Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Eox posted:

Every time I peek back at this cursed time hole they've fixed like five of my fundamental issues with the game, looks like I'm back.

edit: I got the Fletching pet last night, my understanding is that they're vanishingly rare but do they do anything useful

They're just cosmetic. You can however, make it so that summons look like any of the skilling pets you've unlockedz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

First impressions of the rework now that the beta is out. This is so much better than the old mining and smithing mechanics. It really should have been in the game earlier.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 13, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Mining and Smithing rework is awesome. Actually makes those 2 skills engaging to do instead of a hellgrindy competitive pain in the rear end.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RS3 February 18 patch notes posted:

The Divine-o-matic vacuum is now always lost on death.

Well, RIP Cursed Energy. Now the Wilderness gets even more empty and everyone is just gonna gently caress off to Incandescents. (Unless you didn't touch Divination upon unlocking Invention in which case, sucks to be you!)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

One thing is for certain. No matter what game you go with, fashionscape is eternal.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Eox posted:

Goons are also starting to do higher level group content, and the better we get at that the easier it'll be to carry more goons

Decided to make a bit of a checklist since this seems to be a serious consideration in the discord, and here's the rundown on some of the group content (mostly bosses) in the game.

Low to mid level group content

Dungeoneering: Anyone can do. We've carried a few people to high dungeoneering levels to help them unlock Prifddinas, since no one should ever have to suffer through solo dungeoneering.
Low level bosses: Way too many to list. If it was released before Kalphite King, chances are it counts as this.
GWD2 bosses: Need at least 80 in the respective stats to even access. These can be solo'd fairly easily, but if you really need help, a hand can be lended here.
Elite dungeons: Can be soloed but is significantly harder that way. Up to 3 people can tackle these. Probably should ideally have at least t80 weapons and t70 armour for that. (t90 weapons and t80 armour if you're soloing.)
Nex: Though she can be soloed with the right setup. Not really recommended to do that without having some group experience first, though.
Kalphite King: Can be soloed or done with a group. Probably should do it with a group for your first few kills.

High level group content:

Barrows: Rise of the Six: Needs 4 people. Also preferably should have a way to reach the ROTS arena fast to make things more convenient, such as a Draken's Medallion. t80 weapons or better would be ideal.
Vorago: Everyone needs to be able to survive a 50,000 damage hit / number of people fighting him to start the fight. (Damage is capped at 12,500 per player.) This is the point where you should probably have maxed stats or close to max to contribute.

Super duper endgame:

Raids: Up to 10 people can join in. T90 weapons and t80 armour would be ideal, though t80 weapons can be workable with enough coordination as long as enough people have actual endgame gear.
Hard mode Vorago: Everyone needs to be able to survive a 70,000 damage hit / number of people fighting him to start the fight. (Damage is capped at 14,000 per player.)
Nex: Angel of Death: Up to 50 people, though 7 is cited as the ideal team size. You really want max stats and endgame equipment for this when doing it in smaller team sizes.
Solak: Has to be duoed or 7 manned. There's no scaling for it. Also nobody likes doing this boss due to the ridiculous amount of time gates in it, and just how inflexible it is compared to rest of Runescape's bosses. Also the rewards suck. (Hell, RS3's Raid is significantly more straightforward and allows for a lot more flexibility. Especially compared to other MMO raids.) Though if you need the Reaper title, something could probably be arranged.

Think that about covers it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 9, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RS3 news: They're nerfing Hunter in July. :what:

So uh, better get that skill as high as you can, because they're quartering the XP rates for the best methods.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dinosaurs are out in RS3. Let the most dangerous game begin. :getin:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There's a decent amount of people in each game though I believe RS3 has more active goons in it at the moment. There are some that play both though.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 3, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

How's the balance elemental fight with EOC? I remember it being a huge pain with the old combat system

When I played it way after EOC came out, it was kind of there. Like many old enemies that fell to EOC balancing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Do a sizable amount of goons actually still play this? Serious question.

There are 2 versions of the game now, and there's a sizeable amount in both.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Well that's... confusing. What did they too Runescape 3 to make people not wanna play it?

Microtransactions were one thing, but the biggest culprit was that the combat system completely changed. It changed to a more complicated version that's a little harder to get into. Over time the playerbase slowly went down, so Jagex revived a 2007 backup to get them back. And so we got Old School Runescape. It's the more popular of the 2 games. Big content updates are decided entirely by player polls that requires a 75% yes threshold to pass. So it's basically a version of the game that's controlled by the players.

Note that since OSRS was the backup, progress is completely and utterly reset there should you decide to play that version. Runescape 3 on the other hand keeps your progress. That said the post that said OSRS is RS2 stuck in a time warp is basically right. It's basically kind of weirdly stuck in time regarding story and gameplay while Runescape 3 has moved forward. It has some extra conveniences that OSRS lacks. (More accessible teleports to various places on the map. Making multiple items far more easily than OSRS' interface.)

Personally I play both, though I favor Runescape 3 more.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 13, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also if you have membership or are thinking about getting it, it applies for both games because your account has 2 separate save data files for both games. So if you feel like switching over at some point (or don't feel like doing so), there's no need to worry about that.

Oh and OSRS is mostly free from microtransactions, but it has one item that still has it. Bonds. (Also in RS3, but OSRS and RS3 bonds are completely different items.) You can buy those in both games for in-game gold to get essentially free membership for 14 days each.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll probably buy one month of membership just cause I remember its only 5 bux and while that was a lot for me as a kid its pretty trivial at the moment.

Unless you paid for that $5 membership back then, that's no longer true. It slowly rose up to $11 for both games. (If you did, your price is grandfathered in.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh wait no, that's if your membership was entirely unbroken. If it's been over 14 days since the last payment, you have to pay the new rates.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finally! I got my first 100% enrage Telos kill. :toot: A long time ago, I never thought I would reach the point where I would be able to pull something like this off. Now to go for The Warden title.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It feels good for RS3 to finally get a bank that's as awesome as OSRS' and not utter dogshit.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Did RS3 finally get the bank remake? I haven't checked in in literal years.

Yes. There was a beta for the past 2 months, and just got added to the main client with little issues. Actually has placeholders, and item icons are pre-loaded beforehand so the item icons no longer take time to load in whenever you open up your bank. It's basically good as OSRS' bank now.

Behold the utter horror that is my bank. It's gonna take a while to organize all this.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 1, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The item sprites in Runescape are really the 3D models given an outline at a specific angle and aren't true sprites.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Melee Jad is absolutely miserable and a good way to end your fight cave run right then and there. Don't do it.

Also you better get good at prayer flicking, because if you want to tackle the sequel, the Fight Kilns, you have to fight multiple Jads. There's one part where you have to fight 2 at once!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

After 2 years of coming back to this game, I finally did it.

I finally unlocked the Completionist Cape! :toot:

And the master quest cape!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 4, 2020

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Completionist Cape. It's customizeable, and comes with an override, so I can wear the cape, without actually wearing the cape.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:catstare:

Holy gently caress.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Extremely rare consumable cosmetic item in RS3 that is worth billions of gold. You can use it to dye certain items a particular color. (Not many items have such customization methods.)

The price in there isn't accurate, as the true price goes beyond the max cash stack. It's worth around 2.7 billion at the moment.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 5, 2020

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finally managed to get my first Solak kill and unlock the Reaper Crew benefits! :woop: