Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the video of the full exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icc0NXOdJQg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joementum posted:

The context for that is she said her family has fought for America since the revolution.

Which they have. She's an active DAR member on her father's side.

Yeah, like, not that there was probably any doubt, but just in case there is any thought that context might help his remarks at all:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joementum posted:

Holy poo poo. It's even worse. He's given 30 seconds to respond and that's his entire answer.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Yes, if you're offering something you thought of that has no evidence it's speculation. That's the definition.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Joementum posted:

Wow, already pulled due to a copyright claim.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Winter Stormer posted:

It's available here:

https://www.twitter.com/TheMattWilstein/status/791835769082028032

Sorry I'm phone-posting so the embed might fail.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Winter Stormer posted:

Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXSjjygdhdg

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In case the video gets pulled again, it's exactly what's in the transcript, but then there's a five second pause and the moderator says, "Uhhh, ok, next question."

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

JFC, Kirk. I know the GOP is going full retard this cycle, but come on.

:fork:

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
lmao Kellyanne Conway took a loving shot at Kirk over this

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DutchDupe posted:

lmao Kellyanne Conway took a loving shot at Kirk over this

yeah but to be fair kellyanne spends most of her waking moments taking shots

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I cannot believe Kirk still hasn't tweeted a bullshit apology. He's totally throwing this race.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
PPP poll suddenly shows Rubio-Murphy race even at 46-46 in Florida.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

PPP poll suddenly shows Rubio-Murphy race even at 46-46 in Florida.

That's surprising given how bollocks Murphy is. I guess the den rising tide pulled his boat up as well

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lycus posted:

I cannot believe Kirk still hasn't tweeted a bullshit apology. He's totally throwing this race.

Mark Kirk, it should be noted, has been busted multiple times for claiming military honors that he never received or earned. I'm sure next week he'll be shouting from the rooftops about how he did in fact apologize and Tammy Duckworth thought his apology was so gracious that she said he should win.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

That's surprising given how bollocks Murphy is. I guess the den rising tide pulled his boat up as well

most other polls have him down 5, so hes not really doing all that well--a ray of hope perhaps

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

most other polls have him down 5, so hes not really doing all that well--a ray of hope perhaps

Anything that makes the Marcobot squirm.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume Clinton/the DNC smell blood and will do what they can to be rid of Rubio here.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

I assume Clinton/the DNC smell blood and will do what they can to be rid of Rubio here.

Didn't they just pull like all their money out of that race?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alter Ego posted:

One of the super Pacs turned around and sent money once they saw how close it still was.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Alter Ego posted:

That was the DSCC. Which I thought was dumb but Chuck Schumer is an idiot

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's also our new Majority/Minority Leader with Reid retiring! :downs:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

jesus

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i mean , jesus

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Got an email from the Sanders listserv today stumping for Russ Feingold. Is he polling behind Clinton in Wisconsin?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Every day that Chuck the Schmuck manages to not eat one of those delicious looking laundry soap pods is a pure wonder

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Shinjobi posted:

One of the super Pacs turned around and sent money once they saw how close it still was.

Are we sure it wasn't just Murphy's dad throwing more money into the race?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

STL Post-Dispatch polls have two statistical ties in the Missouri races, with Roy Blunt holding a slim lead in the Senate election and Chris Koster (D) leading by a point on a surging Eric Greitens (R).

It should be noted that Trump is expected to win here by about six to seven percentage points, and his "drain the swamp" message has resonated quite well in a state where there aren't any limits on lobbying/gifts/contributions, so that's why you're seeing some of these odd splits--both the challengers have very much portrayed themselves as clean political outsiders.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

Got an email from the Sanders listserv today stumping for Russ Feingold. Is he polling behind Clinton in Wisconsin?

Not really but there were a few recent polls that had a tighter margin than you would expect. Clinton has never been well liked here and will still win here easily, but doesn't hurt to make sure. Plus Bernie is here a lot to sway the Madison college kids to vote Dem.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jewel Repetition posted:

Yes, if you're offering something you thought of that has no evidence it's speculation. That's the definition.

ah, so your posting

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hopefully the fact that schumer's the worst won't let rubio win

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Oct 30, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The theory behind pulling out of Florida was they have the resources to do Florida, or both Missouri and North Carolina. Florida is expensive and the only way Murphy wins is HRC drives turnout through the roof which she's working as hard as she can at.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

The PlatzapS A+ Excellent Voter Guide
Orange County Florida

All partisan offices: Straight Democrat except Ayala Aramis, who is running unopposed which gives you a chance to write something in.

Judicial retention: Either skip or “YES” to all. If we kick one out Rick Scott picks the replacement so it doesn’t matter.

Circuit Judge 9th Circuit Group Four: Either. Calderon's got all the endorsements but Davis is the brother of jazz legend Miles.
County Judge Group 1: Michael Gibson! He's endorsed by AFL-CIO and the other guy's endorsed by the cops.
County Judge Group 4: Tom Young
County Judge Group 5: Evellen Jewett

Board of County Commissioners District 5: Emily Bonilla
Soil and Water District 1: Maria Bolton-Joubert
Soil and Water District 3: Nicole Victoria McLaren
Soil and Water District 5: Steve Laune Beumer

Florida Constitutional Amendments:
#1 (Solar) – NO!
#2 (Medical Marijuana) YES!
#3 (First Responders Tax Exemption) No
#5 (Homestead Tax Exemption) No
[edit: Homestead exemption is actually 5, #4 is not on the ballot.]

Orange County Charter Amendments:
1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

platzapS has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Oct 31, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

hopefully the fact that schumer's the worst won't let rubio win

its pretty irritating, yes

platzapS posted:

Florida Constitutional Amendments:
#1 (Solar) – NO!
#2 (Medical Marijuana) YES!
#3 (First Responders Tax Exemption) No
#4 (Homestead Tax Exemption) No

important to do this florida goons tia

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

does anybody have interest in writing a good OP for a california proposition thread? ive been sinking my sa time into reading a single loving thread for some reason (this time quixote is gonna knock down that windmill) so i kinda dont have time i guess

mostly im curious about that proposition to make drug companies sell to medi-cal, or whatever the medicaid here's called, at the same price they sell to the VA (or whatever the law would be). seems like the kind of thing that could lead to a lot of people losing their medications, because there's no way to tell the drug companies not to gently caress people over and they'll want a backlash so they can maintain their regulatory capture of the institutions that are supposed to fight for voters? anybody have a good write-up on that one?

i remember reading articles in australia about the government negotiating drug prices for their people, using the number of their customers as leverage in exactly the way private insurance companies do ya kno, and it saddened me that such a conversation is basically out of bounds here. but im also ignorant of health policy! so

the other ones are somewhat interesting too and might be worth discussing, i kind of dont like the cigarette tax increase bc its a lot of money out of the pockets of poor people who are already addicted

and my individual vote doesnt matter anyway but the fiction that it does is fun to maintain :sun:

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Oct 31, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Hey Burr, gently caress you!

https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/793212198130712576

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Might cost him a point or two. Perfectly timed and that race is knife edge close

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

oystertoadfish posted:

does anybody have interest in writing a good OP for a california proposition thread? ive been sinking my sa time into reading a single loving thread for some reason (this time quixote is gonna knock down that windmill) so i kinda dont have time i guess

mostly im curious about that proposition to make drug companies sell to medi-cal, or whatever the medicaid here's called, at the same price they sell to the VA (or whatever the law would be). seems like the kind of thing that could lead to a lot of people losing their medications, because there's no way to tell the drug companies not to gently caress people over and they'll want a backlash so they can maintain their regulatory capture of the institutions that are supposed to fight for voters? anybody have a good write-up on that one?

i remember reading articles in australia about the government negotiating drug prices for their people, using the number of their customers as leverage in exactly the way private insurance companies do ya kno, and it saddened me that such a conversation is basically out of bounds here. but im also ignorant of health policy! so

the other ones are somewhat interesting too and might be worth discussing, i kind of dont like the cigarette tax increase bc its a lot of money out of the pockets of poor people who are already addicted

and my individual vote doesnt matter anyway but the fiction that it does is fun to maintain :sun:
The Cali politics thread has what you need. Last ten pages are election/proposition chat.

Good discussions of the props' pros and cons can be found at:
Pete rates the props
League of Women Voters of CA
Ballotpedia
LA Times

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

platzapS posted:

The PlatzapS A+ Excellent Voter Guide
Orange County Florida

Judicial retention: Either skip or “YES” to all. If we kick one out Rick Scott picks the replacement so it doesn’t matter.

god dammit i didn't consider this and voted to kick all the ones that he and jeb had appointed
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

god dammit i didn't consider this and voted to kick all the ones that he and jeb had appointed
gently caress

I wouldn't worry. Orlando Sentinel says no high-level judge has ever actually been voted out:

Orlando Sentinel posted:

Critics of the retention process often point out that no justice or appellate judge has ever been rejected by voters. But that says more about the high caliber of justices and appellate judges in Florida, and the process for nominating them, than any defects in the system for evaluating them.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 01:55 on Nov 1, 2016

• Locked thread