Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
In California, how many congressional districts are going to be between members of the same party because of the top two system? I know that my district is, but I was wondering what other districts had the same thing happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Yeah back in 2009 I remember a lot of talk about a "41 vote majority" after Scott Brown got elected and Lieberman went independent.

Instant Sunrise has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Sep 2, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/781138093562793984

Donate and volunteer for your local politicians folks, it's just as important for your day to day life as the national.

agreeing with this.

folks, i cannot stress how important the state level elections are. going from governor schwarzenegger to jerry brown and a democratic supermajority statehouse, it was like night and loving day.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Funny how your insanely unsolvable multi-year debt problem seemed to be under control within like a year of Brown taking over.

it was a combination of brown and a democratic supermajority in the state assembly and senate, since proposition loving 13 made it so that any kind of tax increase needed a 2/3's majority to pass.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

CA Senate: D vs D
CA-12: D vs I
CA-17: D vs D
CA-29: D vs D
CA-32: D vs D
CA-34: D vs D
CA-37: D vs D
CA-40: D vs I
CA-44: D vs D
CA-46: D vs D

Not a single R vs R race in the House (haven't looked at the state level yes), I love our top 2 primary system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

dem senate, gop house is probably what he meant

• Locked thread