Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I think I can scare up some old volvo bits to stick in a box for you if you want, Pham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He hasn't posted since Dec 17, so maybe he turned dead.

Or maybe he's like me and got a job that keeps him so busy, even browsing the forums is near impossible...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

"Congratulations! You've been randomly selected!"

True story, the only time I've had my bag searched by the TSA was the time I flew to LA to drive an Opel GT back, with a suitcase full of tools.

I still don't know how I survived.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Sorry for the trouble and not sending you the confirmation. I'm an rear end :(

Totally up for chipping in to buy you a bottle or three of scotch for having to deal with our asses.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iForge posted:

Sorry for the trouble and not sending you the confirmation. I'm an rear end :(

Totally up for chipping in to buy you a bottle or three of scotch for having to deal with our asses.

Yes, a million apologies to Sock for not getting my tracking info to him sooner. I'd definitely throw in on a paypal account or something for his booze/parts fund.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 21, 2015

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Anyone else who hasn't received a package? I would be glad to send stuff to make up for some deadbeats.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

blk and pham nuwen have boxes coming~

Theres more class in these boxes than half the mail sent in the past year. :3:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

What a mensch! :kimchi:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
So much for SECRET

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
No secret is better than nothing at all.

Sides. I had to ask em for their address soooo...

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

No secret is better than nothing at all.

AISS:2014 thread title right there.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I vote for a new rule, that everyone sending a present for AISS 2015 must send something to Sock as well. It doesn't have to be anything major, but 60+ car-obsessed retards from around the globe sending gifts should see him end up on a watchlist of some kind have a more enjoyable time of it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

InitialDave posted:

I vote for a new rule, that everyone sending a present for AISS 2015 must send something to Sock as well. It doesn't have to be anything major, but 60+ car-obsessed retards from around the globe sending gifts should see him end up on a watchlist of some kind have a more enjoyable time of it.

If everybody just sent $1 to a Paypal account he'd get enough for a nice bottle (assuming there are 60+ of us doing this), it's easy, it doesn't add a lot of extra cost for each person.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yea, but that doesn't allow for as much surprise/fun/humour/horror.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

IOwnCalculus posted:

True story, the only time I've had my bag searched by the TSA was the time I flew to LA to drive an Opel GT back, with a suitcase full of tools.

I still don't know how I survived.

Yeah, I forgot about some bullets in my carryon once flying out of Reno. Small delay that time but I made the plane.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Yeah, I forgot about some bullets in my carryon once flying out of Reno. Small delay that time but I made the plane.

Eh, I forgot a pocket knife in a backpack once. Security was cool, asked me to put it in my car or mail it and have me come back through security. They even gave me some priority pass that let me jump to the front of the line.

The one time I had an issue was when flying for work passing through an airport I almost never travel through. I had a bunch of expensive test equipment and a prototype device (exposed circuit board with leds, mini LCD displays, and random wires connected all over) in my carry-on since I didn't want to risk checking it. Apparently the multiple layers of ESD shielding screwed with the x-ray machine so my bag was selected for additional scrutiny. It took me a while to convince them that what they were looking at was not an improvised explosive device and they should not destroy 6 figures worth of equipment that I needed to use the next day.

Re: AISS 2015, I typically have a lot of free time in Late November and early to mid December, so I could help out checking to see if tracking numbers report delivery, or composing a list of who reported shipping/getting a package in the thread. Whatever will be useful.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Brigdh posted:

Eh, I forgot a pocket knife in a backpack once. Security was cool, asked me to put it in my car or mail it and have me come back through security. They even gave me some priority pass that let me jump to the front of the line.

The one time I had an issue was when flying for work passing through an airport I almost never travel through. I had a bunch of expensive test equipment and a prototype device (exposed circuit board with leds, mini LCD displays, and random wires connected all over) in my carry-on since I didn't want to risk checking it. Apparently the multiple layers of ESD shielding screwed with the x-ray machine so my bag was selected for additional scrutiny. It took me a while to convince them that what they were looking at was not an improvised explosive device and they should not destroy 6 figures worth of equipment that I needed to use the next day.

Re: AISS 2015, I typically have a lot of free time in Late November and early to mid December, so I could help out checking to see if tracking numbers report delivery, or composing a list of who reported shipping/getting a package in the thread. Whatever will be useful.

I've flown with a portable manual typewriter and a set of drafting tools... they pulled them out for special swabbing and examination because it's not the usual kind of thing you'll see.

I'm surprised they let me fly with the drafting tools, there were a bunch of big steel compasses with really loving sharp points.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

:shobon: Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

Good idea. All for it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hadn't really paid much attention to this thread since I posted my haul.

Pham, I was your SS and the box said it was delivered but I feel lovely as gently caress dude. I am also sending you out a replacement box. Not as good as the first box but still some good poo poo.

I'm sorry I ruined Christmas.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

YOU RUINED AISS. I sent pham a box too~

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

YOU RUINED AISS. I sent pham a box too~

I thought you wee the ruiner of....

Nope. Not going there.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I said aiss, not rear end. :colbert:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I hadn't really paid much attention to this thread since I posted my haul.

Pham, I was your SS and the box said it was delivered but I feel lovely as gently caress dude. I am also sending you out a replacement box. Not as good as the first box but still some good poo poo.

Don't sweat it, I'm glad to know the fault lies either with the USPS or with some shitheaded HS kid who stole the package... your good name remains clear goonsir

What day did they say it was delivered? I wonder if I was home that day or not, or what happened.

I wish the postman would start leaving packages at the side door, they're really obvious when he leaves them in the front.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Friday, Dec 19th.

quote:

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 9:01 am on December 19, 2014 in REDACTED

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Friday, Dec 19th.

Well poo poo, I should have still been in town at that point, although I was working that day. But everybody's talking about people going around and stealing packages off doorsteps around Christmas, and indeed this would make the second package to go missing in the November-December timeframe for us (we have never had a package go missing before).

You don't have to send a replacement, but if you've already got it bought/ready to go, we should confirm that you have the correct address. I also had given my username rather than my real name because I'm a little babby, Sockington or I can give you my real name to make doubly-sure it goes right. (I gave CSB my real name to be safe, too)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's cool, I have it ready to go in the mail tomorrow. It's some stuff I forgot to originally include and some other things.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I'm really sorry I've dragged out on opening my present, Santa. I'll try to explain myself at the end of this post. Let's get to opening!

A wild package appears!

Now what's this then? Colorado license plates, cool! :)

Coaster... mats? Oh, beer coasters in the shape of car mats, thank you Santa!

Hot Wheels!

Let's keep digging!

It's (used) spark plugs, with some writing on the boxes? I actually laughed out loud when I realized what they where. :)

Onwards, to microfiber towels! I've never bought one, nice people just keeps giving them to me. Hear that, you're officially nice people, Santa!

And a card too! I tried to capture how incredibly glittery the card was, but I failed. There's glitter all over my living room now, though!

All of the loot! Thank you so much for everything Brigdh!

The reason this has dragged out is twofold;

I've been having two really lovely months, relationship wise, and I wanted to be in a somewhat good mood when I opened my present so that I'd be able to appreciate it.

And the matter of my own Santee. I found this perfect thing on Ebay, combining two of his interests (at least what I can glean from forums stalking him). Sadly, what my grandpa told me when I was five years old about never trusting Germans still holds true, and as time dragged on I sent a placeholder while hoping die Deutsche would just run out of excuses and send the thing I bought. By now I've accepted that the German flaked out, and I'm working on an alternative, and I didn't want to open my present until he got his. Which he still hasn't. :(

I'm sorry Ozmiander, I've (kinda) failed you as a Santa.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Pham Nuwen posted:

british crap

Hey - I do plan on sending you a few things. I just need to take them off a rover. Maybe a JJJJAAAGGGG part or two will make its way in.

Either way, I have your addy, ill send you something stupid.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

:neckbeard:

I'm glad the package made it in one piece (I had to fill out 3 different customs forms because the post office guy kept handing me the wrong ones and the correct one didn't have enough space to declare everything which had me nervous) and I'm sorry to hear you had a rough holiday. I hope the package brought back a little bit of light to your situation.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I'm irrationally in love with the WeatherTech coastermats.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

If everybody just sent $1 to a Paypal account he'd get enough for a nice bottle (assuming there are 60+ of us doing this), it's easy, it doesn't add a lot of extra cost for each person.

I'm not going to solicit this, but if you're willing to get me drunk to forget about this year, I won't turn down the offer ;)

SA Username at gmail is my Paypal if you feel bad, I guess.

This year was poo poo for my planning/running as I've been on 7days/10hrs since mid-December. Usually I have two (unpaid) weeks off for Christmas that I use to sort out this thing right before the crunch.

I had my spreadsheet updated as the month went on, but there wasn't a ton I could do as everyone was all "ahh poo poo, will mail it out before CUTOFF date" rather than the ideal shipping date which gives plenty of time to sort out issues.

When I had last updated the sheet on January 7th, there were about 20 no-shipping proof issues I had on my sheet. According to the rules, that would have been twenty probs/bans/red custom titles going out depending on the severity.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Some rear end in a top hat left a box of junk on my porch... oh wait this might be for me after all...

Yep, yes it is for me:

It is what you think it is?

There were some electrical bits too:

Thanks CSB! The battery disconnect in particular looks really cool... is there a story attached to anything? What's the Automobile Noise Filter meant to actually accomplish? What's that air filter for?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
The crank is from my supermoto that I exploded repeatedly. The other jackass I actually had for aiss got the piston.
btw: that blueing isn't supposed to be there.

I got that filter originally to isolate the feeds on shitpiles ipod adapter.

the minifilter: crankcase vent for a old engine, or bike. Figured the array of stuff would be of use on the MG.

the battery disconnect came off a long ago customers L322.

Those fender repeaters? Those came off a rolls.
I am *really* happy they made it ok. they're worth about $75/ea

E: Metal relay: RRC fuel/ecu relay. blue relay: RRC abs. the rest came from shitpile or the p38 that was crashed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
You are a good man CSB :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sockington posted:

When I had last updated the sheet on January 7th, there were about 20 no-shipping proof issues I had on my sheet. According to the rules, that would have been twenty probs/bans/red custom titles going out depending on the severity.

Looks like IOC has some button pushin' to do. Read the rules, jerks.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

I Support A Red Hammer AISS 2014 (and 2015)

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

meatpimp posted:

Worst case scenario, we all get red titles picked by Viggen. or STR... Though I'm not sure he can find 20 different references to somehow include his Saturn in our ridicule.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Thanks CSB! I particularly appreciate the M111 engine cover - it was possibly the favorite part of my W203. I've hung it on my office wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
welcome! :3:
the dual taillight is from the fzr.
the led bulb is from the klr.
two pistons: New dodge 4.7 :30 over.
giant rear end lugnut form shitpile and a piece of the fusebox
Oil filter I bought for my yz450f that I owned.
the float goes to a duramax powered truck fuel filter. its the "water in fuel" float.

• Locked thread