Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Ok, camel's back is broken, it's coup time with that last post.

The camel's back is broken because the goon riding it had too much pizza. :engleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Ok, camel's back is broken, it's coup time with that last post.

The age of Flex Romana is over, allow for a greater and more powerful leader to lead us into these glorious and golden days of pizza

eat out get fat my friends :burger:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

We will snap the pizzarchy into two, and burn all that remains until nothing is left. From these ashes, we will rebuild a new legacy.

A better legacy.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Snap the Pizzarchy in two and fold it over.

CALZONE REVOLUTION

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
blasphemers

edit: I took a look at the Barb Assault guide that Pizza Lady copied from Magres and the lack of good Defender advice is shameful, so I ask that you revise it.

:burger: WillyGinker's Never Fear Defender Guide :burger:

Defender: As a Defender your job is to prevent runners from getting through the tunnel and call for your teammates. Boarding up holes is usually not worth it though boarding up the ranger or healer wall can help ease some of the pressure for your Healer/Attackers on the left side of the map in hard mode. If a penance runner makes it to the end of the cave they move back to the beginning and you have to try and trap them again. Defender is actually fairly simple and becomes very easy once you get the basic strategies and nuances down.

Immediately when the game starts you should move to the dispenser and get your items. You should be the last member added to a team so that you spawn closest to the dispenser since you need to move ASAP to the eastern trap, dropping wrong bait in a trail as you head north. Immediately lay a horizontal line of the called bait in front of the runner entrance, and then in a path to the trap, then grab a few sets of logs next to the tunnels. The runners tend to lounge about before being lured so don't be discouraged if they don't chase the trail immediately. Don't be afraid to drop a ton of the called bait since you start with a stack of 50 of each and are very unlikely to run out. If a bait you laid from a previous call is still on the ground it will still attract appropriately, the change only affects bait that you drop in that instant rather than bait already on the ground.

The penance will never move through the defender, so you can body block 4+ penance right next to the trap as they move to the lure on it; move out of the way and all four will land on it at the same time. Normally a single penance runner weakens the trap's health by 1 point from its maximum of two, however stacking many penance to land on the trap at the same time is very efficient and usually lets you finish killing the runners well before the rest of your team completes their goals. Repair the trap and be sure to replenish your correct bait line and stack the runners up again.

Starting out in normal mode there are two runners on the first wave and gradually they increase to about 6-8 in the higher waves. In hard mode I don't believe the number is much higher.

Some other notes:
  • In normal mode an improperly dropped bait will only cause the runner to remove themselves from the trail of bait and move back. I believe in hard mode an improper bait will cause the runner to explode an incredibly dangerous AoE, as well as the runner dying, so be careful and move out of the way in hard mode!
  • It is important to note that the defender's trap WILL hurt allies but not hurt the defender himself, so teammates should be careful. However you should be doing all your trapping on the right trap while the rest of your team messes around on the west side, which should keep you relatively safe.
  • If you find yourself in a dangerous position just move to the cannon on the right side and ask the medic to heal you. If you find yourself swarmed by monsters your team lured the monsters to the right/failed to lure them left, and it is their fault for being dumb pubbies.
  • If a runner moves past your initial trail, don't sperg out and panic like Magres! It's very easy to recover a lost penance by spamming a whole bunch of the called bait in front of the runner and run a secondary trail up to the trap. If you find yourself overwhelmed feel free to drop a defensive line of incorrect bait behind the trap to cause the penance to move back several spaces.
  • Contrary to popular belief, ranking up the defender role does not improve lure range. All it does is give you extra logs when shot with a green egg by the collector, so feel free to defend at any role level!

Hope this helps anyone asking for help, and that noob Magres, too! Eat out get fat, my friends! :btroll:
edit2: Please add this to Magres's lame section but don't remove his old section either so we can shame him for being bad at defender. Also the below images are awesome and should be their own separate section.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 25, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
how 2 defener: real edition from pro™ defender Pizza Pirate

Normal mode and hard mode are exactly the same for you except in hard mode runner deal damage to you as they die or eat wrong bait if you're on top/one tile from them. Other than that defender is exactly the same. Wrong bait will NOT kill a defender in HM, only cause a AoE attack.

If you play defender correctly you WILL be the first to be finished. After which you should man the cannon. Defender is the second easiest role (collected being the easiest) if you learn it. Note that as you level up the range of your bait increases (there is debate over this but i believe it does - any official jaggy word on this?) - defender sucks at low levels. It sucks hard, and often you'll feel your bait is being ignored. It gets much, MUCH better, though. At level 5 you will feel like a god.

To play defender, follow this flowchart:

Round start

||
\/

Get items from vending machine
Run up on the left side of the canon while constantly dropping THE WRONG BAIT. Wrong bait, when eaten by a runner, causes it to run back up north. After this step the map will look like this.

(note: when the bait type changes, the bait will remain in the state it was dropped. If the correct bait is crackers and you drop worms, then the correct bait becomes worms, the worms you dropped before still act like the wrong bait. Same is true for correct bait.)

||
\/

pick up the logs unless its a early round. the trap can only spring 2 times before needing repairs, 1 log = 1 fix. The traps can kill multiple runners if they are stacked, surrounding the trap. Run back tot he trap while dropping the CORRECT BAIT. Your map should now look like this.

If you have done this right you will have done all of this before the first bait switch.

||
\/

After this set the wrong bait after the trap for any that happen to get by somehow/while you're repairing the trap. For the rest of the game you are just going to maintain the lines you have already set and repair your trap when needed. Your map will look like this;

The occasional runner might get by. This is rare ; when that happens, wrong bait is the best way to get it back up north since it causes it to retreat so much.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Hey nerds bad Transformers MMOs we don't advertise and nobody plays don't pay for themselves.

Although it makes me glad I'm still paying the really early price before they jacked it up twice.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Some dumb idiot posted:

Hey nerds bad Transformers MMOs we don't advertise and nobody plays don't pay for themselves.

Although it makes me glad I'm still paying the really early price before they jacked it up twice.

The important thing to remember is that you can play members for free as long as you make ~7m in two weeks, which isn't too difficult at higher levels.
The problem is that you are playing non-afk runescape for that money most likely, which is a miserable experience (I'm still paying only $5 a month)

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I bought 26 bonds in preparation, and they all ended up costing around 9m each. I don't imagine the price will drop any time soon (at least it better not :negative:).

e:

Insulting the Pizzarchy can result in bad things happening.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Maybe I misread, but did they ever say what the price would actually rise to?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

No pricing details from what I've scoured up, and the price change definitely has nothing to do with Jagex profits sinking sharply in the past year. If you still pay for membership with cash/bitcoins/ruples/those piece of lint that get caught in your pockets when you take your pants out of the wash, there's currently a half-price deal going on for 30-day membership cards on Amazon.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Soulhunter posted:

No pricing details from what I've scoured up, and the price change definitely has nothing to do with Jagex profits sinking sharply in the past year. If you still pay for membership with cash/bitcoins/ruples/those piece of lint that get caught in your pockets when you take your pants out of the wash, there's currently a half-price deal going on for 30-day membership cards on Amazon.

Well to be fair with the drop in profits, thats when they started hiring a shitload of people and when they started working on the previously mentioned Transformers MMO that nobody plays, so it's understandable that profits weren't as high as the year before.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So I got my guild invite the other night and just stared at the screen for a while and then logged out. It feels like it's almost harder picking up where I left off rather than starting afresh. Any advice, etc would be really appreciated

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Some dumb idiot posted:

Well to be fair with the drop in profits, thats when they started hiring a shitload of people and when they started working on the previously mentioned Transformers MMO that nobody plays, so it's understandable that profits weren't as high as the year before.

Yeah AFAIK profits aren't the only indicators of a company's successes or failures, especially since conditions can vary wildly from year to year. Profit is just one of many numbers that explain how a business is doing.

Hey I'm actually learning useful stuff in accounting! :v:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I didn't even know they had a transformers MMO, not that I paid much attention to Jagex over the past four years.

I think I'll grab a few of those 30 day cards off Amazon because I'm shamefully bad at making in game money and I'd prefer to keep the 9m+ every two weeks to play with less pressure.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

How Rude posted:

Yeah AFAIK profits aren't the only indicators of a company's successes or failures, especially since conditions can vary wildly from year to year. Profit is just one of many numbers that explain how a business is doing.

Hey I'm actually learning useful stuff in accounting! :v:

yea i mean for ages amazon made no profit at all because they invested it all back into the business.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Oh... Oh my. This is just precious. :allears:

Transgender poster on the RSOF complains about Jagex's LGBT censor. Pubbies react accordingly. This is like Dwarf's thread but with more sincerity.

Some highlights:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :supaburn:

:pedophiles:

As a straight white male playing as a waifu
:goonsay:

Please do not tell us you're queer, some of us find that icky.

:whitewater: The dictionary says *** means ********** and furthermore, I don't tell people I'm straight, why are you shoving your identity in my face via examine text?!

Transgenders are freaks.

lmao black people xd

Thread lock:

Saying you're gay in a player examine is controversial and not all parts of the world think being LGBT is right so THREAD LOCK.

Bonus:

Themata fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 26, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Oh... Oh my. This is just precious. :allears:

Transgender poster on the RSOF complains about Jagex's LGBT censor. Pubbies react accordingly. This is like Dwarf's thread but with more sincerity.

Those pubbies are awful and you should be free to express yourself, if child rapist horsefuckers can openly flaunt their evil fetishes and nobody cares why should LGBT be treated as less of a person?

You must be Atheist White Straight and upper class (but its also ok to be a pedophile, pervert, or furry) to properly enjoy the internet according to :pedophiles:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PSA: you don't get poo poo for FM challenges

dont be a loving retard like me and assume this game isn't an enormous shitheap and blow 2.5M on an extended Elder Log challenge

gently caress this game

it's like the loving poop touch item from the new binding of isaac, everything jagex touches turns to poo poo

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
:cawg:

Jokes on yew for burning through all your money. No one in the company is getting fired cause you didn't ask ahead of time after logging in if you'll get compensated.

e: Oh my god you extended it. Way to fan the flames. :cawg: :cawg: :cawg:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Upboater's bank cleaned. Please give upboats if you like it.

:suicide:

vvvvvv :mad: vvvvvv

Themata fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 26, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I agree with that port event, you sure are a windbag! Ohohoho!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

PSA: you don't get poo poo for FM challenges

Did you enjoy the small prism star for your key?

You did an FM challenge. You deserve to have blown 25M. Live with the shame.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So what is the best way to make money in the game? I don't have a skill over 43 yet and I am level 44.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Got my 90s milestone last night. theiving is still poo poo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SleepingPizza posted:

Got my 90s milestone last night. theiving is still poo poo

Now use an abyssal lurker to boost your theiving by 4 levels and you can theive from like a third of the priff elves and get ridiculously fast xp.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Did you enjoy the small prism star for your key?

You did an FM challenge. You deserve to have blown 25M. Live with the shame.

It was 2.5M not 25M

Nintendo Kid posted:

Now use an abyssal lurker to boost your theiving by 4 levels and you can theive from like a third of the priff elves and get ridiculously fast xp.

Yeah if you do Ivy or Seren Stones whenever they're mad at you and do lurker boosted thieving whenever you can you'll get like 93-94 in no time and thieving stops sucking

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

vulturesrow posted:

So what is the best way to make money in the game? I don't have a skill over 43 yet and I am level 44.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

Is your best bet for finding the best way of making the $$$

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
That's why I got 99 firemaking when enlightenment during summer was a thing on burning curly roots for like 480k xp per hour, so I never get those goddamn worthless challenges ever again.

Also Themata you need to add our defender guides to Magres's guide or add a new Defender BA guide to the OP so Goons starting Barb rear end don't struggle if they do defender.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

How Rude posted:

That's why I got 99 firemaking when enlightenment during summer was a thing on burning curly roots for like 480k xp per hour, so I never get those goddamn worthless challenges ever again.

Also Themata you need to add our defender guides to Magres's guide or add a new Defender BA guide to the OP so Goons starting Barb rear end don't struggle if they do defender.

I did, you would know if you read the OP.

:smug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

It was 2.5M not 25M

I'm saying you should have lost More, scrub. :smugbert:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

I did, you would know if you read the OP.

:smug:

I want :rr: to be a smiley so badly now

Kari you should whip one up, if I get drunk I might buy it

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Here's a... rainbow of options!

I think the first one is best.

Themata fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 27, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:swoon:

Gonna get drunk and buy one next time I get paid

Preid
May 22, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

Depends, F2P or P2P.

F2P the best money would be a mix of fletching headless arrows and tanning cow hides. The headless arrowheads are semi-afk'able but you can only buy so many from the GE at a time. All in all, this will bring in about 300k an hour but it's tedious. You can boost profit a bit if you buy your feathers from the fishing stores.

For low level members money making I would suggest casting egg spawn with 10 summoning. This will bring in about 700k an hour, so an hour a day will just about pay for membership. The guide on the wiki suggest using the edgevill bank but I find that it's easier to use the bankchest near the clan citadel portal.
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide/Casting_egg_spawn
You can also try tanning dragon hides, but the prices fluctuate a lot and you need a fair bit of starting cash before this becomes viable.

If you want to make money while fighting at a low level, you should fight cockroach soldiers/workers. they have fairly good normal drops and occasionally drop a rune scimitar or square shield.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

i boosted to do elf thieving for 90 because traders suck rear end

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
F2P is really not worth attempting to money grind in, as your options are severely limited. It is a good idea, however, to get a lot of your skills up (like 30+ is fine) through the low levels and doing all the f2p quests before you move on to member's.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Thanks for the tips all. I am P2P and I am Pizza Pong in Goonscape. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Preid posted:

If you want to make money while fighting at a low level, you should fight cockroach soldiers/workers. they have fairly good normal drops and occasionally drop a rune scimitar or square shield.

On members, you can also take a bunch of thread and high alch the carapace tops as you make them. Extra $$ your way.

You could also do cows on F2P and P2P. Turn a bunch of cowhides into hard leather boots and sell them to the shop for 300 GP each, or high alch for double, minus rune costs.