Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks to Twitch giving out a free month I dove back into OSRS a few weeks ago. It's been nice to just sort of let my nostalgia take the wheel a bit. Some stranger even gifted me a mil while I was training on rock crabs so I could afford the bare minimum in gear.

Some day I may switch over to RS3 when my nostalgia stops keeping me going through the clunk. I stopped playing almost immediately after the EoC update so I have no real attachment to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Is that a plugin to give old items old sprites or have they just never been updated?

Not a criticism I'm just surprised to see the same log sprites in 2020 Runescape 3.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Do any goons in this thread/clan play OSRS, or is it mostly the new one? I've been hesitant to touch RS3 because I don't really like games that have microtransactions.
In any case, joined as DWAR#3392.

There's a few of us. I've never seen much of a presence in the cc but if you have any questions feel free to ask in the discord.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I haven't played in a while, what's going on right now?

The second League (a like two month period where you play a fresh Ironman account with restrictions and faster xp gain) is starting this week, which may actually be a good time to start as you can get a taste of what the game has to offer at different levels. I'm gonna be using it as a chance to try out high level content.