Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
If the Democrats win back the Senate, the new majority leader would be Schumer over Durbin, right? Any reason to believe one would be more effective than the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Didn't this happen in 2014? Where people kept saying "oh man it's super close!" and then Election Day comes and whatever R senator it was wins with 60%

This year is totally different, my general rule of thumb these days until proven otherwise is that Democrats are going to make big gains in presidential years and then get totally hosed by Republicans in midterm years. Rinse and repeat.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Haven't tight Senate races in pretty much every year since 2006 swung widely towards one party? Makes me think that even if the median outcome seems to be 50-50 control right now if that trend continues then the final outcome is likely to be different (in the Democratic direction as it's a presidential year)

• Locked thread