Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

deoju posted:

The GOP would have to be careful how they play the "too old" card against Clinton. They rely on older voters who wouldn't like to hear that a 70 year old shouldn't be trusted.

Its been said before in this thread that older voters may be familiar with the negative affects of aging.

Also, when it comes to the older GOP voting base I'm sure the "too old" card will work well. They will see their choice topically as between an enfeebled old crone "has-been" and a mature Republican man's man who gets stuff done no matter what his age is.

Its the swing voters that this image stuff will be important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHQlZiJ8YM

"It's basically like a bad dream except this is real and probably will ruin your lives"

At this point I think a lot of Liberals have gone through Marge Simpson's thought process concerning the GOP:

1)Violent Panic Attacks :derp:

2)Barely Coping/Alive :shepicide:

3) Coping :shepface:

4) Embracing Delusion :downsbravo:

5) Rapt Enthusiasm :getin:

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Trump is never going to let go of that Iowa loss, will he?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

CheesyDog posted:

Someone warn Rubio's parents

lol

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Baloogan posted:

forigeners (aside from glorious american canadians (who aren't fogiensers, just gettin that out there))

Cruz apologist sighted.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

WHAT WE NEED IN AMERICA IS "TRICKLE DOWN ETHICS"

BEN "Gifted Hands" CARSON

nuff said

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

JEB! is having a SPECIAL meeting each with Cruz, Rubio and Kasich before the Florida primary.

Who will JEB! choose as his official endorsement?

What will they do to get the hallowed JEB! endorsement?

What words of wisdom will the ghostly JEB!, the defeated heir of the presidency, bestow upon the last embers of hope still flickering against the cold, steak-scented shadow kingdom of Trump?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Montasque posted:

Megyn Kelly was trying to humanize Cruz with a trip down memory lane and he was uncomfortable with it... He really is a broken weird little man.

He kinda reminds me of another conservative from Alberta...

I was wondering how the more reserved Harper would have reacted to the rise of bombastic Trump.

Than I remember how easy it was for Harper to coddle with Canada's own populist and more orange red version of Trump

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Trump is not ready to leave hype-world where he is flabbergasting peeps and breaking historical records everyday.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

describe it better than, ideally in digestible television soundbite form

"Lyin' Kelly"

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

mimbo

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I thought it was going to be JEB!, than Rubio. Boy was I wrong.

I always thought Cruz was going down with the Santorum .

This Reuters poll says at least 16% would leave party if Trump lost despite a popular deligate win
http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/1/1239/1866/index.html

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Spite and Smug are the same dick behavior but different situations. A sore loser is spiteful, a "sore" or rear end in a top hat winner is smug. You can't be spiteful about your victory or smug about your loss.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

True, but Rubio's cocky programmers never bothered uploading or even coding his failedbid.exe, so he just kind of short-circuited to smug victory mode after he lost.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Al! posted:

is there any way to generate a nude rubio?

I was, am, and always will be a believer in the gaybhouse.exe easter-egg

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Stoat posted:

Kasich!

*jams entire phone receiver in mouth*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgL32Gl9rI

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

, such the fat guy from New Jersey who now just always looks like a secondary character in a mafia film who realized that Don Spignolini knows hes turning states evidence

..or always looks like the just barely over-the-hill middle-manager who splurges his pay-cheque for the nth time to remind himself what it all really is about at the end of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6sPv7jNt4 :unsmith:

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

ConservativeReview posted:

Because that's what Washington needs – another feckless old white guy who thinks he's the center of the universe.

It's funny how "another old white guy" meme, purportedly crafted by the Liberals, is getting bandied about so easily by embittered Conservatives these days.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

Literally looks like a female Ted Cruz

Dang how many skin-suits from the Cruz brood are out there?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

ted cruz looked at this women chewing a dog biscuit and thought "this is who i want to be one step removed from running the country"

At least she doesn't eat dog-flesh like someone y'all elected. :smugbert:

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

Has no one actually read Art of the Deal?

unironicly like?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

If you haven't read Art of the Deal and continue to write endlessly about how clueless Trump and his campaign are, you're just another opinionated rube with no sense of things. Not that the book will instantly make you a supporter, but it illuminates a lot of his thought processes and a lot of the possible reasons for his campaign decisions become clear. Otherwise it's just flailing at caricatures that the media paints for you so they can please their advertisers easier. Or whatever

If you haven't read "Dreams from My Father" and continue to write endlessly about how clueless Obama and his presidency is, you're just another opinionated rube with no sense of things. Not that the book will instantly make you a supporter, but it illuminates a lot of his thought processes and a lot of the possible reasons for his policies become clear. Otherwise it's just flailing at caricatures that the media paints for you so they can please their advertisers easier. Or whatever

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

bowser posted:

So if Trump loses what happens to all his ardent supporters? Do they just grumble and then slowly fall back in line with the GOPe by 2018?

there will be riots

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The reactions are always more amusing than the jokes. Half the humor of the original Trump roast was the camera cutting to the Donald.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I've been thoroughly enjoying the trad Conservative press slowly losing their minds.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434807/donald-trump-his-supporters

No joke about Sampson's hair\ Trump combover?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

As the only demographic that haven't clearly voiced unbridled hatred toward Ted, Cruz must feel wildly popular among the unborn.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

What will Ted say in his resignation speech? He can't really ambiguously say " I hope, and i know, the Republican's pick the RIGHT leader" like Jeb did but he will still be expected to say some vague truism about his hope for America and Republican party.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Dick Cheney just said he voting Trump

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover wall...

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The hat will be very popular when he wins.

Made America Great Again?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Slate Action posted:

The Dalai Lama? What a loser! :sad:

A D Lama/D Trump hang would own so loving hard

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Maybe they have found out what was going on in the meantime, ever thought of that?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/McCormackJohn/status/730127824040898560

YOU CANNOT HOLD THOSE POSITIONS SIMULTANEOUSLY MARCO

Sure you can. If you fear being branded a party-traitor over potential nuclear holocaust.Letting down the Republican Party is a far worse fate than having a madman hovering his small hands over the big red button for ever-faithful Rubes.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Montasque posted:

No one cares about Warren and Trump's twitter war other than his fans and her fans. Its playing to their bases nothing more.

It's causing him to make firm declarations about his policy, that at the very least can be brought up on national television, so I wouldn't say it's effect is constrained to the bases.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Montasque posted:

Trump holds all policy positions at the same time. His supporters don't give a poo poo. All the care about is WALL, MAGA, and Muslim ban.

I don't think this sort of stuff will lose Trump supporters. An undecided voter who thinks a minimum wage increase is a good or bad idea might find Trump's own public flip flopping a less safe bet then the Clint.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

jackofarcades posted:

BTW Trump never actually called for a minimum wage. What he said was something to the effect of "people need to make more money" but he's going to get there with something like "I'm going to bring in such good jobs people are gonna make higher than minimum wage."

Even though he never called for it we got a bunch of stories about "Trump open to raising minimum wage." This means that he has proof he's against it (his words) and proof he's for it (media headlines) all the while getting to complain about dishonest media.

(Edit: same thing happened about "raising taxes on the rich." He said he might raise the rates of his plan but was intentionally vague about it)

He also said during an interview today that his Muslim Ban was "just a suggestion". He's playing with language just more blatantly than most politicians do

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

We live in faster times. Situations develop and end in blinks of our eyes. We're bombarded by trillions of pieces of Information a day. Knowledge and facts become old and withered sometimes before we can even verbally acknowledge their veracity. We need a Quantum President whose judgement flux like space-time.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I'm the inappropriately capitalized M of "Meaningless"

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

I think he will wait it out as long as possible. He won't bend if Trump's campaign and polling is covered in a way that make's it look like Clinton is pulverizing- he will salivate like a disgusting vulture. If it's portrayed as a head to head race (99% sure it will) or even a Trump victory, he will certainty bend.

Cruz will be praying his mandibles off for the first scenario, and God will answer appropriately as he seems to do for all of Cruz's prayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

quote:

In March, Senecal told The New York Times that he tried to retire from his position in 2009, but Trump told him, “Tony, to retire is to expire” and “I’ll see you next season.”

lol

I could see how this statement could be said non-offensively to a fellow self-appointed business tycoon or NY "mover-and-shaker" but sounds rather harsh to a butler?

"Continue to oversee my domestic needs or you'll literally become nothing. See you next Season"

• Locked thread