Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Waffleman_ posted:

The uncut video says it's episode 18, the banner says it's episode 16, but I'm pretty sure this is episode 17.

Cheez posted:

Armogeddon and Mined Your Own Business are both episode 15.

Wow, you guys are right! It's a good thing I don't use these banners for the OP any more. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
You have The Cursed Medal in your pouch, which makes you unable to use your pouch, which makes you unable to use anything in your pouch, which makes you unable to use The Cursed Medal, which lets you use your pouch. But you can't use your pouch because you have The Cursed Medal. But... *bzzt*

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I feel for Fledge. I work as a journalist for a small-town paper, and I typically don't find out about things until a week later, after everyone else already knows. Everyone here gossips, but no one likes to tell the newspaper anything, because "we don't want it spread around." Instead they post it on Facebook or Topix. :ughh:

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

I can't get the silly images out of my head so I doodled them. Fledge wanting to get buff is a little funny to me because of his gentle personality. I doubt having more muscles would take that away, but just like imagine this. Or well uh look at it instead.

And Groose is such a great character. Obviously the birds caught on quick because they don't really seem to leave him alone for very long. I just want to imagine him walking around with birds chilling out all over.

And um technically it didn't take Link 20 minutes to get back to Faron Woods considering he went back up to the sky and slept there for a bit (while also goofing around collecting stuff and talking to people). So I would say it's not that unreasonable for Gorko to get back there before Link does. Hee hee.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Poor item shop lady. :(

Also I cannot believe Jordan has never had Mountain Dew, that's so hosed up

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Grapplejack posted:

Poor item shop lady. :(

I hope that we're going to end up linking all of the Awkward Zombie strips for this game before the thread's over. That, or Jordan actually goes and reads the webcomic.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I gotta say I love Fledge's design, mainly for dat hips :swoon:

GKirby
Jun 19, 2008

I DID IT ALL FOR THE GAMBIT
Hyrule Warriors has ruined Heart Pieces for me.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Akogare Zephyr posted:

I can't get the silly images out of my head so I doodled them. Fledge wanting to get buff is a little funny to me because of his gentle personality. I doubt having more muscles would take that away, but just like imagine this. Or well uh look at it instead.

And Groose is such a great character. Obviously the birds caught on quick because they don't really seem to leave him alone for very long. I just want to imagine him walking around with birds chilling out all over.

Oh wow, these are both great! I'm adding them to the OP, thanks so much! :swoon:

Akogare Zephyr posted:

And um technically it didn't take Link 20 minutes to get back to Faron Woods considering he went back up to the sky and slept there for a bit (while also goofing around collecting stuff and talking to people). So I would say it's not that unreasonable for Gorko to get back there before Link does. Hee hee.

Dang, I completely forgot about that. How am I going to keep up with all the time travel stuff when I can't even keep up with regular time. :eng99:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I'm surprised no one mentioned how much like the Majora's Incarnation theme the Mining Facility music was. I thought it was fine.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

frozentreasure posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned how much like the Majora's Incarnation theme the Mining Facility music was. I thought it was fine.

I cannot unhear it now.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

A little while ago we got ourselves a nice harp and now it's finally time to make use of it! Also, we're going to fight everyone's favourite boss in the whole effin' game! :buddy:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I goddamn love how the game tries to sell this boss as an evil, uncanny force of pure wrong, but just about everything about it except for the teeth is adorable (and even then it sort of works with it). It's even kind of pudgy and it's toes do a little wiggle when they pop back up, I could totally see this thing running up and licking something like a dog, or trying to and falling over sideways in a comedic fashion.

What I'm saying is that Skyloft youtube is probably 80% videos of this thing.

e: and he's even got a little underbite, who's a great big silly abomination, yes you are :syoon:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 4, 2015

John Liver
May 4, 2009

JordanKai posted:

A little while ago we got ourselves a nice harp and now it's finally time to make use of it! Also, we're going to fight everyone's favourite boss in the whole effin' game! :buddy:

That pan down to his feet at 6:30 is the moment when, playing this game at home, I just let out the word "Laaaaaaaaaame..."

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:aaa: I never used the air vent in the center of the pit, and I don't think I ever knew you could skip the toes and just land on his head! :aaa:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
It's a bastard to pull off.

I hate that loving thing. I quit Hyrule Warriors over it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

JordanKai posted:

As a person whose knowledge of this game is what I see here, I am immensely disappointed that Grouse wasn't the boss in question.

Probably because someone of his caliber is final boss material.

e: I forgot my obligatory comment on how muppet boss is super adorable and I'm sad we had to put him back in jail instead of adopting him as a pet.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 4, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its kind of amazing how the feet completely ruin the Imprison's design. The early cutscenes make it look like this big horrible worm monster that's gonna devour everything and that's kind of freaky. Then he erupts out of the ground and...oh, you're some fat whale thing that just waddles around. You can't even stand up if I hack your stubby little toes off. Oh god what are you doing now are you loving wiggling on your stomach? This is the ultimate evil?!? :psyduck:

I'd say the Imprisoned is the worst part of this game. So of course it is the one boss from Skyward Sword that shows up in Hyrule Warriors, where its the worst part of THAT game too.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Imprisoned is stupid and it is basically the main thing that prevents me from going back and replaying this game

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

This is Nintendo we're talking about. Ultimate Evil came in the form of a blue hedgehog. Good has triumphed, so now we're left with muppets.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Just to be safe I'm editing this out.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 4, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
The Imprisoned looks super goofy and completely non-threatening.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

It's stupid, but it does get better.

Hah.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

apostateCourier posted:

It's stupid, but it does get better. The way I think of it is that it has such limited power right now that it can barely hold a shape together at all.

I mean in terms of graphical design it looks better but the fights get worse and worse

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 4, 2015

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

It's stupid, but it does get better. The way I think of it is that it has such limited power right now that it can barely hold a shape together at all.

majormonotone posted:

I mean in terms of graphical design it looks better but the fights get worse and worse

Whooooa gang, ease up on the spoilers please! :ohdear:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 4, 2015

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Man, I never noticed before but does every Zelda game from Ocarina of Time onwards really have a contrived and arbitrary "here's this random instrument that's totally super important to both the plot and gameplay now!" thing? Like, I get that Ocarina of Time was super popular and all but at least there you were told upfront it was a thing and it actually made some degree of sense.

Meanwhile here it feels like the thought process was more "oh right we forgot to throw an instrument in here uhhhh, here's a harp that can kind of sort of do time stuff but not really I guess whatever."

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Man, I never noticed before but does every Zelda game from Ocarina of Time onwards really have a contrived and arbitrary "here's this random instrument that's totally super important to both the plot and gameplay now!" thing? Like, I get that Ocarina of Time was super popular and all but at least there you were told upfront it was a thing and it actually made some degree of sense.

Meanwhile here it feels like the thought process was more "oh right we forgot to throw an instrument in here uhhhh, here's a harp that can kind of sort of do time stuff but not really I guess whatever."
Twilight Princess doesn't. You do get a horse call, but that's all it does, and the rest of your music is handled by wolf howls.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dragonatrix posted:

Closer to every zelda game since they hit the super nintendo has a plot macGuffin that gets lots of use throughout the game. They're often instruments, but stuff like the mirror from a link to the past, the rod from oracle of seasons, wolf form(kind of, since the wolf doubles as an instrument with the howling) from TP show up too.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
The problem is more that instruments seem obligatory now, to the point where they'll add them even if they're not cool, don't work like that, can't be used on their own, or any combination of those three. The harp is another disappointment in the "instrument" side of things because all you're really doing is sweeping your hand back and forth, hoping the game recognizes when you've gone far enough and doesn't make you repeat your strokes a lot. You don't really get to "play" the instrument alone, and this happens far too often in the series. It's pretty clear that future games' instruments are trying to pull an Ocarina of Time bit, but failing miserably more often than not.

GKirby
Jun 19, 2008

I DID IT ALL FOR THE GAMBIT
Isn't it a tradition? Doesn't every Zelda game have a musical component to it?

Zelda had the whistle, LttP had a Ocarina, LA had all the dungeon McGuffins, Oracle series had the animal buddy horns, OoT and MM had Ocarinas again, TP had the Wolf songs, WW had, well, the Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks had the flute.

I'd say having a musical component is about as part of the formula as having Link start the game asleep.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

GKirby posted:

Zelda had the whistle, LttP had a Ocarina, LA had all the dungeon McGuffins, Oracle series had the animal buddy horns, OoT and MM had Ocarinas again, TP had the Wolf songs, WW had, well, the Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks had the flute.

I'd say having a musical component is about as part of the formula as having Link start the game asleep.

Adventure of Link had a flute. LA had an Ocarina as well. Oracle of Ages had the Harp of Ages. Minish Cap had an Ocarina. TP had the horse call. LBW had a bell.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

GKirby posted:

The difference is when it's just a thing you put on a button and forget about, and when they make a big deal about it and give you the illusion of being able to play it, a disease that happened only after Ocarina of Time.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The real question is: when will the Link-only orchestra, conducted by Wind Waker Link, be a thing?

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Pyroi posted:

The real question is: when will the Link-only orchestra, conducted by Wind Waker Link, be a thing?

Legend of Zelda: Mozart in Hyrule

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

They almost did that, once.

Resulted in a horrible cacophony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwn_zu-Q9A&t=180s

It's too bad, because the actual Ballad of the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening was a nice piece of music.

Vateke
Jun 29, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

They almost did that, once.

Resulted in a horrible cacophony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwn_zu-Q9A&t=180s

It's too bad, because the actual Ballad of the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening was a nice piece of music.

I actually really liked that segment. I thought it sounded good.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

kalonZombie posted:

The Imprisoned looks super goofy and completely non-threatening.

If they'd given it arms instead of legs, it'd look much more threatening. Seeing it claw its way towards the temple instead of waddle along would give it more character.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Geostomp posted:

If they'd given it arms instead of legs, it'd look much more threatening. Seeing it claw its way towards the temple instead of waddle along would give it more character.

It also doesn't help that it's entire method of attack is shuffle forward slowly, and sometimes butt wiggle faster up a giant spiral path. A monster isn't really a threat when it needs to use the wheelchair ramp.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Today we're going to discover where our quest to save Zelda is going to take us next! Also we're going to meet....someone. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm not saying that I wished you could shoot scrapper with your bow, but...

I don't mind Fi too much, but man scrapper...

• Locked thread