Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Pauline Kael posted:

Oh, good point, the Republicans will run Mitt Romney every 4 years henceforth. I hope he does better against Barack Obama next time!

In 2004 GWB got 44% of latino vote. Your entire strategy relies on that never ever happening again.

The GOP had its shot to cement this when Bush proposed comprehensive immigration reform - and the rest of the party doubled down on the white right. Short of some serious realignment, undoing the last decade of Republican rhetoric on, well, Latinos generally is not happening any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Pauline Kael posted:

Then no doubt, we are entering a permanent era of Democrat dominance at the Federal level!

Not at all - the most the GOP can do for the Democrats is make it unpalatable to Latinos to vote for Republicans. Unless Democrats keep their game up re: Latino outreach, the more likely scenario is a declining Hispanic share of the electorate. I also think that individual candidates for House, Senate, and gubernatorial seats can break from this, but it's more that they're starting a few paces behind with the generic Republican line on Hispanics. Hispanics also disproportionately belong to demographics that, for whatever reason, don't turn out - the young, the working class, etc.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Joementum posted:

And now Harris is in. If she clears the field early it'll be really good for the CA Democrats. If there's a tough-fought primary, CA's idiotic top two system could cause issues.

Goodwin Liu is probably pretty thrilled with this news.

• Locked thread