Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Willard Romney - Horticulture Height Enthusiast

This is just the right amount of joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grouchio posted:

If Cruz runs for president, we'll bypass his slippery rear end

Tee hee.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Don't trust any presidential candidate over thirty (except Bernie Sanders)

But you can't run for president unless you're—ooooooooooooooh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doesn't ring a bell.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Where's the birth certificate :mad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ninjasaurus posted:

Romney is the comedy/schadenfreude option we all want to be nominated again because he'll never be President and it's funny to see him try.

Every time someone posts this, I hear the voice of Richard Milhous Nixon in my ear, and I turn a stark shade of pale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ninjasaurus posted:

Somehow I don't think Romney is today's Nixon.

Counterpoint: Political standards have really fallen in the last few decades.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not that it matters a bit, but isn't Dean likely on the Clinton blacklist for his opposition to the DLC in 2004 and his backing of Obama early on in the 2008 primary?

I have every confidence the Clintons' lust for power will overcome any bad blood if Dean is even marginally useful. (See: State, secretary of)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chamale posted:

Dubya v. Bubba

With a title this catchy, you could seriously sell a PPV of a Lincoln-Douglas style debate between them.

And you know who's waiting in the wings, ready to moderate... :newt:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

He's twerkin', Chris Matthews! AH LOVE IT! :clint:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Serendipity is every bit as good as intention.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mooyashi posted:

FWIW I'm pretty sure you get called your highest title achieved in many style guides and Post's etiquette.

Yeah. Mr. President is always Mr. President, Governor is always Governor, and (my favorite) mayor is always, in extremely formal settings, "His Honor the Mayor." :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

I'm really just using this as an excuse to post this picture.

The kid's :stare: face gets me every goddamn time. Including when it appears in multiple posts.

It's just the best. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Obama is loving anathema to winning POTUS '16. Nobody except maybe Biden or Sanders would want his endorsement, especially now that his OFA db is in the wild.

You're just bitter because he kicked you out in the first term

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ohgodwhat posted:

Yeah, we talk about the uptick of Obama's approval rating because of him "taking a stand" but perhaps it's more to do with gas prices...

I don't have it handy but pretend this is a picture of the political cartoon with the "Gas" and "Economy" levers or whatever. That stuff cuts both ways, though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Mitt's happening.

Romney 2016: Mitt Happens

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lote posted:

Can that be!? I think I'm hearing McMahon's music!

NO CHANCE to win the nomination THAT'S WHAT YOU GOT

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hmm. The democrat has a single card to play called "Old Maid." Hmmmmmm.

Already starting to beat the misogyny drum, huh GOP?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The X-man cometh posted:

But Lindsey Graham's a republican?

Oh, well played sir. Well played indeed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Nothing banks even remotely to the left in that picture.

The subtlety on this one is underappreciated, I feel.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

radical meme posted:

If they spend that much and still lose in 2016, my bet is that will be the last election cycle where that kind of money is thrown around by one group.

Leaving aside that there's plenty of money being tossed around on the winning side in that scenario, the one thing you should never bet against is how divorced from reality the rich are.

I mean, look at how much money they chucked at Karl Rove, and their response was basically, "You know what went wrong? We didn't spend enough!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fulchrum posted:

Its used as a catchall for anyone they don't think of as human

Please don't empty quote

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FAUXTON posted:

Jump up and down, and move it all around
Shake your head to the sound, put your kids in the ground

Holy poo poo, how did this get missed? :vince:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- That one stupid loving song they play in every single god drat wedding.

The Time Warp? :raise:

ThirdPartyView posted:

They play "Hava Nagila" in goyim weddings?! :eyepop:

BAH GAWD THAT'S BARRY HOROWITZ' MUSIC KING

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zakharov posted:

Seriously what is up with MIGF

He hasn't been the same since Obama threw him out of the White House :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Obama has had his policy influence whittled away by his repeated changes of direction and focus from 2009 to 2014 on the Democratic Senate majority. Now, all Obama has left to influence is foreign policy and appointments.

Frankly, these days, I don't trust Obama to make the right call when his phone rings at 3am. He's simply too isolated and surrounded by loyalists, far more afraid of a leak than the contents which leak, and has no understanding on how to work with a Congress dominated by the other side. You do coalition politics, not personal politics; Obama has never been one for constructing and maintaining coalitions, nor will any of his moves since the election allow him to start.

Now? Obama is damaging the consistency of American policy by interfering in areas which he knows nothing about and which he only knows rhetoric without substance. For a prime example of this, see Obama's proposal to tax 529s. Seriously, whoever came up with that poo poo of a policy should've been sacked long ago.

Also he cares too much about arranging the perfect living environment in NYC after his term is over, and not enough on winning while he's still in office. Obama has moved on mentally towarda winning the future, when we need a President able and willing to win today.

CHICAGO POLITICS :argh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

Voted Cruz.

Preview to 2016 general right here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oddium posted:

More like My Imaginary Talking Points

SLAM JAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Boom shakalaka :vince:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Whenever someone asks this, the answer is always "Real but dear gods I wish it wasn't :ohdear:".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Scott Walker actually had a very prestigious job before governor

He used Wisconsin's economy's special parts to make his robot friends :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deep Hurting posted:

One of the robot puppets would, in all likelihood, make a better President. And be less susceptible to manipulation by the Koch brothers.

I hope you're talking about Gypsy because I don't want Crow anywhere near The Button.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

gnarlyhotep posted:

it's me in GBS

hell after the last management I could be Pol Pot and still be hailed as a hero

I mean I disagree with the man's philosophies, but you have to admit, gnarleyhtop has some good policies

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Seriously, this is not going anywhere and nobody is going to give a poo poo who wasn't already voting against her anyway.

The only way this gets legs is if it leads to a horrible, proven, easily identifiable and understandable security breach with concrete consequences. We will know if this is the case because it will be trumpeted across all major media 24/7—not the email account info itself, but the actual information contained in said breach. If this happens, it will be a big deal and all but sink Clinton's campaign.

But it won't be, because something that big would've been seen already. Which means this is a big fat load of nothing that will fall right into the BENGHAZI!!! background noise and have absolutely zero traction with anyone not looking for an excuse to scream and stamp their feet.

In summary,

Seriously, this is not going anywhere and nobody is going to give a poo poo who wasn't already voting against her anyway.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Your post is dumb, but this is a delightful turn of phrase.

If someone doesn't claim "A Shady Midnight Tweet" as their user name then America is a failed experiment.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

What is this. What is this. Will somebody please tell me what this look is. What is he thinking about.

your death :stare:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

skaboomizzy posted:

As always, pro-wrestling has the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p5UUhAVxkQ

I know this is Luke's titantron without even clicking. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deteriorata posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about the answers to any of those.

Incorrect. ABC News gives a poo poo about it. :v:

(I don't and I'm considering removing them from my news feed)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

I have no idea why HRM Caesar St. Augustine de Buonaparte keeps running. He claims that he sent President Clinton a letter in 1996 declaring war on the US and, since Clinton never replied, he won and is now the official Emperor of America, which would seem to make the Presidential election superfluous at best.

Illusion of choice to placate the plebeians. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Louisvillian checking in to say I still believe in Harvey Dent :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chadderbox posted:

Had it happened 16 months from now you might have had a point too. Remember how the shutdown had weeks of coverage and Republicans tanked in the polls... then won the 2014 elections?

You mean the ones that were already heavily slanted red to begin with and had democrats put up the weakest milquetoast dorks who ran away from a president who got uninsured people insurance for the first time in like ever? Sure do!

I mean snark aside, gains were kind of locked in already. The reason it went worse than expected wasn't because everyone forgot about the shutdown, it was because the people voting in the areas Republicans won didn't care. It doesn't help that the democrats completely screwed the pooch after the GOP handed them a giant stick to beat them with. If you're going to lose, lose supporting your guy. Blathering around in the middle just makes you look like an idiot to everyone Grimes.

• Locked thread