Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I'm glad you pointed out the accidental shortcut in the telescope room heart puzzle. I cheated like crazy and looked up solutions for most of the puzzles during NG+, but that heart piece was one of few that I managed to "solve" legitimately myself on my first play through. It sucks to see that I didn't *really* solve it, but hey I was close enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I forget where, but in an interview I saw with Phil Fish he got to talking about one of his goals with making this game. Basically that he wanted to bring back the idea of meeting up with people elsewhere outside the game and learning new things through the grapevine. His specific example was the flying mechanic. He wanted it to resemble the kind of thing that you'd hear about at school during the day and then you'd get home to try it out and holy poo poo it actually works. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the whole point of the monolith puzzle was just an extension of that thought. Where it's a giant mystery that promotes discussion of the game and the solution would be spread through that discussion. I like the idea of trying to bring a community experience to an otherwise single player game.

• Locked thread