Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

Please nerf agility and add more clicking

"agility is now as easy as fletching" lmao what

also auto doing one obstacle per lap = OMG OP

also clicking =/= difficulty

(thanks for putty my booty in the OP btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
good QBD guide

also welcome to harpscape

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Shoutout to Dread Queen who was cool enough to get me this sweet rear end hook.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

BEHOLD, MAGRES DELIVERS! I'm gonna be running a ton of Hardass Barbass on Saturday, November 22nd. I've got like 8m bxp to hammer out and a ton of money to make. I'm planning to just run waves 1-6 over and over because they're real fast and still deliver solid bxp.

Also, 99 Cooking :toot:

i'll be down to defend for the entirety of saturday. would like to raise my coll/healer roles too though

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Was Imma Peanutt, now Imma Pizza

one of us

ONE OF US

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Simsmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niiltzvik08

New intermediate quest incoming, dealing with the elder gods.

Requirements:
35 Magic
25 Runecrafting
Carnillean Rising
Rune Memories

why are all these endgame quests (lorewise) being made with like no requirements quest wise. you aren't gonna loving understand the eldergod poo poo fully without playing fate of the gods and a buinch of other stuff.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
sorry i wasnt on for BA defending i was doing college poo poo. some other time maybe?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

I'll still be around, and up for more in a few hours after I finish clan wars in Tanks

im free for the next 10ish hours, then i wont be free till Monday evening. yell at me ingame; pizza pirate

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
how 2 defener: real edition from pro™ defender Pizza Pirate

Normal mode and hard mode are exactly the same for you except in hard mode runner deal damage to you as they die or eat wrong bait if you're on top/one tile from them. Other than that defender is exactly the same. Wrong bait will NOT kill a defender in HM, only cause a AoE attack.

If you play defender correctly you WILL be the first to be finished. After which you should man the cannon. Defender is the second easiest role (collected being the easiest) if you learn it. Note that as you level up the range of your bait increases (there is debate over this but i believe it does - any official jaggy word on this?) - defender sucks at low levels. It sucks hard, and often you'll feel your bait is being ignored. It gets much, MUCH better, though. At level 5 you will feel like a god.

To play defender, follow this flowchart:

Round start

||
\/

Get items from vending machine
Run up on the left side of the canon while constantly dropping THE WRONG BAIT. Wrong bait, when eaten by a runner, causes it to run back up north. After this step the map will look like this.

(note: when the bait type changes, the bait will remain in the state it was dropped. If the correct bait is crackers and you drop worms, then the correct bait becomes worms, the worms you dropped before still act like the wrong bait. Same is true for correct bait.)

||
\/

pick up the logs unless its a early round. the trap can only spring 2 times before needing repairs, 1 log = 1 fix. The traps can kill multiple runners if they are stacked, surrounding the trap. Run back tot he trap while dropping the CORRECT BAIT. Your map should now look like this.

If you have done this right you will have done all of this before the first bait switch.

||
\/

After this set the wrong bait after the trap for any that happen to get by somehow/while you're repairing the trap. For the rest of the game you are just going to maintain the lines you have already set and repair your trap when needed. Your map will look like this;

The occasional runner might get by. This is rare ; when that happens, wrong bait is the best way to get it back up north since it causes it to retreat so much.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Got my 90s milestone last night. theiving is still poo poo

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

Now use an abyssal lurker to boost your theiving by 4 levels and you can theive from like a third of the priff elves and get ridiculously fast xp.

i boosted to do elf thieving for 90 because traders suck rear end

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Simsmagic posted:

As of right now it's $7.95 a month. If you're ever interested in subscribing it'd be best to do it sooner rather than later, because you'll continue paying $7.95 after the price hike as long as you subscribe before it and keep it unbroken for no more than 14 days. We don't know what the new price will be, but the FAQ says that "it will remain competitive when compared to other MMOs." I can only take this to mean it will be somewhere in the realm of $12-15 a month.

Bonds are items purchased from other players who've bought them with real money, and can be redeemed for two weeks of membership (among other things that aren't really worth the price of admission). These currently cost ~8 million coins and the price constantly fluctuates, which means you can only reliably use them as a source of membership if you can make that much every two weeks.

If they hike it up to $15 a month, I cant see anyone picking up RS over WoW.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I kinda wanna buy a bunch of those membership cards, but I also wanna get premier club this year for the big package of loyalty it'll give...

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Spergminer posted:

Ah, but they will stack. Any membership you buy will stay on your account even if you have the premier club. So you can get premier club in december, buy cards in january and they'll added on top of your current membership (the premier club).

true i want to get in a habit of just buying premier each year for the bonuses.

plus, im pretty sure the price hike will be small (like, a buck a month) because anything else would = ded game

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
how am i top in xp gains? Most days in novemeber i logged in, did dailies, logged out

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Poonerman posted:

you probably overbinged on bxp weekend

on bxp i did get 3 99s, prob that.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I used the festive aura at elf agility but in the half hour i could only use 25k of the bxp... feels like a waste

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

jagex to some guy posted:

Hey there,

We are contacting you to let you know that we will be refunding a recent payment made for keys. Due to an unusual one off error, our billing system mistakenly treated a payment you made on 6th November as a recurring payment. The error has been fixed.

This was caught quickly and the payment will be refunded in full over the next few days (some banks can take 5-10 days to refund payments). Please accept our sincere apologies for this, and as a gesture of goodwill, you can keep the keys which were added to your account.

Feel free to respond If you need anything from us, or alternatively please visit our Support Centre:
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...stomer_Support

Mod Al

update on jagexs grabby nature

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

drat, they actually handled that better than I expected. I figured they'd grab the keys back, kinda cool that they legitimately just gave out probably upwards of a thousand bucks of keys as recompense.

Another thing to note is that it was a glitch with recurring payments. So, all those people saying keys ruined the game and complaining that they got given them are full of poo poo because they basically got what they bought already another time.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Its time for FASHIONSCAPE

I'm thinking of mixing up my usual scurvy get up. Vote here for your favorite

classic pirate

The Flexy GET FIT Limited Edition Pirate

Pros: fit
keeps peg leg
cons: no cool coat tails

Colonial Pirate

Pros: cool as gently caress jacket
Sweet sword at my hip for cutting wenches
Pro coat tails
Cons: pegleg looks poo poo

The Half Colonial Pirate

Pros: Sweet jacket
Nice SORD
keeps pegleg in all its glory
Cons: no cool coat tails

Or the :barf: PUBBIE SPECIAL :barf:

Pros: Acts as camouflage in high-density pubbie zones
Cons: Look like a pubbie

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
HOW TO SOLO BANDOS: a guide for shitters

Graardor is a big loving pissbaby and is by far the easiest gwd boss. This is why bandos armour is cheap. If you can learn to comfortably solo bandos you will soon move up to kril and armadyl who are much more profitable but are less afk.

Why would I want to solo bandos?
It's good XP, GP (if you get lucky) and a nice source of special drops like effegies.

How long can you last with this guide?
I've done 2 hour runs before. I expect I personally could last for 3 hours though.

What levels do I need?
I'm just gonna state what I use.

96 herblore for overloads (remember that you can use banner/etc to boost to 96)
95 prayer for turmoil/torment. This will significantly boost your damage output and thus your heal rate via SS
96 summoning for pack-yak. This is NOT a hard requirement but will make your runs last longer.
80 attack/str/magic for chaotic weaponry
85 defense for port armours

What loadouts do you use?
Melee:

-Full Tetsu
-Leviathan ring
-Drygore mace and chaotic claw (onhand chaotics will fare OK too)
-TokHaar-Kal-Ket
-Bandos warpirest boots/gloves - protection from bandos followers
-Zammy arrow - protection from zamorak followers
-Sign of Life - in case of DC. use a scimshaw if you got though.
-Dragonrider ammy
-Vamp aura

Mage:

-Full Seasinger
-Leviathan ring
-Chaotic staff
-TokHaar-Kal-Mej
-Bandos warpirest boots/gloves - protection from bandos followers
-Zammy arrow - protection from zamorak followers
-Sign of Life - in case of DC. use a scimshaw if you got though.
-Dragonrider ammy
-Vamp aura

(note that in the bandos camp there are only bandos/zammy followers. dont waste your pocket slot on your zaros shard)

Inventory set up (for 2 hours, adjust accordingly)

Holy Overloads - If you have elf city, buy this recipie you dont need to dung for it. 4dose ovl + 4dose renewal = 6 dose holy ovl and you get affect of both. 2 free doses! separate ovls/renewals are also ok
Super restores - Resotre prayer and summoning points. You wont need this much I just bring a shitton. I'd probably flask up if i was gonna be there for 3+ hours though
Sharks - Dont waste rocktails on this babby boss. you wont use much anyway
God wars tab - To get there. Buy off of GE
Yak pouches - To renew yak. Bring 1 for each hour.
Yak scrolls - Insta banking loot. Bring like 200~ preferably.
Other aura - I usually do vamp and then penance. Switch out when depleted.
Empty space - For loot
EDIT: if you're a mage bring runes too ofcourse, just use air surge.

My yak is full of sharks as a just in case measure. Again, i usually only dip in to like... 5 of my yaks sharks in 2 hours.

Ok im geared up, now what?
teleport to gwd => run to bandos camp => kill 40 nerds => go in to boss lobby => pay for a instance => set respawn rate to fast

Activate aura, drink pot, activate prayers. I use soul split. Go to this corner in the boss room

This will make the mage (and sometimes range) minion not aggro you at all/until late in to the kill. this means less tanking and less food wasted. it also puts you near the altar for free prayer points.

Bandos has no quirks. His special attack is a weaksauce ranged smack thing that you'll give negative shits about. Just do the following...

If melee: use slaughter ASAP and run thru graardor forcing him to move. This can cause massive bleeds that'll kill him extremely quickly. Spam other thresholds after.

If mage: just sunshine then spam thresholds

For both: Adrenaline stall between kills with Freedom and Devotion if you need to

Don't even bother turning prayers on/off between kills. All you gotta do for like an hour or two is press threshold keys, drink potions, and pick up drops and bank them with yak. I do personally bank the ogre bones because its garunteed income. If you dont care about the ogre bones, switch amulet to demon-horn necklace and bring a bonecrusher to negate the need for prayer pots entirely while under penance, and mostly but not entirely while on vamp.

There that's how you do graar

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 4, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

widespread posted:

That works nicely. And it helps me understand why some F2P quest rewards involve XP in Members skills.

Unrelated but holy poo poo is the RuneSpan broken when it comes to leveling.

runespan is the fastest RC xp in the game

It's still slow though. Once you get tot he high 80s/90s you'll wish for it to be quicker

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Some dumb idiot posted:

Still better than the old method of running Nature runes for hours and hours and hours that you couldn't afk.

Oh for sure, and it always will be.

Also LRC is like a loving GI Joe episode with all these pets

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Winter weekends are coming with boosts to help your mad gainz! http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=2Av8*WrUEDE/forums.ws?16,17,837,65529944

Summary with my Pirate Picks for the best poo poo:

Skilling Weekend

12:00 GMT 5th December - 12:00 GMT 8th December

Smithing: Double XP and respect in the Artisans' Workshop

Divination: Enriched wisps spawn every 10 minutes, rather than 20

Divination: Springs last for twice as long once a wisp is activated

Fishing: Spots move around half as frequently as before

Runecrafting: Increased node spawn rate and reward points at the Runespan

Mining & Woodcutting: Rocks and trees replenish twice as fast when depleted

Thieving: Double gold relic/sceptre drops and increased chance to receive Black Ibis outfit pieces at Pyramid Plunder

Minigames Weekend

12:00 GMT 12th December - 12:00 GMT 15th December

+1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game, regardless of win, lose or draw

Double commendation points from Pest Control and Conquest

Double XP and double gambling rewards from Barbarian Assault DO THIS FOR GREAT, PAINLESS AGILITY BXP

Bosses killed in Dominion Tower are counted twice for the purposes of reward unlocks

+50% Dominion Factor earned

Livid Farm awards double reward points for all actions

Player Owned Ports - Three Week Benefit

12:00 GMT 12th December - 12:00 GMT 1st January

All Ports voyages return 30% extra trade goods or resources

25 voyages a day instead of 15

Dungeoneering Weekend

12:00 GMT 19th December - 12:00 GMT 22nd December

Double tokens from both regular dungeoneering and Sinkholes

Base Sinkholes lamp XP increased by 50%

10% cheaper weapon repairs Repair your poo poo this weekend!

No score penalty for dying

One-time bonus for completing a number of floors

Slayer & Boss Weekend

12:00 GMT 26th December - 12:00 GMT 29th December

Double slayer points for regular and social slayer assignments

Double drops from the Giant Mole

Double chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth effect

Base Slayer experience increased 50%

The Kalphite King, Giant Mole, Rise of the Six and Vorago drop tables are more likely to yield better loot

All charm drops grant one more charm than usual.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

and now this skill sucks again

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Using the Bone Spear you can wear 2H weapon over-rides with offhands/shields

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

how to piss off pubbies

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I am fine with banners existing if it means i can cull idiots with ignore

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Why cant everyone just accept that I'm a pizza-kin?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:confuoot:

So... What's the point of it then? Is it like a glorified message board?

Basically, yeah.

Using Zybez, official forums, etc is much more user friendly.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
This weekend is 2x BXP at barbarian assault. On hardmode you can expect to get over a million agility bxp and 2million+ mining/firemaking bxp per hour if you're good, and easily 3/4ths these rates if you're poo poo. This will make lovely skills like agility slightly less poo poo.

To access hardmode you MUST defeat the queen on normal mode. I am fine with doing normal mode runs with goons to give them access to HM for the weekend as long as I am healer because i wanna level it up. Yell at me in game (pizza pirate) tonight and tomorrow.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

look who i saw at barbass

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

how

also bxp to 99! :toot:

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 13, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
^I am ok with helping you help goons get good in dung. im pizza pirate in game

also, loot so far from minigame weekend

bxp to 99 agility AND full superior void! It's crappy gear what am i gonna do with it? why did i do this?!

PC is really afk so im gonna do it for some str xp too i think while doing other poo poo.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Terces posted:

:heysexy:

Nerds loving nerds.

i thought SUOMI ragequit RS because jagex wouldn't interview him after he acted like a total arsehole?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

How Rude posted:

I always thought it was weird how the highest level players usually end up doing absolutely nothing INTERESTING with their character's style. Like, they wear default black shirt + pants with their stupid Party Hats and a fury amulet (lol).

Guess the :spergin: just can't move past old Runescape, and heal.

Yeah that's always bugged me. it's usually just plain shirt/pants with whatever autismal cape they unlocked and a CW halo/p-hat/santa/other rare hat and a ugly gaze aura.

Also this is a thing

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

New official world adoption seems prevalent

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I cant believe you guys tried to do a 5:5 dung with 4, that's pretty silly of you guys. Sorry about having to bail though (even if I did bail at the start, not like i did halfway through)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Average Bear posted:

Is the Christmas event still poo poo

Sadly. Then again I'm not sure how they could've topped the halloween event. It was fun and gave insane XP.