Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Has this been posted?

quote:

Pat Toomey leads Katie McGinty by just a single point in the PA Senate race.

That’s the conclusion of Public Policy Polling latest survey, which found Toomey with 42% and McGinty at 41%. 17% are unsure.

These results are almost identical to PPP’s findings last June.

There is quite a large gender gap in this race as Toomey leads 51% to 36% with men while McGinty is ahead 45% to 34% with women.

http://www.politicspa.com/pa-sen-ppp-poll-toomey-42-mcginty-41/77491/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I think we'll look back on that in 10-20 years and wonder why anyone thought that big business would back a Republican or that it was weird for Democrats to be cozy with Wall Street.

There are plenty of CEOs backing Clinton even with her very public stances against big business, at least compared to what she was espousing a decade ago. They're dealing with the after effect of the Recession as well, and will have to adapt to a population much less trusting and much more demanding of them, and their practices, than we're using to seeing outside of Europe.

EDIT: Ro Khanna was utterly repulsive last electoral cycle, and yes is just a 90s era Republican in a Democratic skin suit. Well, outside of the abortion issue.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

who has that schumer clapping in the dnc gif.

edit: more seriously, the periodic pandering downstate NY pols do for Western Ny is eye-rolling. But Buffalo is at least on an upswing, being the only rust-belt city outside of Pittsburgh, with an increasing population.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Dude is basically a Republican who's only a Democrat because of his father. He was a very conservative Democrat who retired in 2010 and now wants back in because reasons.

He'd won every single Senate race by crushing margins by coasting on his last name, despite being absolutely useless in terms of voting in the Senate. The only reason to hope he wins is because it's +1 to the Dems in the Senate.

He also peaced out of Congress by lambasting politicians turning into lobbyists, then promptly became one.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

edit wrong thread lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

can someone who knows about The Polls explain what it means that the "leading" candidate still only has 43% of the vote

i feel like it's fairly late in the game for such high undecideds but idk

It's a crazy election? A majority of those undecided are conservatives feeling grossed out by Trump, and therefore the generic Republican candidate.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

also the gop is trying to ratfuck democrats in NY-21 by talking about how the green party candidate is the real progressive. i don't really know why dke hates the top-two system so much; it seems like avoiding this sort of thing, or the way maine's non-insane voters split between two candidates and made paul lepage a two-term governor, makes up for the occasional lockout by two strong candidates from the minority party (maine might go to the theoretically superior IVR tho iirc, isn't there a ballot measure about that? how is that looking? it would be interesting to see how americans react to that, i think it'd be the highest level it's been applied at in this country?)

Derrick, like almost all democratic campaigns, are going after the Trump connection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLxGGxYS14

I don't think she has a chance, especially in NY.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

derrick is going to lose real bad

Color me corrected: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/elise-stefanik-lead-internal-poll-new-york-mike-derrick

Upstate NY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Perhaps its too early to say this, but I think there's some evidence showing that NC closing half its poll places between 2012 and 2016 has negatively affected AA voting numbers, and therefore Dems chances downballot in the state.

• Locked thread