Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
While I do enjoy the prospect of skipping "wear random stuff you only have because clues need it", having to complete three hards is incredibly tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

widespread posted:

Ooh poo poo. Might start up a new character on Runescape, having a few experiences before. Question is, should I get membership from the get-go? Or level up some freebie stuff before I get to the paid stuff?

At very least do free quests and level the skills somewhere to 30-40 range for smoother membership start.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

And if you find anyone else, do the Nexus for starters. Good luck doing that though.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

UK midnight, GMT time. Pizza probably refers to this reset.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

"Stellar" is overstating it when you look at stuff like RotM or WGS, but they're decent in general comparison to most MMO quests.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Substitute "compared to" in there. Few easy puzzles and boss fight, in the past we had to trek halfway around world!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

That's most godswords and anything below chaotic in quality, since those are relatively easy if you just grind. My attuned crystal looks kickass though, and only 3,5 million left to get that Glorious Wushanko Steel with scrolls and trade goods.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It would be fine if they didn't shove it in everyone's faces. But you know tumblr, where strangest sexuality wins the grand prize.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

But you haven't completed the game until you have trimmed that cape. Now, go and sprain your wrist!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Yeah, if you can access Priffdinas (and if you can't, what the gently caress are you doing instead of prepping for Plague's End :colbert:). I got one thing to make me log in, and then I find out I gotta get chewed bones to properly finish barbarian training; Jagex has greatest logic on making quests depend solely on RNG.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You might as well shell out for bonds, two weeks for one. Premium club might still be on for few days for whole year if you have ~300m to burn.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

0.02 on Ports; if you aim for something specific like Tetsu, get fishing because that skill unlocks relevant adventurer for materials. Death Lotus is thieving, and Seasinger is runecrafting respectively. Scrolls are neutral of course, so you could simply accumulate them and eventually gather the stuff to make them.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I think the policy is one click = one action, and going beyond that is near-instant ban if caught.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If you keep your bank up, stock 24 bonds over the year for VIP membership when it comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You underestimate the power of nostalgia, OSRS has sizable playerbase. Much like Nostalrius did, and this has been used as example on having legacy servers.