Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Second 99. Now to never train this stupid expensive skill ever again :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I've had that problem before. Someone had somehow gotten into the old email address that was tied to my account, and requested a password change that way. I got my account back by making a new account and using the 14 day membership trial to post in the appropriate topic on the forum (which I'm having trouble finding, they might have gotten rid of it). It was definitely faster and more efficient then going through the website's system, which quoted (but did not guarantee) results in 1-3 months.

This was probably over a year ago however, and it's possible their ticket system has improved. Their support twitter is directing people to it and saying they try to respond within 24 hours. No idea if that's actually the case of course.

Hope you get your account back soon. :(

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pretty obvious he's just trying to get the pin now to save the trouble of waiting for it to expire, I think. I've never heard of "a guy" who can break into banks like that, and there's nothing binding him to do anything he claims other than his word.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I tweeted @JagexSupport with the picture you provided Flex. Might not be anyone around to answer it until tomorrow morning, though.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Wouldn't be the first time a jmod joined our clan :smug:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The Behind the Scenes for March has been out for a while, but it was never posted in the thread.

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-0OaLngB4
Behind the Scenes - March 2015

Dimension of Disaster – Members only Quest

On main update this month is our highly anticipated 200th Quest, and with it comes a huge amount of new content for you to enjoy.

Ever imagined what it would be like if the hero never existed? Bosses have won, cities have been taken over because you just weren't there to stop them. In an alternative version of our history, Zemouregal rules “New Varrock”, an ominous city filled with the living corpses of all your previous allies, friendly shopkeepers and the poor old Varrock guard.

In total there are 5 parts to this ridiculous and comical adventure, each a humorous take on one of our existing Varrock quests, with increasingly difficult requirements to access. You’ll also need to make some cash since you won’t be able to access your bank in this new world, dealing in Zemomarks to earn the gear you need to succeed… aww, it’s just like being a noob again.

To help you with this there’s a task set to complete with a few special assignments to, once again, rescue poor old Gertrude’s cat! The content is full of that nostalgic buzz you’ve told us you want, with familiar music, hidden rewards and celebrations of all things RuneScapey. The content is jam packed full of rewards for completing each part of the quest, the task set, and from Gypsy Aris’s special shop.

Boss Practice Mode – Members Only

Are you one of those players that looks at a boss monster in the news and thinks 'That’s cool, but I’d just get owned'? Perhaps you’re an experienced boss fighter but would love a way to try out different tactics without the threat of death? Well, we have the perfect solution for you – and it’s called boss practice mode.

When you enter a boss lair you'll see a practice option, which will mean you can die safely, but not earn XP or loot from the possible kill.

We’ve also added rewards for players who take new boss killing players into their groups. If you earn a kill with players who’ve killed the boss less than 10 times, you’ll earn kill points to spend on some awesome cosmetic gear to show off your helpfulness.

In other news

There’s lots of other great stuff going on this month, like changes to the instancing system for bosses, making it easier for you to re-join rentals after restocking, and a result from months of discussions on the forums we’re finally ready to release our new look skillcapes, so keep an eye out for those.

The outfit on Solomons Store this month is something really special, A Dark Lord Pack featuring crazy animations and a fearsome looking costume, plus we’ve got a few new potions to give your character some unique skin tones.

The BETA servers are getting some new content to try out and feedback on too, like the rework to the death system, a crazy mash up of legacy interfaces and EOC action bars and a new “Drop pickup” system that allows you to grab multiple piles of loot in one easy click. The BETA servers are there for you to try things out, so do let us know your feedback after you do. Have fun!

Plus, keep bunny ears open for news on our eggciting Easter content.

In our latest podcast, the RS-DOS (Dukes of Scrumbridge) team reviews the release of the new quest Dishonour among Thieves! Our very own Mod Osborne quizzes Mod Tim, Mod Ollie and Mod Chaose on many aspects of the design, development and release - as well as have a Quest Name Dropping competition.

W00ters out.

The Beta content is out now.

quote:

Beta: EoC/Legacy Mash-up

Beta is Back!

The beta is back and available to play right now for all members! We have a number of projects and changes in the pipeline that we would like your feedback on before they go into the live game. Today is the first of several planned releases, so look out for more in the future.

The first time you log in, a version of your main account will be imported and you will be transported to Lumbridge. Anything you do in the beta will not affect your account in the main game.

Play the beta now!

Beta Changes

EoC/Legacy Mashup

Interfaces have been decoupled combat from combat modes, so now you can play with Legacy interfaces and EoC combat, or with the new customisable interfaces and Legacy combat. Choose your preference from the game settings menu.

Melee 2H Improvements

Quake now deals 219% damage to the main target.
Hurricane will now hit twice on the main target.
Meteor Strike will now deal AoE damage to nearby opponents.
Meteor Strike no longer requires the opponent to have less than 50% life points.
Barge will now apply a 1.2 second bind on an opponent.
Barge no longer shares a cooldown with surge.
Barge with no target will no longer perform surge. This will be change to use the targeting cursor in a future update.
Legacy Soul Split Healing

In an effort to bring into line 2-handed Soul Split healing, the healing cap has been removed in Legacy combat mode.

PvP Focused Changes

Disabling prayers has been removed from Snipe, Dragonbreath and Havoc.
Basic stuns now last for 1.2 seconds.
Basic and threshold stuns no longer share a cooldown.
Eating food during PvP in non-Legacy combat mode will drain adrenaline instead of invoking a global cooldown.
Giving Feedback

As the projects in beta are still a work in progress, they are unlikely to be perfect. Therefore it is important you let us know what you think of them and inform us if you find any bugs.

For any feedback that you may have, please post this in the beta feedback subforum, and for any bugs, please use the in-game bug reporter (while on a beta server).

In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.

Thank you and we look forward to your feedback.

In Other News

The Ninja Team have made a number of improvements to the WildyWyrm and lava strykewyrms including providing wild arrows to go with your strykebows.
You may notice many of the skeleton models have been reworked, and some of the animations you see in desert areas have also been updated. These graphical improvements are courtesy of the Ninjas.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

what the gently caress have you been doing grip :stare:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

there's a new terror of the sea

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Edit: nvm

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'd be ashamed to associate myself with anybody who'd willingly buy and wear something from that. They used to do more subdued stuff (made for The Chosen Commander), but I guess that's not nerdy enough.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I didn't even know strawberries could by gay. :biotruths:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

yes it's a double post but w/e

The beta has been updated with additional content. The Legacy/EoC mashup stuff is still there, but now there's new stuff to mess around with.

• New looting system, will play with it in a bit and find out what that's about
  • New death mechanics. If you don't get to your gravestone in time you'll need to buy back your items from Death. gravestone timers are irrelevant, see post after next
  • Bank tabs can be dragged and dropped. Terrific.
  • Combat improvements. Too many to list here but for the most part melee abilities seem to have been buffed.

Edit: some more info on that looting system
it's not autopickup like I first thought it was (which I'm fine with, there's already enough options when it comes to automatically picking up loot)
Instead whenever you click on a loot pile, a little window pops up showing what was dropped.

This is what showed up after killing about 10-15 dags, from here you can pick and choose stuff to pick up which automatically goes into your inventory. "Loot All" is obvious, and and "Loot Custom" automatically picks up items depending on what you set in this screen.

(10,000 is not the default value, it's just what I set for it)
It's okay in its current state, still somewhat clunky. The window disappears if you reengage in combat (as in you attack an enemy, not vice versa), so if you're in a high population area (like dags), you'll need to turn off auto-retaliate in order to actually look at this window.

One important thing to note is that button called "Use Area Loot". It's off by default, but turning it on expands what shows up in the window by three tiles, which means it's probably better on at all times. I'd like to see the radius widened personally, even with it at three I've missed a drop like a lantadyme seed, which in a typical situation I'd very much like to have it. I'd also like an option where clicking on a loot pile automatically picks up the items that fall on your "Loot Custom" setting.

It's tough to say whether this is a definite improvement on anything, but hey it's not a bad update.

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 9, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Death works pretty much entirely differently, in that it's basically no longer free.

Upon dying a non-safe death, you'll end up in Death's office looking at the following screen.

A lot of it's self-explanatory, but the basically the important thing is that you will need to pay to reclaim any items that aren't protected. It's not Grand Exchange or High Alchemy value (I'm not sure how it's determined to be honest), but of course the more expensive it costs to obtain the more it costs to save.

If there's an item you're not too attached to, you can choose to sacrifice it. You will lose the item, but you will pay less to reclaim any items left over.

Out of everything in this inventory, if I had chosen to protect my three most expensive objects (split dragontooth necklace, bandos body and boots) and save the rest, I would have to pay 118,757 gold to replace them.

If I didn't have the money to save everything I wanted, I can choose to exit this interface by hitting X. Doing so will give me the opportunity to go out and get some more money, do some emergency skilling to raise funds. However, you only have 24 hours to gather up the required amount before Death presumably dumps your items into the garbage. I'm sure if a goon is in need of some emergency death funds, they can find someone willing to bankroll them. But still, don't loving die.

edit:
last new feature: bank tabs can be rearranged. woop de doo
https://gfycat.com/MadeupBewitchedJackrabbit

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 9, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It's a fair question.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I've said it before but it still seems relevant. Why are they introducing brand new content to a version of the game that's supposed to be a time capsule of RS in 2007? After a while it stops being something nostalgic and becomes a separate, uglier version of the same game.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Evolution of Combat/Legacy Mashup is now live.

quote:

Today, there's more choice than ever in how you play RuneScape, with the EoC/Legacy Mash Up – a set of interface and gameplay options fresh out of the beta.

Previously, you had the choice of playing RuneScape with the Evolution of Combat system and complex, customisable interfaces, or in Legacy Mode, with old-style, low-intensity combat and traditional, fixed interfaces.

Now, you can pick and choose your favourites in any of four combinations, straight from the Combat Settings interface:

Evolution of Combat and New Interface System
Evolution of Combat and Legacy interfaces
Legacy combat and New Interface System
Legacy combat and interfaces
Enjoy! This is just the first of a number of updates coming your way from the current round of beta testing. If you haven't already, get involved! It's the best way to have your say in some of RuneScape's most crucial updates.

The RuneScape Ninja Team & Mod Roy (Honorary Ninja)

In addition, legendary pets from Solomon's Store have received an update.

quote:

Legendary Pet Improvements

To accompany the release of the two drakes, we've revamped the way that legendary pets work.

Legendary pets can now have up to three abilities active at one time. These are equipped in slots, which are unlocked as your pet reaches new growth stages.

Six new abilities are available for you to equip on your legendary pets:

Slayer finisher: your pet will automatically finish off slayer monsters that usually require an item, saving you an inventory slot.
Item repair: once per hour, you can use a repairable degrading item on your pet to repair it immediately. This works – and costs – the same as using the POH armour stand.
Beast of Burden: use a beast of burden familiar pouch on your pet to grant it the according level of BoB capacity. You must have the necessary Summoning level to use the pouch, and you can use more pouches to stack or renew the duration up to 2 hours.
High Alchemy: once per 10 minutes, use an item on your pet to convert it to coins, as per the High Alchemy spell. This requires no runes, and gives no Magic XP. Requires 55 Magic.
Fertiliser: every hour, your pet will answer the call of nature. The results – only viewable to you – can be picked up for six buckets of super compost.
Life Saver: your pet will save you from death, as per a ring of life. Note that this does not work in PvP areas and has a two-hour cooldown (logged-in time).
Note that life saver, slayer finisher, repair item and fertiliser aren't available for Ironman accounts.

Also, the existing abilities have been improved:

Forage has an improved drop table, and foraged coins are now added straight to your money pouch.
Scavenging now begins as soon as the ability activates, has an improved interface, and your pet will more reliably deliver items it picks up.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

you're right, it's better now

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Opinion on Block N Load so far: Really dull and tedious and the rounds last forever. I was thinking of playing the five rounds to get the suit but oh man it's just so unfun I don't think I can.

EDIT: I'm not going to bother playing the other 4 games, I'm uninstalling it now. It's too bad for me.

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 2, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If I had the money I'd seriously contemplate turning those into real ads.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pina Coladas posted:

I thought you go there in that newish Zamorak quest?

Don't think that was F61 iirc, just some place in Daemonheim.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Improvements to certain Distractions and Diversions have been released, and the Death Rework is now live with a few changes compared to when I last talked about it.

quote:

D&D Improvements

Distractions and Diversions are short, fun activities designed to give you a break from skill training, while offering some unique rewards.

The Ninjas have made a ton of tweaks and fixes to D&Ds this week, so take a good look over the list below:

Bork
Added to the D&D tracker.
Drop improvements – previously unlocked with Varrock armour 4 - have been moved to Varrock armour 3.
Varrock armour 4 now offers a daily teleport to Bork.

Champion's Challenge
XP and stats have been buffed.
The fights can be repeated weekly for an XP reward.
Losing a fight no longer locks the player out from the fight - so there's no need to get a new scroll.
Can be now be completed in EoC or Legacy.
There's a new title - 'Champion of Champions' - for defeating all 15 champions.
The deposit box is now a bank chest.
Scrolls can now be fed to a baby troll.
The lesser demon fight has been tweaked.

Court Cases
Now always rewards a mystery box.
Mystery box rewards have been made more worthwhile.
The XP reward has been changed to a combat XP lamp - Prayer and Summoning included.
A new title is available for those who have completed all cases: 'The Detective'.
It's no longer necessary to complete the tutorial to start receiving cases.

Evil Tree
XP rates have been increased for the top three trees.
Turns into a bonfire post-event, on which kindling can be burned, granting Firemaking XP determined by your level.
Roots go down faster when all four are active.
Roots respawn more slowly when three are active.
Rewards now scale based on Farming/Woodcutting level.
Spirit trees and the D&D Tracker are more specific on where the tree will appear.
The leprechaun's log-banking magic now works instantly, instead of just when the inventory is full.
It's now quicker to check the approximate health of the tree by examining it.

Familiarisation
Now occurs exactly every 2 hours.
The triple charm reward is now given by a consumable ticket, allowing you to choose when to use it. You can only carry one of these at a time.

Fish Flingers
The Barbarian Assault fisherman is now found near Otto's lake, close to the leaping fish spots.
New rewards have been added. Each of these costs 100 tokens:
Tacklebox fish teleport limit reset.
Fish Flingers entry ticket. Note that the cap of 15 is unchanged.
Extra fish caught with each success for 20 minutes. Note that this stacks with benefits from Agility and the shark outfits.

Goblin Flash Mobs
The D&D is now free to play.
Non-degradeable free-to-play level 55 combat gear has been added as rewards:
Gud raider axe.
Gud raider chainbody (power-type).
Gud raider shield.
Resource rewards have been improved.

Phoenix Lair
A new Level 84 familiar has been added:
Has a chance to burn 2 logs at once when using bonfires.
Requires 2 phoenix quills.
Uses the same scroll as the original phoenix.
Invisible +12 Firemaking boost.
Same quest restriction as the original Phoenix familiar.
Reborn mages no longer block movement.
Surge, Barge and Escape are now allowed.
10 quills can be paid to skip to the fight.
The branch harvesting animation no longer causes a delay.
Using unfletched twigs fletches them.
The cave exit's 'Look at' option has been replaced with a 'confirm' box.

Skeletal Horror
The XP reward now scales according to Slayer and Prayer levels.
Reset now occurs at the standard Wednesday weekly reset time.
The skeleton champion scroll and triskelion fragment have been added to drop table.
Always drops an elite clue scroll (as long as you don't already have one).
There's also a new title – the Distracted – for anyone who tries out all D&Ds featured in the D&D Tracker. You can find out which you still need to try via the preview in the Title interface.

quote:

Death Rework

With your help in the beta, we've reworked RuneScape's Death system. There's now more freedom in how you reclaim your items and more leeway when things go wrong, while retaining the risk in your most dangerous adventures.

When you die – as long as you're not in the Wilderness or in a safe area – the following applies:

Items are now stored by Death when you die. He will look after them for 24 hours of in-game time. This persists across log-outs, so disconnects are no longer a danger. You will respawn in his office.
You will be able to claim back your items in exchange for coins, by sacrificing items eligible to be lost for their coin value, or a combination of the two, using a new interface.
Items that would have degraded on death, won't do so if reclaimed from Death's storage, as the penalty is now reflected in the buy-back mechanic.
If you choose not to reclaim items from Death immediately, your gravestone will spawn when you leave his office. Gravestone timers have been reduced, but this will allow you to reclaim items using the degrade-on-death mechanics you're used to.
If you choose to try and get back to your gravestone and don't make it, Death will still be holding your items.
You can return to Death within 24 hour in-game hours if you wish to claim some of your items back later. Be aware, though, that dying again will wipe the stored items – only the items and equipment you were carrying during your most recent death are stored.
Note that existing mechanics for items kept on death still apply. This includes extra items kept with prayers, divination items, and similar effects, including reductions for being skulled or being in a dangerous area.
Items you were holding when you died can no longer be picked up by other players.
In the Wilderness, or in safe areas, none of the above applies. Death mechanics in PvP situations are the same as they've always been, with the exception that a stack of items is now treated as a single item for purposes of item protection.

Other, smaller tweaks are:

You can now choose any gravestone appearance that you have unlocked. You will always get the benefits of the best one available to you, regardless of the chosen look.
Graves are now allowed in the Corporeal Beast's lair.

I originally wrote a thing about the death rework in this post, though it was in beta and I don't know how accurate it is now.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

attn: pizza lady

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Runescape shuts down forever. Jagex pockets all of the money.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

We don't know! Probably something very bad. We can only hope so.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

This Is What Runescape Clickbait Would Look Like. When I Saw...

Get Jack of Trades and do it every day. #SavedYouAClick

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Holy poo poo someone is mad at you :lol:

What you did was actually pretty great though, so I think you got a net gain out of this

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Mining and Smithing are never getting reworked are they :(

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

My favorite part of those two skills is that everything you make is functionally obsolete if you're leveling everything else at the same time.

Let's not fix that though, let's add even more skills to the game instead! That's what people want, right?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Kara-Meir was never a good character, but this is only making her worse off.

all of the book characters are bad. do not read the books.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It's a trilogy. I read the first book when I was in high school cause I had no taste (still don't) but after trying to reread them recently for research purposes I couldn't. They're really bad.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Vorago is here because the Godless needed a giant hero character to smash the poo poo out of Tuska in the event that they won. It's supposed to be that whoever kills her absorbs her power and becomes stronger, though who knows what that means for rock dude. At some point we may see Vorago punch a god in the face mid-lecture and I wouldn't be too against that.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

make another account then :gitgud:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

grats on ur water rune tho

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Train fetching to 99.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

idk wt u talkn abt

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

really hyped for "bad, unbalanced hearthstone"

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

is no place sacred

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Foreskin Problems posted:

It's tailor-made for bankstanders.

I made a video!

this is great

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I was looking around the site and happened to come across... this

no kinkshaming please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Very unlikely. Jagex's stance on macroing, no matter the situation, is "We will ban you and we will not undo it. Thanks, have a nice day."