Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

Drekk straps himself into the scruntmera Storm Autogun seat and tightly holds the gun's grip.

"'Ey Mung, get us into a good firin' spot! Widget, stick a gun out a window and shoot some rabbits up!"

---

:effort: scrunting:

If the scruntmera is moving before Drekk's turn is up, full aim and then semi auto burst later.

If the scruntmera isn't moving, the half aim + semi auto burst. Apply Ranged Volley's +5 BS if needed.

Also I'm not sure if climbing into the gunner seat counts as an action for this encounter.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

Wounds: 12/12
Fate Points: 2/2

Despite not being the best shot, Drekk managed to take down several rabbits. Having a rapid-fire gun to compensate for accuracy certainly helps.

He readies himself for another salvo.

"'EY WIDGET! Get ready for anutha go!"

----

Same as before: Half-Aim then Semi-Auto Burst with Widget doing a Ranged Volley for support.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 17, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

"Those are some big rabbits." Drekk lets out with a hearty whistle. They're also very, very, angry at the convoy for attacking their fellow rabbits.

He carefully aims the gun at the rabehemoth with a slightly singed face before squeezing the trigger, releasing another burst. Widget tries his damnedest to provide supporting fire too.

The ammo counter on the gun ticks down, it might be time to reload soon.

---
Half-aim, semi-auto burst on the rabbit monster that Grumb singed, with Widget using Ranged Volley

First time rolling for a ranged attack,let's see...

26 BS + 5 (Half-Aim) + 5 (Ranged Volley) + 50 (size bonus against rabehemoths) = 86

Rolled a 48

Also I calculated the range and the distance between the Scruntmera and the rabbit is 102 meters (or possibly 96) and the Storm Autogun has a 100 meter range, that might play into hitting and damage

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 5, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

"MUNG YOU DINGUS!"

In a fit of scrunty fear, Mung backed the Scruntmera away from the rabbit monsters.

Drekk decided to use this time to fetch a fresh magazine for the Storm Autogun. He unstrapped himself from the seat and found a compartment with several METAL BAWKSES metal boxes marked "Ammo". He grabbed the box that felt the heaviest and then headed back to the Storm Autogun seat.

---

Reloadin'.

Also the Storm Autogun has the following properties that affect reloading:

-Fluid Action: Slathered in scrunty lube to ensure smooth firing. Semi-Auto attacks automatically have an additional DoS. Increases reload by Half Action.

-Quick Release: Magazine well is also slathered in scrunty lube. Reload is reduced by Half Action.

I'm guessing those cancel each other out and Drekk has Rapid Reload so I'm assuming at best it halves the 2 Full Action reload to just one. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this gun stuff and you never run out of sword.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

Corruption Points: 1

Drekk has seen lots of things, but never before has he seen a giant rabbit monster burst into flames. Not just any flames, pink and blue! This encounter will be something to tell the scrunts back at base, and if they don't believe it, he'll just beat them senseless until they do.

As he and Widget fire off more rounds into the damned rabbit monster, Drekk sees the Tauros explode, killing the second creature. The other scrunts appear to be (mostly) alright, but Groin is loving pissed that his sweet ride is in ruins, and he alternates between making flipping off and jacking off gestures with his cyber-arm and punching the dead creatures flanks with his regular arm.

With this going on, Drekk senses an odd feeling in the air, but it's probably nothing...

---

26 BS + 5 (Ranged Volley) + 50 (Rabehemoth Size) + Whatever bonus/malus a normal cruising speed is = 81, give or take.

Rolled a 73

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Scrunt Convoy
Malbrathia-3

After Mung had his fill of scooping up rabbit corpses Drekk unseats himself from the autogun's seat and carefully maneuvers around them to the big rabehemoth corpses, inspecting the corpses. They seem to have odd metal streaks in the flesh and meat, which worries to him a small extent, which looks quite similar to the stompy walker in the farm.

"Widget, get Yurik to come ova 'ere, and tell 'im not to do anything stupid with the combat drugs." He worryingly tells his compatriot, Widget.

---

Going to get Yurik to poke around dead monster corpses if he wants to.

As for what's next, I suggest returning to base to drop the poo poo off, restock on ammo, and head back out to the refinery.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Hangover: Scrunt Edition
Malbrathia-3

Fate Points: 1/2

"Where the feck are we?" Drekk groggily asked, nursing a massive headache. "Someone get the coffee brewi..."

In a series of inexplicable events, he, Gumbo, and Grimply somehow commandeered a Leman Russ tank and the corpses of a dozen PDF troopers are strewn about. And there's a rising pool of acid, what luck.

The acidic revelation was enough to snap Drekk out of his drunken stupor. He observes the room in the quickest way he can and he eyes a vent he can possibly get to by jumping across tanks (the storage kind, not the vehicle kind) and metal support bars and rip the vent off.

"Grimply, if you want, I can try leapin' across and pry the vent off. We need ta figure out fast though, or we'll be dead!"
---

I propose Drekk makes like Mario and jump and climb to rip the vent off since he is strong and has Athletics.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

jesus loving christ you can leap five metres from a standing start. for reference the long jump world record is close to nine metres from a sprinting start. +0 Athetletics test puts you comfortably on the vent, like a spider

also your character sheet is missing a breakdown of close to 1150xp in spend, so please update that

PROBLEM SOLVED

Spider Scrunt, Spider Scrunt, does what ever a spider does.

Shits a web, any size, catches rats just like flies.

Look out, here comes the Spider Scrunt.

Also holy poo poo I didn't realize I'm missing that much of a breakdown. Will update as soon as I can! Updated EXP breakdown, it should be sufficient.

EDIT:

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

Drekk takes it in his own hands to reach the vent. He hastily leaps across corroding tanks and metal bars to reach it. Scrunts aren't arboreal creatures, but he tries his best to keep his balance. Will he succeed, or will he fall into boiling acid? Stay tuned!

---
The Amazing Spider-Scrunt

Gonna do an Acrobatics test (50 Agility + 10 from a spending a Fate Point for this roll = 64).

Got an 8. Now I feel silly for spending a Fate Point!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 7, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

"Well, this is just dandy."

Grimply and Drekk crawled through the vent, escaping the acid pit. Unfortunately, Gumbo succumbed to the corrosive acid. The two squeeze their way out of the vent in and emerge in the southern end of a landing area with an Aquila ship and quite a decently sized force guarding it.

It seems well guarded for just a single ship. Is it important?

Drekk whips out his Nifty Pyrophoric Vambrace that he's had for a while and proceeds to head to the grey tanks to get closer to the action as fast as he can.

---

Quick drawing flamer Pyrophoric Vambrace and a Full Move to the light grey tanks that Groin, Grumb, and Grug are hanging out by. If full move doesn't cover enough distance, then Sprint.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 30, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

details, details

i'm sure the squad can come up with some way to stop them firing effectively

if we had a scrunt horde, we could send wave after wave of scrunts to the turrets and they would shut down after reaching their preprogrammed kill counter.

But we don't have a scrunt horde, so we'll have to figure out a more practical way to deal with the turrets.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

Sprinting as fast as his scrunty little legs can carry him, Drekk pressed an arm on the wall and panted scruntily.

"OGRYN SMASH!"

He edged closer and saw a big, ugly, freak of a man. But Drekk was envious of what he had: Giant shield, and a chunky gun with a chipped bayonet that clearly indicates the gun has been used more as a melee weapon than a proper firearm.

He snaps out of his brief stupor and aims his Pyrophoric Vambrace at the abhuman.

*FWOORRSH*

---

Half-move to get the best shot of the Ogryn and make him the first recipient (he should be honored!) of my Nifty Pyophoric Vambrace.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't have access to my computer right now so :effort: scrunting. Drekk is going to sprint to the left turrets as close as possible. If he can get behind some sort of cover, that'd be nice.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

"Watch me do somethin' amazin'." Drekk says to a captive audience of angry scrunts and soldiers who want the scrunts dead.

He points the Pyrophoric Vambrace at the barrels of the turrets and lets loose a blast of corrosive metals.

---

Gonna melt the turret barrels so they won't fire and/or explode in a magnificent manner.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3
Wounds: 12

"FACK ME!"

Drekk hauls his scrunty rear end away from the horrible mess he has created (feel free to interpret that in more ways than one).

---

Getting as far away as possible from the turrets, preferably to somewhere with cover.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

"Well that was quite the pickle we were in" Drekk said to Grug. as he let out a nervous laugh as Grug gave him a dirty scowl.

With combat over, Drekk decides to make himself useful and help put out the blazing Aquila in the only way he can: Pissing on it. Drekk unzips his pants and proceeds to relieve himself, pointing the stream of gross scrunty urine on the flames.

---

Putting out the fire!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 30, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
Malbrathia-3

The gross piss stream ended and Drekk zipped up his pants. He heard a rumbling and looked to see a scrunt limo careening all over the place. It stops suddenly and the windows are lowered.

"OI DREKK YOU'RE SAFE!" Widget yelled.

"YEH, WE WAS TAKIN' BETS AN... bellowed another scrunt, his sentence cut short from an "accidental" shanking. Widget clambers out of the limo and eyeballs the Aquila.

"Sweet ride! You know how to operate this thing?" he says with a scrunty laugh.

"If I piloted that thing it would explode before even lifting off!" Drekk retorted. "I think Mung is figuring out 'ow to work it."

The two enter the craft and poke around. Drekk notices a fancy-looking box and he bashes the lock in and opens it up. Inside is a large gray POWER FIST with hazard stripes on the knuckles.

"By the Scrunt Father's hairy taint! It's feckin' beautiful!" Drekk happily explains. takes it out of the case and puts it over his right hand, it fits like a glove (surprisingly).

---

Best Quality Power Fist to punch bad guys in the nads.

I'll nab Power Weapon Training when we get our XP.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
SCRUNTS. IN. SPAAAAAACEEEEE!!!!!

"What the feck!?

Drekk's mind has clearly been broken by the revelation from the Inquisitorial box. "So that Velee-fenis guy is responsible for makin' all us scrunts? I say we go to 'im and beat 'im up! He says, pounding his fist into his palm with scrunty enthusiasm.

"By the way, wot's a Tyranid?"

---

I also agree with kicking the poo poo out of Velothenes.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 14, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk

Drekk notices the airlock door is on the verge of swinging wide open and he uses the best of his scrunty strength to lock it back in.

He eyeballs an inanimate carbon rod on a shelf, but he can't reach it...

---

:effort: scrunting to keep the Aquila door shut.

Orokos is not pleased with my reroll and I think it hates me.

Slam in Peace, Drekk.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
In the Belly of the Beast

The scrunty hairs on Drekk's scrunty neck stand on end. Whether it's from all the action recently or what is unclear, but he points to a shaft with a grate over it.

"If we get attacked, we can escape through these!"

The other scrunts are too busy dicking around to notice, but hopefully they heard it.

"Hey guys, can we find the source of tha growlin'?"

---

Let's go gently caress around with the grox.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:effort: scrunting: Drekk votes to force the doors open.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Jungle

"'Ey Widget, watch dis!" Drekk casually strolls near a grox and drops his pants, exposing his scrunty genitalia at the beast, causing the creatures to bellow in distress and potentially make them enraged.

After his mentally scarring "prank", he and Widget notice the other scrunts scrambling around, possibly preparing for a fight. He positions himself near the mycroprotein heap, ready to set it aflame at a moment's notice.

---

I'm gonna be super crafty and hang by the heap to set it on fire :flame:

Also the grox may or may not be pissed off.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

which grox quadrant have you shown your dick to

why is this a question that i need to ask

I flash my scrunt dick at a grox at a quadrant 2 squares north from the ignitable fungal shitpile

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Jungle

Drekk takes out a red pineapple-shaped object with WARNING: PROMETHIUM GRENADE, HANDLE WITH CARE stenciled on the side and holds it, waiting for the metal bug swarm to come a bit closer before tossing it.

---

:effort::hf::scrunt:

Drekk swaps the flamer for the flame grenade (not pulling the pin yet!) and delays the next action, making the sure the scarabs come closer before chucking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Another :effort: scrunting: Drekk takes out his autogun and uses semi-auto burst (plus ranged volley) on the flayed one

• Locked thread