Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll be away from my spreadsheet for the next ~30 hours. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Leperflesh posted:

I'll be away from my spreadsheet for the next ~30 hours. Merry Christmas, everyone!

I think I saw that No Pun Intended was marked as not having sent a gift or that no one had received it. I wanted to say that for Lightning 2 that I got a copy of Mr. Jack though I have not had occasion to take pictures yet.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright time to make good on my promise to open all my other gifts from Santa.

Starting with the two packages from Amazon. Both of them have notes attached to them now that I look at them. One says, "I'm not sure what sort of art you like, but everyone likes Dr. Seuss, don't they? Merry All-Inclusive Winter Celebration of Festivities! XXXX" while the other says, "Ho Ho Ho! Secret Santa Strikes Again!" Let's see what we got...

Oh goody! Thank you so much for these two gifts, especially for the Seussian art; I've never seen Dr. Seuss' images in this fashion before.

Now there's the large rectangular box. This too also has a note attached: "So, as a lapsed Catholic, finding appropriately Pagan traditional gaming gifts turned out to be something of a challenge. Enclosed you will find an actual, honest-to-goodness magic want, as well as a copy of Letters to Santa, which is Loveletter but with more Krampus. Merry Saturnalia! XXXXX"

Wait, an actual wand?!

Thank you so very much Santa!! I will treasure this wand! And I'm pretty sure I can find people who will want to play this game.

Again, thank you Santa! :)

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have received (both) packages from my Round 3 Santa. I will post pictures later, tho. Merry Christmas!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My parents came over for Christmas, and they brought an unexpected third part of my secret Santa gift!

It's Dragon Warriors Book 1, an original copy from 1985! A year when I was able to read, but only just. This satisfies my gaming hipster desires nicely. :)

Thanks, Santa!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Wait, an actual wand?!
If nothing else, this year's Secret Santa has allowed me to cross "Buy A Magic Wand" off my bucket list.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm going to miss this thread when it wraps up over the next few days. It was fun, glad I got the chance to take part.

Thanks for running it Leperflesh, and merry Christmas to all Santa's/Santee's! :ohdearsass: :ohdearsass: :ohdearsass: :ohdearsass: :ohdearsass: :ohdearsass:

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo; awesome things arrived!

A nice lady to play games about not moving with:

A shiny thing, but I have to go pick it up myself:

Thank you, santa ODB!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Today, we are un-canceling Christmas!

(With special guest My Snake as Kaiju)

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Spincut posted:

My housemate informed me that a box arrived today and took pictures for me!

Lost Legacy!

7 Wonders: Babel!

And notes!...containing a goon's real name so let's not post them! But one says there's something else coming the 23rd?! Maybe they were supposed to come separately but they got boxed together.

Also, since my cat is here with my mom in Washington and my gifts are back home in California, I'm going to cheat and give you a cat pic.

Thanks Vidmaster!!

Hope you enjoy them and that the 7 Wonders expansion is good! Those were the only two things I sent you, Amazon just told me that 7 Wonders was not going to arrive until the 23rd and I didn't want you to think you got a tiny gift containing just lost legacy.

I imagine I have received my lightning round 3 present, but I won't be home until January 5th to post pictures of it.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

IrvingWashington posted:

Holy poo poo; awesome things arrived!

A nice lady to play games about not moving with:

A shiny thing, but I have to go pick it up myself:

Thank you, santa ODB!

Due to issues with shipping there will be real gifts coming over the next few days, but thankfully my love of the Alien series has made sure these gifts will be worth it. Second Phase gift should be delivered today and I'm figuring out how to send you the unfortunately heavy Third Phase gift as we speak, however it is so awesome that I'm excited to send it.

You should totally play Payday 2 with me since I've not played the game since Update #11 (Diamond Store) and have no clue how to get money to re-spec my character into something not horrible.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Due to issues with shipping there will be real gifts coming over the next few days, but thankfully my love of the Alien series has made sure these gifts will be worth it. Second Phase gift should be delivered today and I'm figuring out how to send you the unfortunately heavy Third Phase gift as we speak, however it is so awesome that I'm excited to send it.

You should totally play Payday 2 with me since I've not played the game since Update #11 (Diamond Store) and have no clue how to get money to re-spec my character into something not horrible.

Oh man, you are awesome. I got the second one today but I've been building a climbing wall so I haven't opened it yet... I'm goddamned thrilled to hear Alien is involved somewhere in all this! Also, yes, I will hit you up on steam and we will shootcops :3:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

K Prime posted:

Today, we are un-canceling Christmas!

(With special guest My Snake as Kaiju)

That's a weird looking cat :(

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
More things!

W-Y is always a good sign, so...

Aww yisssssss. Plus, it comes with a cat so I don't need to herd any of mine into shot!

Thank you again, Santa, this owns

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Apparently I had another TGSS gift coming because I think my original Santa sent me some paints to get me started on my miniature painting!

Thank you! Secret Santa!?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So as of right now, as best I can tell, we have...

No Grinches!

I'm not 100% certain: a couple of goons won't be home for a few more days, but in those cases, there is at least some indication of gift delivery.

Please let me know if I'm wrong! If you didn't get your gifts, or if your Santee hasn't posted or said something about getting gifts, post or let me know! Otherwise, I'll be shutting this shindig down around new year's day, with an excellent 100% success rate for 2014! And that's exactly 100 Secret Santa gift packages sent and received this year. Nice!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Are you gonna post the pairings by chance?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

So as of right now, as best I can tell, we have...

No Grinches!

Is that a first?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Reene posted:

I'd be interested in this as well.

Leperflesh posted:

No Grinches!
:yotj:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reene posted:

Nope. Some Santas prefer to remain anonymous, and I wouldn't want to blindside anyone after the fact.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is that a first?

No, I think we were grinch-free a couple of years ago, but I think this is the first year every goon got at least one gift by christmas eve.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
That's awesome. This was great fun, thanks for running it, leper!

Thanks again secret Santa, Zeppelin Attack has found a fine home as a mainstay in games night, and my girlfriend loves it which makes 1v1 great fun :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I got two really nice dice bags in the mail right before I left to go to my parents for Christmas! Thanks, Santa! :buddy: I'll get some pictures up later

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Let's Play TG SASS

A Box, let's open it!
Wait, it might be a mimic, let's attack it just to be sure.

Ow, papercut. Trying to do this barehanded was silly, lets use a knife.

Two presents? Santa you shouldn't have!

Let's up our image resolution and see what's inside..

Thunderstone! I've been needing one of these!

I'm sure it just needs a second...

... Bah, I'll figure it out later.

The screenshot said two. What else is in this comically small box?

Kuro! It's... a cyberpunk game... set in Japan... with mystical elements... that isn't Shadowrun! Oh Santa, It's just what I wanted!

Here, let me put a very annoyed Gabe-cat in front of these two items to express my joy!

Santa, the actual Amazon.com box was really badly taped and there was no packing slip inside, so I don't know who you are, but thank you!
I've heard good things about Thunderstone, and oddly enough know the right person to teach me how to play.
Kuro looks really REALLY cool, and I should have some time to actually read it now that family holiday obligations are over with.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

LeSquid, I sent a christmas card (:scotland:) stuffed with something :ghost: thematic :ghost: for Jakob Lynch's crew, I don't know if it ever arrived :(

I totally got the sweet sweet hell money Christmas Card, and I was going to take a picture of it (+ cat!), but it's been packed away somewhere during Christmas cleaning. :( Rest assured it is indeed here!

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

I was rather delayed in getting back from my trip, but when I got home there was a copy of BOSS MONSTER and the expansion! Thanks Santa! I haven't played the game before, but it looks awesome! I will definitely be breaking it out this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice!

Since Vidmaster bumped the thread, I'll just take a moment to remind everyone that if you want an email reminder next year before I post the TG secret santa 2015 thread, you can request to be added to the mailing list. Just email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added.

I'll be closing the thread now, but if you have any lingering issues, comments, or (especially) a missing gift, please PM or email me. Happy new year!

• Locked thread