocky surface, and then quickly descends the rope back down to take care of this. He waddles up to the road and tries to get the attention of the limo scrunts while they drive past.

"Oi lads!"

"Wheeeeeeeee scruunt"

"Would yer stop it and listan ta me?!"

"Wheeeeeeeee slaaam"

"YER FACKIN GITS STOP YER SHITE RIGHT NOW OR BY THE FATHER I'LL SHOOT YEE"

Yelling at the top his lungs got the attention of the excited limo scrunts, and they come to a stop next to him.

"Roight! That's betta. Now yer scrunts listan ta me. What shite are yer doing 'ere? We're supposed to ambush the 'umies. Ever 'eard that word? A-M-B-U-S-H. That means ta jump out from 'iding an surprise em!"

"We suprise em by driving up on them! *Yeah* *Slam!*"

"Nay, nay, nay! That won't work. Tha 'umis just shoot all of us ta bits! Yer gotta be tactikal an 'ide an then jump em!"

"But we wanna drive! *Yeah, driving is fun* *Drive for tha slam!*"

Any onlooker that would pay close attention to Grimply would notice a thick throbbing vein on his forehead. But since nobody is depraved enough to secretly observe scrunts, that is not the case. However, anyone that knows Grimply well, which is a very small group by default, would know that this vein is a sure sign for him being really close to flipping his poo poo. The stress of having the other scrunts conspire behind his back is already bad enough, and these idiots are just too much for him. He is really close to pulling out his pistol, but reconsiders when he sees Yurik screwing around with a rope on the road. Yurik did take the humie's side back at camp, and Grimply is still salty about that. He figures he can pay him back by dropping these fackers on him.

"Now listen, lads. This be simple. Yer get tha facking limo of tha road or yer'll die! This is what tha father told me an tha father never tells me wrong! An then yer lot will report to tha scrunt with tha 'at an stick over dere, roight? 'e'll tell yer what to do. Yer don't want ta die, roight? Cause that's what will 'appen if yer continue this FACKIN AROUND."
42 vs 42+20 charm test to get the limo scrunts in Yurik's control, he can use my 2Dos

Also, GM, I wanna be clear that this is not an intimidate check and I just kinda wrote it like one for fluff

And I assume that it's obvious that I'll get back to my spot on the crags

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 27, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Through his scope, Grimply watches as some of the humie bikers tumble into Yurik's trap. He cackles madly at the prospect of taking out the helpless humies on the ground. But one of the humies actually manages to slide through under the rope! "A crafty foe is a better prey", whispers the scruntfather into is ear. Yes, that's exactly right! If Grimply wants the other scrunts to like him again and not murder him in his sleep, he needs to impress them! As always, the father protects and shows him the way. But just as he's about to center his scope on the biker, Flet bursts into a fit of laughter.

"Ehehehehe...tha scrunt....ehehehe...'e's so dumb...ehehehe"

"Fack, what yer going on about, lad?"

"Ehehehe..tha scrunt...'e fell down cause 'e's dumb...ehehehe"

"Yer not makin' sense lad! What scrunt?"

"Ehehehe...tha big one over dere...ehehehe..'"

Grimply glances to the side, and can't see Grumb anymore. Could it be? Could the father have solved this problem for him? It must be! Grimply can only hope that Grumb fell down all the way and died. What a glorious day! Humies to kill, and no more mean stinking big scrunts to worry about!

With a happy whistle, Grimply centers his scope, and tells Flet to use his shiny humie glass too
I order Flet to half turn aim, giving me a +10 to my shot

Then I half turn aim, set my rifle to overload mode and make a called shot on the head of the biker boss

39 vs 105 (45 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10)

14+5 Energy

That's kinda crap damage but it's too early to fate point so whatever

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40(36 currently) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

GM reminder that I'm very small and have a camo cloak

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply is faced with a unique situation; he slowly begins to doubt that the father still watches over him! Not because the humie biker dodged his shot, things like that can happen and the father does not solve everything for his servants. But because Grumb apparently isn't dead and also killed the humie he was aiming for. Such injustice! Maybe Grimply should have prayed a bit more in the last days, or maybe he gave some wrong guidance to other scrunts? Many things could have invoked the ire of the father, but right now also isn't a good time to ponder this issue. Below Grimply there is chaos and battle, so he returns to what he knows and fires into the big smoke cloud.

"Mastah? Uhh..Mastah?"

"What's it lad? Don't yer see I'm tryin' ta shoot 'ere?"

"Uhhm...I think it's going ta rain...A drop just 'it me..."

I again order Flet to half turn aim, giving me a +10 to my shot

Then I half turn aim, set my rifle to overload mode and make a shot into the smoke cloud

8 vs 75 (45 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 +10 -30)

9+5 Energy help I can't roll good damage

"Ol' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle(Longlas - Basic/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E(+5E with overload) / pen1(3 with overload) / clip 40(32 currently) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable(Unreliable with overload), Felling (1))

GM reminder that I'm very small and have a camo cloak

• Locked thread