Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Themata posted:

edit so I don't have to make new post.

never do this, always post.

Then I find out the video isn't even narrated!

Disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Elite clue scrolls everybody

(I guess the sad thing is as they go this is pretty good!)

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 17, 2014

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Augster posted:

The first Hardcore Ironman to reach level 99 agility committed suicide soon after his achievement:

That's brilliant

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

LunaDeus posted:

Man I haven't played Runescape since I was 10 but somehow reading this OP makes me want to try it again.

Is it worth being a member off the bat or should I be doing all the available free content before becoming a member?

I'd say get membership immediately. Even from the very beginning members have more access to content and better versions of it

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Magres is right, Barbarian Assault owns.

As do Perfect juju mining potions, lava titans, decorated mining urns and concentrated coal deposits

2014 RuneScape is so much better than it used to be. 100 days to my 10 year cape!

--

Pubbies:

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 20, 2014

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

I mean they technically mention that its the first in a new questline so yeah you won't quite know everything going on but it isn't quite as end-gamey as that stuff. Also I think they also take the view that since WGS etc was released a couple years ago now (well, or since) a lot of the "lore" is common knowledge. When Guthix was revealed it was all over (slight exaggeration) the internet.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Another problem transferring from test to live!!

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Kipple is cool though

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

pubbies

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

I imagine valuable QA time was spent on this part of the update:

:(

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Preid posted:

Any stat recommendations to HM Barbass?

Attackers really need T80/90 ranged/mage gear, but that's basically it. Shields are useful in deflecting damage.

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 12, 2014

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

How Rude posted:

No, don't melee in hardmode, ever. Ranged or Magic only. Melee is slower and causes you to run the gently caress around all over the loving place instead of staying to the left to kill everything so that the healer can find you easily and the defender has less pressure since you're luring everything to the left cannon while the defender is staying to the right. I would rather have a Chaotic Staff mage or Royal Crossbow archer than have a dual wield drygore melee for sure.

edit: Tetsu/melee shields are much better for non-attackers though, since the majority of your damage taken comes from meleers/rangers. Anti-poison totem is also good if you plan on being a defender since you're likely to only be targeted by penance healers.

Oops yes sorry, that was meant to be mage. I am a dumbdumb.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

85-91 Farming. Gonna sit on them until a BXP Weekend is announced.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Happy New Year Goonscape buddies. My passion is drained but I'm sure it's gonna come back soon.

The 200th quest sounds kinda cool but also a bit pointless if it's just an alternate universe!!

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Couldn't stop laughing at 'The Dragonkin's Den' BTS. Jagex are too British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rmXv1q4ww

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Sold my Torstols for 7927 each, pretty good day 1 bonus xp hype.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

I'm only 31 because of all the xp treasure hunter gives

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

You guys are nerds.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

From an alternative RuneScape community:

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

DarkScape owns and makes RS fun and exciting once again and everyone should play it - even if you don't like PvP. Just play with an open mind. You don't have to be a PvPer to find DarkScape and the economy interesting.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

orphean posted:

Anyone get in the chronicles cbt? Curious what it's like. Welp, back to slaughtering moss giants...

I thought I signed up to the beta but definitely have no key. Sad times. Re-submitted my email. I bet it's poo poo anyway. Jagex...

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Chronicle is fun. I'm maining Ozan. Just won a game by using safespot.

I was second. 1hp remaining vs 5hp. Safespot reduced the hp of my Skeleton Champion to 0. When the turn ended and the characters moved up, the monster died instantly, dealing on death effect of -5hp to rival instantly and I won, even though I was second.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

I'm too much of a coward to flip T90s. I do Saradomin Brew's (3, 4 and 6 dose), dragon bones+, magic logs, unstrung magic bows, antifires, magic seeds, prayer renewals. A bunch of trash that is traded a lot feels safer than the less traded, higher value items.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Foreskin Problems posted:

I'm a very casual player, I find myself getting 30m gp a month just from Miscellania and buying out broads almost every day.

You can grind out several million per day from store inventories like yak hides and the like. Feathers are like 46gp again. I think the op has a still-relevant gp guide.

On the subject of Miscellania:

Been a long time since I collected.

PC for 72.8m. Cool!

Congrats Poopsocker!!

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 14, 2016

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Yo Goons I really need someone to come with me to Dominion Tower so I can spectate your game and finally unlock dreadnips. Only requirement is you need to be 110 combat. Even if you have no idea what to do that's no problem, you literally click two buttons and you'd be doing me a massive favour. Just reply here with when I can catch you or speak to me ingame

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

alching drops at Dark Beasts to get 60 invention so I can siphon my T90s

2 days spent mostly afk. disassembling black salamanders and whatever T70/75 gear I had in my bank - karil's/akrisae's top and one armadyl chestplate and ganodermic leggings. Probably broke even before costs of augmentors I guess

--

New best item for powerful components (which previously cost me 15-25k each using tireless run scrolls) - White Knight Staff.

I got White Knight Master (max rank) in 30 minutes cannon/maging Elite Black Knights in the Black Knight Fortress (must have at least started While Guthix Sleeps) - as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqCDhG4lK8. Even got some loot!

After that you unlock the entire White Knight shop, which offers some of the most cost efficient dissassembly items for invention. Only downside is small stock.

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 22, 2016

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Easiest question on the survey. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2017RS

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

allta posted:

Kind of another empty month but hey at least there's an update worth logging in for!

So yeah literally 2 updates the whole month but on the plus side it seems like were getting tier 95 weapons but they're more than likely going to be 1h. Also, because I know jagex, I'm assuming the boss doesn't have some horrible gimmicky mechanic like arraxor and his(her?) rage meter so it'll be completely inaccessible to mid/low-high level players which I'm fine with but I don't really get why jagex doesn't release a giant mole tier boss every once and awhile, there really isn't much for the mid level crowd.

GWD2 is pretty mid-tier. I mean it's not Giant Mole, but it's not that much harder than GWD1. Helluva lot easier than Arraxor

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Is it worth bothering with The Arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

NWO posted:

Started playing this cancerous game again after a 10 year hiatus. (OSRS, that is)

Jim McClane in game if anybody wants to cyber around the back of the Lumby castle.

I am also on OSRS at the moment. Ysgyryd Fawr ingame. Looking for some people to do BA with!