Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Jagex please do the needful. That extra 80xp per lap is making the game Easyscape :smith:

e: Also didn't mention it before but that OP is amazing. Noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Professor Oak posted:

Can we get a list of who namechanged to what please? I took such a long break that since everyone is named Pizza ______, that I don't know who is who. If you're now a pizza something, can you tell me who you really are?

Was Imma Peanutt, now Imma Pizza

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Themata posted:

Vision of our future citadel as mentioned in clan chat?

:captainpop:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Oh we're still doing lovely pubbie examines?

;-*

reported for scamming

:stonk:

:stonklol:

:2bong:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

e: ^^ I think Magres said something about using Murgee Autoclicker to do citadel bbq and hasn't been banned for doing so yet despite doing it for months

alphabrawl posted:

I... I like agility.

A Shameful Goon.

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 19, 2014

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Themata posted:

Also:
Did you enjoy the story of Bungh0? Here is the sequel adventure, in Mungh0 Bungh0 G0es V0gue!

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

That and not a lot of goons (almost none) play osrs so the community is even more poo poo by default

There's always legacy mode if you want at least some of the old school look and feel, and which has the old school combat system until you get comfortable with it again

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

kill me

In other news, making some more progress towards elf city!

I should probably quest some more

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Yes I am a horrible excuse who thinks questing is dumb unless necessary at the time I should change this

Swicky posted:

Stealing my idea boy...

Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :downs:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

A bunch of nerds are/were rioting in w66 because they got dropped from the drop (heh) and lost 1m in something they only had a 1/500 chance of winning like how loving stupid do you have to be when you know there are intermittent connection issues to wager a semi-decent chunk of dosh to be in some stupid twitch thing at the risk of getting disconnected and losing your wager and lets face it you weren't going to win anyway

Hahaha, nerds :spergin:

Not saying that jagex wasn't at fault either, they probably should've kept it to free buy-ins while there were issues, seems someone had to have known about it (or if they didn't they do now seems they got disconnected themselves during the stream :laffo:), but at least they've acknowledged the connection issues now, I guess?

e: Bonus ORSF pubbie tears

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 19, 2015

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

:sadwave: rest in puns

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Good golly gosh, that poo poo is social engineering 101. But I guess that's what happens when 99% of your customer support is through social media :jagex:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Runescape: I watch anime... But I am bi, but thats beside the point. :<

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

I had an okay bxp weekend i guess

:getin:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Also when using Headbutt Mining with the shark outfit, the animation clips the loincloth through your legs. The result?

:yosbutt: shark butt :yosbutt:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

I'm the person capping citadel to meet upkeep.

Also, what the hell happened to the price of springs? I swear they were only 1000 each a month ago.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Here's something fun and cool I found over on memeland (I know, I know)

Someone who was previously #3 on the seasonal highscores complained on le redditscape about the top 2 people possibly account sharing, and wanted them removed. Mod Kelpie investigated, and not only did he find that the top 2 players were indeed account sharing, but also the person who made the complaint. Temp bans and highscore removals for all involved!

Now usually the story would end here, but because this is Runescape, of course it doesn't. One of the players involved (supposedly also a HLF hotshot) then took to Mod Kelpie's Twitter page in an effort to try and get the decision reversed, which eventually ended in a picture of them cutting their big fat thigh (or a generic image of someone else cutting their big fat thigh, no one seems to know) in an effort to guilt trip him / garner sympathy I suppose?

:stonk: :barf: :nws: http://puu.sh/iUtm1.png :nws: :barf: :stonk:

Yes cutting yourself over a big nerd competition seems like exceptionally reasonable recourse.

So yeah, that's my pubbie story

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

oh look another quest i cant do

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

:siren: Double XP Weekend from September 25 12:00 UTC to September 28 12:00 UTC :siren:

the usual news post posted:

72 hours of XP-boosted excellence - coming your way next month. Start preparing now for RuneScape's next Double XP Weekend!

From the moment the in-game clock hits 12:00 UTC on 25th September, all RuneScape members will enjoy double XP from their training until 12:00 UTC on 28th September. Free players won't miss out, with +20% XP on their training over the same period.

Double XP weekends are some of the biggest, noisiest, XP-firework-filled fun you can have in RuneScape, so don't miss out – get prepped now by stocking up on charms, vials, seeds or any other supplies you need for the biggest gains.

The weekend will be just one part of a September packed with community events and competitions – look out for more details in the coming weeks!

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Also, for those new to BXP weekends, there's a few limitations and rules, the most notable being:

* Bones generally do jack poo poo, and won't provide extra prayer XP when cremating or offering to an altar. Cleansing crystals worked on the last BXP weekend, but whether it will again remains to be seen
* Effigies, lamps, tomes of experience (Jack of Trades and such) and experience from minigames won't work
* BXP you already have will give you 3X XP for as long as it lasts, so barb rear end et. al. is still a very good thing to do in the lead-up to the weekend
* Skilling outfits (with the exception of goldsmithing gauntlets and brawlers) and the avatar will still work, but generally apply their XP boost before taking double XP into account. See the quote below for an example
* Ironman accounts won't benefit, tough luck

And there's a full run-down here.

Runescape wiki page posted:

For example, if you were cutting normal trees while wearing the full lumberjack outfit during the weekend, your XP would be calculated as follows:
The 25 XP normally received from cutting the tree would first benefit from the lumberjack boost, resulting in a bonus of 1.25 XP (a full set provides a 5% boost).
The bonus XP modifier would then boost the standard 25 XP to 50 XP before adding the lumberjack bonus, resulting in an end gain of 51.25 XP.
If you also had bonus woodcutting XP in your bonus XP pool then this would give you a final amount of 76.25 XP.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Joining the finally killed QBD club too, had an RCB forged beforehand in practice mode and I nearly ran out of food, but still, victory :toot:

Unfortunately loot was poo poo, just a few bones, bolts and hides. Oh well!

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

:eyepop: Wow, I haven't seen Lumbridge this packed since 2004. It's complete and total chaos and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Read posted:

Top 10 EXP gainers in the clan during DXP weekend. (Click here to see the rest of the clan)

Really, 5th place? I'm not sure whether to be thankful that I didn't place higher or ashamed that I placed so high :smith:

Also take those figures with a grain of salt, Runeclan has been making GBS threads the bed all weekend with database errors and the like so there is the possibility it messed up a couple of things?