Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Fred Thompson missing from Republican possibilities list.

Samuel Wurzelbacher too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nessus posted:

So what happens if the maniacs primary the people who make those threats? What if he goes full-tilt mandrill and founds the Cruz Party?

Then a lot of wonderful name-collisions will happen as hardcore party members are encouraged to download helpful apps to help them find the 'Cruziest' places to go when on vacation, find the best American glory halls and setting up some Koch-backed aggressive door-to-door 'Cruzing'

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The right wing media thread just reminded me (sorry Joementum) that Joe Liberman is still alive and once considered vice presidential.

Where does he stand for 2016? Time for some front running or is he again limited to dragging down the back end of a low-buzz ticket?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

De Nomolos posted:

The release promotes them working with Occupy and the Tea Party, which is basically about the worst combination of people I can imagine trying to work with.
Finally, a chance to see a Regressive Stack of speakers in action.

"I can trace my roots back to the Mayflower and demand my rights to punch a scullery maid in the teeth be returned to me!"

Ok then, you are up first.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm always baffled whenever his name is mentioned for anything. The hairline he is sporting alone kills him as a candidate. How the hell could he possibly frontrun any ticket? How could he even be a VP candidate?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I still sorta like Chris Christie from that time he launched his 2016 campaign in the leadup-to-keynote speaker slot at Mitt's actual convention. It got glossed over thanks to Clint Eastwood giving that chair hell, but it was a great moment.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Again I am stupid. How does it make sense to anyone inside Fortress Republican to put Mitt up for the nomination again? Is there some elaborate Mitt-as-kingmaker scenario they are going for where Mitt blesses the most Serious Man from within the Quiet Rooms? Or Mitt the Steadfast, whereby he acts as an establishment VP rudder to a firebrand Bootstraps candidate that wants to rid the USA of the tyranny of fire departments and medical services for the elderly.

Because it cant possible be about running him as the actual presidential candidate again, can it?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Maybe Mitt just ran the numbers and figured out that he can have the best personal security force on the planet for 7 months with just a small 4m campaign-loan kickstarting outlay?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Well I guess I should hope for Mitt to run as well at least as a signal to Cain and Gingrich that it is also their time once more.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Donnt be so sure of that. We could be inches away from an insurgent Lamanga '16 upending the entire Democratic side as he threatened to do in '08

I've still got a heap of "Dal's got the pluck for it!" cafepress t-shirts ready pull out of storage once he declares.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My favourite Mitt annecdote from the last election was his opening conversational gambit with constituents on the trail being:

quote:

When making small talk with locals, he peppers the conversation with curious details. (“We stayed in the Courtyard hotel last night,” he told a woman at a diner. “It’s a LEED-certified hotel.”)

I cannot imagine how I'd personally react to being told that by anyone.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The best part of this is that now some hard questions can be asked about his on-camera consumption of full caffeine, full sugar coca cola in the Mitt netflix documentary.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Alls I'm sayin' is that Steve Forbes, Alan Keyes and Bob Dole are all still alive. Do you hear me out there o great granter of thread wishes? No reason at all why they couldn't run again. Just sayin'.

The Pats Robertson and Buchanan too.

John B. Anderson as well if we are really hitting the back catalog. All men firmly under the umbrealla of "currently alive"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He's had three years to take his hundreds of millions of dollars, his network of people and even the very souls in his Mormon stake congregation whose afterlife he rules with an iron fist, and actually do something worth getting back the nomination. Take a simple problem, and visibly, publicly spearhead the effort to solve the gently caress out of it. Even on a private enterprise basis, start a company that does something electable. Be they guy that sticks EV and hydrogen stations everywhere in battleground states, use Bain-math to make everything look profitable, and march around for the entire primary going, "No, let ME tell YOU how to solve this' country's dependence on foreign oil! <applause> Because unlike you I went out and did it! <applause> Let him die! <muted applause>"

But he was content to just be photographed by Reddit at gas stations and checkout lines. And thank his polygamous god for that.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Fracked hydrogen, to be sure.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Who is going to be Miss Sheldon Adelson this time around?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I am so keen to see the Family Santorum's 2015 back-to-the-trail collection. What shade of gingham will be in this year? How broad and plasticy are the headbands going to be? Is there finally going to be space made for a second row of buttons on a button down collar?

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 12, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I am thrilled at the prospect of typing 'Piyush' for a few months. Now that Mitt is back in itt, its a veritable dream team of bad candidates. This must be what a normal person feels like preceding a big college draft.

Carly is now saying she'll decide in march or april. Hopefully she is just trying to lock up Fred Thompson as her VP in a bold play to take Califorina by way of triangulating through very, very low information voters in Hollywood & Menlo park

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I've decide that its only racist if I capitalize it, ala "That drat Bobby PIYUSH Jindal."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

We'll know its a lock once Tagg Romeny re-iterates his commitment to rush the stage and punch the democratic candidate.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wasn't there a theory going around that Mitt would clean up his lone 2011 tax return and then file to amend the poo poo out of it after he lost? Can he re-amend that return now that he has decided to run again or will he delightfully refuse to release it and trot out a solitary, sparkling 2015 return instead?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cliff Racer posted:

I am thrilled at the prospect of you getting run out of D&D again like you did last time after making a string of really obvious fake posts about how you were excited about Herman Cain and didn't understand why people didn't take his candidacy seriously.
Those weren't fake posts. I was hacked by a genuine Cain supporter. They guessed my password. I should have adhered to the complexity guidelines.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Joementum posted:

Please don't slander Taggart. That was Josh.

Joe, I say this not to be pedantic but we are going to have to get our Sons of Mittarchy sorted out now rather than have it come back to haunt us later. Taggart was the wishful puncher. Josh is the creepstare Romney.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/after-the-debate-tagg-romney-apologized-to-the-president/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I can just see him taking the skin off KFC with a napkin-wrapped hand and then digging in with a big poo poo-eating grin about how its "so mm-mm good". Amazing.

Mitt and food is the greatest combination. It lays the man bare.

I'd like to remind you all of how guiltlessly his family described how Mitt has to go first serving himself at all family meals and finishes eating before his kids, let alone any grandkids, even get a turn at the buffet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3_N7Igk7o&t=147s

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 13, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

comes along bort posted:

Good grief the bank of washing machines behind Chris Wallace. Are they making GBS threads their drawers every 15 minutes?
That stuck in many internet news site/ non-political forum commenter's craws as well. It stung more than "a couple of Cadillacs" because people could finally get the tangible image of solving everything with money, and how that would fundamentally change the Romneys. They finally got to feel that Ann (Who they likely mistakenly thought was the one doing the laundry) didn't want to bother with ever having to pay attention to the wash so everything would be loaded in at once and she'd just walk away.

Even more fascinating, In this stage-managed era, was that there had to have been a discussion to leave that door open or not. And they chose to leave it open to show how normal they were, but it failed because everyone with speaking-rights on that set was probably paid enough for that image to seem normal.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bolton should be Miss Adleson 2016. He could stay in that race forever and dazzle the nation with the long shag haircut and frosted mustache combo.

Then you pair him up with Ben Carson as a running mate and sit back and watch the world burn.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Doesn't that make him sort of perfect purity wise for the primary?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

happyhippy posted:

If Mitt did get it, who would be his running mate this time?

Can't think of anyone to be honest, as all the usuals have bad mouthed Mitt a lot.
Can Mitt legally run with one of his sons on the ticket?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The fighting to be Hillary's VP will however, be incredible. But we wont get to see any of it play out in public :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mitt would never hear the question over the din of 15 washing machines running in the next room.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cythereal posted:

I suspect they have at least one maid or other servant who does that for them. Can you really see that woman doing laundry or arranging a closet?

Cleaning and arranging all the garments, let alone the overclothes, would be a full time job during Romney Rustic Retreat weeks.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Oh god please tell me Linda McMahon is going to run in the Republican primary. You know she is thinking about it. She knows she could take on Hillary toe to toe.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You can't point that out without also making mention of his own father, from beyond the grave, being the one to rally against releasing a single year of taxes.

Its such a beautiful world we live in.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

It's beginning to look a lot like Lindsay Graham is going to run.
This is going to be the greatest republican primary ever. I'm so pumped to watch it unfold.

I really need this now that the Xbox One has settled into a position of moribund retreat from public engagement. Yes, I live off PR disasters.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Could Lindsey just be floating the balloon to run as a signpost that he has southern attack-dog bona fides? I'm no fan of his, but he is good at appearing via satellite and leveling wild accusations. Which is a good bit of the VP job during a campaign.

Because really, there is no sense in his running otherwise.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

"Michellethy", to balance out with "Obamacare".

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd imagine that Christie sees in himself the ideal gap-spanning (because he is fat you see) candidate that can be something to enough of every major demographic that he can get elected as a Republican where others cannot. I cant see him thinking himself as being clean, but I can see him thinking that people will realize that it does not matter in the face of him being the only ultimately electable person eating corn dogs in Iowa.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Can/will Micheal Steele run? He's a fine sloganeer and I'm sure has good dirt on a few of his competitors.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

it gets easier once you drop the leader of the free world sthick and just settle for military spending powerhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

utterly wrong thread

• Locked thread