Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Time to kick off the Flexcension in style: playlist!

Blacula fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

edit: nvm

Blacula fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 30, 2015

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

snitches get stitches

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

As soon as possible after reset is the only time dead content like pest control even gets thought about. Took me I think a week to finally finish a game for a quest requirement years ago. Good luck.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

One per world, unlimited in the citadel.

Orts are also virtual currency now, no longer take up physical inventory space.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Just lol at people truly caring which game is better between a bloated, highly polished turd and a familiar, low poly count turd. Neither side will ever convince the other, and most people don't care.

All I know is it would take another free membership promotion for me to play again, that April Twitch Prime pack was pretty sweet.

Seems all goons want to talk about re: Menaphos is some alligator statue with old biddy teets? How is the actual gameplay?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Twitch prime has another 2 week membership giveaway. Comes with some other swag too that you gotta claim.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

The lack of posting here is inversely proportional to the gooniness going on in discord.

Rutibex posted:

Does anyone still play this game? I got bored waiting for the new league in PoE and I ended up watching Runescape videos about various weird money making methods which made me interested in this game. Right now I've just been grinding mining/smithing on a FTP account. Its fairly mindless but I'm enjoying the "click on the shiny bit" minigame

As for this, I've seen a few returning or new goons ask nicely and usually a goon will front you a bond for 14 days of membership, during which you can click on more high value shiny bits to pay them back/pay for your own membership.

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I haven’t played for a good long while but the recent updates do look good... Does anyone have any opinions on RS3 mobile though? How does it translate?

Gameplay is as good, the UI could use some polish in areas (citadel sticks out in my mind).

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Archeology is here!

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/game-update-the-new-skill-archaeology-is-here

Runescape's first new skill since the last skill. There surely will be clicking involved. Let us all watch people make horrible decisions in their haste to reach 99/120 first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

So I saw this is on Steam now, I've bits and pieces over the years but honestly how is this? My tolerance for jank is pretty high I even enjoyed Wildstar for a long while.

Runescape is fun. Playing F2P probably has too many limitations for returning players, but for a new player it's worth a try. The quests are a high point. Combat and skilling will probably require some hand-holding, so the advice to join discord is very good. If you enjoy playing the marketplace, you can eventually merch your way to free membership (Bonds are bought from Jagex, the player that bought it sells it for your ingame gold, and then you convert the bond to membership).

OldSchool (OSRS) is a spinoff game based on keeping the graphics of a Java-based browser game from 2007 (literally). It was spunoff when a large amount of players complained, and for some reason those players want to see the main game do poorly. Enough to poo poo on the game while it launches on a new platform, potentially bringing in thousands of new players to both games. Bizarre stuff.