Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HMS Beagle posted:

The Jaguars are the best Florida team because

1) Their uniforms are ugly as hell.
2) Their quarterback is named Blake Bortles
3) Jaxson De Ville

Jaxson De Ville retired so the jaguars are garbage again

also carson better not loving run for a Florida senate seat because the idiot-retards here that elected Rick Scott are certainly idiot-retarded enough to elect Wonderhands Carson too, probably by a wide margin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Alan Grayson is an rear end in a top hat but he spends most of his rear end in a top hat energy making GBS threads on republicans and promoting progressive policies so i'd be fine with him in the senate

Patrick Murphy is barely even a democrat and has the full weight of the shittiest parts of the party (DWS et al) behind his campaign so gently caress him

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that's a really vague series of statements so it's hard to tell but it comes off as remarkably petty on Reid's end

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The FL senate primary isn't until August so who the hell knows, but I'm guessing either Dem candidate would lose to the Republican candidate because voters here were retarded enough to elect Rick Scott twice

Gyges posted:

Grayson runs a hedge fund that was invested in a gold mine known to use slave labor. Good on Reid for telling Grayson that he's a piece of poo poo straight up in front of everyone else.

Reasonable but this is sort of a strange thing to bring up unprompted at a caucus meeting and later act super proud of yourself for it, I wonder how long he'd been thinking up that sick burn

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bernie Sanders is like 100 so who knows if he'll run for re-election but his term isn't up until 2018 anyway

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's a shame Grayson couldn't have just stayed in the house and kept on being an obnoxious rear end in a top hat to journalists and the GOP. I like the man's work but he's an incredible scumbag and he'll never beat Rubio like that

Murphy is like the clueless spiritual successor to DWS which should go over well with all the fops in the tip of the dick that is south Florida but all the polls on RCP recently have him losing 7-9 points in a hypothetical Rubio matchup. honestly gently caress the Florida dems

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

User Error posted:

This guy is currently in 2nd place in the Missouri US Senate democratic primary.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/07/16/chief-wana-dubie-announces-bid-for-u-s-senate-from-missouri/

everything about this owns

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Breitbart's James O'Keefe came to Southeast Michigan and tried to vote as Mayor Duggan, Detroit Free Press editorial columnist Brian Dickerson, and Eminem in the August 2nd primary to prove voter fraud is rampant in Michigan. Every time he proved the system actually works and prevents voter fraud.

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/columnists/brian-dickerson/2016/08/03/dickerson-voter-impersonator/87993508/

Here is the video of O'Keefe attempting to vote as Brian Dickerson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDogU0Ga_Vg

And as for O'Keefe's claim he was "up in the north" hunting over the weekend and lost his driver's license, The earliest season to hunt anything in Michigan is August 1st, and that's for hunting crow.

it is an incredible shame he wasn't arrested over this poo poo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Publix is entirely owned by employees sice they're the only ones allowed to purchase stock in the company, and many of them earn it in benefits. That crazy woman probably inherited a good pile of stock but isn't actually affiliated with the company anymore. It's one of the few good things about Florida

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The idea that someone with Patrick Murphy's resume was able to win a state wide primary for a contested senate seat is almost unfathomable.

The idea that his only opposition was Alan Grayson is much more unfathomable, really

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It amazes me that fishmech appears not to be able to comprehend that "Canova was bad" does not equate to "DWS is good." They can both be bad.

fishmech is the undisputed world loving champion of ludicrous false dichotomies

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

The Senate voted 97-1, with the Democratic minority leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, alone in supporting the veto. The House followed suit a short time later, voting 348-77 to override and putting Congress directly at odds with the White House and national security establishment.

These are shocking figures for such a terrible bill, what the gently caress is wrong with the Senate? Only a third of them are up for re-election this year, so that doesn't explain it by itself

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Murphy's entire appeal as a democratic candidate is basically that he's good at fundraising so he might just not need the help, for whatever good it would do anyway

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Early voting started in Florida yesterday! Haven't gone out yet since I probably need to look up judges to see if they're poo poo or not (they probably are). There's also amendments 3 and 4 which are tax exemptions and I'm tempted to vote no on 4 for spite against the elderly or something. There's also the local down ballot which I might just leave blank since is pretty much all red and dem in name only. The state races I'll probably vote all dem though since it's unlikely they'll win anyways except for Rod Smith since he's been there forever.

make sure you also vote no on 1 (it is poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

platzapS posted:

The PlatzapS A+ Excellent Voter Guide
Orange County Florida

Judicial retention: Either skip or “YES” to all. If we kick one out Rick Scott picks the replacement so it doesn’t matter.

god dammit i didn't consider this and voted to kick all the ones that he and jeb had appointed
gently caress

• Locked thread