Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nereid posted:

Hilariously, I always interpreted "natural born" to mean born here or a US military base abroad. :shrug: Pretty sure Canada isn't a military base. But good to know. Seeing the dems doing a birther argument right back at the republicans would be pretty hilarious.

Wouldn't MItt Romney technically have been our first Hispanic president if he had won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The new Five Nights at Freddy's game is REALLY weird.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love how long it lasted, like literally up to the election people, including Rove who hilariously still has a job after that poo poo, were saying "NO NO ROMNEY WILL WIN, THE POLLS HAVE BEEN SKEWED!" as districts turned blue in front of them.

Unskewed Polls was the greatest thing ever I loved it. :) I thought it was a piss take like a long running Onion feature or something for like a month straight. Weren't they also the group that, shortly after the 47% video came out, claimed repeatedly to have some super scandalous video of Obama they were saving that was going to destroy his chances of winning the election and then just sort of shuffled their feet nervously and wandered off when people kept asking to see it? I think they did actually have a video but it was of Obama in a public place talking about how he wants to create jobs or some other campaign talk so innocuous that people didn't even realize it was supposed to be a thing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gyges posted:

Out of curiosity, how many of the school shooters and general mass shooters have been non-Christian? There was the sniper after 9/11, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's no true Christians carrying out most if not all of the shootings in America.

There was that one in New Mexico where the shooter was a kid who was the tri fecta of home schooled, Christian AND the son of a pastor. That got buried REEEAAAL fast.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

Here's a thing that exists: Kelley Paul: the photo shoot.

Why does it exist? :iiam:

11/4/2016. Rand Paul is going to make you his bitch.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/07/rand-pauls-campaign-already-a-glorious-trainwreck-and-its-only-been-one-day/
Nice summary of a lot of the idiotic design decisions on Rand's announcement.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ah yes, judges passing laws = lawlessness. I'm really excited to see this guy in action.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

"Hillary Clinton calls for "toppling" the 1%."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/hillary-clinton-calls-for_0_n_7108026.html

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

How are u posted:

Unsurprising. Just y'all watch, as soon as sexual orientation becomes a protected civil right we are going to see thousands of rich, white gay men show their true colors and fully embrace conservative politics. They're just as willing stomp on the face of the poor as a rich, white straight guy.

This wouldn't surprise me. Huge number of gay republicans prior to Bush Jr.+Marriage Protection Act. There's a documentary about this (aptly titled Gay Republicans) from the early 00s that talks about this large number of gay conservatives trying to reconcile their political beliefs with their political party suddenly taking a hyper-active role in saying they don't have a right to be.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

MC Nietzche posted:

All I'm saying is that if you restrict the sample size to people from Vermont who vote Democratic then Hillary's numbers don't look so good. You've gotta unskew those polls!

Oh my God unskewed polls I remember that site, good times. :) How did it work again? They would take actual poll results and just make poo poo up? Was there any kind of system to it?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Yeah the only way Clinton should bring up Iraq is in terms of "My decision was based on intelligence from Bush's handpicked administration which turned out to be an intentional deception."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Jeb Bush has a great team lined up for dealing with the Middle East once he becomes president:

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/jeb-bush-names-george-w-bush-as-his-most-trusted-middle-east-adviser/

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Nessus posted:

Isn't putting money before children pretty much a good summary of the GOP platform, though?

Yeah but uh:

http://gawker.com/arkansas-police-destroy-josh-duggars-offense-report-1706520227

A slight exaggeration, but "Basically you guys are the REAL vultures I just ordered records to be destroyed by a judge I appointed so to cover up my friends raping their siblings for years" is like mikehuckabee.txt now depending on how opponents wish to spin that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

midnightclimax posted:

Politicians eating in public should be a big PR nono. It usually looks disgusting, never flattering, and the only outcome is some dumb memes and photoshop contests on reddit. Why?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Arugula, the weed of deceit.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

eviltastic posted:

I remain convinced the White House started home brewing because Obama got sick of constantly having to drink stuff like bud lite.

Didn't George Washington have his beer brewed on site too to his own specific recipe even? Hipster micro brewing is as American as apple pie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

William Bear posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/06/04/rick-perry-president-2016-campaign/23842295/

Article about Rick Perry's campaign launch, also mentions Jeb Bush announcing on June 15.

It also has a slide show of The Best Of Rick Perry. My favorite:

Finally, a presidential candidate handbreezy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Chris Christie came to Iowa State University today to poo poo on everyone. Speech audio link at the bottom of the article.

Best part is the suggestion that potential students sell shares of stock of themselves to investors in exchange for a percentage of the future massive income they'll be earning after graduating college.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/06/11/3668713/chris-christie-makes-college-affordability-priority-iowa-speech/

Is there a particularly specific demographic that's like "Yes, yes I want my children to literally sell themselves into indentured servitude when they grow up" that he's going for here?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

mdemone posted:

"You know, hope is a mistake." - Max Rockatansky

As the debates began, each of us was in our own way broken.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Obama's eyes on the gut: "God drat!"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

John St. John only charges $50 for thirty seconds of anything you want said in Duke Nukem's voice. How has the Sanders campaign not recorded a "FEEL THE BERN" ad in the voice of Duke yet?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dolash posted:

That quote from Bush about people having to work longer hours was a little ambiguous, even in the same article he had someone clarifying right after that he meant people should get full-time employment instead of just part-time. How he's supposed to accomplish that remains ambiguous, of course.

Yeah I can definitely understand what he was trying to say, but what is this like, the third time he's meant one thing and it's come out as something else like how he would totally go into Iraq and such?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Rubio launches a sick burn.

"My opponent Rubio here keeps saying the past. Why not build a time machine to the future stupid!" -Clinton 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Which candidate will the Duck Dynasty be supporting at the RNC?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This doesn't really fit here but LOL:

Oklahoma GOP compares food stamps to feeding wild animals in official copy, not even trying to hide it anymore:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/14/1402154/-Oklahoma-Republican-Party-compares-food-stamps-to-feeding-wild-animals/

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Was Chaffee the one whose platform is about the Metric system?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

orange sky posted:

Why don't you guys do it, switch to the metric system?

Besides logistic issues, of course. Is there like a cultural point you want to make? Any reason besides cost?

It's one of those things basically everyone thinks we should do but no one cares. And just, compared to the issues Sanders/etc. were talking up at the same time comes off as irrelevent.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Deofuta posted:

You miss out on the amazing catch phrase if you don't include the rule book!

Signed by Donald GlennnnnnnnnnFS

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Man every single one is visibly nervous right now because all they can say is "Uh yes I TOO WOULD DESTROY ALL EXECUTIVE ORDERS!!!" What a bunch of losers.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Narciss posted:

Then it'd just be Moot

Finally Hatsune no Miku will be on ten dollar bill.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

where can I get some of that superweed that killed Carly's kid?

Carly's daughter was a bulimic who died an alcoholic addicted to legally prescribed medication at the age of 35 because they "couldn't get doctors to understand" that she needed help and then they let her move across the country from them. That's according to Carly Fiorina's own book. I didn't expect anyone last night to know what they were talking about and wasn't disappointed but pretty messed up to make poo poo up and use her kid's death like that on stage.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 17, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This is sort of a brilliant response though because now Fox News will try even harder to frame the debates around shutting Trump down thinking "Huh he's not pressured to drop out yet HARDER HARDER!!!" giving him more attention fuel so he never has to actually know anything or have an actual response to any issue (not the other candidates were particularly great in this respect) and can keep just making acidic responses.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Zwabu posted:

As far as the GOP political hitmen talking about assassinating Trump with points etc. I picture a bunch of Great White Hunters loading up their elephant guns getting ready to bring the beast to bear, all smug and happy, when out of the jungle comes a hundred foot tall T-rex shredding everyone into a giant mess of blood, screams and severed torsos flying around. It just sounds like guys who are out of touch with just how crappy their candidates are and the nature of what Trump has tapped into.

The GOP has trained this astroturf Tea Party monster into hating government and insiders, but it's supposed to only use its fangs against Obama! Not our guy!

Also yet another situation where the GOP simply has no concept of what the internet is or how best to use it. But the stakes here are pretty amazing comared to the typical badly laid out website or poorly worded tweet.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Countdown to JEB making an appearance in the Caligula anal fisting scene.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ahaha, the Samantha Bee bus decals are duct-taped on:

https://twitter.com/becket/status/755057968618635264

Best part is if Herman Cain was running this cycle he'd landslide the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NySCuP2i1w8

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

If enough people tweet to Donald Trump's account that Manafort is blaming his wife for his own incompetent speech management, will he believe it and fire Manafort in an impulsive rage? Has a way been found to Stump the Trump?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Slow and steady, JEB! returns as the nominee.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

MSNBC said that 'sources inside the campaign' have started saying that 'heads are going to roll'

Please. Please, Donald. Do it. Do it live on stage. Cull Manafort as an example to all the rest.

I want this to happen so badly. "Manafort? YOU'RE FIRED!"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

LMAOOOO CBS talking loudly over the Sikh woman praying then suddenly are like "Sorry we need you to be quiet some white guy is talking now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

LMAO the small group going nuts every time Kasich gets like one vote.

• Locked thread