Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

dems are taking the house, count it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

the dude appears to be good at politics

im wondering if this election will look in retrospect like a break in the trend toward historically low ticket-splitting between the up- and downballot, and if so, whether it'll continue to next time (either because the effect is independent of nominating an manifestly unfit candidate, or because republicans will continue to nominate manifestly unfit candidates)

well on one hand we have loud people on twitter threatening to vote D downballot, otoh you have the effect where people split tickets the other way in a blowout

I'm guessing we'll see a lot more of the latter than the former

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Toomey loving weaseled out of every trump question and the moderator didn't have the spine nor steely gaze of cooper

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol google consumer surveys ok buddy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Democrazy posted:

538 has them as a B rating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZx1lf2tvs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

There seems to be a lot of Senate races where the Dems are losing/barely leading at all but Hillary is doing well. I do think her strategy of distancing the rest of the GOP from Trump is making it harder for those candidates to break away.

I think it's depressing turnout vs trying to tie the downballot if you can hammer the top of the ticket down a few %, there's no need for anything else

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

plus she's not the best messenger for that, the downballot themselves are working hard to make those connections

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I had honestly never heard of California's top two system, but drat that's so good. So much better than party switching and tactical voting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's not a midterm and we haven't had same-party presidential succession in a while, deffo not enough data to extrapolate to now

• Locked thread