Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Everything about the Anniversary event sounds like that.

The only reason I can stand to keep doing MC is the massive amounts of schadenfreude each run provides. It's magical.

That and I can be really lazy as a disc priest there while still topping heal meters due to the way bubbles work. I watch movies and stuff while doing bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
MC really wasn't that bad, when I did it we never seemed to wipe and I was one of the tanks.

But now that I have Hatespark and Corehound I don't think I should go back. I don't even have an enchanter who could use the spell.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I confess I started doing it and was like "Literally anything else I could be doing with my warcraft time would be more materially beneficial (running heroix, levelling a alt)" and dumped out after like an hour..

I'm not super motivated by the cosmetic poo poo when there's still levers I could be pressing for the basic food pellets in my skinner box.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The smart move would've been tuning the bosses to basically fall over like 5-man normals except for Rag and maybe one or two others, so even disorganized groups can breeze through it in 30-45 minutes and have a fun 10th anniversary event. Instead it's a lovely slog that no one wants to do, and yeah it fits because haha vanilla sucked, but in the end you're still spending time on something that sucks and is unfun regardless of how meta it is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I dunno, lots of folks complain that WoW is to easy now so maybe for the anniversary their just trying to give old players what they been asking for.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Ask yourself if you really care about the pet or the fire enchant or if your brain is playing a trick on you

The results might be shocking!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The pet is supposed to be decent to good in pet battles. Also it's a pet. What do you do in MMOs besides collect ever increasing amounts of stuff? Pets, XP, gear. All pixels.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

wow this thing is really stupid and sucks *does it again and again and again*

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

MC really wasn't that bad, when I did it we never seemed to wipe and I was one of the tanks.

But now that I have Hatespark and Corehound I don't think I should go back. I don't even have an enchanter who could use the spell.

you don't need to be an enchanter to use the weapon thing

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

bonermobile posted:

To be fair, I think I am the only one that has done it repeatedly and I am laughing the whole time. It's stupid and it sucks and that's why it's funny that everyone basically has to run it at least once. I get to watch 3 dozen people complain and cry out in despair for 2-4 hours.

E: It's basically the distilled essence of why I play and read about MMOs. I'll probably stop after if I get the pet and enchant still though, because I can get the same in LFR or heroics or w/e.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

The pet is supposed to be decent to good in pet battles. Also it's a pet. What do you do in MMOs besides collect ever increasing amounts of stuff? Pets, XP, gear. All pixels.

Crap I hope you don't need it for any pet achievements. How the hell am I going to get it in this amount of time left.

Dec 26, 2012

bonermobile posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kylra posted:

To be fair, I think I am the only one that has done it repeatedly and I am laughing the whole time. It's stupid and it sucks and that's why it's funny that everyone basically has to run it at least once. I get to watch 3 dozen people complain and cry out in despair for 2-4 hours.

E: It's basically the distilled essence of why I play and read about MMOs. I'll probably stop after if I get the pet and enchant still though, because I can get the same in LFR or heroics or w/e.

Uhhh yea that sounds like a great way to spend time and money *backs away slowly and plays games that are actually fun*

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I pity you if you cannot find humor in the whole MC LFR event situation.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Do the runs still take an eternity or did the countless nerfs at least make it less insufferable.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The runs I have been on have been about 2-3 hours. Even with a dozen wipes, no one decursing, and half the dps dying every fight.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kylra posted:

I think it's very funny, but I also haven't played it, I just read about it at work and instead spend my free time on more fulfilling activities like games that are fun, household chores, shopping at local markets, etc.

Dec 26, 2012

oddly enough listening to 40 mmo players bitch for 4 hours does not sound like a good time

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
It's easier to name the things less productive than running mc, because there are like 3 tops.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maybe you just have to be there. It's like a live standup slapstick comedy routine half the time.

Whatever, I'm still having fun with it. Somehow.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Kylra posted:

the humor is you, running mc lfr, repeatedly

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It is funny I must admit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you want a vision of the future imagine people running molten core and having Baron Geddon poo poo on them repeatedly....forever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bonermobile posted:

you don't need to be an enchanter to use the weapon thing

just found out the weapon graphic does not work well while attached to Thunderfury.

Now there really is no reason to have it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The future is 5 years ago. That's depressing.

quote:

VanillaGaming is the Oldest World of Warcraft Classic patch 1.12.1 server, formed 2009

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

The future is 5 years ago. That's depressing.

You start out at Max level and can do the AQ opening event and OG Naxrammas and buy the discontinued vanilla mounts.

It's pretty much like stepping into a time machine. However if you bought the Physical version of WOD it comes with 6 discs and it has all the patches in the files itself so you can extract and make your own server of whatever version you want. The Beta models also still exist in some form in the files as well as all the unfinished areas that are now blocked off post cataclysm(i.e. vomit mountain).

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It's really cool that Blizzard is nerfing Monk again. I didn't like contributing to raids, anyway.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm pretty much being facetious in that post, since Monk still does really good dps if played right. I just want to make sure nobody gets reaped.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

SEF is op as hell

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

One shotted every boss up till Imperator tonight in 2 hours. Feels good man Pepe.jpg

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Invite me to your raids if youre on alliance

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I got the black panther and red raptor mount from ZG.

I was honestly not expecting that since it's drop rate is ungodly low. However I'm done with all Cataclysm Dungeon and Raid achievements except one. And all I need to do is stand on Nozdromaru's platform in Dragon Soul to finish off the final Cataclysm raid achievement.

Deck Defender is nolonger a pain in the rear end since any ranged spell kills the drakes before they even drop off the Vykrul. And You can solo the Lightning Rod achievement with a pet class.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Whoever is making sure there's always a Blingtron up as soon as you zone out of your garrison onto the road south into SMV on my server is doing the Lord's Work.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

People in trade chat advertise dropping them on Moon Guard Horde every 30 minutes or so.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I hate the blingtron. It's too stupid, even for wow.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I got a remote controlled plane from stolen presents yesterday and spent several minutes flying it around and shooting rockets at people in Orgrimmar.

I don't think they appreciated the holiday spirit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That bird is my friend.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Spent 2 hours wiping on Mar'gok because people are retarded. Got him down to 24% which shouldn't even be hard, but only me and 3 other dps pull over 18k on average (not including burst damage) so it's just a grueling slog all the way till phase 4. :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like how people in my guild are worrying about being able to do mythic eventually when we can barely kill poo poo in normal. Like Twin Ogron died during the berserk the other week after they killed the tanks and melee.

Pretty sure cutting the fat so we can clear normal & heroic is more important then trying to bloat the team to 20 for a theoretical mythic team.

Not really looking forward to Ko'ragh, much less Mar'gok.

• Locked thread