Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Slaan posted:

Also, go Jon Huntsman, who should be labeled 'probably a goon.' Who was it in 2012's primaries that heavily supported him, Arzy?

Arkane, who is backing Rand this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Is there a new intrade around these days? I want to cash in on Jeb while the price is still low.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Did those talks between Penn and Hilary that were reported on go anywhere or is it still hush-hush?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Was Webb the one that pissed off Bush by telling him he wished his kid or nephew wasn't in Iraq?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

For an R President, you need NY/NE, Cali, Chicago, or Texas as a patronage base.

Vinnick 2016!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pong Daddy posted:

I don't know why everybody is so down on Scott Browns chances, he just needs to buy more trucks.

In the future, Detroit's industry will be solely financed by Scott Brown's carpetbaggery.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Masses of Republicans will vote for Hillary. Masses of people who cannot tolerate a black man can tolerate a white woman.

Perhaps but they will not tolerate this white woman.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Hahaha ol' dubya gave an interview to Crowley and said Hilary was like a sister-in-law to him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

So, what do we change the thread title to if the (R) primary starts and Jeb or Mitt have it locked down from the start? Because right now I don't know if they're really gonna feel like they need any redefining.

"Abandon all hope" because Jeb is going to be a shoe-in.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SedanChair posted:

This is gonna be hilarious.

~General Election Debate #1~

Hillary: i was secstate, a senator, i was basically already president until black nicolae carpathia came calling
Jeb: im fatbush; i look like bush, but fat

A republican candidate's biggest challenge (other than painting their policies as not retarded) is being drug around in the primaries. If Jeb clears the field in three to four primaries then he's in a pretty good position. Add in that no one gives a poo poo about secstate outside of polisci nerds and that she's going to be tied to everything related to Obama, gives Jeb a good shot.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Also he has the added advantage of it being true when he says "I was not part of my brother's administration."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SedanChair posted:

On the other hand, he looks like a total dork

And Dubya is definitely the most politically skilled of the brothers.

Just how much of your perception of the Bush family is based upon Lil' Bush?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I will give sedanchair that dubya is smarter than common perception but he' still nowhere near the level he ascribes to Bush.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Quidam Viator posted:

Is it really just about electing Supreme Court justices at this point?

Yep and on that note I'd like to wager five bucks that mark penn ends up on the bench while Hilary is president.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Carly Fiorina is hiring a political director and a communications director for a Presidential campaign.

A Whitman/Fiorina campaign bleeding millions in every media market might just be the stimulus boost we needed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

eternalname posted:

2016 is really shaping up to be hilarious. If only the democratic primary looked as entertaining from here.

In his house at Microsoft, dead Mark Penn waits dreaming :unsmigghh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

At this point it'll probably be easier to hold debates for the three republicans not running.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chamale posted:

The RNC has said they'll bar candidates who run in unsanctioned debates from participating in sanctioned ones. It's possible that we'll end up with rival debate circuits with different sets of candidates.

Reagan be praised! :woop:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

God I hope this causes all the others to start openly announcing so we can get debates started before the end of Q2 2015.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

The article has been updated now with a fantastic specimen of John McCain not giving a gently caress any more.

:allears: I'm loving post-2008 McCain

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Courtesy of Nate Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

radical meme posted:

I don't think the striped shirts had the slimming effect they intended.

There is only so much fat the stripes can hide.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rocks posted:

Can Bill be Vice President of Hillary runs?

No you have to be eligible to be elected as president to run for vice-president.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Well drat why doesn't he just go the whole nine yards and become a head in a jar a la Nixon then.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

A thought occurred to me today, what if after all the insanity of primary season, there's no candidate and we get a floor fight :getin:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Democrats need to take a page from professional wrestling and have a mysterious masked opponent who shows up at debates to double team Hillary with Sanders. At the last debate they're unmasked and it was Bill the whole time! Hillary then elbow drops his rear end and climbs the ladder to grab the nomination.

Wouldn't it really be that much worse if we just made Vince McMahon dictator for life?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Has Bill Kristol been right about anything in his entire career?

No

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is there a reason convention season got bumped up a full month?

Let's them spend general election money sooner.

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 24, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Thanks for fixing my omission from me spacing out this morning joe.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

TheBalor posted:

If it doesn't interact with our body enzymes, mightn't it have no taste at all?

That is a chemical possibility but we've made it before and know that humans can taste it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Saying Romney got 47% of the vote is a little misleading about what it takes for him to win - he did, but because Democrats have an edge in the current layout of the electoral college he probably would have lost at like 50.5%.

Someone threw up a map in the chat thread that showed Hilary winning even if Illinois, Nevada, Colorado and Florida flipped to republican.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Issue: It has IL going red while WI stays blue. That just seems absurd

Regardless of its dumb flips, the point of the map was that democrats have a pretty decent advantage in the electoral college.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

What his campaign is most worried about is that he can't be on the KY Senate and President primary ballot at the same time.

Hahaha eat it you rug wearing motherfucker.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ErIog posted:

Rand's got a much more pressing problem of "dudes in white hoods" following him around.

Yeah but 'dude looks like a toy phone' would hurt him in a republican primary.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I thought that candidates and their related PACs cannot be actually connected. In other words, why would Christie or Walker announce the creation of a PAC if they are not supposed to know what the PAC is doing?

They're not candidates yet, they can hand the reins off at a later date.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jeb's camp must be ecstatic, Romney was the only one that could throw a big enough monkey wrench into his campaign. Now we have to hope that Jeb's campaign implodes on its own.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I don't think Romney wanted to be president so much as Ann Romney wanted to be First Lady.

I'm also personally unconvinced that he's out entirely. He might be angling for VP instead of the big chair.

If he wasn't 67 I'd honestly believe that he's trying to pull a Nixon by playing losing-king maker in 2016.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

If he's holding out hope, it might be as the consensus compromise choice for a ~~brokered convention~~.

Oh please, please, please, oh please :pray:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

so we'll see how well CA does when the tech bubble pops again but the fact remains that large swaths of the country think California is in as bad a shape as Kansas actually is.

We've got a big rear end manufacturing sector so whenever the stupid app bubble bursts I don't think we're going to go all Kansas, on the other hand living in the Bay Area might become cheaper so that'd be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I was under the impression that that story about removing certain color M&Ms had to with making sure that the people the (at least I think it was a) band hired had read the contract in detail, because people could die without that attention to detail.

Yes it was van halen that did this as a result of too many gigs where stadiums couldn't meet the needs of their stage setup. In one case some idiot had them play on a stadium's basketball court and the stage sunk into the wood.

• Locked thread