Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Redeye Flight posted:

It's going to look so much more drab, though. I'm not sure I like that.

For my money, the close-in fog on normal Runescape looks a lot more drab, and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Is bexp on 07 as well as rs3?

Absolutely not. It's all the worst parts of old runescape combined with halfassed implementations of new stuff.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Moog posted:

hello it's me. I would like to join your secret club. Game name is Bacushi. (which I should probably change)

You'll need to be online and joined clan chat as a guest.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Simsmagic posted:

I've said it before but it still seems relevant. Why are they introducing brand new content to a version of the game that's supposed to be a time capsule of RS in 2007? After a while it stops being something nostalgic and becomes a separate, uglier version of the same game.

It became a separate uglier version of the game within like 2 months of launch. I really don't see the appeal, at least Runescape Classic sticks to what it was.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Moddington posted:

It's 99% bots because no-one is masochistic enough to actually play it, especially when there's perfectly good 07scape servers to get that hit of nostalgia.

I doubt there's many bots, you certainly never see a lot around when you log in.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
:twisted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

alphabrawl posted:

I'm very bad at Dungeoneering. I waste a lot of time and have bad binds. Most of my XP came from sinks, but now that I'm 75 I think I need to actually run dungeons.

Can anyone offer some pro tips for soloing so I can start prepping for the double tokens weekend?

1) Train your smithing/mining. This makes it much easier to build your armor binds. I recommend going with full armor and a maul in the highest levels you can smith or find while being equipable.
2) runecrafting yourself a grip of fire and nature runes (say 15 essence spent on nature, 50 on fire) gets you the ability to easily high level alchemy good drops that you can use to spend on crafting things if you don't find enough in the dungeons.
3) Totally try to do the Daemonheim tasks, the aura is super useful even at only the first level

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Only two more ports skills to go!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

How the hell did you make yourself grind 99 RC? I can do like an hour of Runespan before I want to blow my brains out

I did it the first 3 weeks after runespan came out. Started from I think 38.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
What's the best XP place to use Protean Traps? I currently have like 1500 banked up.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't have them done, and I'd rather actually use them than destroy them, and they're cluttering up my inventory.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

"You have completed the game! GO OUTSIDE! ~Love, Jagex."

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SleepingPizza posted:

On average I got around 2.6m xp pr 24 hours played... #Efficiency

I average 910,138 XP per hour played, which impresses me mostly because much of my hours were spent in original runescape and rs2 before i ever got members and spent most of m time faffing about barely grinding

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pina Coladas posted:

I thought you go there in that newish Zamorak quest?
That one is just "somewhere deep under Daemonheim".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

Isn't making changes entirely antithetical to the point of OSRS though?

Haha no, OSRS' point appears to be "make a halfassed version of modern Runescape in mostly the 2007 version's limitations". It hasn't been real old school since a couple months after it came out.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Reoxygenation posted:

i cant even see the axises what the gently caress is this graph about

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Stop using "password123" as your password and you'll stop getting "hacked".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm really getting up there after 14 years:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Anyone got an up to date list of monsters with combat levels over 120, preferably non-bosses? Besides random monsters in dungeoneering, that is.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CashEnsign posted:

Check the wiki?

The wiki still has a list based on pre-eoc numbers, and then another based on early eoc numbers before they partially readjusted things

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Phlegmish posted:

I started playing Old Runescape again after almost a decade, and just to make sure: your Mining level does affect how fast you get ores on average, right? I googled everywhere but couldn't find a clear answer to this. I made it all the way up to level 64 and have been mining coal in the Mining Guild, and it barely feels any faster than it did in the beginning. It sometimes takes up to ten seconds to get an ore.

You'll want to get the best pick you can as soon as you can, but that's locked behind leveling up Mining anyway.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I 99ed runecrafting the first 3 weeks Runespan existed. Nice and fast.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Someone tell me what I should really train next:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Where's the page for this?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
You can now pay 6 bonds for an IRL t shirt, if you really want one.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spergminer posted:

:siren:DARKSCAPE:siren:
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/play-darkscape--free-to-play-open-world-pvp?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Official Runescape servers with legacy combat, all members content is free and everybody starts at level 1.

The catch? There's open world wilderness pvp everywhere.

Sooo it's the original Runescape PVP system of early-mid 2001 with more modern combat/everything?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Hey everyone, bonus XP weekend is starting this coming friday, so you'll probably want to hold off on citadel contributions til it starts on friday, and then make sure to do next week's the sunday after for max bonus xp in the citadel.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Just missed it at 12!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

So close to 100% ports stuff.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I wonder if we'll finally have better non degrading armor out of this.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I enjoy this new update:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Gotta get that 3120 total level

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

lmao @ the 99s

That aside, why is one 120 dung a sparkle and the other one a fire?

e:

When you go into "miscellaneous options" to set this up, you choose which symbols you want used. Personally I chose stars, but I don't have any skills that meet the conditions yet..

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Phlegmish posted:

Is leveling easier in the new RS? You all seem to have insane stats.

I've used the same account for over 14 years, you just end up having high level stats over a long enough time.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

That, and it definitely is easier. Gradually, most skills have just been given more alternatives for training, and in some cases methods that are good xp and very passive. The new elf city has a bunch of skill locations designed to make the 90+ crawl better.

Some stuff still sucks, though. Like runecrafting.

Yeah the sole reason I have over 90 thieving is that elf city thieving means you can do 300k plus thieving xp an hour and get about 750k coins per hour at the same time, mostly afk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

My 12th 99: mining