Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I've been

Theasslantic
Thegoatsea

and now I'm

calzone4lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Magres posted:

Keep an eye on your bank accounts, jagex has a lovely little 'feature' that's charging people fifty bucks and puking 450 treasure hunter keys at them.

This loving game

What happened? I can't find where to read about this clusterfuck.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
you are a treasure

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Swicky posted:

I finally got you, you little bastard

This guy is a loving life saver. I will never slay without him again.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

How Rude posted:

Pizza Lady you are sick in the head

kary why

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
My mind is ready, my body is not

Bring on the useless fishies

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
If you are going to do that, it would be a good idea to get a scroll of cleansing and make unf potions instead. You'll still make money as long as you are patient

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
To any moderately high level goons:

Go do Combat Academy in lumbridge. You can get an absolute boatload of xp in expensive combat skills like prayer or summoning for 10 minutes of work

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Is that the EoC training area where you learn combat and get lamps for it? Or something different? I could use summoning exps.

Yeah that's the place. The lamps ended up being 4.7k each for me.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
You are an absolute treasure.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Read posted:

I meant this post actually, though you reminded me.

Don't thank me, thank A Friend and his iron-man videos. Wouldn't have ever gone there without his suggestion.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Asciana posted:

Is Combat level 75 enough to do some of the easier bosses or should I work on it a bit more?

You'll have to work at it a bit more, sadly. GWD requires 70 in a couple different skills and the ability to murder 40 lvl 90+ monsters before you see the boss you went for.

You can always give things a shot with practice mode to see if you can take them down yet.

e:
I'm game for anything that isn't mole or graardor it seems.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 9, 2015

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

How Rude posted:

I think everyone's burnt out from the mega grinds from bexp still, because holy poo poo lil blaster and I have been not playing RS since 99 construction.

edit: who do I owe money to, I think 5m to dying101 and 10m to someone else, but I can't remember...

I gave 10m to ginkers last bxp

Just hand it to me whenever, I'm really not worried about it

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Magres posted:

No point, I don't actually like Runescape and haven't for a while. I was only going for max cape so I could finally quit and never look back, and Jagex has expedited the process and freed me from their Skinner Box early. I've been playing some fun minecraft mods though! I'm giving one a whirl where you start in a safe glass bubble on a small (by minecraft standards) map that's covered in magical blight, and you have to try and survive and explore the blighted areas and eventually clean them up. It's fun, but unfortunately isn't a good 'background game' because I'll get killed horribly if I don't keep an eye on it.

Really, my ideal game to replace Runescape would be something where I can afk like you can in Runescape, except then pick up the game and actively play and have it be an action RPG or something and have the gameplay be fun where Runescape's really falls flat for me.

You could add project e to whatever modpack you are using. then you can just make a hovel and idle in it for diamonds or w/e you want. Then you'd get minecraft action "goodness" and a decent idle game.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's a lot like that, but with running immediately after. Because after each kill I've gotten, I've been chased by their clanmates to the ends of the earth

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Read posted:

More than likely it was just suffering from increased load crashing the database server, I doubt the data was actually compromised.

Nah its saying i gained nothing over the weekend when i went from 78-94 prayer and a couple other things. I should be like 6 or 7 in the rankings right now.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
eh, its not a big deal at all. im happy about the levels.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Purple Rain Man posted:

Since it's a new month here's our GoonScape top10 for RS3 in September AKA the poopsock shaming list:

I would have been in there except I missed pretty much the entire DXPW for a family trip across the state. That's alright though I had a great time IRL (such good graphics!) and now I will have even more drive to maximize my gainz next time!

ps: these stats as always come from the GoonScape page on RuneClan

I am so immensely sad that I somehow made it onto the list. What is wrong with me.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
also i eagerly look forward to the time when mining and smithing isn't completely useless

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Magres posted:

why are you signing your posts

please stop

-Magres

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
http://imgur.com/DmwcTmX

anyone having this weird poo poo happen to them? I can't play like this :/ I was excited for the new client too

e: it's apparently an issue with ambient occlusion

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 23, 2016

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
so uh, don't use a pedal or anything to click harps in priff. I just got whacked with a temp ban for "macroing" (I assume) because my mouse didn't move for a few hours.

best part is they won't let me appeal it, because I'm a Dirty Macroer!!!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
hey fishmech, you remember a few years ago when ho chi mivko was clan leader, and he kept kicking you for no reason?

well I had a key back then, and I got in on the action

I regret it all, you are a swell dude

is there some clanchat on osrs that the few of us that play it congregate on? I just rolled up an account to remember The Good Ol' Days and would like to drunkenly ramble at goons while I click rocks

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Dizz posted:

I guess I can do that right after I process this 18k flax

ahh, the good old days. My first 99 was fletching the hard way, with just maple logs and flax until I was done.

I am proud of you

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
The fact that osrs is basically perfect on Android is ruining my productivity

I fished two thousand swordfish and then I realized how much money that is, so I converted my Ironman to a normal account. I'm rich bitchhhhhh

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Hold the loving phone rs3 is also coming to mobile?

I'm gonna need to get on welfare considering the time I'm going to spend staring at my phone

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Omnikin posted:

I didn't see anyone online earlier, it's not a big deal. Already have a ridiculous amount of cursed energy from those stupid bots.

If you have access to priff, once you get members again I strongly recommend mining soft clay when the voice of seren is active. Using ~30 bracelets of clay and a perfect juju mining potion I made about 2.7 million in 45 minutes. In just a couple hours a week you make your bond, then can do whatever you want.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
If you post your stats I'm sure we could come up with a couple good methods to make money in this thing

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
And it's unlikely that he's got the stats for it considering he hasn't made it to prif yet.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's mind dulling, but unf pots are a good way to do things considering your level. I generally stick to toad flax, kwuarm, and ranarr weeds. You'll make a fair amount more gp/hr if you have a scroll of cleansing and portable wells.

Rannar is at 1 mill an hour or so I think. Others could be better, haven't checked in a while.

Considering you only made it to regicide, don't be like me and blitz the entirety of the quest requirements for the light within in two weeks, you'll give up on runescape for a month when you get to the elf city.

E: go you! Keep going my dude, priff is rad and I spend a fair amount of time there

E2: plagues end, not the light within. I blame an all nighter and too much caffeine.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 19, 2018

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I forgot to check my flips for a few days and everything I generally use has crashed to the point where If I get really lucky I'll break even

gently caress

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
On the plus side fire runes are poised to crash back down to 30 over the next couple weeks, so if you have extra cash kicking around then you can conceivably double your money.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Android users can sideload the apk and log in as long as you are subscribing, according to two of my friends doing just that without a beta invite.

I can now confirm this, and holy poo poo is it fun/convenient.

The mining and smithing rework is also good. Real good.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I just started this yesterday. I'm still really early in, I just did the Blood Pact questline. I think I like it. It's janky and kind of ugly, but it's charming in that way. I like games like this that just populate a world with skills that interface with each other in various ways and let you go about and do your thing.

its honestly one of the better mmos for giving you choice on how you want to play your character right then. no silly skill trees you lock yourself into, no classes or skill specializations. just go do the thing!

I would advise starting slayer as soon as you can, and always try to use the monsters weakness. it'll lead to a more balanced fighter so you can comparatively do more efficiently than someone that just decides "Imma train magic forever, be a cool wizard", and start work on slayer which you'll need for some of the better monsters to kill for cash.

I <3 gargoyles

e: if you find me in game, I'll happily hand you a starter pack of a bit of money and equipment/supplies. my name there is thegoatsea

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Managed to recover my account from like a decade ago. I don't know why.

Maybe I'll see about this goonscape thing... if I have anything left.

I imagine the millions of gold I had years ago is about worthless now.

Depends on how many millions, and if you had/have a rare item of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

You didn't get the ring but they gave you a drink. That feels appropriate.