Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yah seriously. You can rob dumb shits going for 120 Agi out of millions of gold while also making 77 Agi for quests hurt literally half as much.

Also, having sent in a brave goon to be a guinea pig, I can now recommend the Barbass tutorial if you haven't played the game or need to refresh on what's going on. Ask in clan chat for a normal mode run if you haven't killed the Queen since Hard Mode got added, and be ready to run waves 1-6 (which is super easy and still pays lots of bxp) and sell Wave 7 tickets for LOADSAMONEY

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Shoutout to Dread Queen who was cool enough to get me this sweet rear end hook.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
Got a barbarian creeping on you there.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

Shoutout to Dread Queen who was cool enough to get me this sweet rear end hook.

Did I just see a runescape version of a photobomb?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Annotations added to the QBD guide video, and a Novice video added to show how to do it with subpar equipment (no annotations yet).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Pubbies are loving dumb.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
BEHOLD, MAGRES DELIVERS! I'm gonna be running a ton of Hardass Barbass on Saturday, November 22nd. I've got like 8m bxp to hammer out and a ton of money to make. I'm planning to just run waves 1-6 over and over because they're real fast and still deliver solid bxp.

Also, 99 Cooking :toot:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
It was inevitable. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iRHjPmSrM

I got 99 Cooking on New Year's Eve.. held out nearly a full year without any more 99's... but now... :negative:

:negative:.. in other news...

I deliver a message for Dread Queen.

28 5's, 1 4. If I find out which one of you ruined what could've been a perfect 5, I will nerdshame you for life.

All these pubbies ignoring the Crystal Impling! I have to wait for it to get to normal ground, then...

Bammo. It's mine.

Pubbies being pubbies. :[]

Hard clue treasure trail.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Elite clue scrolls everybody

(I guess the sad thing is as they go this is pretty good!)

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 17, 2014

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Oh hey the new clue scroll update is out time to open my elite casket maybe i'll get something rare and uncommon and cool!

:negative: I hope they seriously buffed dragon med rates and that isn't some mega-rare loot pile

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

grats on the tele scrolls tho

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Like seeing the value from the start for immediate disappointment. Can't wait to try the new system out.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

With Christmas coming up, it's time to start thinking about some festive suggestions for the Ninja Team to develop - today I noticed a glaring issue that desperately needs correcting ASAP: The Santa Beard can't be attached to luchador masks OR sombreros!

I posted a thread on the Ninja Team forums about this, and they need to hear from some more supporters before they add this Very Important Update. Help me GoonScape, you're my only hope.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

BEHOLD, MAGRES DELIVERS! I'm gonna be running a ton of Hardass Barbass on Saturday, November 22nd. I've got like 8m bxp to hammer out and a ton of money to make. I'm planning to just run waves 1-6 over and over because they're real fast and still deliver solid bxp.

Also, 99 Cooking :toot:

i'll be down to defend for the entirety of saturday. would like to raise my coll/healer roles too though

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
Is it bad that this thread made me want to play runescape again? damnit.

I'll log in and see whats up.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Roghie posted:

Is it bad that this thread made me want to play runescape again? damnit.

I'll log in and see whats up.

They always come back.

GoonScape is one of the best goon groups you can join so enjoy, even if you aren't going to play seriously it's great to chat with fellow Goonscapers.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.

How Rude posted:

They always come back.

GoonScape is one of the best goon groups you can join so enjoy, even if you aren't going to play seriously it's great to chat with fellow Goonscapers.

Turns out I was permamently banned for macroing in march? Ive tried appealing it but I dont know how they go about these things anymore. Is it just as slow to start from scratch today as it was in 08?

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
It's quicker than ever. I started over in July and I've accomplished more than I ever did in my years old accounts of the past.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also Goonscape will help accelerate you past as much of the bullshit as possible. Liiike clan citadel! It's a thing you can go do menial tasks in for buckets and buckets of XP (even without the promise of pay, it's worth doing), and if you max out your contribution for the week (takes an hour or two) then talk to Pizza Lady (Themata here on the forums) and she'll toss 500k at you each week you do citadel. It's a really good chunk of seed money to jump you past the horrible "oh god I have to save up 40k for a rune pick that will take me a week" stage of being a newbie.

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 17, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Magres posted:

Also Goonscape will help accelerate you past as much of the bullshit as possible. Liiike clan citadel! It's a thing you can go do menial tasks in for buckets and buckets of XP (even without the promise of pay, it's worth doing), and if you max out your contribution for the week (takes an hour or two) then talk to Pizza Lady (Themata here on the forums) and she'll toss 500k at you each week you do citadel. It's a really good chunk of seed money to jump you past the horrible "oh god I have to save up 40k for a rune pick that will take me a week" stage of being a newbie.

A riskier source of dough is Flex Mentallo (aka 99 Cents Amigo on SA)'s loan program, where what you borrow from him for no interest a month and then at the end of the month he takes 100% interest every day you don't pay.

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012
Yeah the clan citadel got me to like 40 Summoning just doing that after a few weeks.

Goons were also really patient during my "ask about everything in the game" stage.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Something's hosed up with the Cadarn warriors today.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Can we get a list of who namechanged to what please? I took such a long break that since everyone is named Pizza ______, that I don't know who is who. If you're now a pizza something, can you tell me who you really are?

Also, hit 99 strength IRL.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 18, 2014

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Professor Oak posted:

Can we get a list of who namechanged to what please? I took such a long break that since everyone is named Pizza ______, that I don't know who is who. If you're now a pizza something, can you tell me who you really are?

I am Pizza Man my other names have been joachim783 and Spergie Sama

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Professor Oak posted:

Was Imma Peanutt, now Imma Pizza

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Was Imma Peanutt, now Imma Pizza

one of us

ONE OF US

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Based on clan chat talk:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

The first Hardcore Ironman to reach level 99 agility committed suicide soon after his achievement:

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
Sounds cool.

I'll check it out after work then.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Augster posted:

The first Hardcore Ironman to reach level 99 agility committed suicide soon after his achievement:

That's brilliant

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I started off as xplayx4, became Ex-pizzax4, then Xenopus, now Pasta Girl. Will soon be Pasta Boy.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I've been

Theasslantic
Thegoatsea

and now I'm

calzone4lyfe

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
In Pizza Lady we crust.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Hello, thread!

How are pubbies reacting to the new player examines?

A special challenge to Pizza Lady:

????

żżżż

And :911:

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Pubbie Top Trumps
I'll go first and shall select Clan!

Also this one is for joachim

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
Man I haven't played Runescape since I was 10 but somehow reading this OP makes me want to try it again.

Is it worth being a member off the bat or should I be doing all the available free content before becoming a member?

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

LunaDeus posted:

Man I haven't played Runescape since I was 10 but somehow reading this OP makes me want to try it again.

Is it worth being a member off the bat or should I be doing all the available free content before becoming a member?

I'd say get membership immediately. Even from the very beginning members have more access to content and better versions of it

joachim783
May 9, 2013

LemonyTang posted:

I'd say get membership immediately. Even from the very beginning members have more access to content and better versions of it

Not to mention that the members only part of the map is almost 3X larger than the f2p part.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I've made a vital important change to the old goonscape banner:

New clues!

Kingly intermission

:eng99:

New rudes!

New examines!

New high scores!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

There should be a self imposed threshold on when to reroll rewards. For my elites I'm guessing not to reroll unless around 200k or below. My average for 5 elites has been 330k per clue yet my reroll on a 359k clue knocked it down to 200 or so.

Don't know much about other clue types but there should be a similar mindset.

Also haven't run into any new items. Guess those are just as rare as every other good reward, including fallen stars and effigies.