Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Came here to post this. As Schnorkles says, good loving timing. Man he's disgusting, please kick him out on his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not sure what to make of this PA poll. This is a B+ rated pollster on 538 and the lean is R +0.4. Still seems like an incredible outlier.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793295484110733312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

platzapS posted:

I wouldn't worry. Orlando Sentinel says no high-level judge has ever actually been voted out:

fuckin lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure what to make of this PA poll. This is a B+ rated pollster on 538 and the lean is R +0.4. Still seems like an incredible outlier.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793295484110733312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

definitely feels like the polls are all over the place even in the last days of the election. time to get spooked?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

platzapS posted:

The PlatzapS A+ Excellent Voter Guide
Orange County Florida

All partisan offices: Straight Democrat except Ayala Aramis, who is running unopposed which gives you a chance to write something in.

Judicial retention: Either skip or “YES” to all. If we kick one out Rick Scott picks the replacement so it doesn’t matter.

Circuit Judge 9th Circuit Group Four: Either. Calderon's got all the endorsements but Davis is the brother of jazz legend Miles.
County Judge Group 1: Michael Gibson! He's endorsed by AFL-CIO and the other guy's endorsed by the cops.
County Judge Group 4: Tom Young
County Judge Group 5: Evellen Jewett

Board of County Commissioners District 5: Emily Bonilla
Soil and Water District 1: Maria Bolton-Joubert
Soil and Water District 3: Nicole Victoria McLaren
Soil and Water District 5: Steve Laune Beumer

Florida Constitutional Amendments:
#1 (Solar) – NO!
#2 (Medical Marijuana) YES!
#3 (First Responders Tax Exemption) No
#5 (Homestead Tax Exemption) No
[edit: Homestead exemption is actually 5, #4 is not on the ballot.]

Orange County Charter Amendments:
1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

gently caress you bitch im moving to florida just to vote the opposite of all this, don't tell me what to do

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Philly transit workers are now on strike.

If this holds through Election Day and Philadelphia turnout is depressed you can basically bust out the balloons for Toomey.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

PleasingFungus posted:

definitely feels like the polls are all over the place even in the last days of the election. time to get spooked?

There is never a time to get spooked. All it does is waste valuable posting energy.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

gently caress you bitch im moving to florida just to vote the opposite of all this, don't tell me what to do

The Orange County Commission is a den of scoundrels, they were too in love with Red Lobster and Olive Garden to even consider paid sick leave. Vote 4 them if u want to get sick and *cough cough* die.

Zas posted:

fuckin lol
the system works

platzapS has issued a correction as of 06:19 on Nov 1, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

platzapS posted:

Vote 4 them if u want to get sick and *cough cough* die.

i would love nothing more

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

PleasingFungus posted:

By "all over the place", the extreme outliers are statistical ties on one extreme, and hillary blowouts on the other. I'd count on Hilldawg and her senate peeps to be in pretty solid positions still.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

If this holds through Election Day and Philadelphia turnout is depressed you can basically bust out the balloons for Toomey.

This came up in Trump thread and multiple people confirmed it's no biggie because

1) trhey go on strike every year so peeps know how to adjust
2) there's like 11 million polling places in Philly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

platzapS posted:

The Orange County Commission is a den of scoundrels, they were too in love with Red Lobster and Olive Garden to even consider paid sick leave. Vote 4 them if u want to get sick and *cough cough* die.

the system works
It's amazing nobody got kicked out of office for that. They basically coordinated with Disney and Darden's lobbyists to kill the initiative, then only got in trouble when they deleted the evidence.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Epic High Five posted:

This came up in Trump thread and multiple people confirmed it's no biggie because

1) trhey go on strike every year so peeps know how to adjust
2) there's like 11 million polling places in Philly

yeah like one of my friends lives in a poorer part of philly, and her polling place is a 5 minute walk away

on this map of philly, every area outlined in red has its own polling place:

if you'll look closely, it's sometimes only like 2 blocks of 2 streets in a voting district. the large ones are pretty much all empty of people, like the airport or parkland

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

fishmech posted:

yeah like one of my friends lives in a poorer part of philly, and her polling place is a 5 minute walk away

f you'll look closely, it's sometimes only like 2 blocks of 2 streets in a voting district. the large ones are pretty much all empty of people, like the airport or parkland

Chiming in as a Philly resident, it would literally take longer to drive to my polling place than walk. I've also never had to wait more than a couple minutes to vote.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GalacticAcid posted:

When I lived in the city, my polling place was a 2 minute walk, and even if i lived at the edge of my precinct area, it would have been at most a 15 minute walk..and I didn't even live downtown I was in the far northeast. Even though Philly is really good about having lots of polling places, I think it would least have somewhat of an effect, it might tip the scales in a close race. Props though to the transit workers, they really know how to put the mayor's balls in a vice grip. If PA doesn't deliver for McGinty, who is a Philly native, because of a lower turnout during a septa strike, the DNC will be none to happy with them.

Public transit across the entire state could go on strike and I don't think that will save Trump from losing PA.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

FMguru posted:

The Cali politics thread has what you need. Last ten pages are election/proposition chat.

Good discussions of the props' pros and cons can be found at:
Pete rates the props
League of Women Voters of CA
Ballotpedia
LA Times

thanks! i'll educate myself now

also i just checked daily kos elections to see if there was anything to post here but it's really just internal polls, fundraising, and ad summaries that support the consensus view of various races. me-02 is close, rubio is ahead, people are spending in wisconsin but not as much as in other senate races, whatever. i did learn that charlie crist still supports chain gangs (dodging the 13th amendment by throwing black men into jail then forcing them to work the fields shackled together with an overseer watching) though. what a loving creep

i guess he's still expected to win his stupid house district idk. that rando lobbyist who the gop leadership hates, jolly, shouldnt have won in 2014 (only time i can remember seeing a candidate's top campaign staff quit weeks before a victory, irrc), but that was a midterm year (or was it the special election he won in 2013 and then he was unopposed in 2014? that mightve been it) and the district's been de-gerrymandered to include a dark blue chunk of downtown st petersburg, i think

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
If you were to worry about outside effects in PA, isn't the law that anyone can challenge a voters identity still in place? Obviously it wasn't enough for mittens.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm glad that's cleared up
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/775736430911954944

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Hey just stopping by to say Ted Strickland sucks

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It's just a terrible thing to say that Charles Boustany had sex with hookers that got murdered. Just terrible. From this day forth, no one should say that Charles Boustany had sex with hookers that got murdered.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Alter Ego posted:

It's just a terrible thing to say that Charles Boustany had sex with hookers that got murdered. Just terrible. From this day forth, no one should say that Charles Boustany had sex with hookers that got murdered.

*drops bag, it bursts open and books spill out all over the floor*

darn it, these copies of "murder in the bayou," the book that sensationally alleges that charles boustany had sex with hookers that got murdered, are all over the floor! can you all help me pick these up? i ordered some extra so feel free to take a one home if you don't have it yet.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Haven't tight Senate races in pretty much every year since 2006 swung widely towards one party? Makes me think that even if the median outcome seems to be 50-50 control right now if that trend continues then the final outcome is likely to be different (in the Democratic direction as it's a presidential year)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's not a midterm and we haven't had same-party presidential succession in a while, deffo not enough data to extrapolate to now

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
And the redistricting of 2010 really tipped the scales.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Corky Romanovsky posted:

And the redistricting of 2010 really tipped the scales.

Not in the senate it didn't.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Guys I am arzying about the Senate what do?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It could really go either way. The NC voter suppression efforts concern me for that seat.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Inglonias posted:

Drink.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Inglonias posted:

the democrats had a decent chance of taking the senate back when Republicans had a chance of taking Reid's seat, and the Democrats have essentially already won that race

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Perhaps its too early to say this, but I think there's some evidence showing that NC closing half its poll places between 2012 and 2016 has negatively affected AA voting numbers, and therefore Dems chances downballot in the state.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shageletic posted:

Perhaps its too early to say this, but I think there's some evidence showing that NC closing half its poll places between 2012 and 2016 has negatively affected AA voting numbers, and therefore Dems chances downballot in the state.

There's no question that's true. Only question is how true, and if the Dems can win anyway.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ugh i still havent researched all the california propositions. im terrible @ politics

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

FMguru posted:

The Cali politics thread has what you need. Last ten pages are election/proposition chat.

Good discussions of the props' pros and cons can be found at:
Pete rates the props
League of Women Voters of CA
Ballotpedia
LA Times

time to get on that poo poo i guess

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
currently a 4-4 split between Ayotte and Hassan

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It could really go either way. The NC voter suppression efforts concern me for that seat.

Unless people are out in force at the polls and willing to wait for hours on end the NCGOP will probably manage to steal the senate seat and possibly the governorship if not the state as well. If there was any justice in this country Obama (or Clinton) is going to point the DoJ at the NCGOP and unleash hell on those klansmen fuckstains regardless of how the courts deal with the GOP's over the top, even by GOP standards, AA-targeted voter suppression.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I hope Mark Kirk loses bigly

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i have no idea what to expect on this poo poo. schnorkles posted this in the trump thread, don't think i saw it here?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-to-watch-tuesdays-house-results-like-a-pro/?ex_cid=story-twitter

some house districts to watch

i guess ill look at daily kos elections and rrhelections and hope they talk about state legislative poo poo if/when it matters/happens

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

I hope Mark Kirk loses bigly

Aren't duckworth's margins like hilariously high? Like +>10?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

stone cold posted:

Aren't duckworth's margins like hilariously high? Like +>10?

Yeah. I think that Senate race is an instant call when Illinois is called tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sam Wang is forecasting a Senate split. I hope he's just being pessimistic.

• Locked thread