Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

This is the secondmost powerful OP I have ever seen, christ.

Mods, please replace the thread tag with the tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Kari I will cut you for that collage :mad:

Hawt Jon's picture is totally my favorite because it's actually him and is the greatest goddamned thing ever

Also I'm so glad the Don The Jorts ad got saved

E: Also who's the Goon on the left in the ad? Your expression is my favorite thing ever

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

How Rude posted:

Living Rock Caverns, treasure trove of awful:

At one point I saw pubbies discussing the finer points of when it's morally okay to rape someone :smithicide:

Also good to see the cheevo banner folks still trolling the awful lrc crowd. You should grab a clan vexillum and start slapping it down as close to the Rocktail spots as you can. It makes pubbies ridiculously angry, and gently caress lrc pubbies forever

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What the gently caress is that abomination

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For those inclined to unfair assistance, the Harps in Prfid are autoclickerable as hell. Grab the murgee autoclicker, set it to 1 minute per click, then click "Extra Random Delay" and punch in 30 seconds. It'll click once every 60 to 90 seconds, just like a real person doing semi-afk Harp. Most importantly, it's a bit of software I've been using for months and won't get you banned. Every week I do my Citadel cooking by setting this thing to click every 20 seconds with a 2 second extra random delay, and set it to click 245 times, and let it do its thing for an hour and a half. I don't even bother babysitting it anymore, I set it up before I go to bed, turn my monitor off, and hit the sack.

I've been autoclicking the harps literally all day today while I study for exams - gonna have my Crystal Hatchet done soon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Please nerf agility and add more clicking

Link to thread so I can just spam "gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU" a few hundred times?

Also to make fun of them a ton for calling this unrealistic when the Advanced Barbarian Course has you get launched by a loving ballista. The Prfid course is pretty much a larger-than-life version of parkour.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 11, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
To be fair the XP from Prfid scales with level and is about double his numbers at 97 agi. Prfid is definitely the best agi XP in the game by the time you get there. I mostly just like it because the clickboxes aren't goddamned miniscule and the animations are cool.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

I can't not touch the poop. It has been touched.

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 11, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

For SafetyThird

Et voila, no mouse movement, I can click all the ivy. Just takes a little ingenuity!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Found a better Ivy Shenanigans setup. The problem with Falador is that implings wander by and take priority over the Ivy clickbox. I woke up this morning with a Bass in my inventory. I caught a Gourmet impling while I slept, and if the timing had lined up badly and it had dragged me away from the Ivy I would have just clicked my way across Runescape for a few hours and it would have been really obvious that I was autoclicking. With this, there's no implings to be had. And the way I have it setup, even if all the Ivy exhausts, the mouse is over nothing and it wont walk if you click when all the Ivy is gone. Also, I checked and the elf heads never obscure the ivy so you don't have to worry about that. You just get the ivy lined up just right as I have there and put your mouse right up at the top of the Ivy and let it do its thing. Preferably on an unpopulated world where there aren't fuckers chopping down the Ivy that you've clearly lain stake too.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

kemikalkadet posted:

Until a worker walks past and you start to pickpocket it.

Magres posted:

Also, I checked and the elf heads never obscure the ivy so you don't have to worry about that.

When you line it up right and position your mouse right the workers aren't a problem.

E: Yeah at this point I'm up to 95 WC doing this, it works fine.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 13, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh yeah I did forget to mention that LRC pubbies are legitimately their own breed of awful pubs and are disgusting rapist bronies who should be shot in the head.

My bad Billy :smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Elf city thieving has gone from great to magical with the addition of the other four clans. Once you get to like 93 or 94 Thieving you have enough people to steal from that you can do it basically nonstop and it's great.

Edit:

Hey guys. Remember Barbass, that thing I've been raving about how good the XP is?

IT JUST GOT BETTER. :pcgaming: YOU CAN MAKE MONEY TRAINING AGILITY WITH BARBASS. :pcgaming:

Word around the water cooler in the Barbass FC is that Wave 7 Hard Mode tickets sell for 500k+, anywhere from 500k-700k to upwards of 1.2 Mill. Yeah idgi but pubs are dumb and I'm happy to fleece them rampantly. So, if YOU want to make money while you get firemaking, agility, and mining bonus XP, I'm planning to do a ton of Barbass November 22nd and 23rd. I can't atm because I have quals on the 20th and 21st, but as soon as I'm done with the study crunch from hell (I've probably studied over 60 hours so far this week) then we're gonna make money.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 16, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yah seriously. You can rob dumb shits going for 120 Agi out of millions of gold while also making 77 Agi for quests hurt literally half as much.

Also, having sent in a brave goon to be a guinea pig, I can now recommend the Barbass tutorial if you haven't played the game or need to refresh on what's going on. Ask in clan chat for a normal mode run if you haven't killed the Queen since Hard Mode got added, and be ready to run waves 1-6 (which is super easy and still pays lots of bxp) and sell Wave 7 tickets for LOADSAMONEY

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 16, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
BEHOLD, MAGRES DELIVERS! I'm gonna be running a ton of Hardass Barbass on Saturday, November 22nd. I've got like 8m bxp to hammer out and a ton of money to make. I'm planning to just run waves 1-6 over and over because they're real fast and still deliver solid bxp.

Also, 99 Cooking :toot:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also Goonscape will help accelerate you past as much of the bullshit as possible. Liiike clan citadel! It's a thing you can go do menial tasks in for buckets and buckets of XP (even without the promise of pay, it's worth doing), and if you max out your contribution for the week (takes an hour or two) then talk to Pizza Lady (Themata here on the forums) and she'll toss 500k at you each week you do citadel. It's a really good chunk of seed money to jump you past the horrible "oh god I have to save up 40k for a rune pick that will take me a week" stage of being a newbie.

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 17, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

I've made a vital important change to the old goonscape banner:

BURN IN HELL HERETIC

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Haha the dogfucker is the dude who was crying about the Elf Agi course and how it's a slap in the face to everyone with 120 Agi. Of course he's a dogfucker.

Themata posted:

vvvvvv e: Runescape: 120 Agi. Of course he's a dogfucker.

Oh god can we please

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 20, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Kari you still need to get the thread title changed

Do it for me

Please

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
HARDASS BARBASS EXTRAVAGANZA TOMORROW, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND, TYOOL 2014

I'm gonna be trying to put together hardass barbass runs basically all day. Some normal runs will happen to get people attuned for hardass mode, but I'm primarily just going to be chewing through waves 1-6 over and over as fast as I can. There's money to be made and bxp in lovely skills to be had.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/User:Cook_Me_Plox/Daily_Challenges

This should go in the OP, big list of challenges so you can see what you should reroll and what you should do

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
lol drama in barbass

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Definitely more comparable to dg

Take DG then make a single floor take like 30-45 minutes if you're moving at a good clip and you've got something like BA.

E: There are pubbies that do full manual for BA because it lets you switch style slightly faster :stare:

I will never understand people who trade their lifelong wrist health for slightly faster XP

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 22, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

sorry i wasnt on for BA defending i was doing college poo poo. some other time maybe?

I'll still be around, and up for more in a few hours after I finish clan wars in Tanks

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Snap the Pizzarchy in two and fold it over.

CALZONE REVOLUTION

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PSA: you don't get poo poo for FM challenges

dont be a loving retard like me and assume this game isn't an enormous shitheap and blow 2.5M on an extended Elder Log challenge

gently caress this game

it's like the loving poop touch item from the new binding of isaac, everything jagex touches turns to poo poo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Did you enjoy the small prism star for your key?

You did an FM challenge. You deserve to have blown 25M. Live with the shame.

It was 2.5M not 25M

Nintendo Kid posted:

Now use an abyssal lurker to boost your theiving by 4 levels and you can theive from like a third of the priff elves and get ridiculously fast xp.

Yeah if you do Ivy or Seren Stones whenever they're mad at you and do lurker boosted thieving whenever you can you'll get like 93-94 in no time and thieving stops sucking

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

I did, you would know if you read the OP.

:smug:

I want :rr: to be a smiley so badly now

Kari you should whip one up, if I get drunk I might buy it

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:swoon:

Gonna get drunk and buy one next time I get paid

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
More Barbass stuff! This time, :pcgaming: HARDASS BARBASS :pcgaming:

So Hard Mode changes some things! And makes it harder! Who'd have thought?

Things you need for Hard Mode:

80+ Combat (100+ makes it a lot easier), 130+ if you want to be an attacker
Shield for non-attackers, lvl 75+ gear for attackers (has to be ranged or magic, melee in HM is terrible)
Level 5 Healer

As you might guess, in Hard Mode the combat Penance don't gently caress around. They hit really, really hard. Additionally, Healer poison hurts more, and when Runners are fed the incorrect food, they deal heavy AOE damage around them.

So, tactical changes:

Defender - largely the same as Normal Mode. Just don't get too close to the Runners. Once you kill all your Runners, head to the left cannon and spray eggs at things.
Healer - Focus on keeping people alive. If everyone's fine and dandy and your vial is full, toss some poison food at things, but generally goddamn focus on keeping people alive and not taking heavy damage. You should be camped out on the left cannon platform a lot
Collector- largely the same as Normal Mode. First thing to do is sprint to the left cannon, load your starter eggs, and fire a green egg at both of your attackers and your defender. It gives the attackers an Overload's worth of statboosts, and gives your Defender multiple logs to keep their trap repaired. After that focus on not taking damage while you grab eggs. It's acceptable to be a coward and hide on the platform for extended periods of time, it makes the Healer's life easier.
Attacker - probably the most finesse-able role in hard mode, you want to round up all of the penance fighters and rangers and get them aggroed and drag them down to in front of the cannon so you can AOE them down while safe from the fighters. You need to juggle how much damage you're taking, getting aggro from your people (who need to not be idiots and drag the penance all across the arena), and trying to blast apart rangers as best you can while you juggle poo poo because they suck and are ranged.

Finally, the Penance King in wave 10. Honestly, gently caress this guy. Reset after you complete Wave 9 and sell your Wave 10 ticket for an easy 500k. He's not worth the ridiculous effort he takes.

In general, everyone but the Defender should either hug the left cannon or stay on it, and focus on taking as little damage as possible. Defender should stay nice and far to the right where they can do their thing without aggroing fighters and rangers. Where Normal Mode is 'blow through every wave as fast as possible without ever really worrying about HP' in Hard Mode you need to actually put in some effort to stay alive.

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 28, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Why do you suddenly have an Avatar that says

GAR-
BAGE
DICK

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nope sims is right, it's literally newbie.gif

http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif is the URL for the image

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

Yes I agree, the babby looks so peaceful sleeping. :3:

:mad:

In other news,

FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMMM

DONE WITH AGILITY FOREVER

HOOAH

gently caress THAT SKILL

Even botting my way from 75 to 97, doing only challenges for 98, then doing Prfid course (with BXP) to 99 that skill was painful as gently caress. They legit need to double or triple the base agi xp gain to make it remotely not terrible.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

--Minigame weekend - Double rewards for Castle Wars and Pest Control, plus more voyages per day for ports

If you play CW for all ~80 hours nonstop, you can bang out a whole 10% of your CW requirement for the trimmed comp cape! :woop:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You had to have done more than that, because I poopsocked really hard this month while studying for quals and I'm #2 at like 75% of your XP gain

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Keep an eye on your bank accounts, jagex has a lovely little 'feature' that's charging people fifty bucks and puking 450 treasure hunter keys at them.

This loving game

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
drat, they actually handled that better than I expected. I figured they'd grab the keys back, kinda cool that they legitimately just gave out probably upwards of a thousand bucks of keys as recompense.

E:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

What happened? I can't find where to read about this clusterfuck.

They accidentally charged a bunch of people's bank accounts for enormous piles of keys without authorization or consent. They're doing refunds w/o taking the keys away as a way to make amends.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Btw if you can stomach Livid Farm for 15 hours, the Remote Farming spell is loving crazy good and has saved me ~600k in seeds today because apparently I bought a batch of the loving shittiest magic and palm seeds ever off GE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God please tell me those aren't Elite scrolls

(gently caress treasure trails)