Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Mrs. Tolan called today and said I had an odd package in the mail...

Inside was a large amount of really, really well-wrapped gifts!

Some sweet Capitals swag, and three awesome indie games that I'd never heard of, let alone played!

What's this inside Whitebox? It's a Warrior!

...and all his friends, too! It's a full party, and the elf looks useless as usual.

Wait, there's something hiding in the Capitals beer cozy, too...

It's 10 copies of Sea Dracula! Awesome!

The cattes, alas, decided to be snooty and hide under the bed. The doges enjoyed the box though, and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I'm standing next to the treat dish.

It was a fantastic gift, and put a giant smile on my face. Thanks, Auralsaurus Flex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I accidentally tore into everything before taking a picture, but my Lightning Round Santa gift arrived!

The Star Wars theme continued in wonderful fashion, with The Star Wars LCG and a Z-95 Headhunter for X-Wing. The latter has already joined up with the rest of his squadron on my shelf.

:wookie:

Happy Life Day!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I accidentally tore into everything before taking a picture, but my Lightning Round Santa gift arrived!

The Star Wars theme continued in wonderful fashion, with The Star Wars LCG and a Z-95 Headhunter for X-Wing. The latter has already joined up with the rest of his squadron on my shelf.

:wookie:

Happy Life Day!

Yay! Those are from me. Hope you enjoy them!!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

A box from Amazon at work I don't remember placing... Santa! :dance:

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Obligatory picture of my swag: a pocket edition of Steve Jackson's Ogre, the Be Not Afraid expansion for small world and a sample card sleeve and poly bag with a chocolate bar inside it. I couldn't manage to get my cat into frame but be assured he's just out of frame at the top.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

A gift has been bought, but things must happen to it before it can be sent. :moreevil:

I too have just bought a gift but must add the personal bad touch good touches of a Goon before sending it to my Santa, currently it is a race against the Amazon clock to have both parts of my gift delivered to my Santee by Christmas. I think it is going to work out but just in case it is a day or two late I went a bit extra on my gift since it came out of nowhere and is absolutely perfect, too perfect to not send.

Baron Snow posted:

Goony holiday cheer shipped!

Goony holiday cheer received. It was a dark night, 3:00 PM to be exact, when my mother told me a package came to the door while eyeing me due to the packages' markings.

I quickly used Google to discover that Promega makes "over 3,000 products for a broad array of applications including basic research, drug discovery, forensics and paternity testing, and hospital and clinic-based diagnostics" and concluded that my Santa had given me one of my most wanted gifts, the cure for Ebola, DNA results allowing me to inherit mad money, or people steak good n' ready for grilling.

At this point I was sure my gift was biochemical weaponry and that I would be remembered as someone who died from an online secret Santa attack, which was kind of cool since I've always predicted dying in a Denny's handicap stall from old person problems even though I'm not handicapped (so everyone is sad about my death while thinking I'm a dick for using the stall). Inside however was an awesome game, something I never would have come across, and personalized features that make it perfect.

Excitement Level: Moderately Interested & Surprised

Excitement Level: Intensely loving Happy

Thank you so much Baron Snow for this gift, it comes right after getting my friend into Persona 4 so I'm absolutely happy to test this game out with co-workers under the banner of "market intelligence" and "competitor product research" while enjoying a Goony Holiday!

Dulkor posted:

Tragedy Looper and the Black Crusade GM Kit! Thanks Goon-santa!

Twins!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Hey guys! Guess what I got in the mail today!

Thanks mysterious Farce Lightning round 3 person, who was probably from the states and had to figure out how to get a man a present on short notice!

I really appreciate the gift and hope you don't get grinched!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Druggeddwarf posted:

Hey guys! Guess what I got in the mail today!

Thanks mysterious Farce Lightning round 3 person, who was probably from the states and had to figure out how to get a man a present on short notice!

I really appreciate the gift and hope you don't get grinched!

That'd be me. I couldn't remember if you owned any FATE books so I got you the best version.

Originally it was going to be a Dwarf figurine and a spider figurine but apparently those are impossible to find on Amazon.co.uk

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Santa! I got my package in the mail, and I'll have pictures of my cats up later today! Your gift was brilliant, and I love it!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Niemat posted:

Santa! I got my package in the mail, and I'll have pictures of my cats up later today! Your gift was brilliant, and I love it!

Oh yay! I'm so glad you like it! :3:

(I'm hoping it's mine that you're talking about :shobon:)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Spincut posted:

Oh yay! I'm so glad you like it! :3:

(I'm hoping it's mine that you're talking about :shobon:)

The 7 Wonders expansion and Masks?

Edit: Spincut's post has made me realize I'm not sure if this my main round or Lightning Round package! There wasn't a name attached for which Santa sent it

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 19, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Niemat posted:

Edit: Spincut's post has made me realize I'm not sure if this my main round or Lightning Round package! There wasn't a name attached for which Santa sent it

I guess I can out myself and say if you have received a second package it was not from your original santa. I still need to mail your second shipment :X

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Niemat posted:

That was mine!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

signalnoise posted:

I guess I can out myself and say if you have received a second package it was not from your original santa. I still need to mail your second shipment :X

Better get on that today, sir! As it is, it'll cost you extra to get it there by Wednesday: that price goes up geometrically on a day-by-day basis if you procrastinate.

That goes for everyone in general. I've done my best to contact folks who I didn't have any info from, and I've heard back from everyone I contacted now. But if you still have something you haven't shipped, you're already past the point where you can use the cheapest shipping options; check your shipper's special holiday shipping guidelines to find out what tier you'll have to pay for to get a gift delivered by xmas.

One "free" option is still there, of course; if you have Amazon Prime, you can use still use your 2-day free shipping on Prime-eligible items and they will arrive on time.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

homerlaw posted:

Oh look something came in the mail...

Oh holy gently caress this is the best Christmas ever, thank you so much santa.

Late dog pic

I'm glad to see this arrived in one piece and super glad that you like it!!

Also totally wanna pet that dog.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Everyone has such nice dogs and cats :3:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Spincut posted:

That was mine!

Well, thank ya, kindly! :tipshat:

Hey, kitty! Looks like we got something in the mail!

What's this...?? :aaa:

:aaaaa:

Hey, kitty! Are you seeing... Oh. Yeah. That's cool, too.

Thanks, Santa Spincut!! I can't wait to play the expansion this winter break, and I'm currently trying to hunt down people willing to start a CoC campaign!!

Edit: And in case you were wondering about the cat toy, I set it up in the corner inside of another box perpendicularly, and the cat hasn't spend more than two hours outside of that set up since I put it all together. :rolleyes:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 20, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Yay! Glad you like them! I've heard Masks of Nyarlathotep is one of the best campaigns for CoC, and Leaders is my favorite expansion for 7 Wonders.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Antivehicular posted:

Obligatory picture of a cat investigating the box. The other cat wasn't interested in playing along, since there was a critical bird situation outside the window, but perhaps I'll get a shot of him and the Tarot deck later. My desire to harass cats is nigh-infinite.

As kinda promised, here's a shot of our other cat with a card from my new Tarot deck:

It is the Fool, because he is a cat.

Thanks again, Rhjamiz!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Got my lightning round 3 gift.... or gifts!

And then whats this? More?

and its friend... how cute...

These three have long unofficially been top of my list... so... super excited to have got them.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
oh leper, my lighting round 3 is away, i just dont know where the tracking number is, ive been assured it will get there before the 25th. will email when i find it

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Spincut posted:

Yay! Glad you like them! I've heard Masks of Nyarlathotep is one of the best campaigns for CoC, and Leaders is my favorite expansion for 7 Wonders.

I've never had the opportunity to play Masks, but I've definitely only read and heard good things about it! And it's a pretty hefty book, so I imagine I'll be playing it until next Christmas once I pull a group together!

And speaking of Lightning Round 3 gifts... my Lightning Round 3 gifts are sent!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My housemate informed me that a box arrived today and took pictures for me!

Lost Legacy!

7 Wonders: Babel!

And notes!...containing a goon's real name so let's not post them! But one says there's something else coming the 23rd?! Maybe they were supposed to come separately but they got boxed together.

Also, since my cat is here with my mom in Washington and my gifts are back home in California, I'm going to cheat and give you a cat pic.

Thanks Vidmaster!!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I got my Lightning Round 1 gift today! It's customised maneuvering templates for X-wing, with 'Tekopo' and an SA grenade on them! I will post pics when I can but they are great, thanks Secret Santa :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
A collection of gifts arrived today! Here's my cat trying to figure out what's inside.

It was a bounty of goodies! A copy of Love Letter, Hanabi, Tragedy Looper, and a neat hardback volume of some Marvel comics, with my main man Captain America on the cover. Fantastic stuff, thanks so much, Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright everyone! I think we're doing very well. It's time for a quick rundown just to make sure, though.

In the following categories I'm referring to Santees, that is, recipients of gifts. Your user name is in a category according to my notes. Please find your name and then let me know if you think you are in the wrong category. Particularly important is if I think you received your gift(s), but you didn't: or, if I think you didn't receive your gift(s), but you did.

If you participated in multiple rounds, you should appear in each of those rounds.

Main Round

Has received all of the sent gifts:
Aldantefax
AnAnonymous Idiot (x1 of 4?)
Antivehicular
apophenium
Auralsaurus Flex
Baron Snow (arrived but not opened?)
Benedict
Bucnasti
Cerepol
Chekans 3 16
DigitalRaven
Dulkor
EclecticTastes
Ettin
Evil Mastermind
Froghammer
Frozen_flame
Galaspar
Glorified Scrivener
Gravy Train Robber (x2 of 2?)
Green Intern
Grey Hunter
Greyish Orange
Heatwizard
HiveCommander
homerlaw
jassi007
jivjov
K Prime (possibly 1 of 2 packages, or 2/2?)
Kellsterik
Kerzero
krushgroove
Krysmphoenix
Leperflesh
LeSquide (1 of 2 packages?)
Lord Hypnostache
mistaya
Mors Rattus
moths
Mr. Maltose (arrived, not opened yet?)
Mystic Mongol
Namenlos (two packages arrived, not opened yet?)
NeoAnjou (received 1 of ? packages?)
neongrey
Niemat (received 1 of 2 packages?)
No Pun Intended
NTRabbit
occamsnailfile (received 1 of 2 packages?)
Old Doggy Bastard
Plague of Hats
potatocubed
PuttyKnife
Reene
Rhjamiz (x2 from two Santas)
Sadsack
Sathzur
signalnoise
Siivola
Sion
Sivores
Spincut
SquadronROE
Tekopo
The Supreme Court
thegodofchuck
TheLovablePlutonis
Tolan
Tollymain
tweekinator
Ugleb
unzealous
Zark the Damned

Sent/Shipped but not yet arrived
AnAnonymousIdiot (x3 of four Santas?) (note: confusing because AA hasn't opened some gifts)

Bought, but not yet shipped
IrvingWashington (not yet shipped as of Dec 18th)

Lightning Bonus Round 1
Received
DigitalRaven
IrvingWashington
jedi425 (arrived but not opened yet)
NTRabbit
occamsnailfile
Spincut
Tekopo
thegodofchuck

Lightning Bonus Round 2

Received
Chekans 3 16
Dulkor
Gravy Train Robber
krushgroove
occamsnailfile
PuttyKnife
Spincut

Ordered, not yet received
No Pun Intended

Lightning Bonus Round 3

Received
Benedict
Druggeddwarf
Niemat
Spincut

shipped
Rhjamiz
Vidmaster

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Main Round--received 2 of 2 packages! Much joy was had.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK great, thanks!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
LeSquid, I sent a christmas card (:scotland:) stuffed with something :ghost: thematic :ghost: for Jakob Lynch's crew, I don't know if it ever arrived :(

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Glad you liked it, Tekopo! I don't know anything about the most recent X-Wing game, but I figured some sweet custom templates would work. I'd love to see how they turned out.

As for my gifts, thanks NTrabbit! I'm hoping my wife likes the game too, and I hope to put the cards to use soon.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
I got another package today that had Flowers from Hell for D:tF in it, which is super-duper sweet! :dance: No pics sadly, left my phone at work (hilarious) :derp: But thanks rhjamiz!

Also I hope the package I had mailed to another country arrives soon, the tracking says 24th and I guess they mean it. :ohdearsass:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Other gift did show, been super busy sorry!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jedi425 posted:

As for my gifts, thanks NTrabbit! I'm hoping my wife likes the game too, and I hope to put the cards to use soon.

No worries, and your post history suggested you'd be able to read the gift message on the Netrunner cards :v:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

apophenium posted:

A collection of gifts arrived today! Here's my cat trying to figure out what's inside.

It was a bounty of goodies! A copy of Love Letter, Hanabi, Tragedy Looper, and a neat hardback volume of some Marvel comics, with my main man Captain America on the cover. Fantastic stuff, thanks so much, Santa!

I want to apologize fully in front of the entirety of TG for buying another human being a copy of BSS's Worst Comic five years running Onslaught Reborn. I can only hope your other gifts are good enough to balance out.

Glad you liked the gifts!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

I want to apologize fully in front of the entirety of TG for buying another human being a copy of BSS's Worst Comic five years running Onslaught Reborn. I can only hope your other gifts are good enough to balance out.

Glad you liked the gifts!

It was worth it to get to see this page in person.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

occamsnailfile posted:

Also I hope the package I had mailed to another country arrives soon, the tracking says 24th and I guess they mean it. :ohdearsass:

It did! Thanks Santa!

I'll get some pictures when I can lure some animals to cooperate; but for all you curious cats out there it was a the monster manual to go with the PHB I got in the main round.

A Very D&D Christmas to me !

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I got two things in the mail. Good timing, Santa.

I'm gonna open them tomorrow on account of the festive timing. Thank you, mysterious benefactor.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Just saw a tall rectangular gift on my doorstep along with the following message.

Also, I've been a poor pagan as I have not disclosed the other gifts that came along with the one Saturnalia gift far back:

From the third gift, the's this one toy that's causing me to flack back to my childhood. Thanks a bundle for that.

Last gift are these CYOA books from D&D. I can hardly wait to try them out!

On a final note, I'll be opening all my gifts tomorrow.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 24, 2014

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

No Pun Intended posted:

It did! Thanks Santa!

I'll get some pictures when I can lure some animals to cooperate; but for all you curious cats out there it was a the monster manual to go with the PHB I got in the main round.

A Very D&D Christmas to me !

Excellent! Monster manuals are the bestest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

occamsnailfile posted:

Excellent! Monster manuals are the bestest.

I couldn't agree more; one of my favourite roleplaying books to look at is the AD&D Monster manual.

• Locked thread