Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Please god Ben Carson don't run. Just....disappear for a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Down with Ares, up with Mars.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there a general consensus on the outlook of the senate post-November, or is it still waaay too early to call? I suppose Rubio's possible entry will be a difference maker, one way or another, but I haven't really kept up with all the seats up for grabs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to be optimistic but it's just not happening. I just don't think Trump can do enough damage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Hello, downballot thread. If you're interested, here is a web page with all of the people running in state elections in the Michigan August 2 primary.

http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/candlist/16PRI/16PRI_CL.HTM

My name will be on the local precinct ballot for precinct delegate. I am the only Democrat running in my precinct.

I would vote for you if I could, huge pubes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's been some rumbling in Texas about making medical marijuana a thing and seeing how it winds up working out.

Tip toeing meekly into the industry, potentially.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah, I should have clarified. No ballots or anything for pot, but the idea of legalizing medical is gaining steam it seems.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's already been reports of big GOP donors shifting their focus to downticket races, so these next few weeks should be interesting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
RIP Strickland

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/canova-revolution-bernie-sanders-debbie-wasserman-schultz/497807/

As someone who was excited about the whole "Our Revolution" thing, it's pretty sad to think it got derailed as quickly as it did. Get hosed, Weaver.

I know, I know, DWS probably would have won anyway, but I can't imagine how someone like her racked up a double digit lead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Dems are going to botch drat near everything but the presidency at this rate.

Again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tatum Girlparts posted:

explain exactly how the dems are botching it

They've the benefit of a toxic republican candidate hurting the rest of the GoP, and they're just barely maintaining slim leads. I'm not crazy enough to think we should be seeing double digit leads or anything, but as of the right now the only Democrat I am firmly confident in would be Hillary. The downticket stuff, even with a crappy GoP, still feels like a coin flip. It's concerning.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
please wave dicks about net neutrality elsewhere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Bayh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alter Ego posted:

Didn't they just pull like all their money out of that race?

One of the super Pacs turned around and sent money once they saw how close it still was.

• Locked thread