Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

125 fur stalls... :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

They added an item that gives you freeform control over the camera so you can do some awesome movie making, but I'd hazard a guess that it's not available in the old game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Themata posted:

This Is What Runescape Clickbait Would Look Like. When I Saw...

Stop being tsundere for this game that you obviously can't stop coming back to and actually come back for real please

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't making changes entirely antithetical to the point of OSRS though?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There are books? :chanpop:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I went to start playing this again after a long hiatus and found that my account had been compromised and subsequently banned for macroing, along with the throwaway email I used for it being compromised as well.

I got the accounts back under control and changed their passwords and such, and sent a ban appeal, but there was no option for me to enter anything about what happened and I've read a lot of reports that they don't unban compromised accounts.

So basically I'm hosed and have to start from scratch if I wanna play again. Should I bother with new runescape or play OSRS?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is the mobile app gonna be for OSRS too or just RS3?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fishmech posted:

No, it doesn't support the worst Runescape version. It supports the second best one.

What the hell is up with your raging hateboner for OSRS? I've been playing it and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted out of an old version of Runescape, whereas the new stuff is loaded with free exp lamps and cash shop poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fishmech posted:

Fake 07scape loving sucks m8.

But why, though?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

F2p PvP sounds like a ton of fun tbh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How do you stay at 25 mag or whatever without pvp combat leveling you up eventually?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I successfully appealed a hacked botting ban, it took under a week to resolve. No idea how normal that is though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Just the appeal feature on the site, it was good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Getting your account unbanned is pretty simple, I've had it done like four times over the years. As long as you personally didn't do anything wrong, then it's very likely your password got picked up by some shady gold sellers off a database sweep and they logged in to use your character for message spamming or something.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

buglord posted:

What should I prioritize on in OSRS for faster travel? I’m pretty low skilled so I don’t have access to fairy rings or many agility shortcuts yet. My magic level is like, 2, so no teleporting yet.

To be honest you should just power through everything you need to get fairy rings.

Getting there though, there are a lot of consumable options that cost a fairly trivial amount of gold per use and are helpful to basically turn your bank into a teleporter. Rings of Dueling, teleport spell tabs, etc.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Just started playing Old School, anyone got some good noob resources or quest guides?

in b4 quit now

This is really good: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide

It helps you minimize the amount of grinding you do especially early on, because all quests give flat exp rewards which matter a whole lot more the lower your skills are. The Waterfall Quest for example is technically completeable with no skills at all and if done immediately gets you to 30 attack and 30 strength right off the bat, skipping huge amounts of grinding you'd otherwise need to get there. There's lots and lots and lots of quests like this that jump you up a bunch if you do them ASAP.

You also get a lot of movement options real early following that quest list. Spirit Trees and especially the Fairy Ring Network are incredibly important for cutting down on your travel time from place to place. Don't be afraid to drop money on consumables for teleportation (ring of dueling, single use teleport tabs, etc.) either if it saves you a lot of time, because later on you'll be able to make that money back in far less time with higher level stuff.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

OSRS or RS3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

The time to sperg over OSRS is now or never. Take a pick

I haven't played in a while, what's going on right now?