Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

If Twitch Plays Pokemon wasn't tedious enough for you, now you can bore yourself to death watching Twitch Plays 07Scape.

Sims in Twitchland posted:

Simsmagic: tab inv
Simsmagic: inv beer drink

A Good Goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
November's Poopsock Shaming:

Augster has finally been dethroned by someone other than frag. :cmon:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
how am i top in xp gains? Most days in novemeber i logged in, did dailies, logged out

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You had to have done more than that, because I poopsocked really hard this month while studying for quals and I'm #2 at like 75% of your XP gain

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
you probably overbinged on bxp weekend

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm shocked I broke top 5 because I was only doing continuous theiving for a few weeks, and only a few days a week during them

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Poonerman posted:

you probably overbinged on bxp weekend

on bxp i did get 3 99s, prob that.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
I'm posting this because it will annoy pizza lady :D

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Themata posted:

Augster has finally been dethroned by someone other than frag. :cmon:

You can really tell how enthusiastic I am about re-comping.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

joachim783 posted:

are those elemental bars

jesus

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's just me and Pizza Lady, in a constant battle of slightly out-nerding each other.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Simsmagic posted:

are those elemental bars

jesus

Nope they are activated spirit dragonstones. I activated them so i could use them with quick presets during the double xp weekend.

edit: I must be blind. :downs:

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 1, 2014

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Keep an eye on your bank accounts, jagex has a lovely little 'feature' that's charging people fifty bucks and puking 450 treasure hunter keys at them.

This loving game

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Probably good idea to remove your credit cards until this blows over, but the damage is probably already done and I doubt any more will be going through.

Still though, even handling this properly and refunding everyone + any overdraft fees, this was a huge fuckup by Jagex.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I just wanna know: How the gently caress did this happen? It sounds like a really bad coding error, to be frank.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

joachim783 posted:

7 elemental bars, 4 whiteberries, 2 scrimshaw of gemfinding, a royal dragonhide and everything in your inventory.

What did you dooooooooo

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 1, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

How Rude posted:

It's just me and Pizza Lady, in a constant battle of slightly out-nerding each other.

Do you regularly attempt completely impossible feats or....?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I used the festive aura at elf agility but in the half hour i could only use 25k of the bxp... feels like a waste

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

joachim783 posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Do you regularly attempt completely impossible feats or....?

I am very upset by the sheer amount of disrespect and insults towards poor little me lately. Where is your holiday spirit?!

Hawt Jon wanted his bank cleaned but also wanted me to leave his stuff above charms as is. I was irrationally angry, upset and confused the entire time I cleaned his bank and cried myself to sleep as a result.

:catstare:

Magres a sick pervert who likes wood confirmed.

So I was doing quick easy tasks through the Canafis guy to get my elite Karmaja quick, and guess what dropped for me again?

Continuing the streak of weird luck,

I somehow manage to guess 1/2 and 1/3 of Safety's casket value.

Further continuing that,

I get near back to back Saradomin gear drops. The task ended with me obtained 3/6 pieces.

If you need disgustingly awful pubbie chat material, look no further than Zezima's.

More weird luck:

Upgrading my pet house gave me exactly enough for 94 construction on top of getting me that very last golden rock I needed.

And for Pizza Pirate:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Between that excellent OP and the apparent imminent membership price raise, I've apparently been bit by the poopsocking bug again. Although maybe I should wait until this Treasure Hunter debacle is over before actually coming back.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

If you need disgustingly awful pubbie chat material, look no further than Zezima's.

if someone built a chat simulator and tuned it to read like an mmo chatlog, this is what it would look like

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Magres posted:

Keep an eye on your bank accounts, jagex has a lovely little 'feature' that's charging people fifty bucks and puking 450 treasure hunter keys at them.

This loving game

What happened? I can't find where to read about this clusterfuck.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

jagex to some guy posted:

Hey there,

We are contacting you to let you know that we will be refunding a recent payment made for keys. Due to an unusual one off error, our billing system mistakenly treated a payment you made on 6th November as a recurring payment. The error has been fixed.

This was caught quickly and the payment will be refunded in full over the next few days (some banks can take 5-10 days to refund payments). Please accept our sincere apologies for this, and as a gesture of goodwill, you can keep the keys which were added to your account.

Feel free to respond If you need anything from us, or alternatively please visit our Support Centre:
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...stomer_Support

Mod Al

update on jagexs grabby nature

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
drat, they actually handled that better than I expected. I figured they'd grab the keys back, kinda cool that they legitimately just gave out probably upwards of a thousand bucks of keys as recompense.

E:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

What happened? I can't find where to read about this clusterfuck.

They accidentally charged a bunch of people's bank accounts for enormous piles of keys without authorization or consent. They're doing refunds w/o taking the keys away as a way to make amends.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

drat, they actually handled that better than I expected. I figured they'd grab the keys back, kinda cool that they legitimately just gave out probably upwards of a thousand bucks of keys as recompense.

Another thing to note is that it was a glitch with recurring payments. So, all those people saying keys ruined the game and complaining that they got given them are full of poo poo because they basically got what they bought already another time.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

update on jagexs grabby nature

So if I'm reading this correctly, people made key purchases and they were accidentally charged again as a recurring payment.

They are now promptly giving refunds while letting people keep the keys they were charged.

Jagex made a mistake, are quickly giving refunds, letting people keep keys as compensation, and most importantly of all outed keybuying nerds.

I don't see a :downs:Jagex:downs: here? Its actually being handled well.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm just taking a break from shoving my hand into elven asses for sick thieving xp gains when I hear an infinite looping "HO HO HO" over and over and over...

I immediately rushed to the source in anger! What the hell! Who does this poser think he is? I'm going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget!

I call in my pal Pizza Lady. She also has a bone to pick with this fat loser, and two people make for an easy job.

We immediately get into a fierce grave-digging competition, eager to throw this fat gently caress in the dumpster. No more HO HO HOs from you!

:unsmigghh:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 2, 2014

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

We welcome Bad Goku to the clan of ultimate pizzas, even though his ambitions are questionable at best.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Btw if you can stomach Livid Farm for 15 hours, the Remote Farming spell is loving crazy good and has saved me ~600k in seeds today because apparently I bought a batch of the loving shittiest magic and palm seeds ever off GE

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I added a image reference guide to the OP for newbies and old timers getting back into the game:

Here are highlights from bullying fake Santa today with Billyginkers:

Blasting Santa. Of ghost, he keeps making noise, so he's gun-na get shot.

Billy farting on the old fart because his incessant ho ho hoing made us blow a gas-ket.

Me kicking Santa in the belly. I'm gutted that he was able to stomach that without flinching.

Casting a spell on the fat bastard. If he had stormed out, we would've rained supreme.

I call Death over to teach him a lesson. We're sickle of his noise... he reapered what he sowed.

I transform and club him in the head. Sorry Guthix, I got sick of having to Lucien to his blabbering.

We show Santa what we want to do to him. Our expressions are grave, we have dirt on him, and we want to shovel it into his mouth cause he just makes tomb much noise.

Treasure Trail corner:

Pubbie corner:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God please tell me those aren't Elite scrolls

(gently caress treasure trails)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

God please tell me those aren't Elite scrolls

(gently caress treasure trails)

You can see in the chatbox which trail type was completed. :eng101:

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Themata posted:

Hawt Jon wanted his bank cleaned but also wanted me to leave his stuff above charms as is. I was irrationally angry, upset and confused the entire time I cleaned his bank and cried myself to sleep as a result.

I had to know where SOMETHING was once you were done :smug:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

How Rude posted:

We welcome Bad Goku to the clan of ultimate pizzas, even though his ambitions are questionable at best.

Yes, the Flex partisans grow every day...

chairbender
Sep 11, 2011

How Rude posted:

Greetings. Thanks for everyone who helped me figure stuff out and gave me free stuff.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

How far we've come. :allears:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Some dumb idiot posted:

How far we've come. :allears:

How far indeed.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

New human models already? I mean they'll be rolled out at 2020 or so, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Spergminer posted:

New human models already? I mean they'll be rolled out at 2020 or so, but still.

Yeah, they've suddenly jumped up the graphical quality on things considering only a year ago the models were still like this;

incidentally, I also enjoy how the artwork of Runescape has improved over time as well, from like this

to this;

Amusingly he still looks like a weedy nerd ingame.

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 2, 2014