Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Simsmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUhzC9RAs8

The long awaited treasure trails expansion comes out next week!

New features include:
- The ability to obtain items that let you skip puzzle clues (knots, puzzle boxes and costume clues can be skipped)
- New rewards, seems to be mostly cosmetic
- The ability to reroll rewards, earned be completing 3 clue scrolls of that level (completing three easy clue scrolls = 1 easy reroll that can't be used on other difficulties)

Those dyes stop tier 90 stuff from degrading to dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Pubbie Top Trumps
I'll go first and shall select Clan!

Also this one is for joachim

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Special weapons like silverlight aren't spawned as any weapon works. As for Delrith you just need to run away from him to avoid damage.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Mine first 99

This is going on the front of all my christmas cards

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Not done elf city tasks, but thought the snowboarding was pretty cool.

Myself with a sharkboard and some dude falling on his face.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Really wanted the buddy pet and was disappointed to get this silly looking thing,

but apparently it is worth a few bob

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Gonna duodecuple my bank.

Also I believe today is the last day to hand in snowballs, so don't miss out on those glowing lamps and other rare items.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Some pubbie told me I featured in some tweet...

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Happy New Year GoonScape!

Seems like we have some competition this year...

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Saved a few images of my current stats so that I can compare my future self to them this time next year.

Yeah, yeah, I should do Quests. I know, I know.

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 1, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

I can't mine with that??

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Are you not sure how to do it, or have you forgotten your questions?

How to disable guide: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Support_-_General_JAG_Q%26A

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

GoonScape POH Event, January 10th/11th 2015
100% Pizza Lady Free!!!

With the event organiser not even turning up for her own event, clan Dad, FlexMentallo, took charge and he started things off by inviting us all into his home.
Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenies at this point, but it looked something like this.

After we had all wiped our feet in grass it was onto Absolutego's abode

At this point Dad was already tired and took a nap while everybody else waited patiently around the table for him.
After a snowman disease came and passed, he finally did wake and it was onto Bloodstains desert getaway

Pretty nice theme and much blood stains were produced that day
The desert is no place for a prolonged wrestle though and soon we sought out a more temperate homestead, which led us to Honey's

Poor design or sex dungeon? Sex dungeon.
Not wanting to become Honey's next victim, we hurriedly moved onto Taverley and Kayfabe's residence (that's me)

Woo. I caught me an Absolutego! Unfortunately the cage and Rocnar I ordered were from 2005 and nothing interesting happened.
Anyway people were starting to stink up my joint so I kicked them out and we all trundled along to Hedonquir's cabin in the woods

Hopefully by 'soonish' he means 'Jagex soon' and so we don't have to worry about it for at least 10 years.
But just in case he didn't, it was time to move one once again. And so onto mcclay1's shack

It was pretty empty, but at least there was beer!
Before we could get too drunk, we were marched on once again. This time we stopped by at Pizza Friar's cubbyhole

Woo more beer. This was quickly turning into some sort of Bar crawl.
People were starting to feel a bit ill and these log cabins were a bit chilly, so we moved onto Fort Drakker Noir

It was good to stand within some sturdy accommodation again, it even had an upstairs and Flex found the toilet, sort of.
The place grew a bit stinky after that and we were all keen to press on with our tour. Next up was Imma Pizza's setup

It was a pretty cool place, although there was a shrine to Bob the cat, so hopefully this isn't the home of a closet furry.
The fun didn't end there though as we had some late arrivals. First up was Pizza Man's Punchsport Pagoda

As a patriotic Brit, I was dismayed to see the Queen's rules disregarded so blatantly.
Finally our tour concluded at the digs of one BillyGinkers

This made me want to play Dungeon Keeper.
It quickly ended up in a fight to the death as Billy chased us through his trapped corridors, systematically picking us off one by one.

And thus concluded the tour.
Sorry for the lame text, blame Pizza Lady for no showing and not filling it all with grace and puns :P

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Themata posted:

They seem familiar... who are they??

Is the first one Mod Mark?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

The problem with Guthixian Caches is when you do one and then sometime later the Energy Rift opens again and you realise you have just spent 3 hours doing Divination.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

loving kids these days and their DDoSing :argh:

Also here are some nerds that got tricked into Fishing Trawler by that devilish Pizza Hinze

But it's okay as I got an elite task out of it :)

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

At the end of the stream they said that they will be working on Raids after Tuska. Time to gear up clan!

It's up on youtube if you want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ggkIEfkcU

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 27, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Themata posted:

Looks good, I added it to the guide doc, and finally added a way to quick search them all as well.

Meanwhile in Jagexland, where bugs turn into features (see south facing camera bullshit), what happens when the bugs for a game are more severe? How does Jagex handle making that into a feature?

Why, by completely shutting the game down forever, of course!

"We don't know how to fix it, so why loving bother. We're shutting this poo poo down and giving you Runescape membership or Treasure Hunter keys. Well, unless you stocked up on it beforehand for a game that came out in 2010, in which case, ../., Have fun!"

It seems Jagex also hosed up with WAR OF LEGENDS. Runescape is poorly maintained, as is WAR OF LEGENDS. It's a good thing I didn't invest time into WAR OF LEGENDS.

I can't wait until they shut down Runescape forever because of some lovely bug embedded into the Ape Atoll code that they refuse to turn into a feature.

Jagex aren't, or rather weren't, the developers of WoL

Also do you have to add everybody in the clan onto your friends list in order to see their poopsocking gains? Or am I missing something?

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 1, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Just out of interest for now, but we know that Jagex are working on both Raids and a Mini-game Spotlight System.

So who would be interested in

1) Some form of group bossing, gear getting, combat training, weekly event with the ultimate goal of goon raids?

2) Weekly goon mini-game session in which we play whatever the spotlight is currently on?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Yeah. March brings the boss practice mode. So perhaps that is a good time to begin. Apparently if you run noobs through bosses you gain some points to unlock some cosmetic stuff. Like an owl. So perhaps a bit of added incentive for our vets.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

The reason I started playing RS was because I thought it felt like a Quest for Glory MMO

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Muerte posted:

As someone who was heavily into Rs1 and 2, I could never imagine trying to play this game again. Just reading these posts make my head spin it feels like a Korean MMO now.

RS'3' is just the same as RS2, as in same accounts etc. No progress wipe or anything.
It was branded RS3 when they did a big update to interfaces, etc. They also tried to move the game into HTML5, but that failed. Although a C+ client isn't apparently too far off now.
It is no longer branded as RS3, just simply RS.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:sigh: Doubt I'll ever be able to get this.

Perhaps I can help?

I have never done QBD, so now idea where that 1 kill has come from.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:stare: Got to find that screen.

Here you go.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

So I am thinking sometime this weekend we do a group trip to the God Wars Dungeon. 10 kills of each boss, minus Nex. Don't want it to last too long due to time zones. That should give a fair few points for bossing veterans and some decent experience for noobs. And if nothing else it would be fun with goons, which is worth more than any xp or rewards, right? RIGHT?

How about Saturday, 30mins after reset?

Just an idea, feel free to suggest other days/time.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

I think it started counting several months before Soul reaper came out.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Plans for Invention have been announced and Jagex has new forums!
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,89,65592589

Tl;dr
Not a skill, but an addon to existing skills such as crafting and smithing
For high levels
Will use a load of divination energy
There will be a poll next week where we say what bits we are most interested in
They are still up for adding a new or reworking existing skills. Players will probably decide on a big project soon

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

In May we get Tuska, so they probably have a lot of resources tied up on that.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

I would like to say that I am now officially 'retired' from sports

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Heads up. Jagex have changed their bonus weekend schedule around to the following

8th - 11th May - Dungeoneering weekend

- Double dungeoneering tokens, including Sinkholes.
- +50% base Sinkholes XP.

15th - 18th May - Slayer & Boss weekend

- +50% base Slayer XP.
- Double Slayer points.
- Expanded drop tables for Kalphite King, Giant Mole and Barrows - Rise of the Six.
- All charm drops offer an extra charm.
- Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.

22nd - 25th May - Minigame weekend

- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
- Double Zeal from Soul Wars.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- Double produce points at Livid Farm.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

alphabrawl posted:

drat. I'm working this weekend, this is going to make things difficult. Did they explain why they changed the dates?

So that the minigame weekend can be after the minigame spotlight goes out and to keep the slayer weekend after the new area looting goes live.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

We need one more person to cap at citadel this week to meet upkeep. Logs, BBQ or Minions.

Also agreed that Legendary pets are useful for Slayer. They can also take 1 item to bank every 10 mins as well. Good for freeing up inv slot or two.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

I thought you go there in that newish Zamorak quest?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Okay, not actually got around to playing it yet.

In other news Jagex said into today's dev Q&A stream that all members are getting another 100 bank spaces for free on June 15th. Also getting two more GE slots soon.

Also I did a bad thing and engaged in some dumb roleplay because I thought a guy was being silly. After only saying two or three things I then said I was off to chop trees. He then followed me to the Elder tree and continued to be super creepy. I logged out without saying anything more as lunch break was over. As soon as I logged back in from home he started messaging me.

Don't Roleplay kids. Not even once.

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 26, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

All skills above 90

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Monday

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

More action bars are coming Monday too, so you should be able to save a fair bit of interface space

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

There is a raffle running throughout September, just like last year. If you don't play much, it is worth logging in for a minute each day to claim your daily tickets. You can use them daily or save them up. There is a different prize each day of the week, such as 100mill or instakill darts. I personally want a golden Barrows set to look fabulous in.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

So long Flex...

...but you will be back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Think we need a little more smithing at the citadel before cap. The resources are there.

Also I agree Chronicle is pretty decent and not similar to any other game I know of, other than it has cards. I have been mainly playing as Linza, building up a powerful weapon to hack away at my opponent with.