Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes

tinstaach posted:

for real, that gavel is extremely my poo poo

seriously, where did they find phil collins' drum kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

My sample ballot has this guy Thomas Dixon running for senate in three different parties, and Bill Bledsoe in two parties? How does that even work?

Since I don't know anything about this Thomas Dixon guy, I checked out his website. His event calendar contains one thing, the morning of election day, just labeled "busy":

And hooray for a South Carolina downticket, please select the Republican. Except for Soil and Water, where I guess I just get to write in Deez Nuts.

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Mariana Horchata posted:

oh im def making some kind of horchata-liquor combination beverage for election night and im gonna get fkn hammid

gotta work out a recipe tho

The recipe's right there in the name. Horchata, liquor. Combine.

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Mariana Horchata posted:

nah i mean like making the horchata from scratch and what to use for ingredients

or i could just slack and order up a few gallons of jiffy-horchata on Amazon

but im def using rum for the etoh

just get some from your local taco truck, they should be on every corner by then

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

jisforjosh posted:

Here I thought Texas was bad about leaving certain positions up to public vote, but Coroner? :wtc:

Yeah as I understand it the reason is that there was a push to make all of these kinds of offices democratically elected instead of just appointed by the state. Everybody agrees it's stupid but you know that if anybody tried to change it, it would be spun as "they want to take away our voice!"

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

I've read almost every page of this hilarious magnificent bastard thread (and discovered a lot of new music so thx) and I want to help get it to 20k pages before the coronation of our new lizard empress. But I also want to contribute. So I guess my question is, how do I shitpost meaningfully?

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Also how do i determine whether I'm day or nite crew? TIA

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

OatmealRaisin posted:

when u know, u know :justpost:

i'm on it

currently drinking a boulevardier but with bulleit rye, equal parts campari, carpano antica formula vermouth, and bulleit rye. good as hell

edit: uh ed balls? is that the thing we do?

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Turdfuzz posted:

im sure that guy w/ an account older than 9/11 doesnt kno how2shitpost

don't judge me, i got this account back when i was a junior in college because i liked the jeff k QUAEK maps (note that i am old as gently caress)

my posting up to this point has been helpfulposting and not shitposting

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

in serious c-spam news though, i heard a co-worker talking today about how since hillary's going to win no matter what, republicans should just not vote at all, so that it looks like she only won because the other team didn't decide to show up and she doesn't REALLY have a mandate

i told him that was an excellent idea

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Turdfuzz posted:

this is some serious news!!!

south carolina though so i mean whatever

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

navyjack posted:

That sounds like a tasty rear end cocktail, in my professional opinion!

also it's just a big glass of liquor

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

prefect posted:

Harvey and Peggy Koeppel did their research before putting their house on the market earlier this year. They checked with real-estate brokers, researched neighborhood sale history, placed ads in all the right places.

And they listed their three-bedroom apartment with sweeping views of the Hudson River, high ceilings, and hardwood floors for a broker-recommended price of $2.85 million. They figured, like almost every apartment in New York, and certainly every apartment in Manhattan, that it would attract a throng of interest, and probably a few offers after an open house, some of them even above the asking price.

Instead, nothing. The open house was a bust. The flood of would-be buyers was a trickle. No offers came through. So the Koeppels cut the price by $55,000.

Still nothing.

Now the only thing they can figure wrong with their apartment is the name on the front of the building: Trump Place.

first they came for the millionaires who had to cut the price on their house by slightly less than two percent, and i did not speak out, because

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

prefect posted:

Harvey and Peggy Koeppel did their research before putting their house on the market earlier this year. They checked with real-estate brokers, researched neighborhood sale history, placed ads in all the right places.

And they listed their three-bedroom apartment with sweeping views of the Hudson River, high ceilings, and hardwood floors for a broker-recommended price of $2.85 million. They figured, like almost every apartment in New York, and certainly every apartment in Manhattan, that it would attract a throng of interest, and probably a few offers after an open house, some of them even above the asking price.

Instead, nothing. The open house was a bust. The flood of would-be buyers was a trickle. No offers came through. So the Koeppels cut the price by $55,000.

Still nothing.

Now the only thing they can figure wrong with their apartment is the name on the front of the building: Trump Place.

quote:

Harvey R. Koeppel is the president of Pictographics Inc., a management and technology advisory and consulting services firm that has provided executive-level support to the financial services industry since 1979.

So this guy is:
- the president of a company
- which provides consulting services
- to the executives of other companies
- in the financial services industry
Confiscate his apartment, convert it to a support center for transgender syrian refugees

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know why all my liberal friends are choosing to freak out now, I've never felt better about Clinton's chances now that Dem EV is really picking up and she's gotten strong post-FBI shitshow margins in all the states she needs to win.

Downticket... Because having a Democratic majority Senate is going to also be important, and it's not NEARLY as in-the-bag as the Presidential race. It'll be bad enough with a Republican-controlled House demanding constant investigations, and then investigations of those investigations when they don't turn up anything.

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Schnorkles posted:

Schnorkles brand EV update, Stop loving arzying I will fight you edition.

you are the wind beneath my wings

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

Three Olives posted:

And on top of it he will probably take a tax deduction for depreciation on the plane because of all the flying he did.

Eh, no need if you don't even pay taxes in the first place.

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

There's a Mexican place near my house that has a "giant torta" for $8.25 that comes with refried beans, a fried egg, bologna, ham, a hot dog, queso fresco, onions, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeņos, chipotle sauce, mayonnaise, lettuce, American cheese, and your choice of meat (milanesa de pollo o res, pierna, chorizo, or carnitas).

Also has carnitas by the pound for $12.75 and barbacoa for $14.50, and two-dollar half-gallons of homemade horchata.

So do we start getting these places on every corner immediately after the election, or will it take until January?

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

OK I (kind of) know about dwarf fortress but what's the game with the lesbian colony thing?

I'm Dave Bowie, I'm Dave Byrne,
I'm Dave Foster Wallace, wait your turn
I'm Dave Thomas, square burgers
I'm Super Dave, Burger King, King of Burgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1QoNac1ijs

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Feral lesbians often live in colonies, groups of feral lesbians that live together in one territory, often near food sources and shelter.[5] Researchers disagree on the existence, extent, and structure of dominance hierarchies within feral colonies.[13][15] Different types of hierarchies have been observed in feral colonies, including despotic and linear hierarchies. Some colonies are organized in more complex structures, such as relative hierarchies, where social status of individual lesbians can vary on their location, the time of day, or the activity the lesbians are engaged in (particularly feeding and mating).[16][17]

When a cishet decides to care for a feral colony, it is often called a managed colony. The care given can include regularly supplying food and water to the lesbians, providing shelters, helping with trap-neuter-return programs, providing continued veterinary care, finding foster homes for lesbians that can be socialized for eventual adoption, and working to educate people who live in the neighborhood.[5][18]

Oh, makes sense I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

One useless vote for Space Empress Hillary in the blood-red home of Bob Jones University. I did get to vote against fuckface Trey Gowdy!

Turnout is higher than I've seen in 08 or 12 at this precinct. There were probably 200 people there at 7:15 in a precinct with just over 2000 registered voters. I've literally never waited at this location before

• Locked thread