Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Joementum posted:

And then there's Nevada, with Reid saying he's going to run again, but he got lucky with two bad opponents in 2010 and the popular Republican Governor, Brian Sandoval, is rumored to be planning a run against Reid.

If Sandavol runs I'd say NV is likely a Republican pickup. Dude has popularity most politicians can only dream of, he won on Tuesday with 70.5% of the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

So the Democratic primary to run against Kirk in IL is totally going to be Rahm vs Duckworth huh?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Nameless_Steve posted:

Imagine if Clinton had FDR'd and been reelected President for the rest of his life. The country would be in a much better place, and would have stopped caring after the ninth or tenth intern he had sexual relations with.

People didn't even care the first time, Clinton's approval rating peaked during the Lewinsky scandal.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Pew has been doing a big thing on American political demographics all year long, and I believe they're correct in where a lot of millenials fall is "New generation left"

http://www.people-press.org/2014/06/26/typology-comparison/age/

Basically very socially liberal and support some government action on the economy/environment and support the safety net in theory, but are basically third way Dems willing to cut it more to get rid of "fraud" and to encourage work. The main thing they really want is expanded government services in regards to having their college debt paid off.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

evilweasel posted:

The Democrats have an overwhelming supermajority in both legislative chambers. The senate is 36-4, and the house is 128-32. That is pretty overwhelmingly Democratic, Coakley pratfalls aside. Basically the new Republican governor can't even veto a bill credibly unless it massively split the Dem caucus.

drat what are we doing wrong in Connecticut. I mean yeah on one hand we re-elected our Democratic governor, but on the other Dems have in the past 3 elections consistently had their majority chipped away at. After 2008 they had a super majority in both houses. Come January it will be 21-16 in the Senate and 87-64 in the House.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

I didn't even know they were having the election today, that's how much faith I had in Landrieu even making it remotely competitive. So what is the Senate at, 55-45?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Damnit, why couldn't it be the other California senator.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Speaking of voice votes, remember the minor clusterfuck at the DNC in 2012 over Israel/Palestine? Good times.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

For perspective, Brian Sandoval won re-election in 2014 with 70.6% of the vote. I don't care how weak his opponent was, that is a ridiculously high number. Republican governors in the deep south don't even win that big.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

while we can't technically we can't say 100%, there is a 99.9998% chance Sandoval runs for and wins the Senate seat from Nevada. The only thing that can stop it is a major scandal happening about his administration before then

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Adar posted:

If Hillary wins by 2012 Obama margins or better the Senate is D regardless of what happens in Nevada. There are too many seats in purple states in play

What map are you looking at? There's Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and New Hampshire. Florida I don't think is in play at all, the only hope there is Rubio gets picked as VP candidate, and Ayotte I think is only possible to get rid of if Governor Hassan runs. Iowa may be purple but there's no way in gently caress Chuck Grassley is going to face a serious challenge, and Nevada is all but lost if Sandoval runs, which means Dems need to win one extra seat.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Missouri is not in play, as it stands McCaskill only won re-election in a presidential election year because "If it's a legitimate rape.....". Blunt doesn't need to be popular, he has an R next to his name.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Bel Shazar posted:

Nobody wants to walk around Bridgeport.

Well if you're into urban decay it's probably a good walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Ohio update: Strickland is way, way behind Portman in Ohio both in fundraising and especially cash on hand

• Locked thread