Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Edit: I mean Cenarion Circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Almost every server I've seen has been experiencing major issues and/or is locked, so I don't think you really would be any better off.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Did I make a mistake staying on Moon Guard...

Every server is completely hosed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean are all the cool folks on Moon Guard.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm on moon guard now and i'm pretty cool

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I sat in the Moon Guard queue for 3 hours and got disconnected, so that's pretty cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's the most epic drat warcraft event of the decade!

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
The opening of the dark portal before BC was epic. I got my tabard of the protector to prove i was there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The throwback title screen is very awesome.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It works now.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I just watched Velen and Ner'zhul go full anime on each other.

This is a good xpack.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

warlords of fagnor :troll:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I thought about playin this a bit for the story and all but I realized my old guild is probably dust in the wind at this point and I hate doing MMOs without a group to hang out with sooooo rip wow

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Dexters Secret posted:

warlords of fagnor :troll:

gayturds of fagpoop

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazed posted:

I just watched Velen and Ner'zhul go full anime on each other.

This is a good xpack.

i managed to finish the Shadowmoon Valley stuff yesterday and that all ruled, I hope the rest of the alliance path is as good. They can't go too far wrong as long as Yrel is involved.

Rexicon1 posted:

I thought about playin this a bit for the story and all but I realized my old guild is probably dust in the wind at this point and I hate doing MMOs without a group to hang out with sooooo rip wow

on moon guard you will be practically besieged with guild offers, only some of which are erotic

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Axel Serenity posted:

I miss WoW and I miss moon guard lolrp because of people who don't actually want to play the game and just rp relationships instead

I shall live vicariously through you for this xpack, impers
When I manage to get in I will post the rp stuff of varying coolness I run into.

zeal posted:

on moon guard you will be practically besieged with guild offers, only some of which are erotic
About half in my experience. Moon Guard is the sexiest server.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i haven't been able to play for very long because of lag and thousands of people lining up to get into servers but what i did play was pretty good and fun. the opening sequence is very good and shadowmoon valley is very good and watching your garrison grow is very good. i went to ashran just to see it, and while i did not spend long there i thought that it looked very good and will probably be a cool faction city place. i can't say if i like frostfire ridge or not because i'm on malganis horde and that is a serious mess where nothing works.

it is just too bad that the servers are falling apart and motherboards are melting because everyone wants to see this cool expansion to world of warcraft.

i wish my shaman could cast lightning bolt on the move

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I mean are all the cool folks on Moon Guard.

Yea but the servers are hosed and theres usually a big queue, but from what i understand its the same way on every server..

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i did the frostfire ridge zone and it sucked the entire way through and the writing is really bad (nothing new there).. the garrisons are neat and do a lot of cool stuff but its super fuckin lame that a lot of it is limited behind restricted buildings and you can only have two out of the six or eight and you end up missing out on features that would otherwise be available to you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea I'll just stick with CC I guess.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

i did the frostfire ridge zone and it sucked the entire way through and the writing is really bad (nothing new there).. the garrisons are neat and do a lot of cool stuff but its super fuckin lame that a lot of it is limited behind restricted buildings and you can only have two out of the six or eight and you end up missing out on features that would otherwise be available to you

I think this is preferable to just being able to do everything. This way you actually think about what you want to put into your garrison. The writing is pretty bland but I don't really care because it's always been that way. The quests are at least fun and I think think the bonus objectives are a good idea.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Silver Striker posted:

I think this is preferable to just being able to do everything.

in an expansion that's already lacking on content across the board i don't think its a good idea to completely restrict content from players.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

in an expansion that's already lacking on content across the board i don't think its a good idea to completely restrict content from players.

It doesn't really seem like it is lacking on content to me. Plus I don't view it so much as restricting as giving you choices. It's like picking a class, you have to make some sacrifices.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Bonzi you should give up now because it doesn't get any better at endgame. Endgame is honestly some of the worst poo poo out there now. You have to do the same content 3-4 times a week in order to get maxed and a ton of the achievements are bullshit locked behind needing to run the same content 3-4 times a week. They don't directly say it int he achievements themselves but to get the raw numbers you do, the raiding decisions for WOD are more boneheaded than when Cataclysm launched. Honestly achievements were fun to get extra vanity poo poo, but now all fun things are locked behind serious hours of work you need to pour into the game.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bonzi you should give up now because it doesn't get any better at endgame. Endgame is honestly some of the worst poo poo out there now. You have to do the same content 3-4 times a week in order to get maxed and a ton of the achievements are bullshit locked behind needing to run the same content 3-4 times a week. They don't directly say it, but the raiding decisions for WOD are more boneheaded than when Cataclysm launched. Honestly achievements were fun to get extra vanity poo poo, but now all fun things are locked behind serious hours of work you need to pour into the game.

You've never made an accurate post about anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

You've never made an accurate post about anything.

No this is pretty much correct in how Warcraft is operating. You need to stop getting offended when people talk about bad vdieogames.

final Fantasy 14 is being run better than WoW at this point.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Urgh I am kinda tempted to try this again. Help me imps.

Are there hilarious posts from people who actually took off work and are sitting in a queue/watching maintenance be extended endlessly? Because that's sad but lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

No this is pretty much correct in how Warcraft is operating.

It's not. You just make poo poo up all the loving time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

It's not. You just make poo poo up all the loving time.

It's not made up the PTR servers showed what you had to do already to complete the achievements. They have jay Wilson's cum all over them. The First tier to WOD is going to suck once the vast majority of people get to it.

It's no secret that the people who played it already hated it.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I see you edited your post. I don't get mad when people bad talk video games. I get annoyed when people make poo poo up and spread it around. It's fine if you don't like WoW or Blizzard. I don't care. But don't make up stupid loving lies about them. Hate them for the plenty of legit reasons.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I see you edited your post. I don't get mad when people bad talk video games. I get annoyed when people make poo poo up and spread it around. It's fine if you don't like WoW or Blizzard. I don't care. But don't make up stupid loving lies about them. Hate them for the plenty of legit reasons.

I don't see how you can call the raid design decisions they made good. When all they did was add another tier of difficulty on top of the existing ones and making the flex raid unable to attain the same achievements needed to unlock stuff. Despite the original problem being that nobody had enough to really do 20-25 man which was why flex raid was made. The problem still is you need 20 people for the actual final endgame content and there's many people who can't get 20 people together on a weekly basis.

it's the most counterproductive design decision made. And then the class changes ontop of that too, it's been 10 years and they still are not sure how to get classes to work.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 14, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't see how you can call the raid design decisions they made good. When all they did was add another tier of difficulty on top of the existing ones and making the flex raid unable to attain the same achievements needed to unlock stuff. Despite the original problem being that nobody had enough to really do 20-25 man which was why flex raid was made. The problem still is you need 20 people for the actual final endgame content and there's many people who can't get 20 people together on a weekly basis.

They didn't add a new difficulty. Plenty of people still do 20-25 man content you moron, flex was made so more people could raid (something Blizzard has stated as one of their goals for a long rear end time). Requiring a set number of people for the hardest content makes sense because they actually want that to be somewhat fairly balanced, and that requires you know exactly how many people are going to be coming. You're making poo poo up again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stop giving that guy reasons to say poo poo.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Stop giving that guy reasons to say poo poo.

You're right. It just always gets under my skin when people make poo poo up. It's really dishonest and extremely loving fail.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

never respond to or read taint reaper posts

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

They didn't add a new difficulty. Plenty of people still do 20-25 man content you moron, flex was made so more people could raid (something Blizzard has stated as one of their goals for a long rear end time). Requiring a set number of people for the hardest content makes sense because they actually want that to be somewhat fairly balanced, and that requires you know exactly how many people are going to be coming. You're making poo poo up again.

If you're making the bosses just HP sponges per raised difficulty that's still terrible design, they might unlock an extra ability or two, but the Warcraft bosses are still made pretty badly. They really have not changed all that much. Like really you can't even hop onto the bosses' back while fighting or latch onto them. Yeah you had Deathwing at the end of cataclysm but that poo poo was a phased gauntlet, you were not on the actual deathwing model that you fight from beginning to end. They tack on a ton of annoying poo poo in leu of trying to make the fights more engaging.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's a shame to hear that Frostfire ridge blows, because Shadowmoon was hella epic.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's a shame to hear that Frostfire ridge blows, because Shadowmoon was hella epic.

I enjoyed Frostfire, but I haven't done Shadowmoon yet so I can't really compare them. There are some really cool parts of Frostfire.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously for the amount of testing they put in and with months to design these fights you would think they could make the fights more dynamic by having multiple ways to kill the bosses. Giving 3-4 ways to kill a single boss is not a bad thing and would open the game up more to not needing a static number of classes. I mean geez environmental hazards to down bosses is something that is not new at all but has yet to ever be used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

man i kinda wish i had internet to play this expansion but i know that i shouldn't

• Locked thread