Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Piell posted:

Yeah Palin is 100% not running, she might have to do actual work then and she's done with doing that, she just wants to get on TV saying dumb poo poo.

If she ran for president, she would give up her lucrative career as a Republican Stand-Up Comedian/Motivational speaker.

Plus, have you seen her speeches. She can barely string together two sentences on the same subject. I don't think she could handle a political speech where she can't just flip from subject to subject in a series of attempted witty quips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Joementum posted:

Now, instead of one minute of that, imagine 40. Actually, you don't have to imagine because here's the whole thing in its :psyduck: glory.

Sarah Palin hasn't met five sentences should couldn't squish into one and why should we be letting the big boys in Washington tell us how to speak properly is important don't you know I'm a grizzly mama.

Edit: What is with all these scandals she's talking about that I've never even heard about. Am I out of touch, or does she have such a loving victim complex that she thinks anyone still cares about her?

And why does she seem to worship Reagan like some people worship Jesus.

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 25, 2015

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

Yo, actually listen to the speech, she's slurring her words a lot and kinda has the verbal tic I can't quite describe. its kinda like she talks really fast and then suddenly talks slow and then back to fast.

It doesn't help that she talks like the mom from Bobby's World. I think part of it might be that it seems like she's talking off the top of her head. So she's not coming across weirdly partially since she's making it up as she's going along. The clear sign of this is when she starts talking about Bristol's teacher, and goes off on a weird tangent about her name.

Also, I laughed at her idea to decentralize the federal government.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Acrophyte posted:

You've never met a woman from MN or WI I take it?

I have, since I live in WI.

I was just saying that the shrill voice, mixed with the somewhat strong accent, and her style of speaking makes her hard to stomach.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I think my favorite line is "The state doesn't own children. Parents own the children." That is a really hosed up line that won't get enough press.

Also, everything is about "freedom!"

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I love a good ol' fascist message. I think it was some fascist propagandist who said you make your enemies look overpowering strong while also making them making them look absurdly weak. So, ISIS is this massive threat to the state of the world, but they're on the same level as the protesters in Wisconsin.

That, or he's a total idiot. I'm leaning towards that.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

deoju posted:

I am pretty sure I read he has Chrohn's disease. Maybe he has a restricted diet and doesn't want to call attention to his health.

His brother Marvin has Crohn's, I didn't see anything about Jeb. The thing about Crohn's is when it is well controlled, you can lead a relatively normal life. Obviously, that can change. But I think if he did have it, as long as he's kept it under control, I think it shouldn't come up too much.

Plus, Eisenhower had Crohn's disease, so I think if it was good enough for Eisenhower, it shouldn't be problematic for any other presidents. Kennedy also had it, but we don't want to put any focus on Kennedy's health.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I can't wait for someone to explain to Donald Trump what a false memory is and why all these people saying they remember it happening means nothing. And then Donald Trump will say "I have no false memories. I have one of the all time great memories, and if I said it happened, then it must have happened because I am a petulant 5-year-old trapped in the body of a nearly 70-year-old man."

Of course, Trump will still somehow turn it into his favor.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

When Trump says his memory is perfect they can say he forgot the reporter he met 12 times.

My memory is perfect. This guy was so inconsequential that my brain did not produce the engrams needed for me to remember him. Because my memory is great, and I can't remember everything, so I choose only the important things to remember.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

The majority of Democrats (57 percent) are not liberals, and even 10% of those flipping to Trump will render him effectively unbeatable so long as the Republicans continue their tradition of uniting behind their chosen victor, and the anti-Hillary fervour is probably going to be a much stronger motivator among conservatives and independents than any anti-Trump concerns.

Note I don't think his conversion rate would be quite that high, but I don't think he'd be a pushover in a general either.

Where do you get your meth and can I have some?

Republicans are terrible about uniting behind their chosen candidate. And wh the way Trump is going, he's pushing away all but a core group of angry people who wouldn't vote for a Democrat even if it was Hitler (R) versus Jesus (D).

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Ouhei posted:

If anyone thinks this is the last story that breaks about the terrible poo poo he has said or done then you're dead wrong. Stories that are basically the same as this have trickled out over the course of the campaign and now every single one of them will be brought back to the limelight and tons more are going to come out of the woodwork. We now have Trump himself on tape being a loving monster, there is no denying that this happened or wasn't him. Every story that people brushed off because they just didn't want to face it can no longer be brushed aside. Every news agency is now trying as hard as they can to get more tapes of him saying poo poo like this, there is more coming and it will not stop.

He is going to try to bring up the Bill Clinton stuff and there's no chance it works, because Bill isn't running for president, if you want people to be outraged at what he did then you can't dismiss what Trump did, and this is the single most prepared/dealt with issue by the campaign.

It's not going to sink him as much as it should, but there is no chance for the comeback that he needs now.

I would love to see him try to bring up the Bill Clinton stuff at Sunday's debate. You know Hillary is just waiting for that, and when he does, she will eviscerate him.

I think by the end of the day, you'll see the Republican party pull all support for the Trump, and basically tell him if he runs, he runs on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I finally realize who Giuliani reminds me of. Dr. Ed from Day of the Tentacle/Maniac Mansion. He has the same twisted look and demented smile.

• Locked thread