Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Yeah sure, sounds right to me

Btw here's a quick sneak peek at our new encounter for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, got the beast in his sights

Wounds: 9
Fate: 2/2

When the foul rabbit beasts trample through the brushes, Grimply makes himself as small as possible while Flet half-way climbs into a tree hole. Any good hunter knows that you don't just give up your position right away. You have to stay still and bide your time for the perfect shot. This has nothing to do with both of them being scared by the trampling behemoths. Nope, not at all!

"Keep it down, laddie! Tha things gonna eat us fer sure if yer don't"

Well, luckily for Grimply the rabbit beasts are much more interested in stomping and eating the rest of the scrunt squad, so he and Flet go unnoticed. Grimply peers through his scope, and is momentarily blinded when the scruntinel errupts in flames and explosions. The monster will surely go for the scruntauros next, so Grimply pulls Flet from behind him and points at the northern beast.

"Feck, laddie, I miss me big gun but we's gonna take tha beast down anyway, roight? Tha's gonna be a fine feast for tha Father!"

I spend my held action to have Flet half-turn aim for me, set my rifle to overload and then do a called shot on the head of rabbit1

50 vs 75 (45 +10 aim +10 accurate +10 short) pretty sure that I'm in short range since the rifle has 150m max range?

20+5 E damage at pen 3 boom!

I don't think "The bigger they are" does something here because I used a called shot? Need to pick up Giant Killer asap. Oh and if my shot would be wasted since yurik fries the beast, I would like to snipe the other one :v:

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 36(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 19, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply,

Grimply trails the path of his lasbolt, and is disapointed when the hellish rabbit monster seemingly shrugs it off. But then he's suddenly pretty happy because the thing burst into shiny flames and that should deal with it. Grimply has no idea where the flames came from, but miracles from the Father are often mysterious so there's really nothing more to consider. He swings his rifle around to get sight on the other rabbit monster, and spots it just in time to see Groin go into a full speed SLAM-RAM. While he would normally encourage such scrunty actions, a tiny part of his mind realizes that the creature is way too big to be SLAM-RAMMED!

"Groin yer facker yer're slammin too 'ard! Yer slammin too..."

His voice trials off when he sees the scruntauros bonk into the rabbit beast, only to be crushed under its fluffy foot a moment later.

"Grooiiiin!!!!"

Flet aims, Grimply shoots, rifle still on overload you know the deal by now

33 vs 95(45+20+10+10+10)

19+5 energy with 3 pen

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 32(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, on acid

As a seasoned schizophreniac, Grimply is no stranger to waking up in weird places without having any memory how he got there. It's just normal that he doesn't really remember the times when the Father takes over. But what isn't normal is that other scrunts around him also seem to suffer from memory loss and why the fack would he ride a wheelybox into a locked room full of acid? Strange tidings indeed. While Grimply ponders this, the sound of melting things draws his attention to the fact that the bubbling acid is rising and eating away at the wrecked wheelybox. Even his busted brain can understand that he's about to die if he can't get out of this situation. His beady eyes dart around the room, passing over the hole in the ceilling , and fixing on the vent cover that closest to their position. It's a pretty nice vent cover because it speaks to him. "Hey pal! How about climbing inside of me? It's cold and tight in here and there is no acid at all! Come on... you know you want to.."

"Stupid sexy vent.." he mutters to himself

Aight, so since I don't suck at climbing I could scale the tanks and reach the vent cover.

Questions: Is the cover tightly fused or does it look like it can be pried off by brute force or with the help of a tool like a knife or can it just be shot to pieces from range?

Is there a place that the other scrunts can reach so that they could climb up my grappnel line to reach the vent?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, still on acid

"Grimply, if you want, I can try leapin' across and pry the vent off. We need ta figure out fast though, or we'll be dead!"

"Yee, laddie! But mind tha greeny bits tha stuff will melt yer boots roight off yer feet! Would be a shame about yer boots, roight? I'll be roight on yer 'eels but I gotta check tha sarge first!"

Drekk gives Grimply a wicked smile, before leaping off the crumbling vehicle onto the nearest storage tank. Grimply scuttles over the wreck, reaching for Gumbo. The scrunt sarge seems to have taken a nasty knock and still isn't fully here yet. So Grimply grabs him and starts to shake and slap him back into reality.

"Oi laddie we needs ta get outta 'ere! Git on yer feet or yer join tha 'umies in tha sludge! Yer can use me climby 'ook after I got to tha 'ole up there. Oi! Yer heard me??"

Gumbo's eyes are still kinda hazy but he nods slowly so Grimply lets go and scuttles off back to the edge of the leman russ while readying his grappling hook.

I want to grapple to the vent and aid Drekk with opening it. My strength is poo poo but whatever. I'm pretty sure I should be able to magboot onto the wall around it? If I can do that then I would try to throw my hook back to Gumbo so he can quickly catch up to us and help. Could make a ballistic or agility roll to see if I land it near him or gently caress it up completly?

Also, question. How good of an idea is it to shoot the vent bolts point blank with my scrunt pistol?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Oh dang, I forgot about the ceramic! Welp most of my plan still stands though. Grappel over, wrangle vent with Drekk, hope that Gumbo wakes the gently caress up because his powersword would be very helpful, cry a small tear when Drekk and me flee into the vent while Gumbo still lies on the leman russ, make some kind of jpeg as an epitaph for the sarge.

Phoon :ohdear:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, counter sniping

May the SLAM deliver you

"Grimply, we needs ta go! Tha stuff will git us up 'ere too!"

"Nay, laddie! We can't leave tha sarge down innit he'll come ta us jus' give tha lad a minute!"

Drekk gives Grimply a bewildered look, snorts and takes a seat for now. Grimply continues to yell at the confused scrunt sarge, but it does not seem to have any effect. Gumbo locks eyes with him for a moment, but his hazy gaze is drawn back to the toxic sludge while a faint smile grows on his face. He slowly reaches forward and touches the sludge with a fingertip. The smouldering and bubbling doesn't seem to bother him at all and his smile grows even wider while flesh and fabric melt. From behind Grimply, Drekk pipes up and urges the sniper to activate his fackin talky ball already. A flood of coarse slurs, barking, and information washes into Grimply's brain when he reconnects to the scrunt vox network. With a grim and pained look, he turns his eyes away from the scrunt sarge just as the Leman Russ wreck begins to slowly tilt towards the acid...

"Lad.....we...we needs ta go...."

Now I am become death

Grimply and Drekk emerge from their vent onto the landing pad and scramble for cover right away.There's shooting and screaming which is very scrunty and coincidentally just the right thing to bring a troubled mind back on track. Grimply raises his las rifle and scopes the area with a quick sweep. Lots of humies and some big thingies block their way to the flyer box so let's start to deal with that. A second and somewhat more focussed sweep comes up with a interesting revelation. The humies have long shootas too! With his tounge hanging out professionally from the corner of his mouth, Grimply takes aim at a glimmering scope in the distance.

I'll counter-snipe sniper 1 with a called shot to his face.with the magical power of free aim without a comrade and I overload my gun as per usual

78 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

6+5 energy at 3 pen

Welp

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 36(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, CQC sniping

Grimply wants to either shoot the ogryn(even if that means shooting into melee) or the servitor in front of him. If the other scrunts(Drekk and Murdelia so far) have a handle on the ogryn, I'd rather target the servitor. Same if the fucker just charges towards me unmolested. Shooting is the same deal as before

28 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

25+5 energy at 3 pen

Oh boy that's some damage to a face right there

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 32(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, hiding behind swiss cheese

I'm not that comfortable with leaving my position just yet, so let's snipe some mans in team 3

44 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

16+5 energy at 3 pen

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 28(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, GET IN

Gonna use a full move to get up the cover spot where Murdelia and Chuggo are bonding and I use Quick Draw to change my rifle for a Frag Grenade

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 28(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Pineapple Party Time!!

I wanna use a half action to move along the right side of our cover piece as far as I can go and then lob my nade into the sandbag position. Preferably at team 4 if they're still around. If there somehow are no good targets left standing then I'll just move towards the flier while using cover as best as I can.

26 vs 45 without any of the penalties I'll probably get

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, scrounging

The landing pad is bustling with scrunt activity and the combined pissing efforts quickly douse the fire on the new flyerbox. It also didn't take long for Grimply to find Flet in the throng of limo scrunts. Yelling his name really loudly was all he had to do really.

"'It's good ta see yer lad! How tha fack did yer lot make it 'ere??!"

"Uh...well...we's kinda jus got 'ere..."

~both scrunts stare blankly at each other and a cricket chirps in the distance~

"Well that's all roight then! Let's git oua arses to tha flyerbox, roight? Seems like tha's our ride ta 'ome!"

The scrunts quickly swarm the flyerbox and, curious as they are, tear open boxes and crates while others lick and poke their newest acquisitions. Grimply joins the scrunts in the cockpit and shudders with excitement when he hears where the flyerbox will go to. Space! His search for the Slam Sector still goes on, despite the clues and signs that he found on this world. The Slam is strong on this world but the real Sector can't be here. There are too many drat humies here to begin with, if you think about it. The prospect of getting closer to the Slam Sector launches Grimply into an excited and definitely confusing rant about the father and the coming Slam. And all the scrunts in the cockpit are forced to listen because he's standing in the drat doorway.

Meanwhile, Flet is licking and touching some crates in the flyerbox....

So I would like to reskin a Melta Bomb into either a load for my missile launcher or into a bullet for my longshot. Would prefer the rifle and it's single-use only of course. I think a ranged Melta Bomb is a very useful thing to have in space

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, First class recon scrunting

Fate: 1/2

Crashing their ride isn't unusual for scrunts so Grimply isn't bothered all that much when the flyerbox smashes into the big humie ship. Tumbling all over the place and smacking into other scrunts/objects was a bit of a hassle though. But scrunts are weirdly hardy in their own ways so it doesn't take him long to recover his senses. And to be honest, getting smacked in the head may have more positive than negative effects for Grimply anyway. Murdelia ripped a big and nice hole in the flyerbox already, so Grimply and Flet just join the gaggle of scrunts on the way out. The group quickly goes back to bickering and licking but some of the more cunning scrunts decide to figure out what the feck is going on. First up, they're in a big tunnel which is good. But they're also in the big humie ship which is kinda bad. They're going kill the humies which is good again but feck there's probably a whole lot of humies which is bad. It also smells like animals or maybe scrunts in the distance which is weird in space and at that point Grimply's brain gets clogged up and suffers a minor cramp. Right, let's take this in small steps then.

"Roight lads this 'umie place be weird I tells yer! Tha tunnel is good an' proper for scruntin' but we's shud ged a move on, roight? Tha weird smells be comin' from furtha down tha tunnel but this place be dangerous. Tha 'umies may be weak an' not scrunty at all but they's got guns an' stuff too. So I says me and me lad take tha lead 'ere or else yer lot gets lost or slammed by some 'umies!"

I'm gonna stealth ahead and check out the closest doors around our LZ to give us a better direction

100 vs 77 (47 +20 +10)

wow wtf I'm gonna snap fate that

3 vs 77 (47 +20 +10)

lul

Also let's make an awareness roll to find good doors

63 vs 53

Welp doors are complicated

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 6, 2017

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, The scrunt before the storm

The scrunts are torn between apathy and enthusiasm, as is often the case when they're faced with something as difficult as making choices. And Grimply is mostly pouty.

He snuck all the way through the tunnel and smelled and licked doors and sockets but he couldn't really find anything interesting in this humie ship. Groin, on the other hand has found something interesting and won't stop telling everyone about it. The fecker didn't even do it right with his loud and dumb flyerboard. That's not how a proper scrunt sneak goes that's for drat sure! Drekk has also found something that he won't stop telling everyone about but at least the fecker didn't alarm the whole humie ship while doing it. Though come to think of it it's not very impressive to just find a hole in the ground. Grimply could have done that too! And it's just full of humie animals so who the feck even cares about those?? Grimply only vaguely notices what's going one with the yelling humie and Mung but the general direction is still to get out of this place so he swallows his pride and walks up to Groin who's currently telling the scrunts around him about how fast and cool his flyerboard is.

"Oi yer feck..err me lad! Why don't yer tell me tha story about thar doors yer found another time?"

We should force the lift doors with our scrunty wits

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply

Place me in or near the mycoprotein heap when things pop off. I'll use my prep time to fiercely dig into the heap wich will coincidentally fling some of it into the western doorway

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply

Grimply's natural scruntstincts didn't fail him. The overwhelming urge to burrow into a heap of stuff is a sure sign that there's something dangerous around. And ho boy these robit humies sure look dangerous with their knife hands and everything. For a second Grimply entertains the idea of digging deeper into his pile but he luckily realizes that robits will probably not be fooled by that. Just as he starts to wiggle out of the festering heap, chittering noises from the west can be heard below the panicked screeches of the humie animals. It sounds like...a lot of tiny metal feet? From a lot of tiny humie robits??

"Yer sneaky fackin gits..."

I use quickdraw to ready a frag grenade and then delay my turn until the scarab group has acted. Then I'll give em my load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply

I use quickdraw to ready my auto gun and full-auto blast the scarab swarm with Flet aiming for me

31 vs 55 (45+10)

Not the worst I guess

Scrunt Rifle (Autogun - Basic / 100m / S/3/10 / 1d10+3 I / pen 0 / clip 30 / Full reload)

• Locked thread