Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desired AFC and NFC Championship Game participants? (Pick two per conference)
Arizona (NFC)
Baltimore (AFC)
Buffalo (AFC)
Carolina (NFC)
Cincinnati (AFC)
Cleveland (AFC)
Dallas (NFC)
Denver (AFC)
Detroit (NFC)
Green Bay (NFC)
Houston (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
Kansas City (AFC)
Miami (AFC)
Minnesota (NFC)
New England (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)
Pittsburgh (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
San Francisco (NFC)
Seattle (NFC)
View Results

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Chargers are going to Beat Kansas City and then Beat either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati and then Beat New England and then Beat Denver and then Beat Seattle in the Superbowl

You won't have your precious sun to help you this time. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Chargers are going to Beat Kansas City and then Beat either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati and then Beat New England and then Beat Denver and then Beat Seattle in the Superbowl

jump cut revealing it was all a coma dream of philip rivers aafter tamba hali stone cold stunnered him into arrowhead to the joy of bitch idiot chiefs fans, someone shows him a newspaper that says "BENGALS MAKE IT THREE IN A ROW" and its february 2017. philip makes the macaulay culkin home alone face, roll credits

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I don't care who does it or what teams are involved, nothing would top one football player giving another a legit Stone Cold Stunner.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Atticus Finch posted:

I don't care who does it or what teams are involved, nothing would top one football player giving another a legit Stone Cold Stunner.

James Harrison, in his last act as a relevant LB, will do it to Andy Dalton this Sunday.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm fine with that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

jump cut revealing it was all a coma dream of philip rivers aafter tamba hali stone cold stunnered him into arrowhead to the joy of bitch idiot chiefs fans, someone shows him a newspaper that says "BENGALS MAKE IT THREE IN A ROW" and its february 2017. philip makes the macaulay culkin home alone face, roll credits

By 2017 the Bengals will have six straight wild card round losses, not three. :confused:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

folks it's time to promote the marsh pussy man

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Happy holidays to one and all!

May you receive your much sought after gift this week, so that it can soothe your soul after the Steelers' impending title run.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kalensc posted:

May you receive your much sought after gift this week, so that it can soothe your soul after the Steelers' impending title run.

More like a title walk. :corsair:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

kalensc posted:

All I want is a pick lower than 20th but that appears impossible.

The 20th pick: the football equivalent of getting socks for Christmas.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

axeil posted:

All I want is a pick lower than 20th but that appears impossible.

The 20th pick: the football equivalent of getting socks for Christmas.

Ugh, you think that's bad? Try having the 32nd pick. :smugbird:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

Ugh, you think that's bad? Try having the 32nd pick. :smugbird:

Honestly wonder if Kawalimus has ever made this argument

Or if he's ever rooted for the Ravens to lose the Super Bowl because Pick 31 is one of the few that the Ravens have never held in the history of the franchise

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

Honestly wonder if Kawalimus has ever made this argument

Or if he's ever rooted for the Ravens to lose the Super Bowl because Pick 31 is one of the few that the Ravens have never held in the history of the franchise

Stop, you're giving him new ideas for driving me apoplectic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My dream is the Cowboys do this year to the pats in the Super Bowl what Seattle did to Denver last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

It's going to be Patriots vs Packers or Seahawks with Tom Brady getting a 4th ring behind a revamped defense. We all know it's going to happen. This is our punishment for the week of calling the Patriots bad after the Chiefs game. Last time anyone criticized Tom Brady that much was the Lawyer Malloy game against Buffalo in 2003, and then they went and tore up the league. This is our doing. We must suffer the consequences of our own hate.

Just accept this in your heart so when it does happen the pain is lessened somewhat

I will allow this but only if Eli Bullshit means the Patriots lose next year, and are then perennially kicked from the playoffs by Bort.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I don't even know who to root for in the playoffs this year. So many teams I hate are in (Packers, Steelers, Cowboys etc.)

Go Bengals...?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yaws posted:

I don't even know who to root for in the playoffs this year. So many teams I hate are in (Packers, Steelers, Cowboys etc.)

Go Bengals...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6T0WqD7KxM

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

If the Steelers can't make it far then I really hope Cincy and/or San Diego/Houston/K.C go on a deep run.

If the final four is N.E, Den, Ind, & Bal then go to hell AFC.

Anyone but Seattle or Green Bay from the NFC would be aces, especially long-suffering Detroit or Team Romo.

Romo leading Dallas to wins over some/all of Rodgers, Wilson, Brady/Manning/etc would be phenomenal. Finally some playoff success to blunt the inane choker arguments (cause dummies ignore stats showing otherwise).

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Eli Bullshit still reigns supreme because literally every Super Bowl-winning quarterback since 2006 has been Eli or someone who's played Eli in the regular season. Meanwhile, every Super Bowl-losing team has either been the Patriots or a team that played the Patriots in the regular season. The outcome of this season was ordained long ago. It will be the Seahawks, Cardinals, Cowboys, Falcons, Texans, Colts or Lions that are celebrating when it's all over.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yaws posted:

Go Bengals...?

Lions, Bengals, Cardinals, goofy NFC South winner, Chargers(?)

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Hell I think I may even be rooting for Lions over Steelers this year. Every other team can go to hell.

E: Oh the Cardinals are cool. Panthers if they get in.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Eli Bullshit still reigns supreme because literally every Super Bowl-winning quarterback since 2006 has been Eli or someone who's played Eli in the regular season. Meanwhile, every Super Bowl-losing team has either been the Patriots or a team that played the Patriots in the regular season. The outcome of this season was ordained long ago. It will be the Seahawks, Cardinals, Cowboys, Falcons, Texans, Colts or Lions that are celebrating when it's all over.

Ahahahaha

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cruel and Unusual posted:

You know both the giants and the ravens also played the Pats when the won the Super Bowl.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah seriously, you're all going about it the wrong way. You don't root FOR teams in the playoffs, you root for teams to lose.

gently caress you Patriots, gently caress you Packers, gently caress you Seahawks, Lions: you're cool.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

You won't have your precious sun to help you this time. :smugbert:

In Arizona? Yeah, they will.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fenrir posted:

In Arizona? Yeah, they will.

February at an indoor stadium?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah seriously, you're all going about it the wrong way. You don't root FOR teams in the playoffs, you root for teams to lose.

gently caress you Patriots, gently caress you Packers, gently caress you Seahawks, Lions: you're cool.

Doing it right.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

YMB posted:

Super Bowl

New England @ Green Bay

(Packers win)

Ew.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

Better than New York :colbert:

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet

Chichevache posted:

You ever been here, man? It's gonna be 80 and they'll have the roof open.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What are the games today that matter?

Gb v det andddd ??

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Waroduce posted:

What are the games today that matter?

Gb v det andddd ??

Atlanta v Carolina

To decide your eventual super bowl champ

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Important noon games:

Chargers/Ravens
nothing else really.

Important afternoon games:
Lions/Packers
Panthers/Falcons
Rams/Seahawks
Cardinals/49ers

Also Bengals/Steelers

For some reason the NFC South title game is on CBS.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
If Denver loses to Oakland the #2 seed is up for grabs, I believe.

Edit : in checking, yes, but only the only team that can claim it is Cincinnati if they win.

Rooster Brooster fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 28, 2014

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Randandal posted:

For some reason the NFC South title game is on CBS.

Not only do you have a win-and-in game between a team that is 6-8-1 and another that is 6-9, but it is, theoretically, the CBS feature game today, Nantz and Simms calling it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Go the Texans, Chiefs, and Browns bitch :getin:

But yeah, beyond that and the GB/DET game I don't see a lot out there.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kwik posted:

Not only do you have a win-and-in game between a team that is 6-8-1 and another that is 6-9, but it is, theoretically, the CBS feature game today, Nantz and Simms calling it.

Nantz and simms should be punished by banishment to only call NFC South games for their crimes against watchable broadcasts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

axeil posted:

Nantz and simms should be punished by banishment to only call NFC South games for their crimes against watchable broadcasts.

Why punish me?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

AFC

#6 Baltimore @ #3 Cin@Pit Winner
#5 Cin@Pit Loser @ #4 Indianapolis

(Indy #3, Cin #4, Pit #5 if Cin@Pit is a tie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

kalensc posted:

AFC

#6 Baltimore @ #3 Cin@Pit Winner
#5 Cin@Pit Loser @ #4 Indianapolis

(Indy #3, Cin #4, Pit #5 if Cin@Pit is a tie)

And I know two games that I can skip next weekend...

• Locked thread