Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What are your thoughts on 2016, Joe?

I see a whole poo poo ton of R seats up for reelection but I don't know enough about many individual races to have an informed opinion on how things are looking as a whole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

evilweasel posted:

See, this is why I don't usually bother to hide my contempt for you. This thread has people clearly explaining the issue and even explaining it's limits - that it does no good at the legislative level - and what you have is a lot of feelings and not a lot of thought. So we're left with you sort of spluttering dumb lines like this.

As to this line itself as was pointed out a lot after 2012, the Republicans managed to win the popular vote once in the past six Presidential elections, and that was only with the advantage of incumbency. We are pretty solidly into the era of Democratic dominance of the Presidency, the question is to what degree it matters without control of Congress. Really, the only thing that saved Republicans was the mathematical quirk of 2000 - but as the Democratic majority has strengthened the odds of a split like that have decreased and in fact a split like that is now more likely to favor Democrats than Republicans.

It also doesn't hurt that Kerry was a garbage candidate.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Ohioan

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
hot drat if chuck grassley gets dunked on :getin:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

This makes me think of an MMO quest description

"You must challenge 10 giant chaos in economy to level up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU