Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Now there's a good setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

I have fun being able to use more than just the abilities on my hotbar, i find it's quite useful, given at araxxor i'm spamming defensive abilities that i don't really want using up space on my action bar

I keep my defensive abilities on an open tab, other than them I don't really find myself wanting to cast abilities I don't have on my hotbars already. I keep them on a little window next to my hotbar

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:rip: account

My shady ways finally caught up to me. I am free!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My only regret is that I didn't bot to max cape before I got banned

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I haven't botted in the better part of a year :shrug:

My favorite part of it is that they didn't cancel my subscription and would have tried to continue to rebill me because :jagex:

Oh well! My only actual concern is that using Runescape as low-level distraction and essentially mental white noise helps me focus (specifically it makes my ADD happy). Anyone know of any games where you can mostly afk and make some progress, then switch over to actively playing and have gameplay that's a little more engaging than Runescape? My trouble with the game was always that, in general, actually actively playing the game really bored me because I'm primarily into action RPGs. I was considering trying (lol) Maplestory but I don't know how much I can AFK in that.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 26, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

AdventureQuest Worlds :q:

What's :q: mean? idgi, though I'm guessing something like :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Swicky you're the best

Never kill Araxxor again and lord it over all of the pubbies that you're the luckiest bastard

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I tried eve once

it was awful

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Lol all those posts you did about you boting intelligently and how you'd never get caught are now infinitely more funny Magres

Pride goeth before a fall :cheeky:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The obvious answer is to keep playing RS but to bot harder so you catch up to where you were

No point, I don't actually like Runescape and haven't for a while. I was only going for max cape so I could finally quit and never look back, and Jagex has expedited the process and freed me from their Skinner Box early. I've been playing some fun minecraft mods though! I'm giving one a whirl where you start in a safe glass bubble on a small (by minecraft standards) map that's covered in magical blight, and you have to try and survive and explore the blighted areas and eventually clean them up. It's fun, but unfortunately isn't a good 'background game' because I'll get killed horribly if I don't keep an eye on it.

Really, my ideal game to replace Runescape would be something where I can afk like you can in Runescape, except then pick up the game and actively play and have it be an action RPG or something and have the gameplay be fun where Runescape's really falls flat for me.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Don't try to act cool and like you ~didn't like~ RS yet still played because "i wanted to max so i could quit" to act cool about being banned. You were an active member of the community and played a ton and were often in the top 10 popsockers.

If you honestly, honestly have such poor willpower that you can't quit a videogame without finishing it, that's rather depressing on your part. Just man up and say "welp got banned that kinda sucks"

I think you're misunderstanding my attitude towards this. There's definitely a 'welp got banned that kinda sucks' to it but I also think it's funny because I deserve to be banned, I have deserved to be banned for years, and I haven't played runescape in like six months and don't really care to anymore so I'm pretty okay with getting banned. I mostly just thought the thread would get a laugh out of it, I'm not trying to like coolguy sour grapes DIDNT WANT RUNESCAPE ANYWAY DAD about it

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 27, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the current title is pretty drat tough to top

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

oh look another quest i cant do

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Pouch fuckery will certainly happen again, I'm pretty sure it has happened and will continue to happen every BXP weekend

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You can trade pouches with the ogre summoner person by yanille and get 70% of their value in shards, which have an exceptionally stable price (I have never seen shards not be at 24 gp per shard mid price, and they'll move if you put in 25ea iirc). Calculate the cost of the shards a pouch will get you, then put in a (big) buy order a fair bit below that and literally harvest money.

Particularly on popular training pouches - I think I made like 30M off granite lobsters alone, and I was late to the party last BXP weekend

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 6, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Get those Ranged and Magic to 90 :cmon:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is PvP in darkscape one on one or multiway or does it change depending on the area?

I'm guessing it's 1v1 in the towns, if it's not, I'd totally make an account and get like 30 Ranged to go suicide gank people with goons with lovely bows and no armor and just trying to spray enough arrows at people with nice things to kill them before the guards murder us

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 30, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
why are you signing your posts

please stop

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

lmao

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
.- - - -. ---... / --. .-.. --- .-. .. --- ..- ... / .-.. . .- -.. . .-. / -.- .- .-. .. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / - . .-.. .-.. / .-- .... --- / .. - / .. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . / -. .- -- . / .. -. / - .... . / ... -.-. .-. . . -. ... .... --- -

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
you cant stop me

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
what the gently caress how is that a thing

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
the elf walking up, turning around, and coming back to watch is perfect

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Justin Time! posted:

Hey, I was also banned for botting in 2013, and I've filed an appeal then. I still haven't been unbanned yet, should I write off my account forever or is there some other way to get Jagex to take a look at unbanning again? Sometimes I just want to re-live the nostalgia of my old account (filled with holiday items).

I'm pretty sure posting on reddit about it is the best way to get unbanned

No I'm not joking :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
After ten thousand years, I'm free!

Do goons do anything in osrs or is it still all rs3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I just read the OP

I forgot about and was reminded of how deeply proud I am to have been a part of the jorts ad